SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

re: SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

Hey Spirit, sorry I'm a little late, Brother, but all caught up & sub'd for the rest.

Great setup & great work, so far! :welldone:
+REPS!

Sorry to hear about the troubles in your personal life, and I'm a firm believer in doing what's right for YOU! Do what you gotta do and don't let ANYONE stand in the way of you reaching your goals. Of course, that means your ex is entitled to the same, so you'd BOTH need to have the same goals and want the same things out of life for it to work.

Either way, as you noted, you definately have a support network here on :420:
:goodluck:

Hey Spirit, sorry to hear about your troubles.

On the AC issue, what Jandre said is correct, for window units. But for portable units like you have, there are 2 hose connections on the back right? One brings in outside air to cool the unit and the other rejects the "now hot" outside air. This flow path should not mix with the room air and get any stink in it. The room air is sucked into the front of the unit, cooled and blown back out the front. From the last pic I saw, only one hose went "outside" (the attic for rejection of heat). The second hose also needs to exit the sealed room to bring in the air to cool the unit. It could come from the garage (probably cooler than the attic).

Makes sense on the a/c guys!

Yeah it has a dual port on for intake and one for exhaust ..so what I will do i run a duct from the garage (which is there is a window a/c unit there and it kept at 70 degrees) and pull in that air to the the a/c unit.. maybe that will help the overall performance on the a/c.. with two lights at 750watts its getting too hot! i dont understand because the a/c is a 14,000 btu which I thought is pretty much overkill..

:hmmmm:

oh well gotta try some things out..

also i gotta pick up a dehumidifier last night the temps and rH was way too high...

man i thought this room would maintain easy.. I cant imagine all plants and 3 1000khps on at the same time!

Thanks for the support guys!

Today is another difficult day but a lot better than the last few days.. The sun is shining and the wind is blowing..

I see my dream truck outside right now Ford F-150 "Raptor" 2012

A good way to remind me of the goals I have set in life..
Let's make this happen...

:420:
Thanks guys!

Hey Spirit, sorry to hear about your troubles.

On the AC issue, what Jandre said is correct, for window units. But for portable units like you have, there are 2 hose connections on the back right? One brings in outside air to cool the unit and the other rejects the "now hot" outside air. This flow path should not mix with the room air and get any stink in it. The room air is sucked into the front of the unit, cooled and blown back out the front. From the last pic I saw, only one hose went "outside" (the attic for rejection of heat). The second hose also needs to exit the sealed room to bring in the air to cool the unit. It could come from the garage (probably cooler than the attic).

OG13 Not to refute your statement, but, for this unit it is still the same. Inside air is cooled and returned to the inside. Outside air is used to remove heat from the condenser coils, and returned to the outside... The difference here is that the coils do not hang outside a window, or in the case of Central A/C an outside condenser unit, but reside inside the room and in the air that is supposed to be cooled, requiring the use of duct work to bring in outside air. The same basic principle is in place here, though. Notice I said nothing of WHERE the coils were, only where the air came from.
That is not how an A/C works... It takes inside air, forces it past cooled coils, (Evaporator coils remove heat) and pushes it back into the inside air. The rest of the heat exchange takes place outside. A separate fan blows outside air across heated coils (Condenser coils release heat) and back out into the outside air. Heat is literally moved from inside to outside within the sealed system and refrigerant... The air inside and outside never touch or change places.

SpiriTHC 14000 BTU is to cool 400-500 SqFt. assuming your ceiling is 8 feet and all is insulated. With a 10 foot ceiling that reduces your square footage to 300-350. No insulation in the walls and ceiling will also reduce the effectiveness of the unit. I'm not sure of your room dimensions, nor if their is insulation all around, even in the ceiling, so the A/C you have may be inadequate.

Also, the intake in the back is not to cool room air, it is intake over the condenser coils to remove the heat from the unit. If you do not duct that in from somewhere, you are removing air that your A/C unit previously cooled, running it over your condenser coils, and blowing it into your attic causing a massive cooling leak. If you remove air from a room, air has to come in from somewhere... That air could be a LOT warmer than you want and defeating the purpose of the unit altogether. As OG13 stated above, I would first duct the back intake to somewhere OUTSIDE the GR to see if that helps the cooling.

Thanks for the support guys!

Today is another difficult day but a lot better than the last few days.. The sun is shining and the wind is blowing..

I see my dream truck outside right now Ford F-150 "Raptor" 2012

A good way to remind me of the goals I have set in life..
Let's make this happen...

:420:
Thanks guys!

Did you have your Cap'n Crunch today?

You and the cap'n make it hap'n!

Sorry old commercial.

hahaha made me laugh with the captain!

The flower room was built 9x15 with an 8 foot ceiling
everything is insulated as well!

I am about to pick up a 70 pint dehumidifier at sears right now to keep the humidity low.. seems to be picking up with every feeding due to run off on the 2L ...

so 14,000btu is not enough?

hahaha made me laugh with the captain!

The flower room was built 9x15 with an 8 foot ceiling
everything is insulated as well!

I am about to pick up a 70 pint dehumidifier at sears right now to keep the humidity low.. seems to be picking up with every feeding due to run off on the 2L ...

so 14,000btu is not enough?

14000 is enough, you're working with 135 sq. ft. but you need to duct the back intake to an outside source, or you are blowing your cooled air outside. That back intake is not for A/C, it is for removing heat form the condenser coils in the back of the unit. I essence, right now, you are blowing your A/C into the attic.

14000 is enough, you're working with 135 sq. ft. but you need to duct the back intake to an outside source, or you are blowing your cooled air outside. That back intake is not for A/C, it is for removing heat form the condenser coils in the back of the unit. I essence, right now, you are blowing your A/C into the attic.

Actually he is working with 1080 sq. ft. if u include ceiling height. Jandre I am not an a/c tech. so when rating an a/c unit are they only talking length*width or do they factor in height as well? Solid info. either way tho.

Actually he is working with 1080 sq. ft. if u include ceiling height. Jandre I am not an a/c tech. so when rating an a/c unit are they only talking length*width or do they factor in height as well? Solid info. either way tho.
He is working with 135 sq. ft. If you include height it becomes 1080 CUBIC FEET, not square... Because the lay person doesn't know to include height, or doesn't know how, when A/C companies give ratings for their units, the area is stated, not the volume. This in the back end is figured for an 8 foot ceiling. This can be fairly accurate because cool air sinks and most of the time height doesn't matter much. But in this circumstance, there is good air circulation keeping the air even as possible from top to bottom, so I asked for height as well, and let him know that if there was a 10 foot ceiling, it would shrink the given area to offset the volume difference.

Hi SpriTHC,

I finally had the time to finish catching up and I'm subbed now, Looking forward to it :popcorn: ...wow things look really good. But as you're figuring out, as we all have had to figure out, theory can be much different than practice. I've had many problems with my environment too, many of us here have...but you have all the right equipment (great job) and the ability to rebuild your setup to optimum performance... I'm sure with all the help here you'll get your hvac issues dealt with and this grow will take off and blossom beautifully.

Real sorry to hear about your family/girl/house troubles that sucks. Try to wake up with a positive attitude everyday, that's what I do anyway...and we're all here for you, :hug: a good support system. Good vibes to you my friend, take care of yourself.

:passitleft:

So sorry about the lady troubles brother,
I can't and won't give any advice on the personal area other than to say that with any new love that come into your life and Im sure there will be many, make sure that they don't know about the grow if its not 100% within the boundaries of the local laws. Even then If I was to tell her she would have to be a very special lady friend. Before the MMJ laws came into effect, the best and largest busts that happened in our areas almost always stemmed from either some dirt bag trying to get out of a felony by informing on the grower /supposed friend he knew about, or a spurned and vengeful woman. The professionalism and dedication of the DEA or local law enforcement almost never plays a part in bringing a small grower down. Security, safety, secrecy and discipline man. I know growers that have been in the business for 30 plus years and all these long term dudes have those four things in common with their grows. They also all lead very low key, stable lifestyles. They don't drive BMWs (even though it is well within their means) they don't cheat on their wives and they never draw attention to themselves. These were all very hard thing to do when I was young but as a few of my friends proved the hard way; very, very important rules to live by. This forum is my only outlet for sharing my success and failure in the horticultural arena and I am very happy to have it.

On a lighter subject, your room and gear is f*cking outstanding man. You have everything to make many an awesome grow once it is dialed in. If I missed it I apologize, but have you considered just sealing your room? A closed circuit environment is what I have been moving towards ever since I leaned of the concept. I just need the Co2 controller and AC before I can leave passive intake behind me. A lot of the larger commercial grow ops in the BC area have gone to this style of room because it works very well. I'll PM you a link. You have all of the necessary equipment and all that you would need is some rearrangement of the duct work, seal up the room, and possibly, possibly, a larger AC.

It may be more of a power draw that you currently have but I think that the efficiency would pay off for you in the long run. Instead of venting your carbon filter air you would just seal the room and have the filter recirculating and scrubbing the air in the room. You wouldn't need nearly as high an airflow as you have now just 1/3cfm of your total room's cf would be enough, even then you could just cycle it on for a few hours a day or when you are tending the garden. The filter in this kind of room is more for spores and airborne contaminants than it is for smell. If your room has no leaks, you will have no smell outside of it. The Co2 injection eliminates the need for fresh air, and will only enrich your room when the plants deplete it. Your lights are already set up for this style of grow as their intake and outtakes are removed from your environment. The dehumidifier (another piece of equipment that I still need) would be your main source of RH control and the AC controls the temp. I think it would be a very easy transition for you and you would know within a few hours whether your AC could handle it or not.

If you don't want to seal then you really do need to get that filter up as high as you can get it. Hot air rises and cool air and Co2 sinks to the bottom of your room as I'm sure you know. As you and others already stated, it is working against you were it is now.

Again my apologies for the long post especially if you have already thought of this style of room and decided against it for one reason or another. And I did not mean to come off as the wise old man when it comes to women as I am definatly not that man. I just have two friends whos security went to shit when they became single. They worried for years about ex girlfriends whom they unwisely told or had happen upon their grows. Banging some strange is not worth all that.

Huge reps for a 1st time set up. I have really enjoyed your journal thus far and I am definitely subscribed.

Oh, and PPM of Co2, I don't have personal experience with it yet, the next grow will be the 1st with enrichment, but my friends run 1500ppm all through flower and cut it to 500 for the last 2 weeks. It works very well for them but they soil SOG not hempy grows.

Good luck and I can't wait for the results.

So sorry about the lady troubles brother,
I can't and won't give any advice on the personal area other than to say that with any new love that come into your life and Im sure there will be many, make sure that they don't know about the grow if its not 100% within the boundaries of the local laws. Even then If I was to tell her she would have to be a very special lady friend. Before the MMJ laws came into effect, the best and largest busts that happened in our areas almost always stemmed from either some dirt bag trying to get out of a felony by informing on the grower /supposed friend he knew about, or a spurned and vengeful woman. The professionalism and dedication of the DEA or local law enforcement almost never plays a part in bringing a small grower down. Security, safety, secrecy and discipline man. I know growers that have been in the business for 30 plus years and all these long term dudes have those four things in common with their grows. They also all lead very low key, stable lifestyles. They don't drive BMWs (even though it is well within their means) they don't cheat on their wives and they never draw attention to themselves. These were all very hard thing to do when I was young but as a few of my friends proved the hard way; very, very important rules to live by. This forum is my only outlet for sharing my success and failure in the horticultural arena and I am very happy to have it.
Too true. Anyone that was following Twelve12 will know this is, unfortunately, the biggest leak in security, even long after they're gone. DO NOT BRAG ABOUT YOUR GROW to neighbors, girlfriends, or anyone. The only reason my family knows about my grow is that I grow for my family. Otherwise, they wouldn't either.

Oh, and PPM of Co2, I don't have personal experience with it yet, the next grow will be the 1st with enrichment, but my friends run 1500ppm all through flower and cut it to 500 for the last 2 weeks. It works very well for them but they soil SOG not hempy grows.
1500?? Wow, that's high. Almost wastefully high. On the plus side, any critters that get in will die a quick death while hallucinating of happy things. Or is it 10000 for an hour for bug eradication? ugh.. it's been too long....

EDIT: it seems that Cannabis can handle up to 2000 safely, but for humans that's a headache in the making. so 1500 is just right. Sorry for the fuck-up, Mr. White.

I am not positive but I believe that 5000ppm is were it starts to be harmful to people / animals. I recognize that range of 1k to 2k as being in the beneficial zone of plants as well, but again I have no reference. I read way too much stuff to remember where it all comes from. Memory is very untrustworthy also, so I always research heavily before trying new things as I have no interest in reinventing the wheel. I have heard of raising to 10k for an hour to kill pests but no 1st hand knowledge. Reps for looking that up J.

I am not positive but I believe that 5000ppm is were it starts to be harmful to people / animals. I recognize that range of 1k to 2k as being in the beneficial zone of plants as well, but again I have no reference. I read way too much stuff to remember where it all comes from. Memory is very untrustworthy also, so I always research heavily before trying new things as I have no interest in reinventing the wheel. I have heard of raising to 10k for an hour to kill pests but no 1st hand knowledge. Reps for looking that up J.

hehe, Thank you. I hate to further misinformation and for some reason, if I post anything that I'm only 85% sure of, I will check it against no less than 6 other sources before I can leave it alone. It's kinda funny to watch me behind the keyboard. I'll start a post... pause... go check it with others... post... check it again.... edit sometimes... and apologize for anything that I incorrectly stated. My beloved laughs at me when I'm posting sometimes, because I'll hit "Post" before I mean to and do a frantic search trying to catch a mistake.

I just got caught up, and hope you don't mind me adding my 2 cents... First a disclaimer, my insomnia is acting up so I haven't slept in a couple days AND I'm medicated! :allgood:

First bro, let me say how sorry I am for what you are going through. BID is right though...when I look back at my life thus far, many devastating events caused an eventual change for the better, it just takes some time to heal so you can get there...and you're not alone.

As far as the room...I'm kind of confused as to your exact ventilation and A/C setup (insomnia+meds=:grinjoint:), but until I can go back and read through again. I would run it this way, air cooled hoods? Bring in air from outside the room, blow it through the hoods and vent it outside the room. Air conditioner...same thing fresh air from outside the room in and hot air vented outside the room. Crank the CO2 up to at least 1500 ppm, but remember the plants require higher temps to utilize the additional CO2... I'd have to look in one of the grow bibles to be sure, but mid to high 80s would be close to what you want. The CHHC-4's sensor that you hang in the canopy has a photo sensor so it knows what your photo period is and only runs CO2 when lights are on (no light = no photosynthesis = no CO2 used) then seal up the room and just run the carbon filter recirculating room air for scrubbing 24/7. Hook up the A/C to the A/C trigger on the environmental controller and let it do what it was designed to do! Just turn off the interconnect (or whatever they call it) so the cooling device will run with the CO2. Also, since you are using a tank, make sure you have "fuzzy logic" turned on, and don't forget that you'll have to dial the CO2 back late in flower or they'll never finish. I'm sure I forgot something...again, insomnia & meds! :)

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom