Stick A Pineapple Where The Sun Don't Shine - In A Grow Box!

Okey Dokey, Folkey...
The little ones are coming along slowly but surely.. And the stuntees are finally moving again. Pretty well, actually. They've both been topped, and are very green and healthy looking.
Have re-potted all 6 into their final homes; the seedlings looked insanely tiny at first but they have all taken to the new pots pretty quickly, once again relieving my doubts about my soil mix.
The first two, seems like they were defo stressed from the upcan, so once again, completely my fault. The other seeds are growing slowly enough to make me wonder about other things, and I'll get to that soon. Otherwise, it is all going ok again, albeit slowly. I'm about to miss my harvest-before-xmas window, at least on paper, if you assume a minimum 7 weeks required.. Still possible, but with a couple sativa-strains, ie Arjans Haze and at least 1-2 Tuts, that could easily blow out to 9-10 weeks...
I've decided I don't care. If I get long-stay visitors, I'll shut the light down for the duration, which would be no more than a night or 2 anyway, but leave the fans on. I want the small ones bigger. With the 6 in there, they won't be allowed to get too big. But an extra half-zip; maybe full extra zip??? mite be worth the effort, esp with at least 1 (I'm now thinking 2) Tut, 1-2 Pineapple Chunks and another Choc Mint. 2-4 zips is what I want, so we'll see.

Pics..

These are from over the last few weeks. I honestly thought I'd been here more recently that that, but post dates don't lie! I only work part time at the moment and I'm trying to get a gardening/mowing business up and running (20 years too late but whatever), and between that and chores/jobs/projects at home etc... Well. Where does the time go? I hate getting older. Scoff if you will, all you under 30's, but I guarantee the scariest phenomenon I can associate with the aging process is the time travel. And by that I mean the lightning-fast, forward only, momentum time seems to self-generated with every week over 40 you are.. Xmas in under 10 weeks. Didn't I just harvest some weed?? No, that was 3 MONTHS AGO!!! Not too mention the constant pain in every joint, muscle, tendon, hair follicle... At work, I currently use a petrol-powered hedge-trimmer about 6 hours a day, usually at chest height or higher, which was nothing 20 years ago but now... I consider myself pretty fit and in good shape for 45 after a life time of physical work outdoors, and I'm melting fat still (love handles at the back are proving stubborn) but I'm staring to think that the fat has become structural, because the more that comes off, the more pain I'm in!!
Sorry, back to pics..

PICS!!

These are from over the last few weeks (did someone say time-travel?). Note if you can the pots marked AJ and CHM.. Plus the 2 bigger "original" plants. The shittiest, most ironic part of this particular epic journey is that during the repot of the 4 seedlings last week, 2 of them were compromised: not sure which strains anymore (at the time, I swore a lot and the red mist descended), but 2 got stuck in the little pots and had their rootballs torn apart. After I talked myself out of suicide, and then out of taking an axe to the grow box, then out of stomping the seedlings into the dust, then out of getting fall-down, drooling drunk (at 7:43am on a tuesday morning!), I calmed down and said "Fuck it. If they die, they die."
The irony part is that none of them missed a beat, and tripled in size in 4 days. The other part of the irony is that I was SO sure I was being SO CAREFUL with the first ones that stunted for seemingly no reason; where as these 2 latest disaster-rootballs were FUCKED. I mean literally in half, with stringy-root-bits everywhere.. Bear in mind that these seedlings were tiny, and I only attempted the upcan because i was planning to flip soon, which would have been 2-3 days ago, and didn't want to mess with them during flower.... So what DID happen with the first ones???????????????? Someone tell me.
I have also put the small light back in the box. I thought that the big one might've been too much, which is contrary to the last grow, which seemed to thrive in all that light..Ah, the joys of indoor gardening. Ok.

PICS, DAMMIT!!!!

91016.jpg

91016_2.jpg

91016_3.jpg

91016_4.jpg

91016_5.jpg

91016_6.jpg

91016_7.jpg

91016_8.jpg

91016_9.jpg

181016_.jpg

181016_2.jpg

181016_3.jpg

181016_4.jpg

181016_5.jpg

181016_6.jpg

221016.jpg

221016_2.jpg

221016_3.jpg

221016_4.jpg

221016_5.jpg

221016_6.jpg

221016_7.jpg

221016_8.jpg

221016_9.jpg

221016_10.jpg

221016_11.jpg

221016_12.jpg

231016.jpg

231016_2.jpg

231016_3.jpg

231016_4.jpg

Ok, so the first ones are pre-upcan obviously.. See how well they took to new pots. It has inspired me to push on with a bit more veg time. Just another week or 2. It will get hot closer to harvest so it will also be a chance to see how a summer grow might go in the cab. Committed now. (Or maybe I should be....)

Ok. And back to what I said earlier about thinking about other things..... I took the plunge and bought:

Darkside.jpg

In spite of the HUGE choice in nutes which, frankly, was just confusing me, comment after comment after review after review in the interwebs mentioning/recommending GH Flora series as arguably the best nutes money can buy for simplicity, especially for a beginner like me, not to mention GH reputation in general, covinced me to go with the Flora. And the price. $70 for the 3 parts + silica. I already had the Vegan Booster..
I got the silica because I reckon it'll help with a hot, stressed out cabinet, and I read at least 8 times people saying they don't even use calmag with the Flora, cos Flora Micro is so good. I guess we'll see about that. But the main (only) reason I am crossing to the Darkside is the extra speed in veg I am expecting to see. Even the hydro shop guys reckon they grow outdoors fully organically; one of them even uses my "style" of coco/compost/perlite, but indoors use nutes cos; and I paraphrase a bit here, "..in 4 weeks you'll have the same size plants as 6-8 weeks in soil". I guess we'll also see about that, but that's what I'm going for. I'm going to use only coco/perllite, maybe 80/20% or possibly 60/40%; I wanna water everyday or every 2 days, get those nutes in there and working...
With me, as ever, it'll be a case of 'the best laid plans...', but it's all learning so I don't mind. I AM a bit sick of the seeds-not-germing lessons, and the be-careful-when-you-transplant lessons (even tho that lesson seems to change seed-to-seed)....
Ultimately, I want some buds every 3-4 months like the rest of us. If the new to me, more common "hydro" way of doing that proves faster or better or easier or more productive, then sold...
As always, we'll see..
Cheers!

Just as an epilogue; yes I am using the new nutes on the current soil, which is why I want an extra week or 2, see if I cant get some solid growth happening..
And yes I will be buying calmag, just thought that the silica was more important in the short term with the heat coming on. Being realistic, I'll probably need it no matter what.
And yes; I do realise that I'll need a good pH meter (dammit) and I guess I should get an EC meter as well.. Though our water is pretty good here.. It's not Colorado water, granted, but still pretty good....
If anyone in Aus can tell me where to get GOOD pH/EC meters that don't cost shitloads, that'd be a help... Even a brand name will help. If "good" ones cost $100, then so be it. But I'm hoping for no more than... say $35-50..
Thanks!

Wtf!!! This seems bizarre.. Scott's Monsanto Bayer world controlling, I won't continue :rofl: Coming along mate.. Had a new thread up for a while, thought I gave invite? Anyways, be good to see you over..

Hey cheers, Grizz..
I know; I felt like a total hypocrite when I handed over the money but what the hell; so I'm a total sell out. I'd sell my grandma for bigger buds..
I mean, it'd be a bit of work digging her up, but...weed!
Seriously, I'll give anything a go, and this Flora stuff can be used in soil, too. I wanna do one proper grow with the chems, just to see how it goes, maybe with a soil side-by-side..
Does Monsanto own GH? Holy shit I just looked it up. No idea.
Um.
That does kinda piss me off. I'm gonna use these nutes for a while (cos I already paid. I'm not rich enough to throw them out yet) but they won't be used up quickly at the 1.5ml p/litre I'm mixing.
Shit. Grizz, I was looking at the Lifeforce stuff, which looks good, but the GH was about half price based on quantities. I swear I woulda bought the Lifeforce if I hadda known about monsanto. Plus I didn't have to wait at the mailbox for the GH.
Really am a sell out! Easy to make a stand in writing but I personally think that zyklon-b is reason enough to never use monsanto/bayer/etc..not that you have much choice. I honestly didn't know they owned GH. That's how little I know about hydro..
Also, didn't know about your other thread, so sorry about that! I'll head over quick to yours now and say gday..
Cheers, Weasel. I'll see you in a minute yoo.

Gday mate, dont be too hard on yourself for buying GH :rofl: I am the same, had no idea who or what monsanto was before buying it but the product does work well, as far as i know they bought the company from scotts but recipe stayed the same. I know it sux giving them pricks our money but when it comes down to it, the fuckers own everything!
Subbed back in mate, plants are looking good bro :thumb:

No worries, Tank. Good to have ya. Not much to see yet... That 1 Pineapple is lucky to be here! But she's looking good now so fingers crossed..!

Gday mate, dont be too hard on yourself for buying GH :rofl: I am the same, had no idea who or what monsanto was before buying it but the product does work well, as far as i know they bought the company from scotts but recipe stayed the same. I know it sux giving them pricks our money but when it comes down to it, the fuckers own everything!
Subbed back in mate, plants are looking good bro :thumb:

Cheers, Feral. Yeah no use fighting the Power these days; it's only a few blokes that own everything!

Hey cheers, Grizz..
I know; I felt like a total hypocrite when I handed over the money but what the hell; so I'm a total sell out. I'd sell my grandma for bigger buds..
I mean, it'd be a bit of work digging her up, but...weed!
Seriously, I'll give anything a go, and this Flora stuff can be used in soil, too. I wanna do one proper grow with the chems, just to see how it goes, maybe with a soil side-by-side..
Does Monsanto own GH? Holy shit I just looked it up. No idea.
Um.
That does kinda piss me off. I'm gonna use these nutes for a while (cos I already paid. I'm not rich enough to throw them out yet) but they won't be used up quickly at the 1.5ml p/litre I'm mixing.
Shit. Grizz, I was looking at the Lifeforce stuff, which looks good, but the GH was about half price based on quantities. I swear I woulda bought the Lifeforce if I hadda known about monsanto. Plus I didn't have to wait at the mailbox for the GH.
Really am a sell out! Easy to make a stand in writing but I personally think that zyklon-b is reason enough to never use monsanto/bayer/etc..not that you have much choice. I honestly didn't know they owned GH. That's how little I know about hydro..
Also, didn't know about your other thread, so sorry about that! I'll head over quick to yours now and say gday..
Cheers, Weasel. I'll see you in a minute yoo.

About the half price with quantities, remember that's for a fortnight, not feed every watering.. All good mate, thought it strange and that you might not have known.. They don't own everything, your soul, oh hang on you brought their products, read the fine print, maybe they do...

Sorry, what's that? Only feed once per fortnight?? I've fed 2 this week... They look great, though. Powering, finally.
I thought nutes were every feed... I was gonna do one plain water per week....

Life force is once a fortnight.... stuff your using grows good plants man. I think that's what nassa used to grow on space station (memory might be off?) I blame feral and Blaze. Everybody almost forgot how well that stuff works, lol...

Cool. Yeah you got it right; apparently this is all NASA use.. That's part of why I bought it. Keep reading how good it is..
That Lifeforce stuff looks great as well. Didn't realize you only needed a little bit.. Will give it a crack when I need more.

Speaking of Blaze, I gotta track him down and say gday..

Life force now have a range directed for medicinal cannabis.. 777 found it.. They have a download how to use it also...

Life force now have a range directed for medicinal cannabis.. 777 found it.. They have a download how to use it also...

That's cool... Got a link by any chance? I'll have a look now..
PS just read the last few pages of Blazes thread.. That sucks. Good Luck, dude.

For the GH Flora nutes i use them at half strength and in soil or coco id only feed once a week (sometimes stretch it out to 2-3 weeks, i usually wait till the fans start looking a little pale compared to normal), plain water inbetween feeds, mine is a constant feed because its a DWC system and doesnt hold nutrients in the medium, soil or coco will get a buildup of nutes with constant feedings and will result in lockouts :thumb: Plus there is no need to waste nutes :)

eidt.... should have added..
You will have to feed them more the bigger they get but in veg you dont need much at all :thumb:

Ha cheers Grizz.. Just found it... Interesting stuff...

Sweet cheers Fez! Straight perlite, you'd feed everyday but coco will hold some salts, so more flushing then feeding.. Cool!
I'm trying to only use the bare minimum anyway. Only mixing 2 litres at a time, so hard to read that half a ml on the syringe with my shitty old eyes.. Need to buy a few more. Or wear my glasses..
Nah. New syringes!

Back
Top Bottom