Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg

Yeah, I was looking into led as well for my tent.. but price quickly changed my mind.
And I can actually use the heat from the bulbs.. otherwise I have to run a heater.
Maybe in due time.
You sure have some nice space there :D
I'll be following this.

I'm waiting for the light to go on and see what they did today. I got a look last night, and this morning before the light went out.. djeez I was like ladies, weren't you an inch shorter last night.

Good Morning all,
Today is day 11 in flower For my 2 under SCROG and my 1 stand alone plants.
Today is feeding/H2o day. I will be watering 3 quarts per 7 gal. pot and 5 pints for the one 5 gal. pot following the FF feeding schedule.
I will also be feeding the Veg tent as well though they will be getting 1/4 strength nutrients at this phase of their lives.
1st look inside the flower tent showed me signs of new growth and stretching up which is promising.
Temps and RH% were within normal ranges for both tents over night.
Checked both tents for any sign of mites, and joyfully I can not see any signs.
Not much new and exciting developements to report, though I will confess I did pull a Major SCREW UP yesterday which could of killed all of my clones in my cloner. I had planned on Transplanting a few of them into soil, since their root systems appeared to be more then sufficiently developed enough to move them into soil. Well long story short (sorry no story is short when I tell it) I turned off the cloner then got sidetracked for over 3 hours before I realized my screw up. The poor girls were in such sad looking shape I honestly believed I had "Murdered" them.Not only were the leaves completely droopy, the stems were even drooped over. Terrifying sight to say the very least. Well great news, looked in on them even before I checked my flower tent this morning, and low and behold, up and still going though I will say, they did take one hell of a beating and they look it, but I do believe they will survive. Granted I should have taken pictures of them before I turned the cloner back on, but to be completely honest I really thought they were goners and I was so embarrassed for doing something so stupid. So onto the real reason everyone is here, the pics!

These little gifts from my other girls are actually from yesterday, though they do give me gifts daily!
IMG_057029.jpg

Plants just chilling and waiting for their turn in the lime-lite.
IMG_058338.jpg

Pissed at me, but still alive and moving 3 into soil this morning.
IMG_058433.jpg

A little supplemental light, not really sure if I need it but heck I have it, burn it.
IMG_057931.jpg

SCROG is doing ok considering it is my 1st attempt at SCROGing
IMG_057329.jpg
IMG_057126.jpg
IMG_057545.jpg
IMG_057435.jpg

Seeing more signs of budding which only makes me happy,

Hope you all have a great day.

I saw in another thread you were curious about DocBuds bud washing technique. I have adopted the technique ever since I had a gnat problem and started spraying neem. I will be washing 15 of my little 2 liter plants in the next couple of weeks. I'll take pics and document the process as much as I can to put your mind at rest about it. I was worried at first but everyone loves it now

I saw in another thread you were curious about DocBuds bud washing technique. I have adopted the technique ever since I had a gnat problem and started spraying neem. I will be washing 15 of my little 2 liter plants in the next couple of weeks. I'll take pics and document the process as much as I can to put your mind at rest about it. I was worried at first but everyone loves it now
Cool cool, I have my summer crop that is unwashed, by the time This grow comes in hopefully I will be back to work and will have my pre-employment drug test out of the way and I can do a comparison test of unwashed versed washed since I think I will be washing my buds from now on.

Since Reading Fanleafs Journal and riflemans and everyone else for that matter I suppose I should fill in all the blanks.
Thanks guys for making me stop being such a slacker!!!
Please do not expect this to become habit forming.
Next feeding I will do the Fanleaf technique and get reading both in and out. Dam you Fanleaf, your way to thorough for a 1st time grower.

Ph for feeding today was 6.2
PPM were 740 to 770 depending on which plant got fed 1st
They were a little thirstier then normal. The 7 gal pots drank 1 gal. each the 5 gal pots were at 3/4 gal each

When transplanting clones don't bother turning off the cloner. I had a similar event to yours and now I prevent that happening by either just leaving it on, or if I want to check the roots and unplug I keep a bag of rubber bands by the cloner. When I unplug the cloner I wrap a runner band around two fingers on my left hand as a reminder. It still let's me use the hand but is annoying enough that I don't forget to plug it back in at which time the rubber band goes back in the bag. I have never forgotten after that! This round I am going to add one of those ultrasonic foggers which you can leave on even when checking for roots! I think it is going to make things easier. I have the 60 clone version of the one you have.

But anyways I think I will go ahead and pull up a chair. If I am going to spectate I might as well be comfortable. Subbed!

Hey ShiggityFlip, funny you should mention the fogger for cloning, I just ordered a ultra sonic fogger last night to make a DIY cloner to play with and see how it compares. I have had good success with coco plugs in a dome (from cuttings off inside plants) and putting cuttings directly into seedling soil from cuttings on my outside girls but wanted to try something different.

Great idea ShiggityFlip,
Lately I blame all memory issues to being old. My only fear would be ah hour after I turned off the clones I would be sitting there saying to my self, " For fuck sake, I see I have the rubber bands on my fingers to remind me not to forget something, now what the hell was it I was not suppose to forget?" That cloner was actually the very 1st investment I did after my neighbor gave me a light, tent, fans and a few other goodies to get me started. Nothing like putting the cart before the horse. Right after that I started researching, not just cloners but everything I could find. At some point I will do like the Celt and build my own, that way I can give this one to someone to help them out.
But before I do that, I want to build a bubble bucket and give hydro a go for at least 1 plant just because it looks like it would be so much fun. Best part about growing for me compared to the hobbies I have had in the past is this is the 1st time I actually do not mind failure and when it does happen it actually makes me kinda happy I did and I move on. Weird but for me it has become kinda Zen like.

Anyway, once the lights flip on, I will get some pics and post. I will be gone for 3 days camping with "She who must be obeyed" (in the rain) so time to break out the books and do more research and educate myself more.

Oh and Celt, that idiot quote in my opinion has to be one of the greatest quotes ever, though speaking from experience never, and I do mean NEVER use that quote when you get into an argument with your "She who must be obeyed". Christ she was pissed at me for almost a week. Apparently women do not have a sense of humor :high-five:

Oh and Celt, that idiot quote in my opinion has to be one of the greatest quotes ever, though speaking from experience never, and I do mean NEVER use that quote when you get into an argument with your "She who must be obeyed". Christ she was pissed at me for almost a week. Apparently women do not have a sense of humor :high-five:

At your age I would have thought you would have learned long ago to "not poke the bear" LOL

At your age I would have thought you would have learned long ago to "not poke the bear" LOL

Obviously you do not know me very well ;)
I love to get the wife all riled up, she is much like Maureen O'Hara in the old John Wayne movie "The Quiet Man". She is so hot when she gets worked up about something, but when she cools down she is so darn passionate... lol

Howdy everybody,
Before I get started with todays post I want to apologize ahead of time about the fact it was rushed. "She who must be obeyed" was not suppose to be home from work today till 2 and she walking in the door at 11 so with little ado here we go.

I did a little house cleaning in the veg tent this morning, transplanted a few plants that were ready to be planted then tossed the rest in the garbage. They would have been ok to plant in a week or so, but at this juncture in time, what I have is plenty to play with. No more forgetting to turn the cloner back on, least not for a while anyway.

1st peak into the flowering tent and I was pleasantly surprised, The SCROG is coming along nicely and the nodes are packing in nice and tight, ok so not that surprised but thought that may sound better then just saying yep right on track with what I was hoping for.

The Mango is doing ok considering she is standing all alone. She almost appears lonely cut off from her girl friends. Originally the Mango was under the SCROG where the Power Wreck is, but at that time the PW had more length on her branches and looked like a better candidate to go under the SCROG. After seeing the Mango stretch out her long legs I may have made a mistake. Oh well live and learn.

The lights in the Veg tent are basic 4 foot 8 lamp t-5 ho's with all blue spectrum in them. I have been contemplating switch 2 out to the red just so they get more variety. 18/6 schedule.
What do you guys and gals think? Would it be of any benefit?

Lights in Flower tent are 12/12 With 2 LEDs, 1 L*&^G%$W P&0 325 (which pulls 325 watts from the wall) on the SCROG bumped up to 22" above the canopy and 1- xjy 375 watt LED above the lonely Mango I also tossed in a 4 foot 8 lamp t-5 using 6 red spectrum lamps and 2 blue spectrum lamps.

So here you go Pic time
These looked ready to toss into soil
IMG_059235.jpg
IMG_0589_1_1.jpg

These girls legs are getting a little cramped, time to get a bigger skirt
IMG_058733.jpg
IMG_058631.jpg
IMG_058532.jpg

Good-bye cloner time to make some room
IMG_059433.jpg
IMG_059531.jpg

I could probably get away with a few more days of tucking but I think this is full enough.
IMG_060230.jpg
IMG_059633.jpg

Oh my leggy little lonely Mango, you have to stop stretching, your gonna kill me!
IMG_060132.jpg
IMG_060038.jpg
IMG_059830.jpg

I will be gone for 3 days camping with "she who must be obeyed" so I will not have any posts till I get back. I will be doing my final Lollipop-ping when I get back, a few days later then planned but I believe it will be fine.
My son has offered to check in on them and give them a drink on Sunday.

Till then, be safe, have fun and enjoy life, unfortunately no one gets out of this game alive so live it while you can, and be sure to tell the ones you care about how much you do every day.

Obviously you do not know me very well ;)
I love to get the wife all riled up, she is much like Maureen O'Hara in the old John Wayne movie "The Quiet Man". She is so hot when she gets worked up about something, but when she cools down she is so darn passionate... lol

Ahh, so there's a method to your madness LOL

I torment mine as well LOL she is always calling me a "dirty old man", I keep telling her I ain't old LOL

Lookin' great, older!
I finally made over to your yard. I'm old and slow. That's my excuse. I'll go find a corner to sit in now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Howdy everyone,
Back from camping, "She who must be obeyed" was cool and did not make me help un-pack all the gear so I was able to jump right in.
The boy went out on a pub crawl and got wasted, so he did not make it back to the house till after I was already home, so I took care of the girls watering. Good thing we got home as early as we did too, the ladies were extremely thirsty.
So I finished up the lollipop on the 2 plants under the scrog, or at least as complete as I had the patients to do it. I had originally planned on taking only the bud sights from the Power Wreck plant and leaving the fan leafs on but it became quiet clear that with the fan leaves on it was very difficult to locate all the bud sites to pinch them all off. I posted before and afters of both plants. I am sure I did not do that good of a job but to be honest lollipoping is new to me and back when I grew in the long, long ago past in Montana and Colorado we did not care about quality, only quantity. (yeah I know a little shallow minded huh) Like I have said before, while I did grow back then I really did not know that much, information was hard to come by.
Min and Max temps and RH% all looked within executable levels.
Keep in mind I should have waited an hour or so before taking the pics, to allow the girls to get their best looks on, but I was in a rush so they still look a little droopy.
Lemon Sour Diesel before I finished with the Lollipop
IMG_060928.jpg

Once I was done
IMG_061032.jpg

Power Wreck before,
IMG_061225.jpg

Power Wreck after,
IMG_061330.jpg

I have to admit I like the look of the well trimmed look under the ladies skirts, over the bushy overgrown look.
IMG_061429.jpg

Seeing all those bud sights coming off really goes against my upbringing, but while I old I am willing to learn from the youth and more experienced.
IMG_061630.jpg

SCROG canopy is not completely full but full enough to stop tucking and start enjoying the show
IMG_062728.jpg
IMG_062528.jpg
IMG_062629.jpg

I can not forget Miss Mango, all alone by herself. Will be leaving her old school no Lollipop just all bush.
IMG_061926.jpg
IMG_062230.jpg
IMG_061726.jpg
IMG_061827.jpg

Nothing new going on in the veg tent, though nice to not have to deal with the cloner for a while
IMG_060829.jpg

IMG_060728.jpg

I did notice that I am getting some leaf curl under up on the tops, was not sure if it was because they were so Thirsty or if it is the 1st sign of trouble on the horizon. I will be keeping a close eye on it and if it does not auto correct I will be hitting the books hard tonight.

Peace all, hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday weekend.

Dude!! Nice set up, almost looks too clean (lab grade) Here to follow along.

LOL there is a reason why I do not take photos from further back. This room is my man cave/grow room/cloth storage/ catch all.
It is 80 pounds of crap stuffed into a 10 pound bag.
Though I will say since I got the tents up and running, I tend to clean more then I ever did before. Need to get the shop vac out to clean up the dead ladybugs scattered around on the floor in the flowering tent. Apparently they starved to death which is good news.

Back
Top Bottom