Silverfox’s First Shot At Making Seeds 2020 Journal

Yea dude that back right one is EXPLODING!! You think it's running away cuz its a boy?? Looks promising!!

I sure hope so. time will tell. The weird looking two are growing more like a vine. It’s the weirdest thing I’ve experienced to date growing but it’s fun to watch.

I sure hope so. time will tell. The weird looking two are growing more like a vine. It’s the weirdest thing I’ve experienced to date growing but it’s fun to watch.

Perhaps you accidentally got one of their experimental grape-cannabis hybrids; hints of chardonnay on the palate! Haha

These stems have been pretty cool to see. It’s hard to get a good picture they are a beautiful purple.

DA9727B0-D2CB-47A8-A0D0-1132F2E3DDC6.jpeg

In other news my exotic genetics seeds got here today.

0D7F37D4-5CD1-464B-B427-5A0C2322631F.jpeg

what ever we can! My main goal is to preserve the strains moving forward. So my thought was mainly have one strain in the tent with one or two different varieties to make hybrids with

I have this fear that with legalization seeds will start being government controlled with grow regulations or something. I know it’s not likely but I’d rather just know I have seeds stock to continue to work.

I appreciate all the extra eyes I can get and will definitely love some advice on selecting a male.

I’m a researcher as a profession so obviously I’ve done some reading to put it lightly but experience is king.

thank you for joining. It’s greatly appreciated

I would be interested personally in what / where you have been reading for the seed making? I want to give breeding a shot in my spare time. We got a crap load of IHG strains recently all reg seeds for testing (light testing). Also grabbed up an ethos banger pack.

I figured I could use the males for breeding experiments with clones from the females.

I like dj Shorts book. I have breeder interviews from old high times. I have a really old cannabis growing book from Ed rosenthal

my favorite though is a podcast “the pot cast” it’s not for everyone they can be 2-4 hr long interviews but I alwayspick up something new

gotta get me a job thinkin up names for cannabis strains,, ha

peanut butter and chocolate,, too funny

@Weaselcracker gifted me some 'chocolope', and i almost talked myself into thinkin i could smell a bit o chocolate. silly me

this tho,, i have a plant i call a 'mack',, it is a 'mama thai/thai stick' cross

first two and last two letters make it a 'mack'

well,, in my flower tent in the house i have a 'mack' growing

and i also have a 'cheese' plant in there right next to it

bet you see where i am goin with this,,haha

i have mack and cheese in my tent

haha,,

good sunday to y'all friends,, cheers

kind of a no brainer i guess,, took a minute or two to sink in,,

this happens to be a 'mack' (mama thai/thai stick)

P1170667 (2).JPG P1170656.JPG

and the cheese is female and recently went in the flower tent,, :hmmmm:

:eek:

:high-five:guess what's for dinner??

:snowboating:

Thanks Chris!! Got the email and got them on the way!! Now just to find time to get them in lol. I need more tents!

They are regs , so a good start to build up yer pollen banks and do some pheno hunting

Took a couple clones off the big guy today. Hoping I can get some next week off the smaller one. Just put the small mku clone in the tent. It may come out until it gets a little stronger depending on how she reacts to the light.

my berry breeders mix are just along for the ride:laughtwo:

E627DD18-A2F9-469F-9D8F-70772A87DA95.jpeg

Good morning fellow enthusiasts

As the title suggests I’m going to try my hand at breeding.

I plan on using most of 2020 to just make seeds of different varieties. I will have to take the tent down just for a bit around April or May to get some work done to our basement.

i have the following seeds and am open to all suggestions as far as combinations.

Seeds i currently have:
First light - DJ short
Flo - DJ short
Berry breeders mix - DJ short
gorilla glue #4 - 420
Mk ultra - 420
Blue dream - 420
Candy kush - Nirvana
The cheese - msnl
Skunk #1 - msnl
Buddha- msnl

i also have a feminized bd x mk ultra I made about a year ago but would prefer to leave that line alone.

this first run I just wanted to see experiment and see what happens before I throw too many seeds in at once

I’d love opinions on how many seeds I soups pop per run. Ideally I’d love 100 lol but being limited to the 4x4 I’m thinking 10 would be pushing it.

I plan to just run one or two types at a time.

the first run I have 4 first light 2 of the berry breading pack seeds. And if all goes as expected I’ll have a clone each from gg#4 and from mku. To put in the breeding tent.

High @Silverfox125 , I am definitely interested in your project here!

As for the possible crosses, I think these would be bool to play around with:

GGTerps.png

KKTerps.png

MKUTerps.png
I'm thinking the GG4 x KK, the GG4 x MKU and the KK x MKU would all have a really balanced terpene profile. We're big citrus and herbal fans, and I definitely like the Tangies & Diesels too!
Good luck!

I dunno nothing about pollen chucking, but if I did, I'd have learned it all at beez0404's seed-making thread. I compiled a post where I link to his teachings on the subject, hidden amongst all the other ramblings in that thread.

It's here!

Thanks for the reference @InTheShed, I'll read it this this weekend.

Hey @beez0404 - I haven't met you yet, but I'll pop in and say howdy after I do some plant surgery today. I'm trying to save a "Hippie Crippler" seedling today.

Back
Top Bottom