Shiggityflip - Follow The Yellow Brix Road With The Perfect Sun 1000

That is one fine pile of hash there shiggs. I'm beyond impressed. As a noob to hash, can you point me to a place where I can read your method? I'm absolutely amazed at that pile O trichs!

Heya Shigs! Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but glad I'm here!
That's a great grow space you have and that light looks awesome. :welldone:

For your rosin press that's heating up too high, perhaps a layer or two of pipe insulation tape over the ceramic plates will help reduce the heat for you???

I'm looking forward to the rest of the grow! :popcorn:

BTW, I've been a loyal hydro grower since I started, but I do grow a lot of fruits & veggies in soil and understand brix as it applies there. I've been seeing and reading what Doc, and people like you and others, have done with his kits and I'm very impressed. I'll likely give his kit a test drive at some point. :thumb:

BTW, I've been a loyal hydro grower since I started, but I do grow a lot of fruits & veggies in soil and understand brix as it applies there. I've been seeing and reading what Doc, and people like you and others, have done with his kits and I'm very impressed. I'll likely give his kit a test drive at some point. :thumb:
Thank you Mr. Krip! I used to grow a large set up with hydroton and ebb flow tables and more recently a chem grow in soilless. In the last grow I had some chem and some high brix. I was impressed for sure. It's a lot of fun and you may see phenotypic traits pop out that weren't in the same clone before.

Hey FE, gonna have a big update Friday. Been super busy but the GF leaves town so I will have time. CAt drench is happening today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow. Also... I got my rosin press assembled. Will have some test results! Here is my very first press with Huckleberry Kush Lavender hash pheno. I don't have the press clamped down yet but plan on doing that today. I also have individual temperature probes for the blocks I need to drill and JBweld in. The nug I used was a 2 month cure so it gave a nice cured hash flavor. I am pressing at 210 degrees Fahrenheit so almost all the terps are preserved. The flavor is better than any BHO I have made. I have squished almost everything with the Pineberry Huck Kush being the sweetest. The berry taste is unbelievable. Agent orange is sappier and mindblowingly citrus. Twister tastes like the most amazing Nepalese hash and comes clearer and sappy.

I am so satisfied with this and can't even put full pressure yet due to lack of clamps. But I am a believer. Use your ethanol for drinking. Use your butane for your dab torch. The rosin revolution is here and you will want to jump on this train!

image14599.jpeg

I need to do some back reading now. Most prevalent wax here is BHO for sure. Dude I know runs butane like a mofo. I personally don't like the idea of smoking a solvent.

As always, GJ Shigs! I am tric hunting like crazy waiting for cloudy and amber. So far I have mostly clear. I am jonesing for a harvest so I can get a damn journal kickin.

I need to do some back reading now. Most prevalent wax here is BHO for sure. Dude I know runs butane like a mofo. I personally don't like the idea of smoking a solvent.

As always, GJ Shigs! I am tric hunting like crazy waiting for cloudy and amber. So far I have mostly clear. I am jonesing for a harvest so I can get a damn journal kickin.
Start a journal at any point, doesn't matter when. Yeah I used to do BHO outside, both blasting and thermos tek. This is hands down the tastiest and easiest. And no wait. In 1 hour including heat up you could have all your dabs for the week. For me the actual work time seemed very short and easy. When I get the rig clamped down I will have even easier of a time. I will post a construction and use thread very soon. If you already have a meat thermometer the total cost is about 220. Comparable commercial versions are 360+

I ended up buying a press from best value vacs. It has 5x5 inch plates. I modified it to get more pressure, but still, best results have been at 260f for 8-10 seconds. I am impressed with the yields. Very stoney and lots of flavor. However, it is not hard stable like dabs. Best I can get so far is wax, which is fine.

I'd rather my girlfriend be smoking all natural. We have no clue what the long term effects of BHO might be. Sure the butane evaporates, but what stuff does it leave behind?

That's awesome shiggs! Once you get everything finished and some more pictures, I can build one here at work. I have the material and technology to do so. I'll even make an isometric drawing and some plans for the DIY abbility. Well the welding part may be difficult for most. So let me know. :thumb: :cco:

I ended up buying a press from best value vacs. It has 5x5 inch plates. I modified it to get more pressure, but still, best results have been at 260f for 8-10 seconds. I am impressed with the yields. Very stoney and lots of flavor. However, it is not hard stable like dabs. Best I can get so far is wax, which is fine.

I'd rather my girlfriend be smoking all natural. We have no clue what the long term effects of BHO might be. Sure the butane evaporates, but what stuff does it leave behind?

In my experiments with hair straighteners the higher the temp the more waxy the product. I suspect some of the yield increase with the higher temps is the plant waxes melting out along with the oil and terps. Have you tried decreasing your 5x5 to 2x2? Would increase pressure a lot.

Back
Top Bottom