Shadowmoses - High Brix - AK48 - Wonder Woman - 2015

pretty awesome shadow & with all that veg time you might not have to grow again...ever lol :grinjoint:!!
Thanks Sol! Hopefully they don't get so big they outgrow the tent though lol. I might be in a pickle :) .

That's so cool that it worked out like that for you, because I had the same experience with my Carnival. Within a couple days she leveled right out almost on her own. Nice when it works better than you'd hoped, isn't it? Nice recovery on the color. There was a time there when we all held our breath. Well, maybe Graytail didn't, but the rest of us don't have his experience. Whew! Well done. :bravo:

The flip was almost as giddy a time for me as the harvest. How about you? I laughed all day, but this was my first. They're always special, I guess.
Yes, it is a beautiful sight seeing that nice even canopy Sue. Hopefully these girls don't outgrown their 5 gallon pots in flowering and start turning on me again. I was hopeful they would recover and Graytail helped solidify my thoughts on being root bound. Massive kudos to him.

I am so excited to see what these girls do for me in flower. It is going to be awesome watching them mature and put on so nice flowers. I think MMJ is the most beautiful plant and love watching them grow. :)

Morning Shadow!

Was skipping down the lane and seen your beautiful garden and couldn't help but take a little gander.

Sure are some beautiful sights in here. I was sure to keep to the path.

Lots of Love, Shadow!

:love:
Thanks Pigeons, with my busy weeks, I really need to catch up on all the journals I am following. Your garden is quite massive. I don't know how you find the time to do it all.

I just mixed up my second batch of soil to cook last night and that about exhausted me. It will be nice recycling soil too. Can't wait to get some girls in 2nd or 3rd run soil.

That's quite the turn-around on the AK! :goodjob:

Thanks Pigeons, with my busy weeks, I really need to catch up on all the journals I am following. Your garden is quite massive. I don't know how you find the time to do it all.

I just mixed up my second batch of soil to cook last night and that about exhausted me. It will be nice recycling soil too. Can't wait to get some girls in 2nd or 3rd run soil.

It's not as hard as you'd think. Although, I did try growing multiple plants before and failed miserably. You can see that in my failed journal. But that mishap really helped me moving forward. I forgot to just love and appreciate them, each of them. And the love they give back is addictive and keeps drawing me back. Not much gets missed.

I look forward to creating and recycling soil. I go through so much of it on the regular.

Keep it up Shadow!

:thumb: :love:

That's quite the turn-around on the AK! :goodjob:

It's not as hard as you'd think. Although, I did try growing multiple plants before and failed miserably. You can see that in my failed journal. But that mishap really helped me moving forward. I forgot to just love and appreciate them, each of them. And the love they give back is addictive and keeps drawing me back. Not much gets missed.

I look forward to creating and recycling soil. I go through so much of it on the regular.

Keep it up Shadow!

:thumb: :love:

Thanks guys! With all the things going on in real life it can be hard to do it all lol. I can't wait till I get some time off.

AK48 Day 79 (Flower Day 13) - Wonder Woman Day 72 (Flower Day 13)
Time for an update 420 family!

The girls are doing so well. I just gave them a nice GE drench right after I took the pictures. Next week I will add some recharge to the soil and possibly do at cat drench if the buds look like they have set in. I also gave WW a little hair cut after the photos to get those huge leaves off of her nodes.

The clones are stunning. I topped both of them a few days ago and pruned off the clone leaves as well. Really impressed with how they are looking and I can't wait till I get to train them. Not going to make the mistake of not training the WW this time either. I think WW needs it more than AK to be honest. She is so dense.

I don't really have a lot of time right now (as usual lately), so here is some pictures of the girls. Enjoy!

AK48 - Day 79 (Flower Day 13)
79-AK48-1.png

79-AK48-2.png

Wonder Woman - Day 72 (Flower Day 13)
72-WW-1.png

72-WW-2.png

Group Shot
group-79-72.png

group-79-72-2.png

Clones - Day 15 in pots - WW Left - AK48 right
group-clones-151.png

group-clones-15-21.png

That AK48 is just so lovely. I love her shape, both from the top and profile. I agree that Wonder Woman could use some defoliation and training. I dont know where I would start with that, honestly. haha Its like a waterfall of leaves. (leaf fall?)

That AK48 is just so lovely. I love her shape, both from the top and profile. I agree that Wonder Woman could use some defoliation and training. I dont know where I would start with that, honestly. haha Its like a waterfall of leaves. (leaf fall?)

Since you asked and I was lurking about:

In mid-veg, top and prune for 3-6 main tops. In late veg, take all but the top 3-5 nodes on the main branches and cut them off.

Put the plants in bloom.

early bloom, clean up the lower branches and suckers.

Mid-bloom, clean up anything that grows inward and blocks light. You should be able to see dirt when you look down from the top.

If you fail to trim up during late veg, you'll have bushes in bloom!

Same plants, just under 3 weeks apart:

Picture_001344.jpg
IMG_84103.jpg

The second pic is after the pre-bloom/late veg pruning. Those plants were put into bloom 24 hours after the haircut. The first pic is the same exact plant, today.

Thanks, Doc Bud! :blushsmile:

Wow..that is quite a difference. If you dont mind, Ima copy that last post and put it on a sticky note for future reference. Ill never remember where it was if I dont. lol

a sticky note for future reference. Ill never remember where it was if I dont. lol

Is that something I'm missing that's available in the thread, or is that a Win10 thing?

Doc,
that is one my favorite posts of yours.
one could read 6 books on the subject and there it is in one post.

and the pics to back it up

Is that something I'm missing that's available in the thread, or is that a Win10 thing?

It came with my computer too many years ago. haha. I think I have Win7 still.

Haha, that is where I am at right now with her Sorenna. I almost don't know where to start. I thought she was going to grow like the Short Rider I grew last time. The Short Rider bottom nodes caught up with the top nodes. Maybe I just got lucky with her.

Since you asked and I was lurking about:

In mid-veg, top and prune for 3-6 main tops. In late veg, take all but the top 3-5 nodes on the main branches and cut them off.

Put the plants in bloom.

early bloom, clean up the lower branches and suckers.

Mid-bloom, clean up anything that grows inward and blocks light. You should be able to see dirt when you look down from the top.

If you fail to trim up during late veg, you'll have bushes in bloom!

Same plants, just under 3 weeks apart:

Picture_001344.jpg
IMG_84103.jpg

The second pic is after the pre-bloom/late veg pruning. Those plants were put into bloom 24 hours after the haircut. The first pic is the same exact plant, today.

This is indeed an awesome post Doc. I also read this in your QA thread. Great stuff.

I had a Short Rider that I grew that the bottom nodes actually caught up with the top node. Based on her early structure I thought this might happen, so I thought I will just let her grow. I won't be making that mistake again. :)

Really happy with the clones though. I am hoping that they will be able to make it in my small tent and possibly till the flower girls are done flowering in the current pots they are in. What do you think? I am not thinking they will the more I look at them. They already have so many roots out the bottom of their pots.

AK48 Day 83 (Flower Day 17) - Wonder Woman Day 76 (Flower Day 17)
Hello 420 family, update time!

It appears that AK48 might be getting root bound again. I am curious if she will be able to finish in the 5 gallon pots. I just ordered a few 7 gallon GeoPots that should be here on Tuesday. This is probably more directed at Graytail because of his experience in root pots but if anyone else know please chime in. Should I go ahead and transplant the girls into the 7 gallon pots? I don't know if she will be able to finish strong if not.

Wonder Woman is still looking pretty good but if I transplant AK48, I might as well do them both to prevent her from loosing energy as well.

AK48 and Wonder Woman are both starting to put on some frosties woot woot :) . My next question is about the Cat drench. Both the flowering girls are looking like their buds are set or will be come Wednesday for drench time to me. Do they look like they are set to you all?

Finally, the clones are looking amazing. I couldn't be happier with them. I also ordered some more 5 gallon GeoPots to have available for transplant when their time comes. How long do you think they can go in the 1 gallons Graytail? I don't want these girls to have any stress this time around. I will also put these girls into flower way sooner than I did with the others as I don't want to run out of energy in my soil again.

I hope everything is good with all of you and hope you are all having an awesome weekend.

AK48 - Day 83 (Flower Day 17)
83-AK48.png

HDR Picture
83-AK48-2.png

83-AK48-3.png

Frost starting to form.
83-AK48-4.png

Wonder Woman - Day 76 (Flower Day 17)
76-WW.png

76-WW-2.png

76-WW-3.png

AK48 - Clone Day 17 in pots
19-AK48-Clone.png

19-AK48-Clone-2.png

WW - Clone Day 17 in pots
19-WW-Clone.png

19-WW-Clone-2.png

It may be difficult to upcan from 5 gallons to 7 gallons - there's not a lot of room for more soil around the edges - but I think it would be a grand idea for the AK48 at least. I've had a lot of experience with yellowing plants in bloom, probably because I run the smallest pots of the HB crowd. :cheesygrinsmiley: If you get another 2 gallons of fresh soil to it now, and support it with an Energy/Tea feed on the high side, I think it'll be in great shape for a Cat drench. It's a bit early for Cat right now - I'd say wait another 10 days or so. That would be perfect for an upcan, Energy/Tea, followed by a Tran/water feed next and then the Cat. :slide:

That WW clone looks absolutely plastic! :laughtwo: I didn't know Doc was sending ones that small - very nice! :thumb:

If it were me, I'd pop the clones into the 5 gallon pots right away

:Namaste:.

It may be difficult to upcan from 5 gallons to 7 gallons - there's not a lot of room for more soil around the edges - but I think it would be a grand idea for the AK48 at least. I've had a lot of experience with yellowing plants in bloom, probably because I run the smallest pots of the HB crowd. :cheesygrinsmiley: If you get another 2 gallons of fresh soil to it now, and support it with an Energy/Tea feed on the high side, I think it'll be in great shape for a Cat drench. It's a bit early for Cat right now - I'd say wait another 10 days or so. That would be perfect for an upcan, Energy/Tea, followed by a Tran/water feed next and then the Cat. :slide:

That WW clone looks absolutely plastic! :laughtwo: I didn't know Doc was sending ones that small - very nice! :thumb:

100% agree! I've always looked at 7 gallons as the smallest size pot. If I didn't have 50 of the damn things I'd probably say 10 gallons is the minimum size.

Also, I highly recommend you trim/prune up the lower end of those plants and take all the suckers. They'll be much happier if you do.

I include myself on same boat as you GT with growing in small pots using Docs kit..:thumb:

Awesome, thanks for the info Graytail. I will do just that as it sounds like a solid plan.

Haha, yeah you have to special order the small plastic plants from Doc. Well worth the price though. :)
:Namaste:

100% agree! I've always looked at 7 gallons as the smallest size pot. If I didn't have 50 of the damn things I'd probably say 10 gallons is the minimum size.

Also, I highly recommend you trim/prune up the lower end of those plants and take all the suckers. They'll be much happier if you do.
Thanks Doc, I trimmed up both the girls today and the sprayed with some de-stress. Wow, that is a lot of green my friend. I couldn't imagine having that many girls going at the same time. :bravo:

I include myself on same boat as you GT with growing in small pots using Docs kit..:thumb:
Thanks Ziggy! I think I might start making 7 gallon my minimum with 2 plants at a time. I think my tent can handle that. :)

I, for one, learned the hard way about keeping clones in small pots too long. I'm still learning about removing leaves. Watch my grow to see what I mean.
:green_heart:
I have been watching Tranquil :) . Been following for a while. I haven't had a whole lot of time to make comments lately though. I saw what happened to your clones and Gray's advice. Have they recovered yet?

AK48 Day 91 (Flower Day 25) - Wonder Woman Day 84 (Flower Day 25)
Hello 420 family, time for another update.

I got AK48 and WW transplanted into 7 gallon pots on the 13th (Tuesday last week) and gave them a really good drench feeding of mostly GE and some transplant. AK48 has yet again recovered and is looking absolutely stunning. I also pruned the girls up pretty good. The WW did get pruned pretty hard, however, you can't tell that much anymore. I did decide to go ahead and put WW in a 7 gallon pot as well since everything was already out and I already had a nice mess going in the bathroom haha. It wasn't too hard getting them transplanted with some patients and some help pulling the fabric pot off.

They both are putting on strong flowers and trichomes are everywhere. I think that the buds are set now and will give them their first Cat drench on Wednesday. I can't wait to see how they respond to that.

On to the clones. I didn't take any pictures of them today due to time constraints, but they are looking pretty good. I got AK48 clone put in a 5 gallon pot and ran out of soil. I started cooking my other half of soil on the 4th of October and I am not quite sure what to do about that. I may have to pull some soil early so I can get her into a bigger pot. As soon as I do get her in a bigger pot and trained I will flip them to flower in their small tent. I really hope that tent can handle them till the other girls are threw flowering, otherwise I don't know what I am going to do. I have even though of culling them. I really didn't realize how fast the clones would grow. I am going to have to try and figure out the timing on cloning vs my flowering girls so that I don't run out of vertical space. My veg tent is only 3 feet tall.

I also took some clones from the AK48 clone when I was pruning and training her that will be put in water as I think that they keep longer that way and don't produce roots nearly as fast. That is a good thing in my situation.

I hope you all are doing well and hope to hear from you soon. Here are some pics of the girls.

AK48 - Day 91 (Flower Day 25)
91-AK48-1.png

91-AK48-2.png

91-AK48-3.png

Wonder Woman - Day 84 (Flower Day 25)
84-WW-1.png

84-WW-2.png

84-WW-3.png

Back
Top Bottom