Sour OG Clones Indoor Soil, 2017

Love that little container, what a great idea

Just something I had laying around. I remember when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, we did a self-contained system with Pea plants (say Darwin). Only difference was we used seeds and dirt instead of clones.

I've been putting off buying a loupe for checking Trichomes, today I tested my Macro Lens. I just don't think I'm gonna be able to use it. I will try a couple more lighting scenarios but I don't think it's gonna work out. Guess I'm gonna buy a loupe...

Not_so_Trichomes.jpg

I've been putting off buying a loupe for checking Trichomes, today I tested my Macro Lens. I just don't think I'm gonna be able to use it. I will try a couple more lighting scenarios but I don't think it's gonna work out. Guess I'm gonna buy a loupe...

Not_so_Trichomes.jpg

That didn't look too bad, but would be hard to see the difference between clear and cloudy at that magnification. But in a pinch it would work. :high-five:

That didn't look too bad, but would be hard to see the difference between clear and cloudy at that magnification. But in a pinch it would work. :high-five:

I turned off the lights and just used flash, I got better color results, but the image is just to far way for getting super fine focus. Unfortunately I've confirmed my initial results. However, further study and color correction does provide evidence of orange hair and possibly purple as well. Gotta say, "I'M PRETTY FUCKIN EXCITED FOR WEEK 6-8." Week 4 officially starts tomorrow at 8:30 am PST.

3 different tops from Dolly and Mary.

Orange_and_Purple.jpg

More_Trichomes.jpg

Trichomes_just_flash.jpg

I turned off the lights and just used flash, I got better color results, but the image is just to far way for getting super fine focus. Unfortunately I've confirmed my initial results. However, further study and color correction does provide evidence of orange hair and possibly purple as well. Gotta say, "I'M PRETTY FUCKIN EXCITED FOR WEEK 6-8." Week 4 officially starts tomorrow at 8:30 am PST.

Orange_and_Purple.jpg

More_Trichomes.jpg

Trichomes_just_flash.jpg
Them girls are looking great. . .

Orange_and_Purple.jpg

More_Trichomes.jpg

Trichomes_just_flash.jpg

Those images are much nicer. :goodjob:

Those images are much nicer. :goodjob:

Aesthetically yes, but it doesn't achieve my goal. I went to the zon to find a loupe, got a Carson that is 60-120. Problem was it is an add-on item, so i ordered some diamond nectar and some more ratchet pulleys.

Question for y'all. How often do you plain water during flower? I think my girls are thirsty but they dont show it. So far they've had 4 feedings over the last 3 weeks with no watering in between. But they look great. Just a passing thought. Watcha think?

Aesthetically yes, but it doesn't achieve my goal. I went to the zon to find a loupe, got a Carson that is 60-120. Problem was it is an add-on item, so i ordered some diamond nectar and some more ratchet pulleys.
When it gets there, let us know how you like it. Are you planning on using it for pictures?

Question for y'all. How often do you plain water during flower? I think my girls are thirsty but they dont show it. So far they've had 4 feedings over the last 3 weeks with no watering in between. But they look great. Just a passing thought. Watcha think?
I judge by the weight of the pots. My girls in flower (day 26) are asking for water about every 5 days right now. In 3 gallon smart pots. I know that will change. And I water, water, feed.
If they look good I wouldn't worry about it. :thumb:

I judge by the weight of the pots. My girls in flower (day 26) are asking for water about every 5 days right now. In 3 gallon smart pots. I know that will change. And I water, water, feed.
If they look good I wouldn't worry about it. :thumb:

Part of the reason i ask is bud development, i know there are a bunch (technical term) of vsriables, but i see your pics vs mine... your flowers are huge!

Part of the reason i ask is bud development, i know there are a bunch (technical term) of vsriables, but i see your pics vs mine... your flowers are huge!
Don't forget I started with mature clones.

I'm feeling the same way right now, just found some pests crawling around on my girls . did you catch the mildew early at least?

Yeah, been reading about cures and what not. It would seem that there is fungicide which can be used, but I'm in flower so that's no good. I'm thinking there are several home made solutions available out there that I can try, H2O2 being one of the easiest. I also saw a video about curing just after chop, but I don't wanna do that.

You'll know right after I do if it works or not!

Yeah, been reading about cures and what not. It would seem that there is fungicide which can be used, but I'm in flower so that's no good. I'm thinking there are several home made solutions available out there that I can try, H2O2 being one of the easiest. I also saw a video about curing just after chop, but I don't wanna do that.

You'll know right after I do if it works or not!
Yeah please keep us updated, it would be some good info to have if it ever rears its ugly head in anyone else's grows.

Yeah please keep us updated, it would be some good info to have if it ever rears its ugly head in anyone else's grows.

Here'a what I'm going with.

To control powdery mildew on plants, mix together:
1 tablespoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of liquid soap
1 gallon of water

Do not store unused mixture.

Since I'm in flower I will not spray the plant. Instead I will wipe the leaves individually (extra love!), but I may do the dunk bath in H2O2 at Harvest.

EDIT: Ok so I went with this for a quick one off and I'll prolly keep using it on Jane, although she showed no signs of PM, she was in the tent with the others for a couple-3 weeks so...

I found a 420 post that said to use, "SNS-244," it's completely biodegradable and recommended by the staff here at 420. It's coming via prime, so I'll use my mixture until then.

Aw crap. Hope you recover. What does that look like?

Its still early. Ive used the soap /baking soda remedy. I will use the other stuff when it gets here. Glad I'm only starting week 4. Everything will be fine. Panic accomplishes nothing. Im gonna use the fungicide for a week, then switch to H2O2 solution for maintenance. PM is airborne so its tough to eradicate.
420-magazine-mobile202754701.jpg

Back
Top Bottom