Stuck it in some dirt and letting it grow.

Looks good man. . not much longer it seems. .. :allgood:

newbiegrower: CFL's are good, but not the best for your dollar. .. for example:

I'm using 10 of the 42 watt (150 watt) soft whites at 2600 lumens each, for flowering. . thats what 26000 lumens. . . at 420 watts, if all the lights are properly hooded or directed. . The HPS I am getting next month 400 watts. . . at 55,000 lumens. See I'm already over wattage with 10 CFL's and less than half of the amount of light. . . when you start doing the math it is easy to see. . .

Of course I am not saying you can't get decent yields with CFL's. . . just not compared to an HPS. . .

Bagz :peace:

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned exactly what this plant was being grown with, so, here it goes:

-Miracle Grow 30 day release soil
-Bag seed from some low grade Mexican brick weed, seeds germinated with distilled water (out of 30 seeds, 30 germinated using Distilled water)
-8 46Watt red spectrum 1600 lumen CFL's from Wal-mart (along with reflecting hoods and V adapters so theres 2 CFL's under every hood)
-Lights on 12/12 from first sprout
-Mexican Bat Guano was used until plant showed sex
then
-Fox Farms Big Bloom nutrients, 1 teaspoon per gallon after plant showed us her pubes.

I've also got a few mason jars that I've emptied, washed with soap, and then boiled for the cure later, along with some paper bags for drying.

I've also stopped giving the plants nutrients, and hopefully will be harvesting in the next 2 weeks. I've got a 30x hand held microscope and I'll be harvesting when 1/2 the trichromes are amber, 1/2 cloudy. Right now almost all the trichromes are cloudy.

In the past we always had a really bad germination rate with bag seeds so we put 30 seeds to germinate. We decided to use distilled water and all 30 had sprout. Originally there were 8 plants, but freak accidents (dogs & cats) killed all but 6, and one of the 2 turned male.

^ actually it looks like he's murdering that side of the plant where the light is.. I agree, hang 'em over the top man (but NOT too close!!).

Rob :peace:

I'm noticing the lower leaves are starting to fade from a dark green to more of a light green, looks like they'll eventually turn yellow. I'm guessing its because we stopped giving it nutes almost a week an a half ago. Seem normal to everyone?

Can you post some fresh pics before / after you cut??

Updated pic: :trance:

DSCF5962_Large_.JPG

Whoa, no disrespect at all man your plant looks very healthy and great but it is so much smaller than I thought it was, lol. I thought it was like a 4ft or 5ft plant. Looks like you'll have a cool ounce for sure!
Yeah, I kept looking at the other pics and I was like "those pics are really deceiving" so I decided to post something for size reference. The plant is about 2 1/2 feet tall, its a dwarf because its been growing on 12/12 from sprout. Its been more of just an experimental grow than anything else.

Wow that really looks better then I thought it would.... kickass! Congrats
Thanks. :allgood:

We more than likely will harvest sometime next week, we stopped giving it nutrients about 3 weeks ago and the lower leaves are all turning yellow and its basically just stopped growing. Probably should have gone another 4 weeks or so giving it nutes before we started flushing it out. Wasn't really planned...when we moved it the nutrients got packed into some random box and we have no idea where they are so...:hmmmm:

I've got a paper bag ready for the dry and then a few mason jars for the cure.

TODAY WAS HARVEST DAY! I just got done bagging it all up to dry. Man, I can't belive how long it took to clean up and manicure the buds, thats a TON of work. Took me a little over an hour for 1 plant. But it was worth it. I cant even believe how much bud we got from this one plant, I know it'll shrink up a lot after its dry, but man, I'm so happy right now. When the plant was growing it smelt like a skunks ass, but now that its all cut up, I smell the bag its in and I swear it smells like grape kool-aid. :allgood: :cheesygrinsmiley:

As requested, heres a picture of the plant right before it was harvested, out of the grow room, awaiting its demise.
1118.jpg

Main Cola
439.jpg

Group shot
2115.jpg

Stripped and naked stem
3116.jpg

This stuff smells good guys, I used a 30x magnifier and I just got lucky, I thought I was harvesting too early but most of the trichromes were cloudy, and sprinkled throughout were quite a few amber trics. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom