Stonecrusher's Garage: Gorilla Cookies Auto And Purple Banana Punch Auto

Anytime I've taken a plant with less than 75-80% it was a mistake (or a must chop issue) on my part. Personally I feel like 50% would be too early and may affect the end quality. Just my 2 cents. But your plants are looking great Growmie!! Happy Tuesday to you!! 😎✌️
Thanks to friends here I manged to get a hold of myself, put down the cutters, and walk away. Ill give it another week. Im still noticing a lot of autoflowers here are taking much longer than anticipated to mature. It is a bit tempting when the plants don't look like much is happening.

Do you have any thoughts on why my Gorilla Cookies are getting pistils? I notice it is happening at the tips of the colas which are at 1000+ par because they've grown into the light. Do you think this is due to too much light?

Thanks to friends here I manged to get a hold of myself, put down the cutters, and walk away. Ill give it another week. Im still noticing a lot of autoflowers here are taking much longer than anticipated to mature. It is a bit tempting when the plants don't look like much is happening.

Do you have any thoughts on why my Gorilla Cookies are getting pistils? I notice it is happening at the tips of the colas which are at 1000+ par because they've grown into the light. Do you think this is due to too much light?
The GC is foxtailing. It's not necessarily a bad thing but it makes it harder to tell when plants are done!

The GC is foxtailing. It's not necessarily a bad thing but it makes it harder to tell when plants are done!
So THATS what is meant by foxtailing. I actually raised the light a couple of inches yesterday because I was becoming concerned I was going to begin flowering again.

Happy 4/20!
Today the plants are 80 days above ground. I snipped a little bud from the Gorilla Cookies and it has almost all clear trichromes. I think it will easily go another week or two.
Anyone want to chip in on what to do for feeding? I feel like a topdress is a little late, but I may still add some bloom booster and foundation from Roots Organics. I have both the tea mix and the top dress formulas. I think ill mix up a tea and use that to keep the blooms going and trichromes growing.

Happy 4/20!
Today the plants are 80 days above ground. I snipped a little bud from the Gorilla Cookies and it has almost all clear trichromes. I think it will easily go another week or two.
Anyone want to chip in on what to do for feeding? I feel like a topdress is a little late, but I may still add some bloom booster and foundation from Roots Organics. I have both the tea mix and the top dress formulas. I think ill mix up a tea and use that to keep the blooms going and trichromes growing.
Happy 420 Buddy :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Happy 4/20!
I'm not entirely sure about this SC, but I recall using the RO Booster & Foundation near the end before and it was not pretty. I would try the booster alone (in a tea).

I'm not entirely sure about this SC, but I recall using the RO Booster & Foundation near the end before and it was not pretty. I would try the booster alone (in a tea).
Ill take that advice. Because like you, I can sometimes get in my own way. Ill try the booster tea. Thanks GDB. I see your grows and you definitely know what you are talking about!

Good news the plants have slowed down drinking and are frosting up strong. I almost cut them down 10 days ago but thought better of it. Im so glad for the advice to hang in there a little longer.
The new plan is to just keep the lights on and reduce watering until Sunday and chop them down! I'm torn between wet trim and fridge drying or hanging them in a climate controlled tent for 2 weeks. But Ill probably opt for the later as the former requires obtaining a fridge.

I've posted this shot lots of times but it never gets old! My auto garden at 11.5 weeks.

Day 88 chop day! I have been patient the last 2 weeks. The plants have every sign of maturity. The leaves did a Fall color change and started to die off, the pistils all went brown, and the trichromes are cloudy with some amber. By all measures they are ripe and ready.

Im writing this a few days post-chop. The smell has been incredible! It finally convinced me to purchase a new carbon inline air filter. The ones I have both came used with some grow equipment I purchased 2 years ago. So is it a surprise I can't believe how effective they are? Almost NO smell after installing the fresh unit!! I wish I'd done this weeks ago.

I don't remember if I journaled this, but the smell has been kind of strong for the entire grow. I decided to install a dryer style vent thru the garage wall and vent directly outside. (Man cuts hole in garage wall in the name of pot growing)! This did wonders to reduce the smell that was seeping from the garage into the house. But the neighbors were getting a full dose of the goodness. So in the name of keeping a low profile I spent the extra $$ on a good filter. It worked. Whew.

The plan is to hang at 60*, 60% RH for 2 weeks/or until branches get the "snap". Then dry trim and into jars.

The reality: Best environment I can achieve without purchasing an a/c unit and a second humidifier is 65* and 50% RH. Anyone care to comment on if this is adequate? I know drying is crucial.

Im trying to hold off on capital expenditures since this isn't exactly a profitable enterprise, but I could put these expenses down to entertainment if I had to. Im just trying to hold out another couple of weeks until I put my summer grow in the outdoor pots and I can forget about the tent for the season.

Day 88 chop day! I have been patient the last 2 weeks. The plants have every sign of maturity. The leaves did a Fall color change and started to die off, the pistils all went brown, and the trichromes are cloudy with some amber. By all measures they are ripe and ready.

Im writing this a few days post-chop. The smell has been incredible! It finally convinced me to purchase a new carbon inline air filter. The ones I have both came used with some grow equipment I purchased 2 years ago. So is it a surprise I can't believe how effective they are? Almost NO smell after installing the fresh unit!! I wish I'd done this weeks ago.

I don't remember if I journaled this, but the smell has been kind of strong for the entire grow. I decided to install a dryer style vent thru the garage wall and vent directly outside. (Man cuts hole in garage wall in the name of pot growing)! This did wonders to reduce the smell that was seeping from the garage into the house. But the neighbors were getting a full dose of the goodness. So in the name of keeping a low profile I spent the extra $$ on a good filter. It worked. Whew.

The plan is to hang at 60*, 60% RH for 2 weeks/or until branches get the "snap". Then dry trim and into jars.

The reality: Best environment I can achieve without purchasing an a/c unit and a second humidifier is 65* and 50% RH. Anyone care to comment on if this is adequate? I know drying is crucial.

Im trying to hold off on capital expenditures since this isn't exactly a profitable enterprise, but I could put these expenses down to entertainment if I had to. Im just trying to hold out another couple of weeks until I put my summer grow in the outdoor pots and I can forget about the tent for the season.
Congratulations! 👏

Congrats on the takedowns Crusher. That BPP is an especially outstanding looking plant! :Rasta:

65f and 50 rh is acceptable. Depending on the size of your buds, and airflow, you’ll probably want to start checking them at around 5-7 days.

Congrats on the takedowns Crusher. That BPP is an especially outstanding looking plant! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB!
And I want to add that you have really been a great help and support. I have learned a lot by watching your Coco vs Soil grow, and your advice is gold!
I was wondering what to do with my soil. I used Grow Dots in the 3-5Gal pots for the autos. I am keen on recycling all my soil if possible because $$$ and also I like recycling. Do you think the Dots are depleted enough to mix back into Cannibalized Soil like @OGpapa ?

Thanks GDB!
And I want to add that you have really been a great help and support. I have learned a lot by watching your Coco vs Soil grow, and your advice is gold!
I was wondering what to do with my soil. I used Grow Dots in the 3-5Gal pots for the autos. I am keen on recycling all my soil if possible because $$$ and also I like recycling. Do you think the Dots are depleted enough to mix back into Cannibalized Soil like @OGpapa ?
I'm nearly certain of it, Crusher.

I re-use my soil too, and when I do at least a few Grow Dots end up in my pots. I think by that point (having been used before) the Dots are only empty shells. Expended Grow Dots in used soil has not caused any issues (that I am aware of).

Spoken like a true cannibal:)
Lmao.

Only if you knew. Or I knew for that matter. Before I relocated I had the obvious idea of cannibalism. You know that stuff that happens in other" countries.

Bought a house in the Ozarks, found out a week later. A girl disappeared from local Walmart, was held captive, and was fully processed. The guy even fed ribs to his neighbor unknowingly. All within 30days of signing.

I was like holy dang. Keeping to my own damn self now.

But my soil.. Yes. It eventually eats everything it produces, besides the nuggets.

Back
Top Bottom