Stick A Pineapple Where The Sun Don't Shine - In A Grow Box!

Spookster (I love your name, by the way.. Wish I'd thought of it), these pics are for you. PC is going nuts.. The other one is the first mystery seed; leaves are looking much more indica-like, not as bushy... Maybe a TUT??

Damn man you sure are an aggressive pruner. I learnt a lot we are racing so I wasn't sure whether to tell you this but your copper training wires are probably toxic to plants. I dont know that for sure another guy did it I told him and then it was confirmed it though Search thread if you want keyword: Iran. You got me nervous about your quick growth. As for topping advice I wont tell you how to flip burgers lol.

I posted photos tonight I dropped you a time reference in my journal.

Enjoy :)

Cheers, Spookies will head over now for a look..
Thanks for the advice re the copper.. I have been warned before!! It is just too handy and easy to use as i have a bit lying around.. I think it's mostly the oxidation of the copper that is the biggest problem, rather than the copper itself.. At least in the short-term, but I am no scientist. I know I should stop using it... I'll replace these with string before flip.

Hopefully I'm not old enough to be your Grandfather, but I used to wear one of those too.. Green and black crap all over the place.. Apparently good for humans..
But you (and CannaMontana said the same thing about the copper in my other journal) have a point about the copper in the soil.. I gotta stop taking easy options and then wondering where mystery problems come from; the copper will be replaced today..

Yes it is apparently good for humans. Even though we have iron based blood so I'm not sure why... spiders use a copper based blood to transport oxygen around. I saw this crappy movie where the aliens were killed using shampoo because of the selenium compound in there because they were silicon based life forms instead of carbon based and selenium was in the same relative place as arsenic on the periodic table lol. Anyways sorry to digress.
I don't think you would be that old compared to me . spooky

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah sounds like about the same... Getting older too quick!

Damn man you sure are an aggressive pruner.

I topped the big ones again this morning! Gonna flip in 4-7 days, depending on response to that.. Might top CMH if she gets a little bigger by Tuesday morning....

just trying stuff out, Never topped a plant twice before, and although this grow is working out kinda now, it was almost a write-off because of my No-Grow-In-Summer plans.. I was originally planning to be halfway through flowering by now!
Now that there is no way to avoid the heat, I just gotta push through, so all bets are off. Might as well try some stuff, be aggressive.. Sort of!
I'm gonna double my extraction, and add internal circulation "strip" fans, which will be 3-4 PC fans in a line on each side of the cab at staggered heights to direct the flow of air in an 'S' pattern side to side, bottom to top extraction fans.. Fairly straight forward and cheap enough to do. Will it all work?? I guess we'll find out. It should do. I'm probably making too much of a bit deal out of it; must be plenty of people who grow on a budget in hot humid places..

I'm gonna double my extraction, and add internal circulation "strip" fans, which will be 3-4 PC fans in a line on each side of the cab at staggered heights to direct the flow of air in an 'S' pattern side to side, bottom to top extraction fans.. Fairly straight forward and cheap enough to do. Will it all work?? I guess we'll find out. It should do. I'm probably making too much of a bit deal out of it; must be plenty of people who grow on a budget in hot humid places..

Thats the spirit. Bets aren't off you lose haha just kidding. Sorry been watching Star Trek. No... good show very impressive growing in your climate period. Your plan sounds very impressive I'm sure its well thought through and will help you accomplish what you want to achieve.

Look forward to seeing some photos.

Yeah, that would be ideal, Tank.. Outdoors is different..plenty fresh air; the plant will adapt quickly to any given situation once established.. But indoors, in a little wooden box, with humidity spikes and what-not.. Should be a learning experience if nothing else!!
My cab is good, but not very big, really. Last grow 4 plants was too many. 6 now is a bit of a joke! But they won't get huge.. I thought at least 1 more would die! Another 2 didn't pop, so just as well..
It'll be cool. More vent should help. I'm just too tight to pay for a real fan! Plus they're too loud. Mind you, I'm now planning to have like maybe 12-16 PC fans running, so... Hopefully the whole cab doesn't just vibrate out the door one day..

OK Guys, quick update...
Forgot to remove/replace copper like I said I would, whenever that was, so did it monday morning. Got some photos at the time, and this morning.
I'm probably at bingo for size right now, at least the PC is pretty much there...
This PC is beautiful. Getting my hopes up again! She has a great structure, nice and open, a dream to train. I reckon I've got at least 1 more in there also, so stoked about that possibility.

For everyone's info, BTW: Seedsman Cannabis Seeds are giving away 1 Pineapple Chunk for every 10 EURO spent, in addition to other freebies, If you pay with Bitcoin (BTC). Great deal, and not hard to spend a few Euros!! (Seedsman turned out to be a Site Sponsor, so I can do this..! Extra freebies for the shout-out, Seedsman????:thumb::tokin::cheesygrinsmiley:)

Anyway, pics.

20161031_063821.jpg

20161031_063826.jpg

20161031_063842.jpg

Look at how sweet she trains up.. Good branches, nice spacing, plenty of room inside for air and light.. I'm a fan of this strain, and it'll be a regular..

20161031_064520.jpg

20161031_064529.jpg

20161031_064535.jpg

20161031_064542.jpg

20161031_064815.jpg

20161031_064801.jpg

20161031_064821.jpg

20161031_064826.jpg

20161031_064837.jpg

20161031_064851.jpg

Those were all taken yesterday morning early.

Today, we see this.
20161101_061908.jpg

20161101_062012.jpg

20161101_062018.jpg

20161101_062110.jpg

20161101_062140.jpg

Plus, I got to top the Choc Mint!!
20161101_062221.jpg

20161101_062227.jpg

20161101_062308.jpg

I'll give the Choc Mint a few days to recover, re-train the big ones, and flip probably saturday night. YAY!!

Question for the experts..
How do you, or would you guys produce seeds.... Colloidial Silver? (I know Grizz doesn't like that stuff!), or just some some good regs and take the scenic route...???
Looking at Seedsman the other day (where I got the BTC info); couple of their freebies ATM (Halloween specs. Ends today) are some White Widow fems AND regs (GOOD reviews; Seedsman apparently have a very good, original version..), along with my possible order of some Afghan Kush regs, would it be worth trying to pollinate a few favourite fems seeds? I realize that it's not quite as simple as that, and we're looking at months, if not years, to get GOOD results but surely say a fem Pineapple C pollinated with an Afghan dad would produce some decent weed seeds?? Then one of those crossed back with another PC fem would make a MOSTLY Pineapple C seed, right?
If I'm at least on the right track, then that's all I need. Keep me in seeds of at least half decent gear; keep me learning and busy, and I can still buy fem seeds of specific strains anyway..
Won't bother if ya'll reckon I'm wasting time... But I'm already building the "Pollen Cab" in my head.. Already got a light...
Cheers!

Looking awesome mate :thumb: Fem seeds you can do a few ways, CS is the easiest and most popular, can also be done with ga3 (gibberellic acid) or STS (silver thiosulfate). Another way would be to stress the plant and turn it hermy which will then throw off fem pollen (big difference between a forced hermy and a herm from seed) or you could wait till flowering is finished and leave a few buds to over-ripen which will then turn hermy and drop fem pollen (Rodelization) :thumb:

Seedsman is a good bank, they send quick and usually in breeders packs, still got their Halloween promo going if you are quick ;)

when crossing strains it will not always turn out to be 50-50 in genetics, for example you will find some phenos closer to afghan and others more like PC, will be a case of growing out a few of the new seeds and picking your pheno to continue working with. although it will be more like one than the other they still call this a 50-50, then if you backcrossed one of these seeds with the original PC, would then be 75%, backcross again with orig PC and would be around 88% PC and so on, this is how they got the original Cinderella 99, 99 being the percentage of cindy in the breed hence the p75, c88 etc

Cheers, Spooks. Yeah it had to be done.. Also, I gave em another feed today; they're looking good, so flip will be as planned for saturday. They'll all just fit, I reckon!

Thanks, Fezza!! Hope you are well, bloke. I think I'm gonna go the CS route. Bit faster. Bit easier. I love the idea of playing with regs; been thinking about it for years.. But with me, it'll end up becoming yet another half-hearted side-project, and the real grows will suffer, and all I want is a steady supply of personal use amounts.. So CS it is! Even an extra few seeds from 1 bud of any given plant would make it worth it.. Better than cloning for me (for now), at the cost of one seed/plant to produce shit-loads of pollen.
You talked me into it!! Well, that and the time saved.. Also, I missed the boat on the WW seeds waiting for my BTC account stuff to go thru. You gotta verify your ID here, like a normal bank account. Worth it for all those Pineapple Chunk seeds!

There's a lot of fat green leaves in the cab at the mo', so I'm hoping for a 'brace' of Pineapples. I love the stuff, and it's only my own home-grown, sub-par stuff I've tried.. Very strong, beautiful, delicious smell, what's not to love??
The fly in the ointment is the Arjans Haze. Doing very well in the corner, she's pushing out leaves and nodes and loving life. Noticeably slower and less bushy. She's gonna stretch, so super-cropping is on the cards.. And I like it! I've been waiting for an excuse to try it but was a bit nervous about it... But I keep breaking branches and the mature plants don't notice.. I've split 3 down the middle now, and they don't miss a beat if you're quick enough with some tape..and even if you're not, the plant will survive.
So bring on some lankiness, Arj'. I'm waiting..

I gave the whole CS route a go, had some results with pollen but didnt really give it a good go, had too many flowering plants to risk keeping it going, I have a male Sour D in my veg tent right now i will keep going till i free up some space and might run it in the small tent with some of my fav's. Right now i find it easier just to keep cloning what i have going, takes a lot less time to get going than a seed, cuts about a month out of the process if you ask me ;) Im just cheering my Atomic pulled through from its reveg and now have one outside and one indoors, same with White Jack, both stand way above and beyond anything else ive grown :)

Back
Top Bottom