Stick A Pineapple Where The Sun Don't Shine - In A Grow Box!

Not really flushing but giving them what they need :thumb: you dont want to overwater and wash all them nutes out hehe. I grab a whole heap of 3ml droppers from the hydro shop, usually throw them in for free but heaps easier to see than them syringes, my only issue is seeing the numbers on the side, usually give them a quick scrape over with a permanent marker to highlight them :rofl: after using them a while you get the hang of the measurements anyways.
Running clay balls here, by the time i top up with water during the week they are rinsed clean and dont get salty buildup :)

Moxie Viper Cookies, grown 1/2 strength all the way through, has lived off plain unPHd tap water for the past 3 and a half weeks, harvested last night, Day 79 :thumb:

Screenshot_1603.png

:passitleft:

Awesome. I like how green it is. My soil plants never go yellow, and it always shits me cos I keep thinking its a bad thing... Seeing yours just now it kinda clicked. Just a healthy plant..!
Cheers

I'll flush with tap but then run some distilled to finish and strip the medium... My taps just under 100ppm. I'd like more fade. Should stop feeding a week earlier but that's when the swell is in full gear..

Yeah Grizz I'm the same.. Try to give em what they need.. Or what I think they need.. I'm not sure I'm a believer in letting the plants tell me what they need.. I'd rather know they've got it. The hydro nutes will be a learning experience for me, that's for sure. Be a good way to learn to speak "Weed".
Still, you see some guys with some just awful looking scraggly dying things with awesome buds and I think; well, maybe I should stop nutes a month early! Hard in organic, too, when you're tryin to set up a long-term healthy "environment", even if it all just ends up in the 'old soil bin'.. I reuse all my soil, mostly in the yard pot plants and they all love it.. Lots of natural nutrition is gonna means no yellowing. It's a good thing, soil-wise... But is it the best for weed? Or should I say buds?? I mean in the way the flowers mature and ripen indoors..

I'm going to try and reuse my soil, see how it goes..I'll have it in bins for three months then amend it and use again, thinking six month turn around.. If it's no good, I'll be going straight perlite....

I'm going to try and reuse my soil, see how it goes..I'll have it in bins for three months then amend it and use again, thinking six month turn around.. If it's no good, I'll be going straight perlite....

Sorry, Grizz went to bed! Go for it. Worst case is you use it to pot up an eggplant or tomato or whatever.. I leave the root balls in, then some amendments; rock dust, eggshell and EWC, water in some weak gogo or or charlie carp, lid on, walk away.. The last lot is now about 3 months old and looks good. Smells great; just a clean soil smell. I add a bit more compost/coco/perlite, maybe some crushed pellets or gypsum/dolomite; that's some nice soil.

Speaking of which, the plants suddenly look fantastic. The Pineapple Chunk has gone bananas. Or pineapples... Whatever, it's exactly where it shoulda been 6 weeks ago.. Cest la vie..
The little ones are smashing it. Compare the CMH (in the red pot) now with the first upcan shots on pg4 I think.. I thought it would die, it was so tiny. Now, it's like it was only a week old, except under ideal conditions! Total shame to not let these veg longer, but there's not much I can do..Xmas visitors notwithstanding, the heat is gonna be my biggest issue. I'm gonna add another 4 pc fans, for a total of 8 ...should be overkill, so we'll see..
Shots from this arvo...

20161027_164352.jpg

20161027_164357.jpg

20161027_164415.jpg

20161027_164425.jpg

20161027_164421.jpg

20161027_164557.jpg

The PC has just exploded, so this grow (and my precious title) won't be a total write-off..
The bigger one behind it, ?!; not sure.. Very sativa looking, bit slower.. I did hack at it a bit more (failed FIM, then topped!).. Hoping for the TUT, could be MAYBE a Super Lemon Haze.. I really wanna try some good SLH, but I don't need an 11 week flower-er..
All good at this point. Flip this weekend or next weekend...

You're on, Spook! I know the PC is a quick one, so I bet one big fat Pineapple joint that I'll win!

God, that last pic... PC is growing about half an inch a day right now; has been for the last week-since upcan.. Shits me how it got stunted..
I wanna Flux her LA style... It's halfway there! Almost..

And PS... All those small ones are up to the 4th, and in one case, going on 5th node... I don't get it..

Rip the bottom couple off, then they only two nodes..

Cheers, Grizz was thinking about that as an experiment.. Why not? If I go the extra week, I'm gonna top the 2 big ones again just for fun. Never done that, and only an ounce or two to lose at this point!

Hope you don't mind if I pull up a seat Santb. Pineapple Chunk is one of my favourite strains and was going to do a run of them next year

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Almost forgot to ask, Tank.. I notice you're in the Sunshine State... What seedbank do you use?

Your going to mainline it? Got space to veg for four months?

Seedsman dude. And couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Cheers, dude.. Been looking at their Sugar Haze. Looks ok, good reviews.. No probs to QLD? Stealth ok?

Your going to mainline it? Got space to veg for four months?
Nah; maybe one day. That pic just reminded me of it. God I'd love to try a huge one like LA though..

Shit shit shit you exploded. LOL It's so on! I just got some new lights today might add that to outdoor to speed up nights :p

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Spookster (I love your name, by the way.. Wish I'd thought of it), these pics are for you. PC is going nuts.. The other one is the first mystery seed; leaves are looking much more indica-like, not as bushy... Maybe a TUT??

Just 24 hours after the last photo..
20161028_161340.jpg

20161028_161345.jpg

20161028_161844.jpg

20161028_161851.jpg

These two above are the 2 mains of the PC. Should I top them again? What do youse reckon?

20161028_162001.jpg

20161028_161952.jpg

20161028_162023.jpg

These last ones are the ?1. Not as bushy or vigorous but doing well.

The other little ones got topped except the Choc Mint.. She is still a bit small and I didn't want to risk her but the rest, I thought "Bugger it."
I need to learn..
They were all stripped of lower 1/2 nodes..
Cheers, guys!

Cheers, Tank. It might be between them and Herbies.. Had Herbies not get through but that was a couple years ago..

So just for fun, here's a couple pics of the last 4 rootballs, with some amendments and compost, 3 months later.

20161029_081815.jpg

20161029_081833.jpg

And for Weasel, about 4 months or so too late, cos it never occurred to me at the time, this is the difference between the old coco I was using,
20161029_081908.jpg

..and the new coco I'm now using..
20161029_081901.jpg

Both side by side, both out in the open for about a week now after thorough soaking..
20161029_081853.jpg

They're like chalk and cheese looks-wise; what I was saying about "finish" way back then!... The new stuff stays wetter longer; or rather the new stuff seems to dry more evenly. Cost increase was negligible; I use the 'bricks'. The old stuff will be used outside.. New stuff is for weed and pet-projects.. Currently working on making a "pot" out of an old, huge tree-stump..been burning it out the last 3 weekends to make holes big enough for some roots.. To keep this on topic, I'll mix my nice, new coco with some old MJ rootballs and compost and walk away and enjoy... Got a semi-bonsai'd fig that I dug out of someones roof-gutter years ago and have been training to go in there... Will post a pic in correct gallery when it happens...

Back
Top Bottom