Stu’s First Grow

Oh please do! @Dutchman1990. I’ve seen lots of your posts around the forum, time to check out your journals now too, thx for stopping by.... yeah was a one and only stop in at that shop, I got a legal travel container now though for my glove box :)

Just took this pic now
2ADBA858-3758-49CE-AA02-8E06D893F522.jpeg
Beauty!! Looking green! Cheers !

LOL! Gimme a second to post :). I wasn't just going to spam-like the entries!

There are so many lighting choices and theories that it can drive you nuts. In my thread it's been all LED strip lighting talk for the last 3 days. I've got a 2x4 space to fill and went with 13 Samsung strips. Strips and driver came to around $300 US including tax. If you don't mind a bit of building I'd save a chunk of money and build either a strip system or a QB system like @EhCndGrower posted (only you save money by buying the parts and wiring and mounting it yourself if you're so inclined).

Two Mars units would be good too. I've got a Mars 300 now that sits about 16" off the tops and covers two plants in 7 gallon pots.

Your babies look like they're coming along nicely. The guide for nutes is usually when the plant starts to eat the cotyledons it's time to feed them. If they're growing well I start earlier at low strength.

LOL! Gimme a second to post :). I wasn't just going to spam-like the entries!

LOL I was just happy to see the likes, and that your were looking at my journal.
Thanks for stopping by! And for your advice
The people here are so awesome, really glad I joined up and am getting envolved in the forum
Thanks for stopping by everyone who has so far!

:thanks:

Yes so many light options, it is driving me nuts... I spent a bunch of time on you tube and websites looking at lights today and I feel the quantum boards are the way to go, lol I’ve been all over the place and brain is tired of looking at lights now...so I have to thank ehcdngrower for the recommendation to go that route, I haven’t hit the order button yet but have one loaded in my cart on their site, they are expensive at 761 USD, so I’ll start with one and buy a second in due time.

Not honestly sure when I’ll start with nutes, first will be the Sensi grow a&b I think after I top and they recover I’ll start them. I have the b-52, rhino skin, big bud, and Sensi grows need to buy Sensi bloom, X factor and possibly overdrive still. I’m a bit timid for the nutes still so this first grow I may do 3 plants with nutes and 3 without just not sure yet, more studing to do.
Stu

It always helps to figure out what you spend on cannabis a month or year. Then you can see what you're going to save growing your own and the lights pay for themselves. I'd get a few grows in before you decide to upgrade. Keep in mind that the plants can only use 1000 umols of light without needing supplemental CO2, nutes, and heat. Don't overbuy watts unless you're prepared to upgrade the entire grow operation!

It always helps to figure out what you spend on cannabis a month or year. Then you can see what you're going to save growing your own and the lights pay for themselves. I'd get a few grows in before you decide to upgrade. Keep in mind that the plants can only use 1000 umols of light without needing supplemental CO2, nutes, and heat. Don't overbuy watts unless you're prepared to upgrade the entire grow operation!

Okay thank you for that extra info, I don’t ever want to use CO2, I’ll play with the one qb and see how it goes... on the note of what I smoke a month/year it’s a crazy number... I spend min 400 usually closer to 5-600 a month, depends if I order fancy stuff from online or just stick to my guy.

Stu

Congrats on the purchase. It is a painful purchase on the wallet but the results are starting to speak for themselves in my tent setup, and the 3k is the way to go for sure.

Morning all, hope your Sunday is going good :nomo:
I’ve finally dialed in my temps and humidity over the last 2 days I’ve not dropped below 49%RH and been able to get heat stable at 74-76 lights on and 70-72 lights out, mini ceramic heater and a new inline fan seem to be doing the trick, has been holding these rh and temps since Friday evening, so I’m quite pleased this am to see a good temp and rh when the lights came on

7801FB68-BA62-47FB-9579-B32B585D80BA.jpeg

B414AE4F-FEB0-4484-AFFB-2ACCD36C155B.jpeg
4BC846CF-68E6-4BAA-AFE8-5D7ADE1BDE46.jpeg

I still have a blue cookie from cks about 2” sprout, healthy lil guy, he’s fighting for a sliver of light under my under powered lights atm.
I’m looking to give away to someone in Regina Saskatchewan, and hopefully make a grow buddy from it, got to be some sask growers here
:thanks:
Stu

Things are starting to look really good man!

Thanks HayStack :)
I had a look through your recent journal, that first picture :laugh:....the root growth on those girls is crazy after such short time. I’ll be watching for the pics and curiosity of the hydro set up, wasn’t going to follow any hydro journals but I’m curious to watch yours grow now, I got lotsa soil learning to do..maybe in a few years I’ll dabble into that fun stuff
Stu

Thanks HayStack :)
I had a look through your recent journal, that first picture :laugh:....the root growth on those girls is crazy after such short time. I’ll be watching for the pics and curiosity of the hydro set up, wasn’t going to follow any hydro journals but I’m curious to watch yours grow now, I got lotsa soil learning to do..maybe in a few years I’ll dabble into that fun stuff
Stu
Thanks Stu,
This is my first try at hydro and I have no idea what I'm doing . Lol. But things seem to be good so far. I need to add a reservoir though. It's kind of a PITA to change the buckets every weekend.

Nice, I also have no idea what I’m doing :rofl: I’m just buying expensive things and copying what I see others doing, thank gosh for these other people who do know what there doing and are more than happy to help!

Ugh oh, I got into reading Asesino85’s journal, and Damn no wonder that’s journal of the month this month, I’m about 20 pages in of 60 lol.... long story short I got impatient/excited :laugh: and really liked his quadlining and as I have no decided route I’m taking and have never done this before, I figured hey that’s a good detailed up to date active thread to follow.....back to my getting excited I went downstairs and chopped nodes 1,2 and 5 off of one plant lol, on top of the 4th node there is 2 nice starts to more leaves just like on the third node has just can’t see in the picture. This is going to be good learning for me, very very curious to see how the plant reacts now over the next couple days... if all looks good I’ll do the same to the other 5

BB178232-E5B4-42AE-A632-C7A0959662C8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom