SpaceF Grow 4 - Perpetual Organic - 8 Feminized Strains - 1000W LEDs

004-Led-Cooltube003.jpg

It's done, now I'm happy ! :)

Love the effort and detail you put into your posts. Great work spacef.

:adore:

Here are the fems, 6 days old.
The Blue Dream has 3 leaves...
I began feeding all plants with "Bio Root Plus" from General Organic (2ml/L).
I have also seeded a new lemon headband using the BioRoot mixture and it shows a sprout today (in 12 hours!). It's in a pot now. It will follow the veg/flo schedule of its 1 week older sisters.

0005-fems.jpg

Here are the 2 autos, 20 days old, Bloody Skunk and California Snow. They are doing well. The Bloody skunk is a bit yellow, I will begin the N soon. The Soil is 50% new BioBizz lightmix and 50% old flushed soil from previous grow (with roots from previous plants). the fems do not use recycled soil, it's all brand new biobizz lightmix.
0005-autos.jpg

Due to the heat wave, I have switched again the day/night in reverse mode (day during the night and vice versa). Temps are way too high (36 yesterday afternoon!). So now the days are only during the fresh hours (from 10 pm to 2 pm the next day). Impatient to go into 12/12....

I hope the young fems did not notice anything and will not begin to stress because they can't understand why they just had a day of 26 hours at full spectrum :)

For the autos, it is the 2nd reversal of day/night that they experience..... they're surely receiving lots of lights during their veg time... They actually seem to like it, or not bothered at all by this "jetlag".

I also received a sample of green house powder feeding.... I am trying it on the strawberries since last week (outoors after veg indoors under leds- great!), and they are loving it (flowers and fruits seem to grow faster after the feed)...I am now testing it on my Bilberries to see if it can accelerate the second crop (Vaccinium myrtillus... they were delicious with top max and flushed with "whole cane sugar+water") ;-) ), If it works, I may a very little bit of the powder feeding on the autos.... eventhough it is not organic, so just a little bit to see the effects.

Just wanted to drop by to say that I really like your journals and all the DIY stuff! I'm starting my first grow in a couple of weeks so it's been very informative reading your posts!

Hi wwhateley! thanks for your post.
I hope my journals are informative, that's a great reward, but beware that some of the DIY stuff is not always the best to do immediately (i discover later that another way was better or cheaper etc). Questions are also always welcome :)
Good luck for your grow, make sure to put a link in your signature and to pass by when you begin, so I can subscribe :)
cheers

Lemon Headband says hi !... finally... there's 9 days difference with the older fems.
the stem looks stronger than the one that failed.

0007-LemonHead.jpg

There's a lot of algae in those small pots. I was really used to the 11L soil drying cycles. learning curve...

In the meantime, the autos at 3 weeks approx.
I am not topping anything on autos. just tucking and bending for the moment.
California Snow
0007-Cali.jpg

Bloody skunk bent. it's a bit yellow too
0007Bloody.jpg

The low stress training is for the grower. I need to master this better to get something else than nothing special ;-) it's auto though...I think I'm going to work a fem...not sure which one yet.

This kind of wire is not adapted for this, it 's difficult to set, can cut something, and looks messy... but once it is in place it does not move much. Got to find something else.

0007-BllodyLST.jpg

Until next time

Everything looks great man. Yeah I'm using the same type of wire to strap mine down. I'm just using a small nail to put a hole in the top of the pot then feeding it threw makes it real easy to tighten. What size of pots you using??

Such a depressing day today...
Be safe man and remember stranger danger
:Namaste:

Hi Spart, 11L pots for the autos, and for the fems, they are in a tiny pot and will be transplanted into 3.5 liters and then 11L.
You see the bloody skunk auto that is bent, well, today I should bend the top a little bit more (and the same everyday), but if I do this, it will take a lot of room.

Sad day today yes, attack in Nice, but I have the impression that I am getting used to these events :-(

We all are man that is the problem...
The media isn't really helping one minute it's death and tragedy from France/USA/Where ever the next fluffy kittens playing with string :loopy::loopy::loopy:

But enough on this, what are your views on doing a good defoliation a week before flower heard it helps with indicas but not so much with sativas? My cream caramel should be fine to do I hope I'm still debating on going onto 11l pots for all 4 of them....

what are your views on doing a good defoliation a week before flower heard it helps with indicas but not so much with sativas? My cream caramel should be fine to do I hope I'm still debating on going onto 11l pots for all 4 of them....

Franckly I do not know. I think that feminized are easier than autos, but I have no experience. My own view is that I will defoliate just what is necessary *after* flowering , to make light for the buds who need it. I did not plan to do anything during growth, may be a bit of topping here and there.

I should read again what people say about it. But I have no time right now and in 4 day i leave for 1 week.... the girl will be on their own... I'd better check all the timers, water, etc :)

Transplantation Day 12
===============

Some plants were showing weird leave shapes that made me think they were ready for transplanting. I was not impressed by the root systems except for the washing machine which completely colonized the pot. I've noticed since the start that it's a very strong strain. All the others are doing pretty fine too. The furious candy looks a bit tired of life already (bottom left small pots) but I hope the bigger pot will make it happier.

The fan is on the floor to try to keep it active while lights are on (otherwise, it takes warm air from the ledf panels vents and it rises the temp in the box. Now it is a bit better by a couple of degrees).

The California Snow auto (top left) is really bushy now... I also bent the purple a bit more...

0011-Transplant001.jpg

Behind the scene bonus :)

The soil in pots was still a bit wet, and I had to cut the pots to take the plants out very carefully.
I could not wait because I leave in 2 days for a week. Normally I would cut 3 sides to grab the soil *from the bottom of the pot" (sliding hands/fingers on the sides), but those pots are small and soft enough to be easily bent when I slide hands in them.

Now , vaccum cleaning.
0011-Transplant002.jpg

I should transplant the Lemon Headband too. It is way to soon, but I may have watering problems during my absence if I don't do it...

I still have to set and test the watering system with all the plants.

I'm not gone yet :) Plenty of stuff to do today and tomorrow (including packing and not forgetting toothbrush and underwear (and my space pants ! :) )

Here, the lemon HB transplanted... I really wanted to wait until the last minute but it did not let me and screamed at me that I should do it today. I was easily convinced by the vaccum cleaning session that I did not want to repeat tomorrow. It will be intersting to see wether it evolves differently.
0011-Transplant003.jpg

this evening, watering network and tests.

Seems to work ok..... I'll know in a week how it went...

0012-WaterSys001.jpg

So basically, for the auto there is 1 string with 3 holes each (one pipe per plant).

For the fems, there are 2 pipes for 3 pots , so each pots gets 2 water source (on each side).
The Lemon Kush HeadBand is at the end of the circuit, hoping that it will receive less than the others.
0012-WaterSys002.jpg
0012-WaterSys003.jpg

I hope each plant has enough and not too much...

"Alea Jacta est".... see you soon.

Thanks Spart.

I am checking the manual of the WasserTech watering system and - contrary to what I thought - it can be programmed to water every two days or even once a week. It actually goes from "every 2 hours" to "once a month" :) (from 24 *0.1 to 24*30 ). Awesome :)

I still have a full night to fine tune everything, I am very worried that a plant does not receive enough, or that the Lemon HB receives to much.

Then, I will take a pic of the last glance to the girls. After that, everything will be running on its own for 7 days... Then I will post a pic on my return...

Back
Top Bottom