SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

re: SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

Just a suggestion for u spirit. U might want to grad some dolomite lime and top dress with that. I believe that would be a better direction to go in than adding more nute unless u think the problem is coming from not enough meal. If you have the xtra cash grad a coffee grinder and some dolomite. Grind it up until it is as close as u can come to making it a powder. Scratch it into top 2". It would be more ideal to add when mixing up soil but this could possible help with the problem u are having. I cannot remember what soil u are using but I typically always add dolomite to soils whether they say p.h. balanced or not. If u are in 3 gal. pots I would try 1/8 cup. If in 5 gal. probably the same amount just to be on the safe side. Hope this helps...

If u have xtra time do a little research on the effects of dolomite lime in soil. It is used to keep your p.h. in a good range and is an excellent source of cal.mg. Also research a bit on tea brews because soil needs to be alive and stay alive. Check out Subcool supersoil thread. There is alot of info. on soil there even if you are not going to use his super soil mixture. A cheap and easy alternative to bottle nutes is a nice compost tea with unsulphered molasses. All u need is a 5 gal. bucket, 1 small air pump, and some organics such as worm casting and guanos and always the oh so important molasses that feeds your beneficial bacteria. Make sure to use pure water as chlorine will kill the beneficials that you are brewing up. And what I have found is that there is no need to p.h. this solution. It pretty much sorts itself out. Just keep room temp. between 75-80 degrees and your golden. Like is said the info. is out there just tap into it... Good lucK

Just a suggestion for u spirit. U might want to grad some dolomite lime and top dress with that. I believe that would be a better direction to go in than adding more nute unless u think the problem is coming from not enough meal. If you have the xtra cash grad a coffee grinder and some dolomite. Grind it up until it is as close as u can come to making it a powder. Scratch it into top 2". It would be more ideal to add when mixing up soil but this could possible help with the problem u are having. I cannot remember what soil u are using but I typically always add dolomite to soils whether they say p.h. balanced or not. If u are in 3 gal. pots I would try 1/8 cup. If in 5 gal. probably the same amount just to be on the safe side. Hope this helps...

If u have xtra time do a little research on the effects of dolomite lime in soil. It is used to keep your p.h. in a good range and is an excellent source of cal.mg. Also research a bit on tea brews because soil needs to be alive and stay alive. Check out Subcool supersoil thread. There is alot of info. on soil there even if you are not going to use his super soil mixture. A cheap and easy alternative to bottle nutes is a nice compost tea with unsulphered molasses. All u need is a 5 gal. bucket, 1 small air pump, and some organics such as worm casting and guanos and always the oh so important molasses that feeds your beneficial bacteria. Make sure to use pure water as chlorine will kill the beneficials that you are brewing up. And what I have found is that there is no need to p.h. this solution. It pretty much sorts itself out. Just keep room temp. between 75-80 degrees and your golden. Like is said the info. is out there just tap into it... Good lucK

tiptopper: Yeah, it's been so long since I was in soil, I completely forgot about do-lime. Excellent suggestions, and +rep to ya.

SpiriTHC: It's true that organic teas, for soil at least, are the best. But just spending over 200USD on that Cyco kit of yours, I'd want to use it up. Either that, or I'd return it and take advantage of the 100% satisfaction guarantee they tout on the website. and the molasses works wonders for the flowering as well, so what doesn't get used up for the benies, your plant will love.

Getting ready to go, now, so I probably will not see your reply until Friday. Until then, good luck. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am interested in how you like the cyco nutrients. I recieved a platinum grow kit at the indoor garden expo last month. I can not find to much positive feed back about it. Thanks.

3-Part + Liquid Blue Bloom !

I am excited
tomorrow I am going to get some dolomite lime and try and fix the pH of these soil mothers...

:lot-o-toke: It's frustrating watching these pH lockouts mess my plants up and show deficiencies after over a month of no problems..
but hoping with the lime will assist in raising the pH and keeping it at proper nutritional levels for plant uptake.

Thanks for the support guys!

Got like 50 clones going into flowering this week.
Going to set up my c02 and fans tomorrow along with making the Hempys!

Thanks again everybody!
Can't wait for my Blue Planet Nutrients! Will be here hopefully just in time to start this run!

:circle-of-love:

You will not be disappointed with the BPN, no worries, easy with the dolomite though, once it's in there, you can't get it out.

:peacetwo:

Yeah I am only going to drop a 1/8 cup into it the 5 Gallon smart pot! Hopefully that won't be too much!
But I def need something to raise this pH

For the next mother's
I am going to buy Baccto Pro Mix (420fied) uses this medium for his mother plants
I read up on it it already has dolomite in it and seems to be a professionally balance mix of things to keep everything consistent!

Just a thought spirit. U might be better of with a medium like promix if you are going to use liquid organic lines. Its just that the mixture that you have ur soil mothers in is all organic and they are not really meant to feed until a certain point. Ocean forest is supposed to be good for up to a month with no additional feeding and since u are cutting it with happy frog who knows how long the nutritional value of that combo could possibly last for. That is why i reccomend subcools super soil. Its a water only mix. Personally I like to keep my mothers in coco or promix that way I know there is nothing in the mix except for what I add. In my opinion it is easier to diagnois a problem if one occurs and it is even that much more easy to fix. Pre-mix soils already have things going on in them and sometimes it is hard to diagnois what you are fighting when you run into problems. But to each his own. Alot of people say soil is forgiving. But in my opinion there is always processes occuring in soil that you cannot control. I believe teas are the best way to feed in soil. Gotta feed soil...

tiptopper
You just said what I have been saying ALL DAY

Exactly how you stated it!: "That people say soil is gorgiving. But in my opinion there is always processes occurring that you cannot control

I deff am going to have to make that switch into the promix !

:morenutes: I feel that's the way I like to feed.. monitor it myself just make sure the mix can maintain itself because I will maintain what I put in !

Well I gotta drop in a few more seeds to make new mothers!
I see a revamp to the game!

Mother's all in coco or Baccto Pro Mix!
No more soil in my garden until I do a completely organic run!

But for the time being I am going to try and fix what I can.. and take what ever more clones I can to add to the SOG

Update:
Tomorrow is a big day! Transfer day for the clones!
Question for everybody! Before I switch to 12/12 should I give the plants a dark period?
Also Do I feed it pH'd water as soon as I make that switch OR do I feed it just water and nutes once the lights come on?
They seem to look ready for nutes! So I am thinking of doing that!

Also! I will be making my own flood table with some wood and some kinda of plastic paper to cover it with making is water sealed proof!

so 50 clones of THC Snow and Black Domina dropping into the 2L-DWC-H !

I decided to go ahead and make them all DWC-H for now! Took me forever to get all 50 done!
Like 6 hours! Straight!

Tomorrow going to spray them black and let them dry throughout the day! and be ready for transition at night!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Goood Night everybody!
LONG day tomorrow!

Gotta install another window a/c unit
more construction and a lot of transferring

Wooo!

So excited!...

I know that u have a big day coming up spirit and do not want to rain on ur parade but here are a few thing u might want to consider b4 transplanting. First off is the putting all of your eggs in 1 basket. The reason I say this is because DWC-H does not have 1 single grow that has been completely finished. That being said there is no predictability of problems that can or will occur throughout ur grow. For everyone reading I am not saying that it will not work. I am simply stating that there has not been enough evidence for it to be considered a proven method of growing to crop. U have a great setup guy. But ask urself this. Is there anyone u can go to who has seen this method all the way through and had success? Another thing to think about is money and time spent. Worst case scenerio is you may not be able to get the handle on this method ur first grow and you will suffer yield loss or even entire crop loss. In my honest opinion you should maybe try a proven method such as regular hempy and do a couple of DWC-H just so u dont end up wasting time and money. It is true that you could always start over but it would be a confidence boost to you to have a successful first round. Experiments are usually done on small scale because the chance of failure is so high. U have all of the equipment one would need to have an excellent grow. But if you are following other journals like me then you will see that there are alot of unanswered questions about this technique. One thing I think we both have in common is that we like to go ALL-IN. But personally I wouldnt make that move until I have a bit of experience under my belt. Just something to think on. FOOD FOR THOUGHT...

Tiptopper has a good point bro.

But anyways, what you gonna use as medium? I am having troubles with the hempy mix overfloating the top bottle when feedin hard. Its a big res too exchange. Maybe coco would be better? When that said, they do grow great. Tight nodes N fast growth :)

On the feeding of new transplants: Light premix around 450ppm, if youre in hempy mix, I'd say ph. 5.5 ph going inn, all my bottles tend too go up in ph between feedings. The clones hopefully got a nice rootsystem by now, thus ready for some BluePlanetPower ;)
I dont now if you wash your medium, but if its dry during transplant, i would reccommend transplant a few then water, transplant a few then water, feel me?
And hope youre ready for alot of runoff, because in the first week or two they dont drink all that water, but you wanna change it all anyway, therefore runoff is eneverdable.

Positiv vibes going your way from me G, your about too have so much fun bro! TSUNAMI ABOUT TOO HIT THE SHOREZ!!!

JuicySoil! & tiptopper
I am lovin' the support! truly do have a spot in this journal! Thanks! :Namaste:

Unfortunately I lost internet for the last two days!
But I got an update for you today!!

Yesterday was there official first daylight of the flowering schedule! 4/25

Here is how it went down!

50 Clones were taken from the aeroponic cloner into the 50 2L DWC-H (Inspired by Twelve12)
Yes! I did drop all of the first 50 in this method! I am about my shit like toilet paper! If we are gonna run the test we gonna run it for sure! Let's pioneer this method.. judging by his plant(s) they we're the healthiest I have seen! I am almost certain this will work! Faith is good! Also, I will be dropping a lot more clones in the next few days into the cloner to fill her up for the next drop aprox. 2 weeks from now

Green_146.jpg

Check out those roots! All of them lookin' good!

OH yeah ! before I forget to mention this was my first time cloning and I had a 100% success rate! 50/50! :high-five:
Now let the waves begin!!
Green_1561.jpg

Green_158.jpg

Green_154.jpg

Green_154.jpg

Green_151.jpg

Green_148.jpg

Loving! this setup! 41-46% Humidity and 73-75F

Green_165.jpg

I got two lights running right now! cranked one to 750watts and the other to 600 watts on the dim-able Lumatek ballast!
Going to crank it up to 1000k maybe tonight if they are looking good!

Major news!
BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS!
Has arrived!:
Green_166.jpg

Thank you Corey!!
Man these bottles LOOK AMAZING! Such cool neon colors! I am digging it!

Price of BPN's Elite 3-Part = 75$ aprox. after shippin and what not!
Price of Cyco Platinum Series Entire Line = 850$ + I know it was more just don't know if I want to remember or I simply don't remember

Let the comparisons! BEGIN!

p.s the first initial feeding was done by Cyco nutrients at 750 ppm! I felt as if it was high by Cyco runs high
judging by that do I want to feed BPN at that ppm when I switch the feeding from Cyco to BPN (It was only one feeding and the very first one, they needed it extremely they sat in the cloner for 2 weeks and were ready at a week and a half I was just waiting for the line and couldn't any longer.. but it should not make a difference being its the very first feeding) But the question remains.. do I feed at 700ppm with BPN?

25 of them will transfer to BPN hopefully they will adjust accordingly without complications!

:420:
:thanks:

Looks AWESOME SpiriThc :goodjob:
I would say you could lower them too around 500ppm, just be sure too flush once a week. The runoff from the flush will tell you a great deal. I was surpriced too see my ppm come out 1350 when feeding them 1100ppm. Just saying, worth keeping an eye on runoff when starting that high ppm, you dont want it too rise any higher in the bottles, dont burn them beauties bro :)
But D¤MN youre setup is so stellar man, Im sure your plants will grow up and B just as well! +REPS (whenIcanAgain ;) )

Thanks! Awesome yeah with the BPN switch I will start them off at 500-550PPM

don't understand why cyco PPM's are so high?.. but better to play it safe with the ones from BPN cause Corey and other's seem to have it pretty much nailed down! Experimenting is also learning so I will see how the cyco ones running at a higher ppm will come out.

This is so exciting!
Tonight I am going to try and set up my cO2 (connecting to my sentinel controller) and the carbon filter to the controller as well so when it emits c02 the filter will shut off (it is sooo powerful not a drop would get to the girls LOL)

can't wait to check on them and see how their first night went!

Will post another update of there second day in flowering later tonight!

Thanks for the support guys!

Hey spirithc, just caught on your journal and it looks great. You have a really nice setup, I'm excited to see the quality of the nugs coming out of that room. Subbed for the remainder, great job so far.

Back
Top Bottom