SpaceF Grow 4 - Perpetual Organic - 8 Feminized Strains - 1000W LEDs

Here is how it looks as I am leaving.... How will it look when I'm back? it's only 7 days though, I've been away longer without any watering systems (which almost killed the plants :) )

The autos are pre-flowering and stretching now.
I bent the purple even more, all branches i could.
14-0002.jpg

As I don't have the room to set a LST grid, I used a string with a 50g weight attached to the main stem. Yesterday evening (well when i went t o sleep 4 hours ago), that part was completely horizontal... Bloody Purple is pumping iron now! I hope it won't ask me to go roller-skating on Venice Beach andSanta Monica. :)
14-0004.jpg

The fems. Changed the water network for more homogeneity.The empty pot, the metal plates, they are used as windshields.
14-0001.jpg

My setup for the next 7 days. I removed the ventilation system for the led panels, because I wanted to change it. I doubled the intraction (2*185 m3/h), put the wind fan on the floor, and now ventilating the leds seems less necessary. Also, >I had an Y connector and two intractors on its Y output does not double the flow, it reduces it ! so we can't use an Y connector to take advantage of 2 intractors, it simply does not work (in the configuration i tried)...
14-0003.jpg

Also got myself a small tefal NanoCaptur filter that is just before the tent's inputs, together with a sheet of G3 filter that I had in a drawer. later on, with an extra carbon filter , it's gonna be like having a big Rowenta Intense Air Purifier just before the tent (a 350€$ device, that we can replicate and size for a much cheaper price)

Voilà,
Back in 7 days to see how all this worked, and did not stop working...
c u

Hi wwhateley! thanks for your post.
I hope my journals are informative, that's a great reward, but beware that some of the DIY stuff is not always the best to do immediately (i discover later that another way was better or cheaper etc). Questions are also always welcome :)
Good luck for your grow, make sure to put a link in your signature and to pass by when you begin, so I can subscribe :)
cheers

Thanks a lot spacef! I got all the stuff I need now and I'm taking my time to set everything the best way possible! Your setup looks great and I'm sure the plants will handle your absence ;)
Enjoy your vacation

Thanks wwhateley! 3rd day away from the plants... would love to be able to check the tent once a day with an ip camera, but at the same time, it is nice to let go, to forget about them a little bit and to hope for a good surprise on my return.

hi! I'm back !
Results:
- Casualties = 0
- water : tank is almost empty , approx 12/13 liters used (3.1 / 3.5 gallons approx) - The tank can contain 15/16L, and was filled at 14 approx).
- Soil of autos (11L pots): very dry, does not retain much water on first watering, approx 2/3rd is coming out the pot's bottoms (last watering was 10 hours ago, next in 2 hours)
- Soil of fems (3.5 L pots) : humid, not soaked or wet, humidity (last watering was 10 hours ago, next in 2 hours)
- Deficiencies: well, slightly overwatering for some, slight underwatering for others. A couple of leaves show dry yellow spots but this could be wounds of whzen i installed the watering network (several times).

Conclusion of the experiment: 1 or 2 more days and the tank would be empty. Overall, positive results, "confortable survival" is clearly achieved, but a second watering pump would allow a much better control of each plant or group of plant. In particular, it would allow to control the space betwwen each plants (more space between pots, optimization of watering area, to avoid dry spots like I have now): the plants would not look as "meager" as they are now. May be it is also the effect of "clearwater only" (no nutrients except what was in the soild already). Well, they have "survived", it could have been more confortable, they need a bit of nursing now.

20-0001.jpg

Other:.
The 2 autos look like they're gonna yield more than last time. Cali snow number of bud site is impressive (it's my 3rd cali snow and it's always the most impressive). Bloody Skunk: the 50 g weight is not touching the ground anymore :) I think that last time, purple colors were showing at this stage, but not this time... may be it is too hot.

The Lemon Headband (youngest fem) looks like it has been slightly overwatered, but not too much (lower leaves are a bit "soft").

Bloody Skunk (foreground) and California Snow (back), approx 33rd day after germination
20-0002.jpg

Feminized, approx 21 days after germination (except the Lemon Headband, day 12).
20-0003.jpg

Free shower and nutrient feast for all the girls now !
Will try to make better pictures later on!

awesome news they are still alive and well looking to have a bit of deficiency but all and all will recover fully awesome new man. :goodjob:
Alive is better than dead that's for sure.:morenutes::morenutes:
Stay safe man and keep em green :goodjob:

Here are some close ups. Apparently, it was humid in my absence, because the humidifier is still half full . This is probably a direct effect of doubling the intraction of air, or the presence of the water tank (even with the towel above it, there is probably a bit of evaporation = humidification).

The pot of the lemon headband is full of algae. Now after shower and watering, I will let the pots dry a couple of days.

before/after ( difference of 7 days+8 nights @ 18/6)
0033-0002.jpg

That's a Bloody Skunk "un-topped", and I think that bending already allowed to double the output (see grow journal 3 - last pages, for a topped bloddy skunk without bending/LST).
0033-0009.jpg

Feminized:

day 12, Lemon Kush Headband
0033-0003.jpg

Day 20
Girl Scout Cookie
0033-0004.jpg

Furious Candy
0033-0005.jpg

"that" purple (unpronouncable name)
0033-0006.jpg

Blue Dream
0033-0007.jpg

guessing by elimination,the washing machine :)
0033-0008.jpg

The fem still look small for flowering ...
0033-0001.jpg

They look amazing man what size are them anti-spiral ones I was thinking about getting a few new pots but still haven't decided which to go with I was thinking maybe just two standard 11L pot or something else i seen they got 14L ones like the ones you got. I might just get 2 air pots might as well spend a bit if I'm only doing two plants next run. Hope your holiday was nice and relaxing and the water wasn't to cold :p

:thumb:
Here are some close ups. Apparently, it was humid in my absence, because the humidifier is still half full . This is probably a direct effect of doubling the intraction of air, or the presence of the water tank (even with the towel above it, there is probably a bit of evaporation = humidification).

The pot of the lemon headband is full of algae. Now after shower and watering, I will let the pots dry a couple of days.

before/after ( difference of 7 days+8 nights @ 18/6)
0033-0002.jpg

That's a Bloody Skunk "un-topped", and I think that bending already allowed to double the output (see grow journal 3 - last pages, for a topped bloddy skunk without bending/LST).
0033-0009.jpg

Feminized:

day 12, Lemon Kush Headband
0033-0003.jpg

Day 20
Girl Scout Cookie
0033-0004.jpg

Furious Candy
0033-0005.jpg

"that" purple (unpronouncable name)
0033-0006.jpg

Blue Dream
0033-0007.jpg

guessing by elimination,the washing machine :)
0033-0008.jpg

The fem still look small for flowering ...
0033-0001.jpg

They look amazing man what size are them anti-spiral ones I was thinking about getting a few new pots but still haven't decided which to go with I was thinking maybe just two standard 11L pot or something else i seen they got 14L ones like the ones you got. I might just get 2 air pots might as well spend a bit if I'm only doing two plants next run. Hope your holiday was nice and relaxing and the water wasn't to cold :p

Good morning Spart! Great questions !! Thanks for asking:

- it's the 3.6 liters (> 1Gallon) nuova pasquini from CultureIndoor shop nearby, and they will be followed by the 11 L in a few weeks. - I may get a couple of 14L like those ones too. I really like them because they have plenty of holes on the bottom, and 4 "feet" that rise the pot's base at 0.5 centimeter above floor . 11L is enough for indoor autos of less than 1m high. I guess it's the same with fems?

- About textile pots in general, I think that I will not use them anymore, i find them more difficult to flush in comparison to the hard pots. My drilling of big and small holes on the plastic pots is sufficient and it does bring air and allow mushrooms to develop at various levels of the roots (and plants in those pots all tasted fantastic and strong, if it's related, which i don't know but so far, observation (and 450g later) says it could).

Overall, my experience is that the plastic pots are great for quick and even watering and this is helpful for flushing as well. Also, hard plastic pots do not move or change size, and I find them easier to deal with (floor area is needed). I can put 4*11L pots in a 60*60 box, but that's not necessarily the case with 4*smart pots of 11L (textile is soft and may expand, so i can put 3 max).

In terms of plant size or health, I did not see a significant difference, just that the final products were better when grown in hard containers (taste better because of better flushing, imho) :)

PS: holydays were great, the sea was warm and welcoming, i am much less "grey" (big city habitant) ! but it's also good to be back ;-)

In 60cm x 60cm I'm finding that even with my 7L pots they are getting really crowded really fast and some of the lower nodes are starting to be blocked out. I'm thinking of getting a few new pots for outside again I'm hoping to get a few smaller auto plants in maybe the 3.6L pots the feet might not be the best for outside because of pests crawling up in them but we'll see I'm only gonna be doing 3 or 4 little ones so pricing on the pots really isn't an issue for my next run inside I'm really still mowing everything over and I think 2 of the 14L ones would be great but I'd probably poke a bunch of holes running up the side in the little folds just to encourage the roots to prune a bit more. 4 x 6L air pots is always an option as well :loopy::hmmmm::loopy: I heard the same thing about the textile pots though and also that even if they have the handles they still warp and bend really bad if you have to move them to flush. Maybe a few air pots are calling my name.

In any case everything looks awesome man and once you transplant the little photo fems they will explode with growth plus you have space to tie them down and veg em out longer so the bigger the better. I was at a buddies house he has kinda the same size as you but he's doing 9 plants in a scrog his final pot size is the 18L ones oh how i wish I could get a bigger tent. I am going to get another 1m2 or something I seen one that was 90cm x 60cm. I dunno so many options and so many opinions on everything even the local seed bank has over 500 different strains now :rofl::rofl: what to pick oh what to pick LOL

a bit of re-organization. the autos are 45cm high.
That kind of fan is much better placed upside down rather than on the floor. It is too powerful to be close to the plants, and there is already no more room for it to oscillate if it is on the floor. Humidity is also better (pots dry at natural speed). I still need that garbage pot on the floor: it is a reserve of soil, + it helps directing the air from the intraction to the blue dream and cali snow auto. it will soon have to go way though.

0034-0001.jpg

I picked my strains according to trichome production, for shake and extraction. reliying on user reveiws or other grow journals.

Your plants are looking good spacef! I wish I had this much space! I'm going to be bound to a 60x60x190 tent and space is quite tricky (can't have the luxury of having oscillation on my fan, even though it's crucial). I'm going to grow a single plant in a 20L airpot and I'm really looking forward to it!

I was bored so I took macro shots of the newborn "buds" of the 2 autos (still preflowering). Sorry for the blurry pics but i did not use a tripod so it wasn't easy to get usable shots.

Bloody Skunk (day 35):
I think I see trichomes already... I did not expect that by simply looking at them.

0035-001.jpg
0035-002.jpg

I love that Bloody Skunk, and it's flavor is unique. I hope it will turn purple soon , and if it is a green pheno, which i did not have previously, i hope that it has the same quality as the purple one....

The california snow:
not as agressive in the trichome area, but still promissing.
0035-003.jpg

I wait a bit for the fems, especially the Blue Dream and it's nodes of 3 branches. I've cut 3 big leaves in the center of the plant, hoping that a few middle branches will grow faster. Nothing else special to report so far.

These are great shots spacef! I've seen a microscope kit for iPhone, I feel kinda tempted to buy it...
Btw I got the same LED glasses as you and they are fantastic! I'm germinating tomorrow :)

They are beautiful,like crystal.:thumb:
I was bored so I took macro shots of the newborn "buds" of the 2 autos (still preflowering). Sorry for the blurry pics but i did not use a tripod so it wasn't easy to get usable shots.

Bloody Skunk (day 35):
I think I see trichomes already... I did not expect that by simply looking at them.

0035-001.jpg
0035-002.jpg

I love that Bloody Skunk, and it's flavor is unique. I hope it will turn purple soon , and if it is a green pheno, which i did not have previously, i hope that it has the same quality as the purple one....

The california snow:
not as agressive in the trichome area, but still promissing.
0035-003.jpg

I wait a bit for the fems, especially the Blue Dream and it's nodes of 3 branches. I've cut 3 big leaves in the center of the plant, hoping that a few middle branches will grow faster. Nothing else special to report so far.

Very nice pictures man yeah the green phenotypes are still great smoke I had a red poison that ended up being the green pheno it tasted almost the same and it hit a bit harder

Hi!

Just a small update.

Some fems are becoming quite fat. I will transplant 3 this week, and may be start flowering. I think it is time to make use of the other box to keep the 3 small fems longer in veg. I must water the 3 big ones almost everyday now.

Another big challenge as I will have to leave again for 10 days in 15 days... This is more or less a good timing to begin flushing the autos (they will be in their 8th week, and will be cropped soon after my return...if they don't die in the meantime!).

I ordered a second watering pump, and the growshop gave me 2 packs of Aptus All in One 100mg organic pellets, for free, to mix in soil and avoid using liquid nuts. I will put less pellets than specified because it is for 10 weeks...

For the water, I will need a second water tank... I must also find the best way to close the tanks and avoid evaporation as much as possible. I think I will use plastic wrap covered with something that blocks light completely .

Day 37 for the autos, day 24 for the fems, day 16 for lemon hb:

0037-003.jpg

nice gift. Not sure I will use them. it would be perfect if it works, so i need to test them.
0037-004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom