Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

If I had a nickel for every time I've asked that question..... :cheesygrinsmiley:
That little lady turned out real nice...:welldone:Honestly- she did a lot better than I thought she would!
I figured she’d die months ago lol. She even got the stem mold problem and I treated with baking soda and it made it with very little damage. Lost the tip of 1 bud to rot but I caught it early. Inside, outside, container, pond, almost never pH’d- and somehow it finished and smells great. I probably wouldn’t do it exactly this way again because it didn’t produce much for all that trouble, but it was fun.
Next year my outdoor crew will be a nice big variety of autos on the upstairs deck that will get done in August ;) I’ve dealt with enough September mold and been really lucky avoiding theft so close to a public beach.
My gross (very untrimmed) weight so far outdoors is around 6000g wet, about 4000g of that being LRx. Couldn’t fit it all in the fridge even in phases, so the bedroom upstairs is packed and VERY smelly.
I’ll count my blessings, it was a great year even with the mold.

Nicely done Goody with the fish poop. You may have started a new trend with TWC(Turtle Water Culture). Keep an eye on the buds they don't fall back into the stem.
Thank you, Mr S
Lots of people were rooting for that little lady, she was a pleasant surprise. I was kind of hoping one of those @carcass seeds would be a male but all 3 were females, and all with different traits. I don’t need more seeds anyway :laughtwo:, my bank is overflowing with more on the way. Looking forward to CBG and some cool others coming up.

The purple lemonade is still looking good without any added nutes (just pH’d water), and is definitely into flower already at 19 days old. It will start the journey into purple very soon, but for now she’s a pretty shade of green.
DF7173AB-00F6-41C6-92D4-E1CF073CBB40.jpeg

GelatOG auto clone #2, a few weeks behind Mom and sis.
D25B7776-8998-49CC-BBAF-D0B6DDF416D6.jpeg

C80D6A74-D737-4852-8C84-6B54D4B4556C.jpeg

This brings their wet weight total (from a single seed) to 1321g.
The first two are already dried and trimmed with a total weight so far of 280g, and I don’t think I’ll quite hit 300g but it was damn close.
Not sure I’ll ever be able to duplicate this little experiment, it may have been one of a kind for me. One thing for sure, the clone had way more aggressive trichome production and way fewer leaves. It’s twice as sticky as the mother and has a completely different odor
(really:drool:good)

Hoping to hear about some other growers successfully cloning autos and how they went about it.

Hoping to hear about some other growers successfully cloning autos and how they went about it.
I'll give it a try with one of the (many) auto seeds you gave me :love:
My cloning procedure is pretty basic (dip in rooting powder, stick in cup o damp soil) but I've had a 100% success rate so far...hopefully that will go for autos too...
Now that we know it's even possible...;)

GelatOG auto clone #2, a few weeks behind Mom and sis.
D25B7776-8998-49CC-BBAF-D0B6DDF416D6.jpeg

C80D6A74-D737-4852-8C84-6B54D4B4556C.jpeg

This brings their wet weight total (from a single seed) to 1321g.
The first two are already dried and trimmed with a total weight so far of 280g, and I don’t think I’ll quite hit 300g but it was damn close.
Not sure I’ll ever be able to duplicate this little experiment, it may have been one of a kind for me. One thing for sure, the clone had way more aggressive trichome production and way fewer leaves. It’s twice as sticky as the mother and has a completely different odor
(really:drool:good)

Nice job. I've read a few places where folks are cloning autos but you don't see it often. Usually it happens if a branch accidently breaks and the person throws it in a cube or water. You may be on to something though with less leaf and more gooeynessness. If I grew any autos I'd give cloning a try.

Do you always do autos?
I have a few photo seeds left (white widow, Gelato, iced grapefruit) but most of the seeds I’m buying for the future are autos. Right now I don’t see a reason not to. The only photos I’ve grown indoors this year are the Dr. S, and ChemDawg, and neither of them outperformed the autos with my current setup.
One of the reasons I first looked into autos is because I’ve had crops ruined here from multi day power outages. With autos I don’t have to worry about anything like that because they just keep on growing like normal without fear of that stress causing problems.
I now have that Dr S CBD in an auto, as well as a pure CBG strain in auto- and some other surprises in the mail soon.
I like where auto genetics are headed, they have treated me pretty well so far!

Did a bit of training on the Purple Lemonade, who’s 20 days young. She’s already a few days into flower but I want her to spread out a little more. I only cut the very bottom node and topped it a few days ago so there are 4 nodes left. It’s not going to be a huge plant but still better than the last one where I broke half of the plant off and it never had a chance. At least I know that’s not what triggers flowering, this one is just a really early bloomer. Just started feeding MC at 1g/G because I’m trying something different on her.
DA93E3F1-B1C2-4032-BF34-7EFFC4855EE9.jpeg

And the Wedding Cake seedling is upright, while NL is still a no show. 2 of the 3 seeds in this freebie package were empty floaters , so it won’t surprise me if this one is a dud too. I’ll give it a minute before I choose its replacement.
40B8C6E6-59DE-4270-A874-7B2DF4002ED8.jpeg

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

lol, ya I think most of us have that problem. Honestly I can't grow this many before I die, and yet I got them all for a reason.

The funniest part for me is I’ll promise myself not purchase anymore seeds haha.. :laughtwo:

I think browsing through seeds online is the exact same thing as going grocery shopping hungry.

Did a bit of training on the Purple Lemonade, who’s 20 days young. She’s already a few days into flower but I want her to spread out a little more. I only cut the very bottom node and topped it a few days ago so there are 4 nodes left. It’s not going to be a huge plant but still better than the last one where I broke half of the plant off and it never had a chance. At least I know that’s not what triggers flowering, this one is just a really early bloomer. Just started feeding MC at 1g/G because I’m trying something different on her.
DA93E3F1-B1C2-4032-BF34-7EFFC4855EE9.jpeg

And the Wedding Cake seedling is upright, while NL is still a no show. 2 of the 3 seeds in this freebie package were empty floaters , so it won’t surprise me if this one is a dud too. I’ll give it a minute before I choose its replacement.
40B8C6E6-59DE-4270-A874-7B2DF4002ED8.jpeg

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

Congrats on the OD harvest and the new addition my friend! That purp lemonade is gonna give you more then a few nice main colas!! I’ve got some NL Auto to pop as well down the line. Too bad they didn’t pop yet as I’d love to have seen you work your magic on them. They seem to be heavy producers too. Stay blessed my friend and hope all is well up your way!

:passitleft:

2 of the 3 seeds in this freebie package were empty floaters , so it won’t surprise me if this one is a dud too.
I had a freebie Northern Lights x Big Bud fem seed that sprouted just fine...
He only lived about a month. :oops:
Sometimes, freebies are a bit "iffy"- not always, but sometimes...

I had a freebie Northern Lights x Big Bud fem seed that sprouted just fine...
He only lived about a month. :oops:
Sometimes, freebies are a bit "iffy"- not always, but sometimes...
I guess I can’t complain, they also threw in 2 of each Lemon Haze and Super Silver Haze autos, so if this one doesn’t pop up by tomorrow, I’ll probably do one of those... and still be out $0 so far.

Did another round of CBD gummies today. Leafs, Bears, even Dinosaurs. 271 total Cherry/Orange, ran out exactly on the last one!
5DA3B2C9-CB51-4E09-9EEA-1AC70C3D1FC7.jpeg

In this batch I used the normal 1/2 cup infused oil, but this time the infused oil contained:
1 oz Dr. Seedsm@n 30:1 CBD,
1 oz @OregonHempFlower ”Trump” 18.45% CBD
500mg CBG isolate

Did another round of CBD (30:1) gummies today. Leafs, Bears, even Dinosaurs. 271 total Cherry/Orange, ran out exactly on the last one!
5DA3B2C9-CB51-4E09-9EEA-1AC70C3D1FC7.jpeg

In this batch I used the normal 1/2 cup infused oil, but this time it contained:
1 oz Dr. Seedsm@n 30:1 CBD,
1 oz @OregonHempFlower ”Trump” 18.45% CBD
500mg CBG isolate
Wow, that’s a lot of CBD. What do you figure the mg per gummy is?

Wow, that’s a lot of CBD. What do you figure the mg per gummy is?
The small ones (Dinos and Bears) are about 5mg CBD/1mg CBG, and the Pot Leaves about 10mg CBD/2mg CBG.
The chocolates and PB cups I make are closer to 30-40mg.

Back
Top Bottom