Wow just like that. Do they go to a new home. 🍋
#2 and #8 are going on vacation to a friend's place in the upcoming weeks and the other 6 becomes salad greens in the freezer. I need to start dialing things down and plan for the hiatus!
I'm a leaf eater! :yummy:

Cheers!

IMG_20240428_210347960.jpg
IMG_20240428_210418706.jpg

Keeper #2
IMG_20240428_210426102.jpg

Keeper #8

The keepers have similar structure and internodes. About the same height, #2 is a little heavier on the sauce and OG kush dominant. They have the best flower clusters of the bunch.

Second runoff reading:

800ppm / 1.6 EC in, 750ppm / 1.5 EC out.

pH 6.6 in, pH 6.2 out.

Cheers!

IMG_20240429_164807443.jpg
IMG_20240429_164825103.jpg
IMG_20240429_164830625.jpg
IMG_20240429_164840277.jpg

Day 48 since flip! Last two pictures are the keepers! Two different phenols with similar structures. One very gassy diesel and the other one more piney sweeter with some fruity undertones. Humidifier is running full steam keeping them at 60-65% RH at this stage. I need to lower that to 55-60% in the upcoming days.

Girls are getting chunky but I have zero bugs this run and rot shouldn't be that big of an issue since they're really healthy. I have two strong fans in the top blowing full steam and two lighter ones in the bottom, all fixed stationary ones.

First runoff reading:

800ppm / 1.6 EC in, 825ppm / 1.65 EC out.

pH 7.0 in, pH 6.5 out.

- Lowering input pH to 6.7.

Cheers!

Another journal caught up on 😎 looking great bro 💪 systems working spot on too first time 👍 keeper 8 looks like she wants to be the final act 😂 some nice variations in the bunch 👌

Oh and supprised to see you got a second pH drop, I only noticed one so I'll keep my guard next round.. may aswell see what you think but my next grow I plan on trying some lactobacillus during flower to hopefully manage my plants excretes. Only reason is time. When you buffer your run off you plants most likely reuse any carbs and stuff it dumps which is probably the best option but not having time to monitor I'm looking for minimal inoculation to do this one job for me. What you think? If it doesn't work I will probably mix a little compost to crates a small rhizosphere.

My only problem with coir is this and I know Nick and others don't use pure coir but get away with it most likely from inoculants? It cost me nothing to make the stuff so prefect if it works 😬

Another journal caught up on 😎 looking great bro 💪 systems working spot on too first time 👍 keeper 8 looks like she wants to be the final act 😂 some nice variations in the bunch 👌

Oh and supprised to see you got a second pH drop, I only noticed one so I'll keep my guard next round.. may aswell see what you think but my next grow I plan on trying some lactobacillus during flower to hopefully manage my plants excretes. Only reason is time. When you buffer your run off you plants most likely reuse any carbs and stuff it dumps which is probably the best option but not having time to monitor I'm looking for minimal inoculation to do this one job for me. What you think? If it doesn't work I will probably mix a little compost to crates a small rhizosphere.

My only problem with coir is this and I know Nick and others don't use pure coir but get away with it most likely from inoculants? It cost me nothing to make the stuff so prefect if it works 😬
Thanks bud and welcome back! I could probably get away with feeding pH 6.5 all the way through the grow with very similar results and only adjust feeding strength. I like to learn what the plants are doing that's why I do all the runoff work and fiddling with pH.

I've seen people with stellar results in coir well over 7.0 in pH all the way through the grow. I cannot say the same with people running pH below 6.0 and closer to 5.8. I see too many people compensating with higher feeding strength instead of first looking at pH and leachates/runoff. It will only mask the problem.

People run pH in coir to low on this site IMO. Soilless should be run closer to 6.5 than 5.8. I aim for pH 6.3 out.

I'm not sure if Lactobacillus would be beneficial as pH buffer? I believe a balanced pH in the medium comes from feeding the proper nutrient strength. I have less pH swings this round feeding lighter and trying to have my runoff values closer to my input in terms of strength. I had to pH compensate more last run when I fed more running Skywalker OG, she can take a lot of more abuse than Bruce Banner.

Potassium silicate is a good pH buffer in hydro and I won't grow without it!

Cheers!

I'm 100% with you bro but I'm really trying to break this misunderstanding in Coco as I have not seen anyone clean up this mess so it's kinda my mission on my next two grows.

So coco coir is classed as hydro and the first question asked when growing hydro is sterile or bennies but nobody asks this on Coco? But I believe it's the maid devide and misunderstanding.

I fully agree with you on measuring the run off being the way to go in coir but the issue I'm seeing is the guys growing with beneficials can grow at 5.8 as I'm guessing the bennificials manage the plant poop and feed back to the plants. But telling people in pure coir to PH at 5.8 and don't measure run off is absurd.. PH is key to growing and in any form of growing it should be understood at least.

Lastly I'm with you again on the minimal EC.. it's been proven that high ec slows plant growth I've seen it time and time but you can train a plant to survive in salty conditions so later in flower it will grow fine but still a waste of nutes as it will grow as fast as it can considering other parameters and genetics.

This is just imo but I think I'm getting this Coco track straightened out 😂

✌️ Brother sorry for the long one on your gj 😬

I'm 100% with you bro but I'm really trying to break this misunderstanding in Coco as I have not seen anyone clean up this mess so it's kinda my mission on my next two grows.

So coco coir is classed as hydro and the first question asked when growing hydro is sterile or bennies but nobody asks this on Coco? But I believe it's the maid devide and misunderstanding.

I fully agree with you on measuring the run off being the way to go in coir but the issue I'm seeing is the guys growing with beneficials can grow at 5.8 as I'm guessing the bennificials manage the plant poop and feed back to the plants. But telling people in pure coir to PH at 5.8 and don't measure run off is absurd.. PH is key to growing and in any form of growing it should be understood at least.

Lastly I'm with you again on the minimal EC.. it's been proven that high ec slows plant growth I've seen it time and time but you can train a plant to survive in salty conditions so later in flower it will grow fine but still a waste of nutes as it will grow as fast as it can considering other parameters and genetics.

This is just imo but I think I'm getting this Coco track straightened out 😂

✌️ Brother sorry for the long one on your gj 😬
I really appreciate your elaborate post! I believe that beneficials can regulate pH to meet your needs but it's still mostly down to what's already in the mix.

What I mean is beneficials and bacteria cultures can only help speed up the breakdown process of nutrients and make them more readily available and help produce their byproducts like acids, carbonates and hydroxides to regulate pH in range for uptake.

Then there's different mineral fixating bacteria and bacteria actually use the same minerals as the plant use for growth for their operation. The science is still in it's infant state but in organics I always focus on the inputs to try to calculate the end pH.

I would like to try SouthernAG Garden Friendly Fungicide, it's on my wishlist but it's impossible to source here. Run that and pH to 6.3 on the input and feed as often as possible in flower. Only one strain focusing on one main purpose, cleaning the root stomata and leaving them open by eating every other bacteria combating for a spot.

Another friend on another forum has stellar results running Jacks tap formula, GFF and Kelp/Humic acid extract. It would help me create an even more bio-diverse plant at the end of harvest. He's just pHing to 6.0-6.3 and doesn't bother to check runoff and grows better plants than me! We grow practically the same other than I'm sterile and he's running bacteria cultures.

I need to remind myself to order fish mix today for the end of flower. It's been to many runs since I've used it. Very low dose but I like what it does for flavor.

Thanks bud and keep posting! I really appreciate having you around here!

:peacetwo:

IMG_20240430_183433567.jpg
IMG_20240430_183451118.jpg
IMG_20240430_183730364.jpg
IMG_20240430_183742812.jpg
IMG_20240430_183807708.jpg

Day 49 since flip!

It's official they absolutely reek! Plants are pushing the last week's. I'm impressed how early #2 is. I had some early testers from the absolute lowers that are potent 7 weeks in to flower.

I had two full Volcano chamber two hours ago and I still feel the effects. In your face at first, strong and later developing into a clear euphoric high. I have a high tolerance for Skywalker OG and Kali Mist that I use daily.

First runoff reading:

850ppm / 1.7 EC in, 950ppm / 1.9 EC out.

- Water's been evaporating, low reservoir. I'm lowering input back to 650ppm / 1.3 EC. Filling a new res before next runoff reading.

pH 6.5 in, pH 6.2 out.

Cheers!

They're looking strong and healthy Wastie!
Thanks bud! Early tester of #2 is stroooong! Pleasantly surprised, been years since I had anything near this potent. Bruce Banner is the real deal if you find the right phenotype. Very early #2, in class with Bubblegum in earliness.

I aim for the ones that are most compact in flower structure ie most pistils forming and then I look for most frost and smell. The biggest most vigorous phenotypes are not often the strongest in effects. I want a medium sized compact flower concentrated with resin.

Cheers!

Thanks bud! Early tester of #2 is stroooong! Pleasantly surprised, been years since I had anything near this potent. Bruce Banner is the real deal if you find the right phenotype. Very early #2, in class with Bubblegum in earliness.

I aim for the ones that are most compact in flower structure ie most pistils forming and then I look for most frost and smell. The biggest most vigorous phenotypes are not often the strongest in effects. I want a medium sized compact flower concentrated with resin.

Cheers!
I'm with you on the preference for potency!

IMG_20240505_165029776.jpg
IMG_20240505_165046672.jpg
IMG_20240505_170613318.jpg
IMG_20240505_170640607.jpg

Day 54 since flip! Two more days and 8 weeks are done.

One of the girls has one and a half week left making her ready for harvest in 9.5 weeks from flip. I will probably harvest most at the 10 week mark harvesting some of them early. I need to dial things down as soon as possible before I have to move.

First runoff reading:

600ppm / 1.2 EC in, 750ppm / 1.55 EC out.

pH 6.4 in, pH 6.0 out.

Cheers!

Looking chunky and frosty my friend!! Pretty damn cool!! Happy Tuesday!! 😎✌️
Thanks bud! They are getting along, just a week and I'll start to harvest the earliest #2, done in 9 weeks from flip.

We're 57 days from flip! Start of week 9.
IMG_6243.JPG
IMG_6240.JPG

Pheno #8 keeper. Nice compact flower clusters, greasy. Looks more like an oldshool diesel than OG kush.
IMG_6242.JPG

Pheno #2 keeper, not a heavy yielder but very early finisher, greasy and potent. Banner OG dominant.
IMG_6241.JPG

The biggest hog of the bunch. Heavy yielder but not as greasy as the two other keepers.

Cheers!

59 days from flip! I've installed the new carbon filter. It's 5 feet from floor and now the place smell clean and sterile. Humidifier is running constantly set to 50% RH.
IMG_20240510_164435806.jpg
IMG_20240510_164519211.jpg
IMG_20240510_164446783.jpg
IMG_20240510_164452868.jpg
IMG_20240510_164457745.jpg
IMG_20240510_164511679.jpg

First runoff reading is coming up! Updating this post in 10 minutes.

Edit: First runoff reading:

575ppm / 1.15 EC in, 750ppm / 1.5 EC out.

pH 6.7 in, pH 6.0 out.

- Raising input pH to 7.0

Cheers!

I would like to try SouthernAG Garden Friendly Fungicide, it's on my wishlist but it's impossible to source here

Send me a PM with your needs and I take a look if I can send it to you. - You offered me your help, and at least I can give it back to you on this way :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom