Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

You have the hat trick in sight Justin! With those parents genetics, it's highly likely!:bravo:
I hope so, it’s exciting!

I have pulled 21 seeds so far total, 15 from the lower actual target area. Those were allowed to mature longer and have a nicer dark/veiny look to them. The early ones have sprouted 3 of 4 so they will be the guinea pigs for this strain. I had nothing at lights out 11 pm and by 6 am they were visible and look strong so far.
If they are what I think they are it’s gonna be epic.

:thumb: :nomo:

That link took me to a flower chock full of pollen sacs... which was awesome and I want some so I’m keen to see how you reverse them so, I looked a bit further back and it sounds like you used CS at 50ppm for your reversals. Is this still your go to? Did you follow @beez0404 method? I’m currently re-studying his reversal technique - he has success with 50ppm CS as well.

Beautiful bunches of pollen sacs you got! :D

:thumb: :nomo:

That link took me to a flower chock full of pollen sacs... which was awesome and I want some so I’m keen to see how you reverse them so, I looked a bit further back and it sounds like you used CS at 50ppm for your reversals. Is this still your go to? Did you follow @beez0404 method? I’m currently re-studying his reversal technique - he has success with 50ppm CS as well.

Beautiful bunches of pollen sacs you got! :D
I’m not sure who’s method I saw originally, but it seemed like something I needed to try, and CS spray isn’t super expensive.
My first attempt was a failure. A single branch on the last (7-8 months ago) Wedding Cake auto- I treated her every day and she did nothing. Didn’t start early enough
This time I started REALLY early on the GSC auto, spraying her since she was about 3” tall. This time it took hold.
I thought I’d probably have a pollen disaster but so far I have found 35 (solid) seeds on her, 4 of those are already growing ;) I’m pretty happy about that!
18ED7FE8-4F18-4DFB-A972-CFB0E4A4B20F.jpeg

A few interesting things-
I also pollinated the CBG auto I was growing. So far I’ve found 1 seed. Better than none, but a little weird.
Also, I had a second plant (Gelato auto) reversed with CS, and NONE of its “pollinated” sites made seeds at all.
Only the GSC, which the pollen was slightly more mature, made seeds.
Fine by me!
I am excited it worked at all, now I have to grow out these testers and make sure this cross is legit. Liking it so far!

These ladies are all still upright, so that’s good, and looking pretty good!
2F4F721C-4E61-407C-9425-5AD0C11ED68D.jpeg
But not as good as Bruce Banner over here, who seems really happy at the moment
86A1FF4E-4A35-49F1-A692-4F991AEE81FC.jpeg
Thanks again to @Weed Seeds Express for hooking me up with some really awesome strains. This one doesn’t look like she wants to disappoint..

@Justin Goody

Hey J’ , how’s life?
I’ve been away for a while so desperately trying to catch up on everything.
I apologise for the lack of attendance, just a really bad guest! Like the guy you invite to a party & just sits in the corner not speaking to anyone! :lot-o-toke:

She is looking Ab- Fab dude, seriously! Great job. Can’t wait to see what you get on the scales.
your a busy boy aren’t you. Didn’t realise you had so much going on. Awesome grows :yummy:

I may need to lean on ya for some advice over the coming weeks. I’ve just started a multi strain Auto grow, first time growing autos. Just not sure how to go about training, I don’t have much head height so need to keep them like those ‘ apple bottom jeans ‘ …..Low’ ! :cool:

take it ez bro. speak soon

one :love:

@Justin Goody

Hey J’ , how’s life?
I’ve been away for a while so desperately trying to catch up on everything.
I apologise for the lack of attendance, just a really bad guest! Like the guy you invite to a party & just sits in the corner not speaking to anyone! :lot-o-toke:

She is looking Ab- Fab dude, seriously! Great job. Can’t wait to see what you get on the scales.
your a busy boy aren’t you. Didn’t realise you had so much going on. Awesome grows :yummy:

I may need to lean on ya for some advice over the coming weeks. I’ve just started a multi strain Auto grow, first time growing autos. Just not sure how to go about training, I don’t have much head height so need to keep them like those ‘ apple bottom jeans ‘ …..Low’ ! :cool:

take it ez bro. speak soon

one :love:
Hey there, SF!
Glad to have you here catching up, lots of quiet watchers so no biggie...

As far as autos, Yes, stick around and you may see something you like.
First thing- Topping YES. I see a lot of growers around here questioning whether it would have time to recover, etc...The answer is yes. It will recover and have 2 heads, which simply becomes part of a system of heads, and the more the better. Anyone who doesn't believe it can look back through 18 months of me growing autos (my first ever) and see what I did to make it work.
This current auto got topped at 19 days. Generally topping comes between 12-20 days (for me). It literally takes 1 day to recover if the plant is growing/thriving properly. Training starts right after. Lots of people clip at the 3rd or 4th node and Quadline. I've had good results with that, but even better with Hexlines and Octolines. My last GSC auto was Octolined and produced 10 oz dried. I still clip above the 4th normally.
I think a lot of people assume that once it starts flowering, the growing is basically done. That couldn't be further from the truth. I've had them stretch to 3-4x their original size after flower started. ALL BUD in that stretch. Training starts right after topping and continues until it doesn't need it anymore...
When I put my first auto seed in the dirt, I expected nothing but problems and smaller crops. Now I can't imagine NOT growing them.
One of the biggest advantages of autos (for me) is their immunity to light leaks and power outages, which happen here frequently. Lights go out on a photo plant for 2-3 days, you're basically f**cked without backup.
On an auto, it will just keep plugging away like nothing ever happened once that light comes back on. No special treatment needed.
People will say the THC level is lacking...well I haven't noticed, and I smoke all day every day. The taste definitely isn't lacking, either.
On a side note-
Some will say you can't clone them. I have.
Some will say you can't breed them. I have.
Some say you can't up-pot them. I have.
Some will say they are harder to grow than photos. I disagree. I've grown photos for 30 years.
Some will say they are too temperamental and easy to shock. All plants are. It takes finesse to do things right.

Hope this is helpful in some way for anyone wanting to grow autos. I love autos and believe them to be very misunderstood and misjudged. Try them again, they've changed ;)

Hey there, SF!

First thing- Topping YES. I see a lot of growers around here questioning whether it would have time to recover, etc...The answer is yes. It will recover and have 2 heads, which simply becomes part of a system of heads, and the more the better. Anyone who doesn't believe it can look back through 18 months of me growing autos (my first ever) and see what I did to make it work.
This current auto got topped at 19 days. Generally topping comes between 12-20 days (for me). It literally takes 1 day to recover if the plant is growing/thriving properly. Training starts right after. Lots of people clip at the 3rd or 4th node and Quadline. I've had good results with that, but even better with Hexlines and Octolines. My last GSC auto was Octolined and produced 10 oz dried. I still clip above the 4th normally.
I think a lot of people assume that once it starts flowering, the growing is basically done. That couldn't be further from the truth. I've had them stretch to 3-4x their original size after flower started. ALL BUD in that stretch. Training starts right after topping and continues until it doesn't need it anymore...
When I put my first auto seed in the dirt, I expected nothing but problems and smaller crops. Now I can't imagine NOT growing them.
One of the biggest advantages of autos (for me) is their immunity to light leaks and power outages, which happen here frequently. Lights go out on a photo plant for 2-3 days, you're basically f**cked without backup.
On an auto, it will just keep plugging away like nothing ever happened once that light comes back on. No special treatment needed.
People will say the THC level is lacking...well I haven't noticed, and I smoke all day every day. The taste definitely isn't lacking, either.
On a side note-
Some will say they are harder to grow than photos. I disagree. I've grown photos for 30 years.
Some will say they are too temperamental and easy to shock. All plants are. It takes finesse to do things right.

Hope this is helpful in some way for anyone wanting to grow autos. I love autos and believe them to be very misunderstood and misjudged. Try them again, they've changed ;)

You 'Da man!! :adore:

You are absolutely correct, I've had sooo many people tell me what you CAN'T do with Auto's, tbh, It almost put me off. But I just like finding out for myself...I mean damn!; If I listened to every movie review, I'd never watch anything :laugh:

So basically; your mainlining right! Get a couple of manifolds going & take it from there?

I know your super busy bro atm but If I tag you in my Journal, would you mind popping over in say like a week or two please. I've just transplanted them into pots this morning so I'll see how they go.

I really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to reply in such depth matey, thanks a billion! Speak soon.

One :love:

You 'Da man!! :adore:

You are absolutely correct, I've had sooo many people tell me what you CAN'T do with Auto's, tbh, It almost put me off. But I just like finding out for myself...I mean damn!; If I listened to every movie review, I'd never watch anything :laugh:

So basically; your mainlining right! Get a couple of manifolds going & take it from there?

I know your super busy bro atm but If I tag you in my Journal, would you mind popping over in say like a week or two please. I've just transplanted them into pots this morning so I'll see how they go.

I really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to reply in such depth matey, thanks a billion! Speak soon.

One :love:
Yes, please tag me!

It's always good to get a few sets of eyes on them in case we miss something. Just let me know..

Hey there, SF!

On a side note-

Nice write up Justin. This helps clear up some Auto misunderstandings. :thumb:

Hey there, SF!

On a side note-

I'm still a novice and started with autos for faster harvest. I like them and being a novice I topped etc no problems except for gorilla glue auto. They went crazy when topped

Thats a sweet looking plant u got there Justin ,, :drool:

The only autos I've grown and topped are Dark Devils but I won't be topping them again anytime soon as it looks more like an alien than a plant. :thedoubletake:

However, I'm currently growing 4 new autos, none of them DDAs and want to learn about topping and training them. I know there are a few good threads and I have them bookmarked. I wish I could get all this info on my ereader so that I could read everything outside where I'm spending my days these days.

Back
Top Bottom