Smokeyjoe's First Grow

Smokeyjoe

This will be my first attempt at a journal and my first attempt at growing in about 15 years.
I am starting with a 3x3 Hydrohut Silver Edition, Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, FF Grow Big, 3" coco cups, 6 3.85g Square pots,vented hood 6" Active Air Inline fan.

I have been running the light and venting for the last few hours and have been recording temps right around 70 with about 39% Humidity using passive vents and a box fan in place of a soon to come booster.

Got the pics working!

rsz_1random_set_up.jpg

rsz_set_up1.jpg

rsz_set_up2.jpg

Got the pics figured out!
I have been experimenting with different numbers of passive vents, intake speeds etc and now have it to 79/44%Rh so I have "HIGH" hopes!
I can already tell I am going to end up hitting the local Co-op for a clone or 2 before my beans arrive lol!

Thanks L8night appreciate the compliment!
My next pressing issue is boxing up the inline fan.
I have read numerous threads about the issue and have come down to 2 options really.
1. Use an "IGLOO" cooler(which I have) as a makeshift sound dampener which seems like it would work pretty well with minimal effort. (cut holes and seal up air tight).Maybe if enough room inside, add egg crate foam around the edges to up the dampening quality.

2.Build a similar designed box using MDF, and some sound dampening material, maybe carpet pad and egg crate foam, rigid insulation or something to that effect.
I have seen a couple other people using a box for their fans and am wondering what the general consensus is on this subject.

Smokeyjoe i know rap and growing dont really have anything in common but i have some rapping buddies that use closets as homade studios and something that i have seen that really works is the egg crate foam real good for sound dampening. I'm also intersted in using the a box to cover the fan, ive seen vids on youtube with them but wouldnt know how to make it work

My hut is showing up on Tuesday, how do the intake vents work? are the self closing? and I understand there are built-in flanges for the exhaust? Thanks

The sleeves close light tight, no flanges needed.
The sleeves just cinch around your ducting like in the picture.
There are passive vents you can open by hand to allow air inside also but during flower you would need a fan to intake to assure total darkness.

I just spent a couple hours rigging up an Igloo "box" to house my inline fan but am rather disappointed with the results. The same could probably be attained placing it in the tent itself at this point.

Did it quite it down at all?

All 5 have broken through the soil since this morning and are showing their first set of true leaves!
The other picture is an Indica I picked up from a friend for free. He said it could have been Super Chronic or Citrus Nebula but he wasn't sure. I transplanted that one tonight and it is holding up so far.
new_babies_010.JPG

new_babies_012.JPG

Had tap roots poking through on 3/5 today so I moved them gently to 3 inch cocotek pots filled with FF Ocean Forest.
The upgrade was slight but I wanted some more root development before they go into the 1.4L pots and finally the 4 gallon to finish.
I was afraid if I went from peat pellet to the 1.4L it would be too large a size and I would get root bound.
This is my first time growing in years so any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

All the seedlings have sprouted there second set of leaves and look healthy.
I plan to transplant them next week sometime to 1.5Q pots.
I checked yesterday and they still have room to grow in the little pots they have.
I will pick up a carbon filter and redo my venting set up today and post more pics as soon as I transplant.

Nice, cant wait to see the babies grow!

I hooked up the new scrubber and everything seems to be running well. Pic is sideways sorry.
new_ones_010.JPG

I am quickly realizing the need for my veg room and have begun putting together an area in a closet that has roughly 2x2x6 feet of space.
I have purchased a 2ft t5 to go above clones in a humidity dome and a 125w CFL for the lower level to keep Mom alive and raise teenagers.
Veg_002.JPG

I am concerned whether 125w is enough for Mom and the teenagers. Should I get more than 1? Throw it in a hood?
The most important thing here is that I do it correctly without blowing money I don't need to and to keep temps down without venting. Any suggestions?

Ok, after further research I was told the clone I was given was Blue Satellite which I am very happy to hear!
I have been LST her for about a week now and she is starting to look very pretty I think.
new_ones_007.JPG

Last but not least the features of the grow the Super Lemon Haze, going on 10 days old 3rd set of true leaves.
new_ones_008.JPG

new_ones_009.JPG

Well that's it for now, I still haven't transplanted they are doing fine in the small pots still it seems.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and comments on pending veg area are welcomed!:cheer::grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom