Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

Happy Friday growers!

When I topped and trimmed the CapJunky, for shits and giggles I put the cuttings in a shot glass in the window. No heat, no hormones, short winter light, almost 0 sun in the last 2 weeks…not much of chance.
But I’m pretty sure today I see sumthin’
IMG_3615.jpeg
IMG_3614.jpeg

I have kept the water changed out and even added a drop of H2o2 a few times, and it kept most the algae off 1 of the 2.
Resilient little plants, to say the least.

That's the first signs of root development. Plants actually don't mind algae and will grow right along side of it. Healthy conditions for plants and algae are very similar. Only thing to look out for is stem rot which occurs from bacterial decay. If your plants are healthy, which yours appear to be, it is usually not a problem though.

Those roots will be a couple inches long in another couple days. Hope you have room for another couple plants :)

That's the first signs of root development. Plants actually don't mind algae and will grow right along side of it. Healthy conditions for plants and algae are very similar. Only thing to look out for is stem rot which occurs from bacterial decay. If your plants are healthy, which yours appear to be, it is usually not a problem though.

Those roots will be a couple inches long in another couple days. Hope you have room for another couple plants :)
At least 1.
The other one was almost consumed with algae, not in a good way. I cut off the slimy bottom of the stem to give it a second chance but it looks like only the 1 is growing roots so far.
Any free plants are welcome, especially when this was my last seed of these!

Sounds like stem rot which is due to bacterial decomposition. Roots need to stay moist but they also need oxygenation to really do their best. I usually use rapid rooters (actually an off brand sold locally but they are the same thing). Keep the sponge moist and the plant will do the rest. I haven't had to deal with stem rot since.

Out of curiosity, what fertilizer are you feeding the mothers?

Sounds like stem rot which is due to bacterial decomposition. Roots need to stay moist but they also need oxygenation to really do their best. I usually use rapid rooters (actually an off brand sold locally but they are the same thing). Keep the sponge moist and the plant will do the rest. I haven't had to deal with stem rot since.

Out of curiosity, what fertilizer are you feeding the mothers?
Definitely was stem rot. Unclean cut on one.
These were an afterthought and not expected to grow in the winter light with minimal attention and no rooting hormone, so they are just extras.
Been cloning with rock wool and plugs for 20 years, but it’s always nice to see one happen naturally. I’ve even cloned a few autos in this same windowsill.

The mother is feeding on MegaCrop, in FFOF

The mother is feeding on MegaCrop, in FFOF
The FFOF does seem to contain the missing elements in modern chemical fertilizers. I know mocha uses it and has good results. I have tried both fertilizers (fox farm and megacrop) in regular pro mix and gotten bad results.

Your window test just goes to show you how easy marijuana is to clone as well as how little light is necessary during root development.

Plants are looking nice. Keep up the good work.

The first day warm/sunny enough to put a plant outside here.
This Wizard is busy pollinating itself making S1 seeds, so she/he can go out there for a few days while she sheds pollen
IMG_3680.jpeg
IMG_3682.jpeg

Not that there’s any other growers nearby with plants outdoors but if this pollen were to reach them, at least the seeds will be feminized 😂

Alaskan Banana Berry Autos
IMG_3719.jpeg

Just like Black Sugar these appear to be 2 totally different phenos so far.
The shorter one hasn’t showed sex yet so that may be a plus, taller one showed a week ago but hasn’t done much since. They look to be healthy and happy in here. Currently moved up to 5g MC

Beautiful growing!

🌹😍🌹😍🌹😍
Thank you friend, yours looks amazing

Here is my CapJunky (1) looking vibrant and healthy like she should
IMG_3773.jpeg

#2 the cutting just got up-potted and joined the big girls in the auto tent, very healthy roots
IMG_3774.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a great week

I love seeing a cutting start to look like its own plant - CapJunky
IMG_3790.jpeg

This Wookiee that started out upside down (root up) is now riding the big wave, starting to make some towers. A lovely surprise
IMG_3792.jpeg

The 2 Alaskan Banana 🍌 Berry autos couldn’t look much different. 1 is taller by the day and in preflower still, 2 is short like a cabbage and no sign of flower yet (this statement will cause it to happen within 48 hours 😂)
IMG_3788.jpeg
IMG_3789.jpeg

Meanwhile Wizard 2 the female (front) has been pollinated by Wizard 1 to make F2s. Next to her is a really funky and trichome heavy Queen G that has fat twisted purple leaves and caught a bit of pollen as well. May make for some interesting crosses.
IMG_3784.jpeg
IMG_3785.jpeg

Damn!...not only is she a great grower, but that CapJunky has about the coolest strain name ever...not sure why, it just sounds cool...
She's a purty one...
...one more thing...
*Happy Birthday Son!:love:
:party::party: :happy-birthday::party::party:

Damn!...not only is she a great grower, but that CapJunky has about the coolest strain name ever...not sure why, it just sounds cool...
She's a purty one...
...one more thing...
*Happy Birthday Son!:love:
:party::party: :happy-birthday::party::party:
Omg!

Happy birthday, J Dogg! Love your guts Xo

And happy shagaversery Carcass! Good job shagging his mum!

Back
Top Bottom