Should Contest Voting Be Anonymous or Transparent?

Should Contest Voting Be Anonymous or Transparent?

• Anonymous

Votes: 55 59.8%
  • Transparent

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Send a notification to every single member (with at least 50 posts) via PM on the 15th and 28th of every month to remind them to vote in the contests, with a link (obv).

It can't be considered spam to come from you on your site, and it's just 2x/month.
That's a good idea, and we've tried it before, and still didn't get the best turnouts. What we did get though were a lot of unsubscribes and spam reports, which hurts our mission if we can't reach everyone. So I've been doing this using the alerts instead, which has helped some. I've got all my money on the big thorn in our side being the transparent voting.

Also seriously consider putting a permanent link to your Patreon page somewhere rather than just in the signatures of a few of us. Set the website to auto link the word Patreon as well. :)
I've been so slammed and short staffed lately, having to prioritize a bunch of other things over of this project. Thank you for the reminder, I'll get on the linked words for now and ask staff to add it to their signatures. Please feel free to drop me a PM if you have any more ideas to share on this :thanks:

Oh yeah, it's also linked in the footer as Paid Memberships but we need something in the header.

Thanks Shed , @420 that should be plainly visible in the drop down menu without having to search for it . I looked the other day and couldn't find it 💁‍♂️
We're still working on the payment processing for it. First we built the store here and setup Paypal and they shut us down because of the grow forums. So we had to build a whole new site at 420store.com and just got approved for the Paypal, but now they're complaining about the cannabis leaf on the mugs, shirts, stickers, etc.

Without Paypal, all we have is the ability to print out orders and send checks, which nobody does anymore. So I'm still working on the payment solution and once we have it, I'll link that sucker everywhere I can, trust me :thanks:

Please don't take me out of context wi my honest opinion that was requested in this post. I never said anyone played games.

In All Honesty @420! I have been absent for a few months. I just dropped back in here to Show Case my @Mars Hydro FCE-3000 I won last year from your Great Sponsor. I have a very belated Grow Journal coming for @Mars Hydro way within days.

I didn't want a Political Argument. Peace Out Y'all :peacetwo: :)
Not sure how I offended you, but I'm sorry if I did.

If you can be more specific, I can edit my post for you, as long as I know what I'm trying to rewrite.

:peace:

Just a thought on when there's a draw, couldn't you use the random number generator that sponsors use in competitions to end a stalemate ,that way its not a admin or members breaking the deadlock 🤔
It's a good idea, but then people could say we spun the random number generator until it reached the number we wanted and again claim it was fixed.

First we built the store here and setup Paypal and they shut us down because of the grow forums.
Try Square.

They allow you to sell CBD online (not THC products) so perhaps they’re OK with cannabis leaf motifs?

A Californian company too, Jack Dorsey (Twitter) now there’s a man looks like he enjoys a smoke!

IMG_1325.jpeg

Not sure how I offended you, but I'm sorry if I did.

If you can be more specific, I can edit my post for you, as long as I know what I'm trying to rewrite.

:peace:
Please, You Did Not Offend me In Any way..:peace: I possibly may have brought it as it was political. But really I didn't mean any disrespect by my comments.

You're original post is a Good Subject for just talking about, Just right for more insight??

BTW, If All goes as planned y'all see my next Fastbuds Autos for show in a contest, in a 3 er so months!:cool::peace:

If there's a way to do it without triggering an email you're golden.
Unfortunately the members decide on what triggers email notifications, so it's just not something we can risk.

If we get blacklisted, nobody will receive any email notifications at all.

It's beyond complicated with a site this large, but one day I hope to have the funds and resources to make it work.

Try Square.

They allow you to sell CBD online (not THC products) so perhaps they’re OK with cannabis leaf motifs?

A Californian company too, Jack Dorsey (Twitter) now there’s a man looks like he enjoys a smoke!

IMG_1325.jpeg

CBD flies under DEA radar, THC does not.

Plus that's for a merchant account, and we don't want to go that route due to chargebacks from hell.
I really appreciate your support, let's get into this stuff in another poll or PM :thanks:

Right now we need to make a decision on transparent or anonymous voting and why :hmmmm:

Maybe

You give the voter the option to vote transparent, or click a tab to vote anonymous.

That works alleviate issues from both sides.

The staff still knows who voted.
Thats a good idea, way to get back on topic. You must be straight at the moment you deserve a choof 👏👏👏

Back
Top Bottom