Spimps NLxBB Auto Micro CFL's 2013

Hi MrFlex. I started my first auto grow 4 weeks ago. I'm growing in coco by the way. There's a few pics on my journal if you fancy a look? Once the taps appeared I did as KJC suggested but I did put them a little deeper (I put them STRAIGHT into 5 gal pots) at 3/4". They ALL broke though and are growing REALLY well. :)

I have to defer to KingjohnC and the others here regarding the bean planting procedure. They have more technical information and experience than I.

I tend to use the 'Spimps a Lucky Guy' method. :) I use the paper towel method for 24hrs in warm environment, then drop the bean into my party cup medium and wait. If the sun shine is beaming, I use the heat from the Sun to expedite the sprout. I dont really worry about which way is up, I figure if my sprout is too dumb to know up from down it wont be great smoke anyway. :rofl:

Good weed everyone! Im just popping in, Im still somewhat under the weather. I did finally get really medicated last night for the first time in a week so Im making progress! I found a nuglet of some White Berry I had stashed back and I was able to cope it much better than the purps I have been smoking. Dont tell Mrs Spimp though, shes still choking down the Purps. :)
:cough:

I have to defer to KingjohnC and the others here regarding the bean planting procedure. They have more technical information and experience than I.

I tend to use the 'Spimps a Lucky Guy' method. :) I use the paper towel method for 24hrs in warm environment, then drop the bean into my party cup medium and wait. If the sun shine is beaming, I use the heat from the Sun to expedite the sprout. I dont really worry about which way is up, I figure if my sprout is too dumb to know up from down it wont be great smoke anyway. :rofl:

Good weed everyone! Im just popping in, Im still somewhat under the weather. I did finally get really medicated last night for the first time in a week so Im making progress! I found a nuglet of some White Berry I had stashed back and I was able to cope it much better than the purps I have been smoking. Dont tell Mrs Spimp though, shes still choking down the Purps. :)
:cough:

hope you feel better soon pimpster

i just stick mine in a paper towel till i get a taproot of 5/8 to 3/4 inch then i split open a rooting plug
stick the thing in root down the last one was funky but the plant was smart enough to find up lol
root was in a circle lol so i stuck it in which way i thought i should lol

sorry to hear your not feeling well brother, its never good being ill,

i know bongs and spliffs can be a bit harsh if you got a chest infection or the flu, the best option would be to have some canna butter stored away so you can have it on toast or even make some hot choc with it.
edibles are much stronger effect so go easy on the edibles if you go down that option, i remember getting busted when i was at school and ended up eating just under an 8th before i got searched, about an hour later i was flat on my back in my local park, i couldnt move, i couldnt speak, i was just a mumbling mess for hours.
id never of got that high from smoking an 8th but eating it really does hit you hard.

nice info on the reveg, ill give that a try next time i reveg and see if it helps,

all the best buddy, good vibes coming your way, maybe a vape might be less harsh when your ill, not sure as ive never vaped,

get well soon my friend,

THE REPS ARE RIGHT Will Start AT 6:00 pm EST... Approximately 1hr & 40mins from this post

Hi Spimp :ciao: Merry Ante-Christmas :xmas:

You are now what, Trichomes? :scratchinghead:

I am waiting for you & Spimp to give your 2 cents on 24 or 18/6 for vegging. Here is my dilemna, your opinion is needed!

help/input almost convinced me to change my method RE. the MUCH disputed lighting benefits during 24hr veg, but then I read this:

"If you search some ask Ed (Rosenthal) or Jorge you wil see they strongly recommend you stay on 24/7.
The argument goes; you may save a little bit on your electricity bill, but your overhead on space rental blows that away.

There are mythical claims that a darkness period is needed but there is no evidence to support this. Extremely healthy and potent marijuana is grown under 24-hour vegetative light. What is in dispute is whether the extra light hours bring a great deal of benefit compared with 18-hour light. Most 24-hour growers claim some increase in plant vegetation but few claim a large increase.

A plant can be maintained in 24 vegetative growth without being allowed to flower indefinitely with no adverse effects.

You do get less stretch and more bushy plants, and overall you get faster growth on roots and dry matter in the plant.
I usually notice that they stretch a lot more when the get to sleep.

Whats important for most is the turnaround of the "seed (clone)to harvest" time. You may not get there 1/6 faster thna on 18/6 but 1/7th or 1/8th is worth tslking about.

It all depend of your growing situation. Whats most important your utility bill or turnaround time."

I have recently read that 18/6 benefits could possibly, outweigh the benefits of 24 hours of light when vegging.

what is your opinion on this?:thanks:

its one of them arguments that will go on till the end of time,
the only way you will know what works for you and your grow space is to give each a try, ive played around with all lighting schedules and for me ill use glr when im not growing autos, when im growing autos ill use 18-6 or 17-7 or 12-12 if my photo plants are in flower when i plant some auto,

a lot of growers swear by 24-0 but a lot prefer 18-6, each to their own i guess, but for me i just dont find that 24-0 gives me anymore growth than 18-6, plus when you use 24-0 you will notice a time of the day where the plants look like their resting, they still carry out their night time tasks during lights on but to a lesser degree, so for me you just wasting electric when 18-6 will do, 24-0 is going to cost you a 3rd more in power and i just dont see the end results being worth it.

ive not had the chance to do side by side grows to compare 24-0 with 18-6 at the same time, but i dont get more growth from 24-0 to make it worth me running my lights 24 hours a day, if the growth was a lot more then id use 24-0 but i didnt notice much difference at all, the only thing i can say i noticed for sure is the plants under 24-0 was shorter and more bushy, but i put my plants to 12-12 when they reach a certain height, so if i was using 24-0 then id need to veg them longer so the reach the height i want.

the best option would be to do one grow with 24-0 and then another grow with 18-6, you would need to keep notes of plant size and how long you vegged it for, but you also need to factor in running costs as 24-0 is going to cost you more in the long term so does that extra running cost mean your going to get a 3rd more dry bud, i just dont see end results being worth it, your giving them a 3rd more light using 24-0 compared to 18-6.
my yields was not bigger under 24-0 copared with 18-6.

but then other growers will argue the plant has an extra 6 hours of ligher per day so it grows more during that time than it does during the lights out period. i just wasnt finding the extra 6 hours made a huge difference,
glr on the other hand is what ill be using as i find growth is much quicker under glr. again people will argue 24-0 is better or 18-6 is better.

ive read and watched all ed's books and dvd's and he always goes with the 24-0 argument, but plants never get 24-0 anywhere on the planet unless they grew at the poles, so for me it makes sense to give the plants their night time period which is how they have grown since day 1, we do play god indoors and can give them what ever schedule we like,

i didnt notice an extra growth using 24-0,
im sure others will argue 24-0 is best and others 18-6, this debate will always go on and on, just choose one to try this time round then choose the other for the next grow and see what works best for you,

Yeah...What DPP said :partyboy:
Nice reply, Squiryl give you that? Hey Greaser, that's is not how a MoM replies, nor is it funny, thumbs could be retracted for this behavior. Just give me a 24 or an 18 and I'll go away.

Spimp, I hope you are feeling better. :sorry: for this tresspassing & get well soon.

Back
Top Bottom