Stihl Logger's Shiney Space Box Full Of Randoms - In Dirt Under CFLs

I bet the pond water babies surprise you. All those living microbes are going to have a field day with the soil.

I bet the pond water babies surprise you. All those living microbes are going to have a field day with the soil.

My outdoor should be one for the books. Its just an amazing spot. We have a 14 acre pond, rolling hills, big fields. When we shut down operation in this reclaimed gravel bed we turned it into a family recreation hot spot. Its spring fed, we pounded a 7'' iron well tile into the hard pan horizontaly that water falls into the pond. I drink this water at work all summer. Ill go down to the pond and smoke a j, fill up my 2.5 gal water jug for work right out of the fresh clean sparkling spring. All my outdoor was always fed with the pond water or spring water. just depended on how far I felt like strollin that day. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My outdoor should be one for the books. Its just an amazing spot. We have a 14 acre pond, rolling hills, big fields. When we shut down operation in this reclaimed gravel bed we turned it into a family recreation hot spot. Its spring fed, we pounded a 7'' iron well tile into the hard pan horizontaly that water falls into the pond. I drink this water at work all summer. Ill go down to the pond and smoke a j, fill up my 2.5 gal water jug for work right out of the fresh clean sparkling spring. All my outdoor was always fed with the pond water or spring water. just depended on how far I felt like strollin that day. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Dude that sounds awesome! I would never want to leave if I strolled down there before work lol

I can't wait LOGGER. Sounds like it will be an epic experiment. I hope you include pictures of the scenery you described so we can all be jealous.

I can't wait LOGGER. Sounds like it will be an epic experiment. I hope you include pictures of the scenery you described so we can all be jealous.

Photos a plenty there will be my friends! Worry not about that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Got it safely home and tied up out front where it belongs. :high-five:
What a relief! I can get on with my life again.
CaptainB I considered putting flotation on it for a speedier tow, after seeing how it was last night. The reality was though that even though I ran out there in the dark early this morning- it was already floating on the tide and I wasn't going to be able to do much more with it. Turned out to be a nice easy tow. Only a couple hours- a good bit of fog on the ocean this morning too- always nice for privacy in case somebody passes by and sees something to make them jealous.
I have a 60" bar. I can only mill about 50" boards with it. I may try and save for a bigger one- but then I'll need a bigger saw as well- and things get slightly more complicated. Sucks sharpening those chains if you ever hit a rock or something, and it's that much easier to overheat and toast the bar.
I should be able to get some nice wide edge grain slabs out of this one. Sometime in the future though- I'm a little tired of this beast right now.

Good to hear, job well done, guts & fortitude got it done!

you're more than welcome to post a pic or two of her on a low tide in my journal. Would LOVE to see her!

:bravo:

I feel like I should post it here, since I've gone this far- it was Stihl's name that dragged me in to trash his journal blathering about my crabs and big logs. Really I just thought there was a chance he might know about this jack I used.

I feel like I should post it here, since I've gone this far- it was Stihl's name that dragged me in to trash his journal blathering about my crabs and big logs. Really I just thought there was a chance he might know about this jack I used.

Lol. Its all good Wease brother. I enjoy havin ya around bud. I made a few inquiries today to a few northern tier loggers. I should have answers here this weekend. :high-five:

I read back earlier you said they'd be harvest mid-March maybe. Haven't even seen the pictures of your flowering ones yet but my internet has been acting goofy and keeps cutting me off when I try to load pages.

Thank you Stihl. It's your user name that dragged me in here to make this mess. If you ever crack a trophy weasel please feel free to bomb my journal with pictures of it!
I'm going wandering through your journal now. I look forward to your outdoor grow.
Damn Captain, I derailed Shiggs' journal too? I didn't think I'd ever been there even. I'll have to go over there and jack it back on to the tracks again I guess before I start feeling like a home wrecker. Oh my aching back.

Sorry meant STIHL's thread, good eye keeping me straight, just pickin' @ you of course

I read back earlier you said they'd be harvest mid-March maybe. Haven't even seen the pictures of your flowering ones yet but my internet has been acting goofy and keeps cutting me off when I try to load pages.

I have harvested some already. I had a few herms interrupt my flow so I did some early choppin. Most were the smaller of the bunch (12'' tall or so) and 1 bigger 24''. Wound up with just around 3 zips off of them. I have 2 of the bigger girls and 2 solo cup chicks left. They might get the axe tonight. Gotta do a good cleanin of the lab and get ready for the autos to move in next weekend.

This run of 4 autos will be in pro mix. Finished under cfls in the tent. I have ordered a dozen Auto Mazar beans. Ill be doing a side by side outdoor run with these with different soils. MG, Fox Farms, Pro Mix and my own amended top soil ( swamp peat, chicken and cow shit, saw dust and a light loamy sand for filler) Some will get the MG water soluble nutes, the others will get the FF full line and a few will get nada damn thing other than pond water. :cheesygrinsmiley:

iam gone be glad to see the comparison of the different soils , plus i think that pond water is gone make one hell of a great plant ..

iam gone be glad to see the comparison of the different soils , plus i think that pond water is gone make one hell of a great plant ..

It will definitely be a fun trial/adventure! :high-five: And I know 1st hand that regardless of the soil they are in they lovveeee the pond water. :thumb:

As per request, and to my utter embarrassment (lol) some harvest pics of the meager (caitlyns) For some reason I lost some pics.. These are the 1st 3 that had to go.
IMG_20160311_150512877.jpg
IMG_20160311_151751029.jpg
IMG_20160311_152725363.jpg
IMG_20160311_153816664.jpg
IMG_20160311_155227989.jpg
IMG_20160311_160041659.jpg

The smoke wasnt too bad.. Definitely a strong smell. Skunky cheese undertone suppressed by a very pleasant hint of fruit punch. Smells when you open the bag are best described as fruity pebbles cereal and leprechaun shit. :rofl::rofl: High hits almost immediately, stays in the forehead for a lil while then its munch n chill time.. :lot-o-toke: Current yield is just over 3 zips from 9 plants all less than 14'' tall. ill give them a 6/10.

Here is a quick question and may sound stupid, but has anyone tried just ripping off the male parts on a hermie? No caitlyns allowed!

It can be done. Ya gotta be ever vigilant tho. Catch em early and stay on em for a week or 2. I was trying to but sometimes work kept me away for 2-3 days at a time. I doubt ill have to worry about this dillema again now that I have some good beans. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom