Small 1st Grow Already In Progress Using LEDs To Flower & T-5s For Veg

Is that little fly trap plants in there with them?? I wonder if they would eat up the gnats ?
Yes it is, and not sure if it would or not. I have 12 chickens right out my back door that I let run loose in the back yard so they can have a little more space to stretch their legs. That being said, they draw flies and no matter how hard I try to keep them out, they always seem to get inside. Enough to drive a guy crazy sometimes. Thank God it is only in the fall when it gets bad.

Yes it is, and not sure if it would or not. I have 12 chickens right out my back door that I let run loose in the back yard so they can have a little more space to stretch their legs. That being said, they draw flies and no matter how hard I try to keep them out, they always seem to get inside. Enough to drive a guy crazy sometimes. Thank God it is only in the fall when it gets bad.

I have the perfect solution to your problem: fried chicken. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good morning everyone,
I am on day 15 of flower now, got my lollipop out of the way, though will be checking every other day or so to do maintenance of any bud development on the lower side. Was 1/2 tempted to tuck a few branches under the SCROG this morning but decided against it.
Bud development looks ok and while most of the leaves have all stood back up to full attention I do have about 6 or 8 that are still curled down some. Not sure if it is because I pushed the watering out to far or if it is something I need to pay closer attention to. Yesterday the majority of the leaves including the uppers were all curled, today only a few. Color looks ok, and no signs of those nasty lil bastards aka Spider Mites.
Checked out the Veg tent and seeing the girls are recovering nicely from when I did the defoliating on them. My little Betty has really bounced back better then I was expecting.
IMG_063625.jpg
IMG_063724.jpg

IMG_064030.jpg
IMG_063828.jpg

So tempting to keep tucking but no need to be greedy
IMG_062528.jpg
IMG_062629.jpg

IMG_063330.jpg

Lets not forget poor lonely Miss Mango
IMG_062334.jpg

IMG_063437.jpg
IMG_063137.jpg
IMG_063027.jpg

The grow room will be receiving a visitor on Thursday so I need to get the place cleaned up and representable. My sister is flying in from Billings Montana to visit with me, my brother and one other sister. Looks like I will be breaking out some of my outside harvest for her to enjoy. Only wish she had driven out so I could have sent her home with a little stash.

Have a great day everyone and grow safe.

Hey oldergrower - I noticed you mentioned the leaf curl a few posts up. I'm brand new to your journal, so take this for whatever it might be worth, but am I the only one that thinks they look like they could be slightly over-watered? Over-watered and under-watered look a lot alike. I should go back and read your entire journal before giving my $0.02, but it just hit me as I scanned down the pictures.

Hey oldergrower - I noticed you mentioned the leaf curl a few posts up. I'm brand new to your journal, so take this for whatever it might be worth, but am I the only one that thinks they look like they could be slightly over-watered? Over-watered and under-watered look a lot alike. I should go back and read your entire journal before giving my $0.02, but it just hit me as I scanned down the pictures.
3 months ago I would have said maybe your onto something but I let my girls go until I see them droop before I water, every time. I know this probably stresses them some but I am really paranoid about over watering them. When I go home Sunday instead of just the lower 1/2 of the plant completely drooping the whole plant looked like it was melting. I need to figure a better way to keep track of my pics also as I post them.. being old this is all new and confusing for me.

I'm the same way. No water until I can hear them ask for it.

I believe I figured out what I did wrong, I looked back at my pics from today and I too see leaf curl. I think what I did was, i posted the pictures of the SCOG that I took yesterday, today. Today everything but 6 maybe 8 leaves are all back up and at attention. My vision on small stuff really sucks and when I go to post the pictures from today I can only see 6 at a time and they are so small. I need to work on a better way to keep the new pictures separated somehow from the older ones to make it easier to distinguish which ones are from today.

Growing old sucks and is not good for the weak.

Good morning everyone,
Thought I would throw a few different pictures in the loop today to keep it less boring. How i vented outside in a room with no windows and only a sliding glass door. How I manage putting 80 pounds of crap into a 10 pound space. And one way I help with odor control coming out of my vent system. I am also adding a few pictures of a few leaves I found in the SCROG which I thought were interesting and thought perhaps someone can decipher my thoughts on them.
Today is day 16 of flower and pretty much everything is going along much as I was hoping for. I have no great expectations of growing any monster sized colas or record breaking crop being I have a limited light source and need to fully get a full grasp on feeding nutrients to their fullest. What I am shooting for is a successfully grow from start to finish, with minimal mishaps and an opportunity to learn something along the way. One thing I have gotten out of this grow that I did not expect was new friends. I have had the opportunity to get to know a few from this board and believe I am truly lucky to have the chance to get to know them better and to meet more like minded people.
Enough babbling, time for a few pictures.
Gee this looks familiar, beginning to wonder if this thing really works.. it changes so little
IMG_064737.jpg

need to spend more time working with the girls in the line-up. They will be next up and I would hate for them to be not ready to preform to their fullest potential (well the fullest that I can get them to anyway)
IMG_064934.jpg
IMG_064833.jpg

Sure wish "she who must be obeyed" would let me spurge on another couple of lights, but oh well. The flower tent is coming along ok without them for now, though I am sure more lights would improve them considerably. Perhaps I should use the advice I gave Major Pita and grow a pair... Hmm then again no, better to wait till I get back to work.
IMG_065733.jpg
IMG_065637.jpg
IMG_065129.jpg
IMG_065028.jpg

I am sure miss "Mango" my poor stand alone girl would like some more light
IMG_065332.jpg
IMG_065440.jpg

So here are a few leaf pictures of a couple of oddballs I found while singing to the girls this morning. Ok so I actually did not sing to them but I did do a gentle back massage.
IMG_065831.jpg
IMG_066040.jpg

As you will see my quarters are packed in pretty tight, the whole room basically has between 12 inch to 24 inch walkways through the whole room.
IMG_066134.jpg
IMG_066239.jpg

This room has no windows and only a sliding glass door. Was originally going to buy a doggy door to vent out the tents but all The ones I could find that fit in sliding glass doors were all glass above the door so this was my solution to the issue.
IMG_066341.jpg
IMG_066432.jpg

And to help out with the smell coming out of the vents, well that solution was already right outside my back door.
IMG_066535.jpg

I have a sister flying in from Montana to visit today, and am excited to be able to show her my grow. She is a Med user and I plan on medicating the hell out of her while she is in town..lol I am sure she will be feeling just dandy since my brother who she will be staying with grows as well.

Thanks again for stopping by to check out my little grow and may you all have a great day.

Peace!

Lol good smell control! For some more light why don't you throw some cfls in there to help. They are cheap and efficient until you can splurge on the big dogs. I actually put three new cfls in my kitchen overhead light and was amazed how bright they were. Never realized it
I am sure that before I am done with this grow you will most likely see a few of those tossed in to the mix. But what I really need to do is run a few more circuits out to my room so that when I do upgrade I am ready for it. My biggest problem with that is getting to the panel to do the work. Between all the surf boards and the little woman car, that room is packed like a can of sardines. Ok that and me being such a procrastinator. I can get the wiring done in a day but it will take me at least that long to clear a path to work in the garage and dig out all the gear I will need to do it.

Sounds like time for spring cleaning, in the fall! It would be great to just plug and play once you have your shiny new toys and not have to go runningnew circuits before they could be used
I already have the wire and all the parts. and once I order the new lights will throw in a couple of new circuits. That is one nice thing about being an electrician. I already have the experience doing it, so actually doing it takes no time at all. That and the fact that I have such an easy route to get from this room to my panel, it will take no time at all to get it all in and up to code. Now growing on the other hand, I am constantly second guessing myself.

I'll return your friendly advice: It is easier the get forgiveness than it is permission.

I'll return your friendly advice: It is easier the get forgiveness than it is permission.
That is exactly how I got the new grow light in my flower tent, bought it and kept my mouth shut. Just made sure the money to cover the purchase came from one of my vacation accounts. Though she did mention a few days ago, "I do not remember seeing that light before!" Which I quickly responded with, "Oh that, I have had that for a while now. Say whats for dinner?"

I think she may be onto me:jawdropper:

That is exactly how I got the new grow light in my flower tent, bought it and kept my mouth shut. Just made sure the money to cover the purchase came from one of my vacation accounts. Though she did mention a few days ago, "I do not remember seeing that light before!" Which I quickly responded with, "Oh that, I have had that for a while now. Say whats for dinner?"

I think she may be onto me:jawdropper:

I have done this with many hobbies, once you get up to a certain number of something then my girl never notices. "oh that knife? Got that a long time ago."

Evil Plan: Get two of exact same LED light, put into two different tents. Have them on opposite 12/12 schedule so only one can be seen at one time, therefore only one exists. "Shrodinger's light"

I have done this with many hobbies, once you get up to a certain number of something then my girl never notices. "oh that knife? Got that a long time ago."

Evil Plan: Get two of exact same LED light, put into two different tents. Have them on opposite 12/12 schedule so only one can be seen at one time, therefore only one exists. "Shrodinger's light"
Great minds think alike I see. I am actually stealing this idea from "she who must be obeyed". I will see something new and say something like "where did that come from?" Which she ALWAYS replies, "Oh I have had that for months"

Lol that's a good trick. I got lucky kind of that the only real limitation with the ole lady is that the room gets no larger(which might change will find out 730 tonight if the ballot passed) aside from that we agreed that it was my room and within those four walls I can do as I please as long as it's safe and not too noisy, my inline fan is pushing the noise limit.... Of the ballot passed tonight I have to talk her into letting me double the size of the room... That's going to take careful wording and just the right amount of.... Jewerly haha no she doesn't like jewelry but just the right amount of ass kissing will be required

Back
Top Bottom