The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Purples

Re: The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Pur

well this is stupid and disappointing,,my purple#1 female has busted out with nanners all over her four main tops!! im trying to decide what to do,

,im pretty sure the light stress and top snapping off 2 weeks into flower ,wild temp fluctuations are the cause of it,started with a 400 watt hps,that quit, unknown amount of darkness,switch to 17 cfl's for 2 weeks or more,then back to hps 400 till bulb went out ,30+ hrs darkness cfls again, to a 600watt jd lighting hps and blamo!! herm city!,

,do you guys think i should let her go and masturbate/do herself into oblivion and be happy with all the fem seeds,or get her as pollinated as i can with the pollen i have saved (p#1,rpk)
or grind her into dust with burnouts in my truck? lol j/k im not to upset really, i feel its basically my fault for not getting a backup bulb, but i still have to figure out what to do, any suggestions?

Re: The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Pur

A back up bulb...:hmmmm: I like your poor planning solution thought I should get a back up bulb.

:peacetwo:

Sorry to here about the hermies. you did have a string of bad luck with this crew of ladies .
Being a newbi and all ,I would opt for all the fem seeds I could get my hands on. Thats just the opinion of a nieve beginner.:party:

A back up bulb...:hmmmm: I like your poor planning solution thought I should get a back up bulb.

:peacetwo:
well it all happened so fast i dont think i got a solid month without trouble out of that first light setup, my plan was as soon as i had the extra cash id get a spare bulb, but it broke faster than i could take action, ah well i got more beans:morenutes:
Sorry to here about the hermies. you did have a string of bad luck with this crew of ladies .
Being a newbi and all ,I would opt for all the fem seeds I could get my hands on. Thats just the opinion of a nieve beginner.:party:
im no pro bro! im new to hps i have yet to finish a crop with one!! im actually fairly skilled with cfl lol and the south 40 i will prolly just let it do its thing, i dont cull many :thumb:

well this is stupid and disappointing,,my purple#1 female has busted out with nanners all over her four main tops!! im trying to decide what to do,

,im pretty sure the light stress and top snapping off 2 weeks into flower ,wild temp fluctuations are the cause of it,started with a 400 watt hps,that quit, unknown amount of darkness,switch to 17 cfl's for 2 weeks or more,then back to hps 400 till bulb went out ,30+ hrs darkness cfls again, to a 600watt jd lighting hps and blamo!! herm city!,

,do you guys think i should let her go and masturbate/do herself into oblivion and be happy with all the fem seeds,or get her as pollinated as i can with the pollen i have saved (p#1,rpk)
or grind her into dust with burnouts in my truck? lol j/k im not to upset really, i feel its basically my fault for not getting a backup bulb, but i still have to figure out what to do, any suggestions?

What to do when options suck? Burn the tires off your truck :yahoo:
Don't let Fate take all your luck; you lost a penny now throw in a buck.

BTW, didn't you get some fresh seed recently? You could throw them away, or...

What to do when options suck? Burn the tires off your truck :yahoo:
Don't let Fate take all your luck; you lost a penny now throw in a buck.

BTW, didn't you get some fresh seed recently? You could throw them away, or...
that sounds alot like "start over" i have invested much time and $ in this nightmare not sure its even possible for me to start all over again, and much light can come from darkness, im culling the males, putting the plant in there and waiting/watching to see how it goes i might not get much from it for smoke but this run was for seed anyway, according to several sources the way i have accidentally induced all these nanners is exactly how many "pros" go about getting their fem seed stock to avoid using chemical stressors and i have some new strains in seedling form at present, so i'll be on to bigger n better soon, today marks 5 weeks flower for purple #1 its an 8-9 wk strain, so not much longer anyway, plus i love freaky shit, this is kinda fun for me:thumb: no worries

I made 'humor' from the dark side. Laugh at circumstances, they could be worse.
One could even assure worse intentionally, or unknowingly :hmmmm:

If I missed my mark, I apologize for rudeness.
Among poor people, humor is the great equalizer for happiness.

i did indeed smile ,no apology good sir i wont have it! i respect your opinion thus i sought solid clarity,to be sure, unfortunately this medium can be poor to communicate sarcastic,ambiguous ,tongue in cheek humor, for an eyes twinkle and a voices tone dont so well type, at times i get so close to things i forget that,
despite my grain of salt atty toode :Namaste:

I had a hermy my last grow. My biggest lesson that grow was that I should not have let it live. I was picking balls off for 3 weeks at about an hour per day. THen when all done it was full of seeds and matured earlier than the rest of my plant. All plants had seed here and there.

If I had it to do over again I would chop it at first sign. Garden space is too precious for plants to go to seed.

Your mileage may varry.

Laugh at a friend in his self-inflicted pain, Moi??? It's what friends do.
"Are we having fun, yet?"

Seriously, bulbs almost never blow. Proceed as though it won't happen again.
It's like an important car trip that you drive, with no spare tire. I've done it.

Get an extra when you can ;)

Imho, I'd isolate it & grow it out...under flouros if necessary. Maybe get feminized seeds out of it if you're lucky. As you said, you've got a lot of time, care & $$ invested already; what could you possibly lose? Flouros cost squat to run the rest of the way. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,
John

Yep, I agree with Jam. If you have a safe place to isolate the herm, then DO IT! Hell, worst that can happen is you get SOME smoke, and some seed. At the VERY worst, you get seed that are likely to herm, although, since this plant was "induced" through stress, the chances are less that they'll be herm prone. I can tell you, from experience (2 grows ago, my first journal here) that the smoke will still be quality.
Say some day you run low on funds, and realize your seed stash from all the wonderful sales is low too. You'll have 50+ seeds (I had over 100) of good genetics, that are only "slightly likely" to herm. What would you rather have, if money were an issue? A couple good seeds left and no cash to buy more, or a shit ton of decent smoke on the horizon:hmmmm:
Plus, this experience with a hermie can only do one thing...Teach:thumb:

Yeah, those seeds will have a tendency to hermiate (sp?) under light stress, but that was accidental and unlikely to happen again. So if it is the seeds you want, let it go.
Isolate it if you don't want any crossing going on, or keep it in the flower room if you want seeds in everything. In my novice opinion, the seeds are still good. Just be careful and take note that they don't like light stress...

I just woke up and have not had "breakfast" yet. Reading your poem like posts above has my mind spinning ;) Nicely said though.

Best Wishes ;)

Laugh at a friend in his self-inflicted pain, Moi??? It's what friends do.
"Are we having fun, yet?"

Seriously, bulbs almost never blow. Proceed as though it won't happen again.
It's like an important car trip that you drive, with no spare tire. I've done it.

Get an extra when you can ;)
for the 600 i have a spare so im good, soon enough i will have the 400 too,spiffy decided to just go cfl,, i smiling and you'll know why in a sec

Imho, I'd isolate it & grow it out...under flouros if necessary. Maybe get feminized seeds out of it if you're lucky. As you said, you've got a lot of time, care & $$ invested already; what could you possibly lose? Flouros cost squat to run the rest of the way. Just a suggestion.

Cheers,
John
:high-five::thumb:thanks for the input its solid and i would do that but,,,,,,,,,see below

Yep, I agree with Jam. If you have a safe place to isolate the herm, then DO IT! Hell, worst that can happen is you get SOME smoke, and some seed. At the VERY worst, you get seed that are likely to herm, although, since this plant was "induced" through stress, the chances are less that they'll be herm prone. I can tell you, from experience (2 grows ago, my first journal here) that the smoke will still be quality.
Say some day you run low on funds, and realize your seed stash from all the wonderful sales is low too. You'll have 50+ seeds (I had over 100) of good genetics, that are only "slightly likely" to herm. What would you rather have, if money were an issue? A couple good seeds left and no cash to buy more, or a shit ton of decent smoke on the horizon:hmmmm:
Plus, this experience with a hermie can only do one thing...Teach:thumb:
yup your right,,i have a new plan ........see below,,thank you brother:high-five::circle-of-love::peace:

Yeah, those seeds will have a tendency to hermiate (sp?) under light stress, but that was accidental and unlikely to happen again. So if it is the seeds you want, let it go.
Isolate it if you don't want any crossing going on, or keep it in the flower room if you want seeds in everything. In my novice opinion, the seeds are still good. Just be careful and take note that they don't like light stress...

I just woke up and have not had "breakfast" yet. Reading your poem like posts above has my mind spinning ;) Nicely said though.

Best Wishes ;)
yeah i have been running on herm seed for a long time, i was light stressing on purpose every so often with my old strain "trailor trash" to get seed to keep in seedstock thanks for chiming in, sorry i get that way sometimes when i am working out a problem,,have some breakfast and come back this is gonna get interesting!!

i have a PLAN
i have been stressing myself to insanity for the last couple days and have happily arrived at my new plan,,A FULL BLOWN SEED RUN!!, I have a male royal purple kush in full blown load blow mode, and a room full of females that have ALL hermied from light stress yup spotted a few balls on the purple maroc too! (no surprise) so i have decided to put the rpk in the veg room and let him pollinate the girls completely!!!:high-five:

at least that way i know what is crossed with what, all seeds (95%) will have rpk daddy and i'lll get a bucket full of seeds from kick ass genetics, rpk is black afgani x bubba kush,, purple maroc is purple power x Moroccan, purple #1 is unknown indica dominate/sativa hybrid:thumb: so thats it guys n gals its bow chicka wow wow time!! i figure i wont need to buy seed pretty much forever! unless i really want to, and i have plenty of choices in hand already, so its a purple party extraordinaire, in the old flower room, i will put some pics up of him in there soon! i have a couple trailor trash ladies in there too so hmm "purple trailor kush"?

im pretty sure if they are all prego before the hermie sacks open that pollen will be mostly ignored i dont see how they can get use out of more than one flavor of pollen per calyx anyway
im just glad i dont have to fret over what to do, just gonna let nature run its course! then clean the hell out of the grow spaces,
question when i clean up all that pollen whats the best nutralizer? water?

sounds very interesting. :p
i've had huge plan re-thoughts too, more or less leading me to a restart.

Back
Top Bottom