SmokzAlot - K.I.S.S. My CoCo and OC+

What a great weekend for weather in my neck of the woods. Got me thinking about my spring garden starts.

Updates from the grow room:

Wasn't pleased with the dolomite applications so I have begun a ritual of using CalMag Plus and straight RO water. CalMag @ 10ml per gal. Did some defoliating of damaged leaves and some low growth on various subjects. I like to keep it easy to water and open for air circulation. Not quite a lollipop.

Things were looking real good till about the second week of flower and the deficiencies started showing up. I am convinced it is the coco and not OC+. For my first time in coco things are doing ok by me and I will finish this run, mother hasn't stopped budding yet.

Planted the two rooted sativa clones today, and took 3 more indica cuttings. I am hoping mother will finish in another 2-3 weeks at most. She is moving along quickly, as I am used to growing mostly sativa phenos.

Been shopping for my next journal, of what beans to use. Now that I am in full swing I am ready to start growing some med quality genetics. Looks like the first to go will be Nirvana - Northern Lights or White Rhino. Also looking at the likes of Aurora Indica, MasterKush, and AK48.

MissBud you out there?
Do you have any preferences for your Osteo? Any comments or opinions?
Sativas have worked well for daytime activities but now looking for a better sleep. So currently Indica pheno hunting is on....

Hey there Smokz!!:Namaste::goodjob::circle-of-love::high-five:

Things are looking sup-herb!:bravo::cheer:

As far as a recommendation goes...It really depends if you'd like to stay awake lol!!

I've been sampling quite an amount of different strains recently and it seems all the kush's are very good for sleep lol (OG kush, Purple kush, Bubba Kush). However my preference is something along the lines of 80/20 indica, with a higher CBD content (anything over .7) for pain relief.

Also remember that flowering as long as you can will give you a couch lock stoned where as harvesting sooner will provide the energetic, clear buzz :Namaste:

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!!

p.s everything always looks so swell over here =):circle-of-love:

MissBud - Thanks for bringing your personal ray of sunshine with you. It appears we think along the same lines then. Just wanted to check with someone that could relate directly to the issue at hand. I do watch the trichs like a Daddy should. I don't let my girls go out of the house improperly attired. Although I will admit I have not always had the luxury of choice. This site has expanded my knowledge beyond what weed I grew up with. I wish to have a few select strains on hand to meet my individual needs in the end. It's all about my needs as I don't grow for profit or show. Of course who isn't proud of their babies? There is a certain satisfaction in doing things yourself.

Sativas make great morning eye openers if you havent tried them for that. A hot cup of joe, a smoke, and I am "right as rain".

Lots of changes over the years. I started out years ago as a young man having fun, growing any weed I could get my hands on for free. Now I grow for my personal needs and I enjoy it a lot more. So many choices.....

I couldn't agree more with us having the same train of thought!:circle-of-love::Namaste:

I'm not surprised you were already aware of the trichs you connoisseur you :circle-of-love:

There is nothing greater than having amazing company with you on a journey to the finish line. Honestly don't think I would be where I am today without any of y'all :love::love::circle-of-love:

The only problem I have with sativas is height restriction =(...The are amazing though, I love the energetic cleaning buzz lol!!

Pretty crazy I only have 3 ft of vertical space lol but I am more than considering it for when I get a tent =)

MissBud - I have grown them as short as 14". Some topping or LST helps wonders. Cloning and flowering as soon as they stabilize, you would be amazed what you can do. Start with small clones. Somewhere back in my journal there is a pic of my little sativa twins. I recently harvested them at about 14-16" with each having 4 colas. Have to tie them up as they won't stand on their own. I suppose one could bonsai it. Give a shot some time...

:circle-of-love:

Yesterday I reconstituted a large 5k brick of CocoTek Coir. Took me about 20-30 minutes maybe. Covered it and left it sit all night. Looks wonderful so far, great fine texture and no dirty or muddy feel to it. Just clean coco. Has the same feel and consistency as the Canna I was using. Appears to contain more dust than the Canna but all in all the near same. In use from this point forward till exhausted or disgusted...lol

Very pleased with the Canna brand and would buy again, but I am willing to test a few others.

Updates from myGrowRoom

Clones are kicking butt and loving the GLR.
IMG_073812.JPG

Decided to do some defoliation today on the Sativa twins. Cleaning them up and getting rid of the damage ridden fan leaves. Remove some low growth as well.

Before
IMG_073410.JPG

After
IMG_073514.JPG

Here is a before and after side by side
IMG_073312.JPG

MissBud these are for you, sativas under 36" easy.
IMG_073710.JPG

IMG_07365.JPG

MissBud - In the pic it's hard to see, but the front plant was @ 21" from the soil, the ones in the rear are 23". The front one is in perlite and an 8" pot. The rear is in coco and 2.5 gal. Not bad for not trying to grow short. Just topped at the right time and flowered asap. It's all about the veg.

:circle-of-love:

Haven't seen the grow room yet today, but all was grand when I tucked the girls in for the night. The onset of warmer temperatures is upon us as well as humidity levels. So I invested in a 5000btu window A/C unit. More than adequate for my hobby space. Just need to figure where to put it. The install will be added in myGrowRoom thread. I will keep it current so one can look at the state of room as it changes as well. See no need to muddy this thread with such, but do want it available for those that are curious or want more details.

Humidity levels have hit 60% and I don't like it. Most of this is due to an exceptionally wet season. Not to concerned yet as my ventilation is quite adequate at this point. Running an open hood on the light helps keep humidity's effects at bay better than a closed and vented system. There is no doubt I want to have the situation in hand before it becomes an issue. I can see a controller in my future if I make it any more complicated. But it's all cool I have the flex in my design to add what is needed. Such as plenty of electrical capacity and access to it.

Took some quick flower room photos, pardon the hps...

Sativa Candies @ large
39210.JPG

39111.JPG

39012.JPG

Group please rise..... hey you in the front... sit down....
P10003971.JPG

Front left is Indica mother and right front is Sativa Mother about to give it all up for Daddy. If you haven't put it together I am in a perpetual cloning routine.

MissBud - Momma a big girl, she is over 48", but you notice her girls are kept in line. I just enjoy growing them out once in a while. I think we all like the BIG ones. Her size in this case was controlled by my pot selection. No topping here. Lots of defoliation and consumption of the little stuff along the way... tasty little treats. When I grow short in a small pot I am mindful of roots being bound. I address this by re-potting at opportune times. Maximizing each container. Most important is the final before flower, a little root trim if needed and let the girl go. This is of course assuming we have a healthy girl on our hands. Alive and vigorous.

I am letting the tower on the right mature hoping for a heavy hitter. Excuse the Louisville slugger reference.... it just fits

Thought I would point out as well that I intentionally grew the Indica mother without topping. I wanted to see her in a natural grow for reference. All future clones will receive the usual cuts and adolescent trimmings. I expect that it will produce very well in the topped clones now flowering.

BIG BUDS BABY... nasty dank heaving resin coated nugs
:cheer:
I hope for the best.

All things point to them liking the Cal Mag Plus @ 10ml per gal.

I do believe I am starting to FEEL these plants... :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom