SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

re: SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

oh well in that case I am at a loss for words on that, I hope someone can chime in on this now, I am interested to see what has to be said now.

:peacetwo:

Lol after hours of researching I am pretty relieved and will continue growth as another mother plant. Everyone seems to have these things growing once in a while or all the time. With not only cannabis but other plants as well. Seems to grow in healthy conditions too! And can possibly mean that your environment is good for growth in general. I will continue to pluck them as I see them but won't be stressed by the situation as they might come out along the way. (considering they have made their way in the entire medium by now.

But yeah any testimonies or suggestions would be awesome!

Mushrooms grow well at relative humidity levels of around 95-100%, and substrate moisture levels of 50 to 75%. Spores can float in from outside very easily through transportation from wind, clothing, pets, and small bugs. The medium used coco/perlite could already have them (from one of the methods mentioned above), and managed to grow out from the bottom of the bag where the hole is. There may be more...

Coco itself retain water very well. Perlite itself also retain water very well. Combined two you'll get a medium that is over saturated, and the hempy bag adds even more water retention. Yes, harbor for mushroom indeed. All you need is one single spore and they will thrive.

Are there any on top?

If you can lift up the plant as if you were going to transplant them and check the medium for mushroom growth inside the bag. You might need to remove some medium to get rid of any remaining spores within, and transplant them into new container and medium.

As for the training of your mothers:

If you want treelike mothers giving several clones a month, I would suggest topping and salvaging the top for clones. Just down to the first pair of new stems (above the gap) at the main trunk. For the the bottom stems (under the "gap"), let them grow a bit and then take them when they reach 4-5 nodes of their own. You can turn these into strong mothers. It will look like a stick for a while after you prune the top back, and it might take longer to root it, but the clones that come off of it will grow nicely.

TIP: Feed only water for 3 days to 1 week to nitrogen starve your mother. This will force her to use the reserves she has and will speed the rooting of her clones. I don't know if you've noticed, but when this is not done, clones tend to grow at the top/leaves a bit before rooting. That's because of all the (N) stored in the stems. Even in rockwool, when I (N) starve, I have roots 7-9 days from cutting. Just food for thought...

okay here's the update for today!

Let's start with the Flowering Chamber
I moved the a/c unit to the exact opposite side of the carbon filter and installed my Sentinel CHHC-4 environmental controller! Going to attach the c02 tonight to have it ready :)
Green_097.jpg

Green_096.jpg

Green_101.jpg

Disregard the chord on the floor it was only there for testing purposes I intend to keep all wires secure and in a safe place... most of the time lol!
Since the a/c cooling air now as to cross the entire room to be pulled in by the exhaust I hope it cools in the most efficient way :clap:
Green_099.jpg

Now for the Veg. Room!
Lets start with thy cloneths
Green_115.jpg

They seem to be doing great hitting there 7 day margin today! Perky and growing!

Let's take a peak under the hood to see whats POPPIN'!
Green_1061.jpg

ROOTS! ROOTS!! ROOTS!!!

Top view looking amazing!
Green_113.jpg

And here is the FAMILY PHOTO
Green_112.jpg

Misc.
Here is the feeding tool !
Green_0761.jpg

Works like a charm! I'm going to take a shot so you guys can see the flow action on this sweet thing!

P.S
As far as the mistake(s) in cutting the mother plants in the wrong way i went ahead and topped them so i could get more branching out i intend to keep them as Mother's for the time being and let them get as big as they want, I'm simply going to take cutting in the proper way to promote better growth... Hopefully by then the other girls will catch up to become very giving mothers!

...still going to germinate 3 more seeds most likely
I am thinking (1)Black Domina (1)New York City Diesel (1) THC Snow
the mom is getting crowded... might have to make some adjustments ...

:thanks:
:420:

SpiriTHC said:
Let's take a peak under the hood to see whats POPPIN'!
Green_1061.jpg

High SpiriTHC,

Now that I see under the hood, I can see you will be fine with the no leaks, most DIY's contain sprayers, in which you are showing is the cause of most leaks. +reps for this knowledge.

Update for the day:

Unfortunately this update is to show some deficiencies going on with the mommy(s)

This one is happening to the lower leaves of the mom the top seems fine...
Green_129.jpg

These photos doesn't do me too much justice to display the deficiencies I see in person
but here it is ...probably impossible to see anything in the photos :(
Green_127.jpg

Green_1211.jpg

Next I have like spots.. almost burn spots ..its like in the middle growth nothing at the very tops

Green_126.jpg

Last but not least one of the mom(s) that I took cutting the wrong way from.. her fan leaves are always droopy on from the gap that there are no more branches.. (im guessing they are simply going to die and fall off)

Green_123.jpg

But the top of the mom is beautiful and seems more than fine!

Green_124.jpg

Would love any feedback!

:peace:

the droopy leaves look like a overwatering, or she is sleeping, when the plants go to sleep they drop like that, I remember the first time I seen that, I got all "OH SH**, WHAT DID I DO!" I decided to go and ask everyone here, they asked for photos, I went to go and take pix, and she was awake and perky again.

Jandre2k3
First and for most thank you so much for that link!
I have read it over twice (too really absorb the detailed information)

by far one of the best postings, ever!

off the bat, I am pretty sure, shit almost certain.. it is pH instability!

That's why I just stopped by my hydro store and got me some Clearex !
Green_131.jpg

And the Milwaukee digital pH meter for $35 that I have (yellow stick) a.k.a PIECE OF SHIT that never stays calibrated for many odd reasons I HAVE NEVER LIKED!
Just got swapped out with the MAC DADDY!

HANNA Instruments GROWCHECK COMBO! for $250
Green_132.jpg

My stuff WILL be on point from now on! Can't be having these problems.. since I always pH my nutrient solutions.. but hopefully with the Clearex and new dope meter! I should see some fast results and get optimum growing levels!

Plan is:
Flush out the mother(s) Still not going to do that 3:1 or 2:1 gallon ratio of flushing.. I think that is overkill and would rather start little at a time

I will add 15mL of Clearex for every gallon of ph'd water and put 3 gallons thru the 5 gallon soil moms and due to the fact they never get more than 1 - 1.25 gallon of water when I feed them I don't think it is over watered.. but if so maybe add some hydrogen peroxide to the water to create more oxygen and also kill any bacteria within the roots!.. my soil consists of perlite and its a smart pot (fabric) so I think i have proper aeration .. and only that part of the plant is down everything else especially the top is perky, so most likely it is not over watering but as it dries out we shall see! after the flush I will add my chemical nutrient GH FloraNova Grow (7-4-10) and that should bring me back to part.. doing this i expect to see results within 1 week and hoping the plant is back to par!

Thanks for the support guys!
and once again special thanks to jandre for that amazing link! (IF U HAVENT READ IT! READ IT! IF U HAVE READ IT! WELL READ IT AGAIN!! )

Jandre2k3
First and for most thank you so much for that link!
I have read it over twice (too really absorb the detailed information)

by far one of the best postings, ever!

off the bat, I am pretty sure, shit almost certain.. it is pH instability!

That's why I just stopped by my hydro store and got me some Clearex !
And the Milwaukee digital pH meter for $35 that I have (yellow stick) a.k.a PIECE OF SHIT that never stays calibrated for many odd reasons I HAVE NEVER LIKED!
Just got swapped out with the MAC DADDY!
HANNA Instruments GROWCHECK COMBO! for $250
My stuff WILL be on point from now on! Can't be having these problems.. since I always pH my nutrient solutions.. but hopefully with the Clearex and new dope meter! I should see some fast results and get optimum growing levels!

Plan is:
Flush out the mother(s) Still not going to do that 3:1 or 2:1 gallon ratio of flushing.. I think that is overkill and would rather start little at a time

I will add 15mL of Clearex for every gallon of ph'd water and put 3 gallons thru the 5 gallon soil moms and due to the fact they never get more than 1 - 1.25 gallon of water when I feed them I don't think it is over watered.. but if so maybe add some hydrogen peroxide to the water to create more oxygen and also kill any bacteria within the roots!.. my soil consists of perlite and its a smart pot (fabric) so I think i have proper aeration .. and only that part of the plant is down everything else especially the top is perky, so most likely it is not over watering but as it dries out we shall see! after the flush I will add my chemical nutrient GH FloraNova Grow (7-4-10) and that should bring me back to part.. doing this i expect to see results within 1 week and hoping the plant is back to par!

Thanks for the support guys!
and once again special thanks to jandre for that amazing link! (IF U HAVENT READ IT! READ IT! IF U HAVE READ IT! WELL READ IT AGAIN!! )

LOL! Every time I see a question on here about spots, leave deformations, I go there... It's my go-to, and I think everyone should have it at LEAST as part of their research when looking for a fix.

Let me also say this:
[Crackle and whistle of very loud megaphone]

FloraNova is some of the WORST crap I've ever used in my life. I had BAD problems with it when I was growing with it. pH swings of almost a FULL POINT. (.9pH) in 8 hours.

That is all...

[Loud Click as megaphone goes off]

damn! it pisses me off to hear that!
(IM NOT MAD AT YOU I PROMISE)

BUT damn that nute was expensive! like $90 for that one jugg :(

Oh well thanks for the enlightenment! LOL

Well than
Update for "The Plan":
After the flush SCREW using GH FloraNova Grow (Jandre2k3 has informed me of its swings, which now MAKES A LOT OF SENSE!) so I will swap that out with my Cyco Nutrient Platinum Series line! (I was only going to use it for flowering but now it's going into the Momma plants for veg as well! Until I make my order of the fine Blue Planet Steroid Stuff!!:allgood: ..and switch to that!

Thank once again Jandre!!!

p.s no one better bring up pH swings with cyco OR IMA START SWINGING MY FISTS!!

j.k! Please lemme know guys if anyone as any experience with the cyco line.. cause tonight I am breaking the boxes open! :party:

damn! it pisses me off to hear that!
(IM NOT MAD AT YOU I PROMISE)

BUT damn that nute was expensive! like $90 for that one jugg :(

Oh well thanks for the enlightenment! LOL

Well than
Update for "The Plan":
After the flush SCREW using GH FloraNova Grow (Jandre2k3 has informed me of its swings, which now MAKES A LOT OF SENSE!) so I will swap that out with my Cyco Nutrient Platinum Series line! (I was only going to use it for flowering but now it's going into the Momma plants for veg as well! Until I make my order of the fine Blue Planet Steroid Stuff!!:allgood: ..and switch to that!

Thank once again Jandre!!!

p.s no one better bring up pH swings with cyco OR IMA START SWINGING MY FISTS!!

j.k! Please lemme know guys if anyone as any experience with the cyco line.. cause tonight I am breaking the boxes open! :party:

Yeah, I bought a quart of GH FloraNova back in Oct. and used maybe 1/4 of it before I started mixing it up in 5Gal buckets and threw it on my lawn. At least it grew some grass though. Wrong grass, but oh well... it went to good use.

Advanced NUKEtrients Jungle Juice was next... Way too hot and burned my plants. Mixed a tad lighter and had deficiency problems. I also had to keep pH at 5.2 for some reason to maintain proper uptake. Not sure what that is about, but it was really weird. . .

Blue Planet Nutrients and Corey have earned a lifelong customer. I've been very amazed at the performance for the dollar of this stuff. I actually go from a weak 190ppm (Seedling) solution after cuttings take root for 1 week, then straight up to ~760ppm (Crazy Growth) at week2 for fast veg, then into the flower box they go when I'm ready. And here we get the added bonus of Corey being a member of the site to lend a hand when needed.

I don't know, and will never know now, about Cyco... I can say the bottles are pretty, and the fluorescent colors get your attention though.:cheesygrinsmiley: And the audio on the website sure sounds good, Australian accent and all talking about the $234.00 USD Cyco:loopy: Platinum Pro Kit... 12 different bottles is a little daunting, though.:whoa:

I'm looking forward to seeing how well this system performs. It better be stellar for that price. :rofl: I'm not knocking it, it's just a little too steep, and too many bottles for me. Elite 3-part and Liquid Blue for me!

Well today was one hell of a day on 420..

I literally spent my entire day working on my mother plants trying to get them on stable pH

that GH FloraNova really screwed me.. I always make sure that I pH my solution properly before adding into my soil.. I just cant believe how much it shifted ..comming out at 5.9 .. that is obsurd.. I tried continuously to flush it out and create a stable pH .. but i was not able to achieve it .. and since I flushed soo much water thru her I realized that the soil is pretty much destroyed.. So I went ahead and pulled her out the 5 gallon fabric smart pot and rinsed out all the soil carefully and re potted her into fresh new soil and just ran straight 7.0 pH'ed water with superthrive (to help roots) thru is so it wouldn't be dry.. and the run off came out 5.9 still.. :surrender:

so I decided since that was like serious surgery on the plant she deserves to simply rest now and hopefully it will look better tomorrow. I pray!

I will take photo(s)
today was just too graphic so show this disaster...

Happy 420 to all of you (even tho im late)

BTW,
This forum looks AMAZING

Really do love this newly done website!

Sweet ass set up man! I'm also enjoying the new look of the site but don't like how you have to upload pictures and a few other minor things. Subbed! I'm doing the same competition in my other journal :)

Thanks man!
Appreciate it!

Haha I have been hearing from anyone how its a pain in butt to upload photos!
Fortunately I haven't made an update with photos since..
But today I will be uploading some..
although I think I have been uploading and posting them in a long process way that everyone seems to be doing now..
which I have done from the beginning so I don't see what will be the problem

but we'll see!

Thanks again for the sub!
and I hope you enjoy the Big waves soon to come! :surf:

update!

Here is the mother room update!
The mom's seem to have a pH imbalance (the ones in soil are doing very bad with the pH and the deficiencies are starting)
anyways we'll see if time can fix this with what I tried... next step bone meal to raise the pH in the soil mother(s)

Green_138.jpg

The are pretty much all locked out due to pH

i put in the mix at 6.8 it comes out at 5.2-5.4
makes no sense.. i guess GH FloraNova really screwed me.

I'm going to miss you man!

I have so much work to do and problems to figure out with my mother's deficiencies
I have hit a huge obstacle now.. I really need to order my BPN and see if this can fix things.

I feel as if my soil is destroyed or something .. no pH wants to be stable for any of the mothers.. :(

But I hope with your advice and your inspiration that you have given me I will prosper and achieve my goals!
Thanks Jandre!! You truly are a real friend of mine (even tho you don't know me) I consider you a dear friend!

Anyone one who takes time and puts effort in someone's else journey or problems is a true friend!

I wish I could be there for you now and help you.
But what I can do is send you this positive energy your way.. And my friend this energy that I send you can change the world.
So let's start with you!

Much love and respect!
I hope when you come back you'll see me taking this bull by the horns and owning this fight!
As I hope to see you come back victorious in the battle of clarity! :peace:

Your friend
~Spirit
:high-five:

Go back to that problem solver link. Look for pH adjusters in soil. DO NOT USE Vinegar or Lemon Juice. I think Blood Meal lowers... That or Bone Meal. Either of those is best and longest lasting, but are not fast. Add it, let it sit a day or two, then test. For soil, runoff should be between 6.2 and 7.1 if in range.

And, thank you for your kind words. It helps.

Forward.....

Back
Top Bottom