Step By Step Blueberry & Northern Lights Autos By Farside

Btw, this will be my real first auto, any advice on what to do and not do? I've read a couple things here and there but I hear different things. To top or not to top, LST, pruning? Your clearly experienced and confident where as me...not so much haha! Cheers!

As for topping, I did the Northerns but not the Blueberries. Somewhere around day 14 or the 3rd or 4th set of true leaves. The Blueberries were slow out of the gate so I didn't want to do anything to stunt them. The Northerns were growing fast so I did them. For me, I think its plant dependent. My Blueberry 1 has a very level top and a lot of potential colas and I barely even LST'd her.

LST - That's a big YES. With or without topping I would highly recommend it. Add ponytailing to that list too. About 4-6 hours a day for 4 days or so, until I see some additional undergrowth.

Pruning - I like to leave as much leaf on mine as possible. I see it as an engine for growth and a reservoir of mobile nutrients. I'll take off lower ones when they start to show that they are no longer beneficial, yellowing, etc. I may take off a couple of the inner ones too for better light penetration to the middle of the plant. I don't defoliate a bunch.

Thanks guys! I did see when you ponytailed earlier and remembered thinking that I hadn't heard of ponytailing until you mentioned it.

I made some mistakes early in my grow that stunted growth a little. Now I'm apprehensive about poking and prodding them too much. I'll find my happy medium. .

Thanks guys! I did see when you ponytailed earlier and remembered thinking that I hadn't heard of ponytailing until you mentioned it.

I made some mistakes early in my grow that stunted growth a little. Now I'm apprehensive about poking and prodding them too much. I'll find my happy medium. .

You're closing in on the finish. There's always the next grow. On my first couple I was so disappointed I felt like dumping them and starting anew. I resisted and rode it out. It's part of what gets you hooked on growing. Always looking to do something better the next time around.

You're closing in on the finish. There's always the next grow. On my first couple I was so disappointed I felt like dumping them and starting anew. I resisted and rode it out. It's part of what gets you hooked on growing. Always looking to do something better the next time around.

Your right man, I'm so looking forward to the next chapter and I'm still researching everything I think of. So glad I found your grow here man. Think I'm gonna dig into some of your older stuff and see what I can learn. Thanks brother!

Your right man, I'm so looking forward to the next chapter and I'm still researching everything I think of. So glad I found your grow here man. Think I'm gonna dig into some of your older stuff and see what I can learn. Thanks brother!

Just don't look at my old journals. LoL. My first one will show you what under fed plants look like, my second one will show mixed results, the third will show you how a great start can get totally FUBARed when your pH meter goes south and starts reading .7 too high so you unknowingly start feeding at way to low of a pH. All three are riddled with a bunch of incorrect assumption on what's going on/going wrong.. That's why I removed the links to them in my signature. The links start at grow 4 when I finally got things figured out.

Haha okay man, it's kinda nice you know for new guys to see a more experienced growers humble beginnings.

Look at them all you want. It will make you feel better about your grow. Especially my first grow. 5 plants and probably less than 3 ounces combined (not enough light and too little nutrition). Just don't trust any of the diagnosis in those threads. That's where I think Autos can be even more challenging than photos. The time table is shortened and any mistake is magnified since there is less time to recover.

Step By Step Blueberry & Northern Lights Autos By Farside

See I just ordered northern lights autos and was planning on trying autos for the first time. I feel a little more confident for my next grow. I will need to study more about LST and stuff so I can improve my yield and depending on how well my current grow does, I might add another Mars II 400.

Day 36 - Everything continues on a nice path. That little plant, BB2 can't stop stretching. Everything else has a nice even canopy except for one cola on BB2 that's a good 4 inches above everything else.

IMG_20170603_191237.jpg

IMG_20170603_191306.jpg

IMG_20170603_191214.jpg

Day 38 - The Northerns got their gallon of bloom feed this AM. The Blueberries will probably need theirs tomorrow. It's kind of nice having them drink on different days, it spreads out the work load. BB2's main cola keeps stretching, I hope she stops soon. NL1 is starting to stack bud and fill in some space.

IMG_20170605_160527.jpg

IMG_20170605_160554.jpg

IMG_20170605_160616.jpg

Are you using tiger nut how many times a week do you feed your plants with nutrients ?

See page 3, post 40 for my feed schedule. They get nutes every feed and right now they are drinking a gallon about every 3 days.

Day 39 - Blueberries got their gallon of feed this AM. BB1 is stretching and now both of the Blueberries have overtaken the Northerns. The Northerns are fattening up more. The smell from the tent is increasing although it's nowhere near what I expect it to be in another week to 10 days. There is a slight fragrance of pine and musky wild berries. It's intoxicating.

IMG_20170606_183226.jpg

Growing fast Farside

Yes they are. Started out growing autos and had hit and miss results while I learned. Ran a couple photo grows and did very well. Came back to the autos this go around and am having the success I had with the photos. Pretty sure I'll equal my photo plants yield with this grow and will cut 4 weeks off of the process. Not too shabby. These Blueberries are the surprise to me. They were behind the Northerns the whole way, but this last week they have gone nuts. Now I have to figure what to grow next. I should work out of inventory before buying more seeds. I have on hand:

2-Sweet Trainwreck Auto
2-Sweet Cream Caramel Auto
1-Dinafem Critical Plus Auto
2-Pyramid Northern Lights Auto
1-Zambeza Blueberry Auto
1-Dinafem White Cheese Auto
2-Dinafem OG Kush Photo
1-Royal Queen Sour Diesel Photo
1-Royal Queen Painkiller XL Photo
1-Delicious Candy Photo

Back
Top Bottom