Stu’s First Grow

Those clips are so cool! I’ve read about them in your thread, I feel I’m following to many journals :confused: I had seen them clips but had totally forgot about them as I’m reading to many random places, but I like this quadlining idea and now I have a set grow plan in mind to follow, so I can focus more on threads like yours and Asesino’s and really get this style in my head,
Thanks InTheShed

Hey Stu hope all is well. I hope you don’t mind if I follow along as I have just purchased some qbs. I am also a fellow Canadian and hard core concentrate consumer LMAO I have been HID for over ten years and now just getting my feet wet to LED. Growing in a Canadian basement in the winter as well I will never part with my 1000 watt hps. It is an extension of my arm and my grow needs the heat. I will run my 1000 beside my new HLG 550 over a 8 bucket 150 liter RDWC system as a little test to answer many?? I have. I have been doing a lot of research on these qbs they seem solid so it might be a good start. Good luck

Hey Stu hope all is well. I hope you don’t mind if I follow along as I have just purchased some qbs. I am also a fellow Canadian and hard core concentrate consumer LMAO I have been HID for over ten years and now just getting my feet wet to LED. Growing in a Canadian basement in the winter as well I will never part with my 1000 watt hps. It is an extension of my arm and my grow needs the heat. I will run my 1000 beside my new HLG 550 over a 8 bucket 150 liter RDWC system as a little test to answer many?? I have. I have been doing a lot of research on these qbs they seem solid so it might be a good start. Good luck
You should have a read through this journal...it's a hoot!
Rider509 - Two Thais & G13

You should have a read through this journal...it's a hoot!
Rider509 - Two Thais & G13
Hey Shed our paths have crossed on @Guy Cavallero journal. He is a very good friend of mine(20year). Riders journal. I spent so much time creeping his info as well as @Scrogdawg info before I joined LMAO. My first system I built in March was almost the same as scrogs and Riders just fitted for my space. Too funny love this place. Anyways nice too meet you Shed

Hey Shed our paths have crossed on @Guy Cavallero journal. He is a very good friend of mine(20year). Riders journal. I spent so much time creeping his info as well as @Scrogdawg info before I joined LMAO. My first system I built in March was almost the same as scrogs and Riders just fitted for my space. Too funny love this place. Anyways nice too meet you Shed
Oh true! Sorry KC, it's a reflex to post that link anytime someone mentions RDWC :). Good to see you again!

Ugh oh, I got into reading Asesino85’s journal, and Damn no wonder that’s journal of the month this month, I’m about 20 pages in of 60 lol.... long story short I got impatient/excited :laugh: and really liked his quadlining and as I have no decided route I’m taking and have never done this before, I figured hey that’s a good detailed up to date active thread to follow.....back to my getting excited I went downstairs and chopped nodes 1,2 and 5 off of one plant lol, on top of the 4th node there is 2 nice starts to more leaves just like on the third node has just can’t see in the picture. This is going to be good learning for me, very very curious to see how the plant reacts now over the next couple days... if all looks good I’ll do the same to the other 5

BB178232-E5B4-42AE-A632-C7A0959662C8.jpeg

Appreciate the kind words Stu! As Shed said, it's really not that complicated of a process. It's more about doing things at the right time and not letting the plant waste much energy. I think you've nailed the timing of the quadline process on this one. I couldn't have a better example of when to start the quadline. Honestly, you have got two little shoots coming out of node 3 and your top on 4 is well off. It's perfect.

I'm happy you've liked my journal so far but somewhere in the middle it gets a bit off track when I have a cloning issue and end up vegging some things for way too long. I have just started another round and on page 57 is where I begin that new chapter. I'm probably a week or so behind you and since I grow in Coco I will probably catch up quick. Very excited to see someone new trying quadlining and throw a #Quadsquad up in your signature if you want to let others know your doing it! I'm glad I found you early on in the process so I can watch the whole thing unfold! Keep up the good work.

:welcome: Hello KCCO77, I’d be more than happy to have you here! Welcome to my little corner of this awesome site. I’m new and inexperienced so I’ll take any tips you want to throw out along the way.
Stu

Appreciate the kind words Stu! As Shed said, it's really not that complicated of a process. It's more about doing things at the right time and not letting the plant waste much energy. I think you've nailed the timing of the quadline process on this one. I couldn't have a better example of when to start the quadline. Honestly, you have got two little shoots coming out of node 3 and your top on 4 is well off. It's perfect.

I'm happy you've liked my journal so far but somewhere in the middle it gets a bit off track when I have a cloning issue and end up vegging some things for way too long. I have just started another round and on page 57 is where I begin that new chapter. I'm probably a week or so behind you and since I grow in Coco I will probably catch up quick. Very excited to see someone new trying quadlining and throw a #Quadsquad up in your signature if you want to let others know your doing it! I'm glad I found you early on in the process so I can watch the whole thing unfold! Keep up the good work.

Oh oh I’m so happy you and InTheShed have found me!!!!:yahoo: I’m grateful that you want to watch my first grow and offer a helping hand along the way, you guys are just too kind! Feel free to tell me anything I’m doing wrong anytime, or if I do something dumb tell me pls lol, I can take criticism well, and I want to learn the right way the first time.

I’m happy you like the point at which I decided to cut her, I figured if I’m gonna do it there’s no sense letting her get a little bigger to just cut those leaves off anyways, this way she can focus on the 4 mains early on. Like you’ve said lol...
I just got home and am about to go check oh her, haven’t seen since I trimmed, I’m a bit worried lol so hopefully she looks happy still..... And if all looks good I’ll be topping the others tonight or tomorrow, not sure how long she needs to rebound.... once they've rebounded when do you figure I should start up with the nutes? Wait till there 30 days old was what my original plan was

That’s cool I’m gonna go check out page 57 now :reading420magazine:

Hello , I have never tried this quadlining thing , does it really make a big difference on yields or quality vs topping etc , is the juice worth the squeeze , ?
I'm slightly biased but if you grow indoors in a tent, it is a good way to get impressive yields while keeping the plant lower vertically. If done at the right times when the plants are healthy and growing aggressively it can barely add any veg time to the first half of your grow either. It also keeps the colas spaced out evenly so air can always flow in flower stage, decreasing the chance of mold.

I do also thinks it helps yield as it guides the plants energy to the main colas. You discard a lot of branches that are weak or won't get good light and you get rid of nodes that won't amount to anything at the end early on. That way the energy is always flowing to the good parts of the plant the entire grow, limiting wasted energy.

Back
Top Bottom