The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Purples

Re: The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Pur

hehe, I answered this over in Twelve12's journal, but figured I paste it here as well.

...due to light stress all my girls except trailor trash are showing signs of hermie so i decided to go for a bean run and stuck my royal purple kush male into the flower room!! yup i know seed heaven, i'll be crossing him with purple#1 and purple maroc and trailor trash, i figure if i get them polinated with a known dad i'll know what crossed with what before the hermie pollen hits, does that sound about right to you? what do ya think of this? oh and what do you reccomend for pollen clean up after this is done?:thumb: hope all is well. looking fwd to your list of crosses:high-five:

Hey... ummm... be sure to REMOVE the hermie male flowers from P1, Maroc, and T-Trash, or you will get some self and fem cross seed mixed in with what you think will be RPK crossed seeds.

Pollen cleanup takes a HAZMAT team to get it all. No, really, 1pt vinegar and 3pt water (25% solution) in a big spray bottle, and a scrubby pad. Ceiling first, then walls, then floor, but you knew that. Just make sure you dry the floor well, and get all the corners, top side and bottom really well with the spray. If it is enclosed, leave open 24 - 48 hours to dry completely before replacing any gear.

Re: The Bid 2.0 Grow -400W HPS - Blue Planet -Hempy-Coco-WW-Diamond Girl-Multiple Pur

hehe, I answered this over in Twelve12's journal, but figured I paste it here as well.

Hey... ummm... be sure to REMOVE the hermie male flowers from P1, Maroc, and T-Trash, or you will get some self and fem cross seed mixed in with what you think will be RPK crossed seeds.

Pollen cleanup takes a HAZMAT team to get it all. No, really, 1pt vinegar and 3pt water (25% solution) in a big spray bottle, and a scrubby pad. Ceiling first, then walls, then floor, but you knew that. Just make sure you dry the floor well, and get all the corners, top side and bottom really well with the spray. If it is enclosed, leave open 24 - 48 hours to dry completely before replacing any gear.

I would add a second wipe down with bleach.
you still got the air cleaner seen in some of you picks if so clean this too then close inside the grow space.

hmm mix a little bleach with some ammonia and blk powder and soap, after it explodes it will be squeaky clean!! :rofl:lmao, yeah im not overly worried about it water,heat and light all kill pollen so i'll do some vinegar & water then turn the space heater all the way up for a few hrs with the air purifier running its an orec xl it kills 99.99% alergens like pollen,(i'll clean it first) and stick a couple negative ion generators in there there will be no pollen whatsoever, thanks for the help guyz! u rok:high-five::high-five::peace:

PICS note the nanner festival, and wilty male that has since perked up, in with the girls *wink wink nudge nudge* in a beavis voice "he he he yea yea there like doing it!! yea ya hehe"
DSCI10341.JPG
DSCI1032.JPG
DSCI1043.JPG
DSCI1030.JPG
DSCI1037.JPG
DSCI1036.JPG
DSCI1047.JPG
DSCI1046.JPG

Clean-up after this grow? Like swabbing out the boy's room at the Y :rofl:
Pick your poison, just don't mix bleach with ammonia please, ever.

Purple's a good color for the lucky procreator. You go, Doode :woohoo:

Holy BANANNAS!! Wow, now there's a he-she!!

Bddy baby, I'm not so sure its safe to assume that the herms wont accept pollen from themselves, just because the one male has polinated them first...I would have to wonder if there are certain calyxes that are "ready" to accept pollen, before others are...such as newer growth that hasn't matured yet...BUT, if you stick with this plan, at least you have SOME control oveer what the outcome is. Yoiu can be assured that your crosses will only be, well, what you had in there lol. Then you can start a good 30 seeds on the next run, pick winners, look for magic phenos, and re-name the strain, cuz, well, you wont really KNOW which are which.
So heres to having a seed stash galore, and starting your own "Purple People Eater" strain!!:high-five:

Clean-up after this grow? Like swabbing out the boy's room at the Y :rofl:
Pick your poison, just don't mix bleach with ammonia please, ever.

Purple's a good color for the lucky procreator. You go, Doode :woohoo:
yeah i was just kidding with that, i dont really wanna make mustard gas!! yikes, i will get it clean, no worries! i got a new exhaust fan and 8 feet of ducting, that should help greatly with the amount of pollen in there and the main reason heat and air exchange im gonna get a carbon can and fan combo soon too, im tired of bad air (really my last enviro that needs attention) some new micro pruning shears and some odds n ends at homie dees today :high-five:

Holy BANANNAS!! Wow, now there's a he-she!!

Bddy baby, I'm not so sure its safe to assume that the herms wont accept pollen from themselves, just because the one male has polinated them first...I would have to wonder if there are certain calyxes that are "ready" to accept pollen, before others are...such as newer growth that hasn't matured yet...BUT, if you stick with this plan, at least you have SOME control oveer what the outcome is. Yoiu can be assured that your crosses will only be, well, what you had in there lol. Then you can start a good 30 seeds on the next run, pick winners, look for magic phenos, and re-name the strain, cuz, well, you wont really KNOW which are which.
So heres to having a seed stash galore, and starting your own "Purple People Eater" strain!!:high-five:
very good points, and i was thinking the same, in any case they are all purples and of good genetic lines so in any case i'll be happy, i swore if royal purle kush was a male i would hang on to the genetics,,,well boy did i!! i just love the afgani smell and growth i looked it up and from what i have read itsa devastating kik ur ass strain great for pain and insomnia PERFECT! just what i need, here i'll post the 3 write up that i have , so you can see what im crossing
Royal Purple Kush
Vigorous vegetative growth allows for a hearty infrastructure, resulting in multiple large, fragrant, THC-encrusted "castle" colas.

You can veg it longer than most plants, as it only stretches about 15-25% after entering the flowering cycle. You can enhance the plant's purple colouring by dropping the temperature or feeding with gradually colder water in the last weeks of flowering (indoor or outdoor). This plant is slightly susceptible so ensure you use your preventatives.

The distinctive sweet taste of the Black Afghani mother is enhanced by the peppery and fruit flavours of the Bubba Kush Kush dad, giving Royal Purple Kush a complex, otherworldly flavour that has to be experienced. The high is well-balanced, both energetic and serene.

Royal Purple Kush is not only a beautiful flowering plant, but its high cannabinoid levels provide a stonier punch than your average purple. This is the purple you want for your library.

Genetics: Black Afghani x Bubba Kush
Indica/Sativa: 85:15
Yield: Medium - High
Harvest: 8-9 weeks/early Oct
Stature: Medium
Purple Maroc
A cross of Purple Power with a big fat tasty Maroccan mother.
While the mother has been selected on weight and taste, she adds power and resin production to the Purple Power. Both strains are super early and the fastest varieties available for outdoor in cold/mountain climates. This with the great taste of the Maroc it's an absolute winner.
Some buds will be light purple overloaded with resin. A true eye-candy!
Best sowing time is end of April.
Flowering period: 7 weeks
Height: 2m (when sown mid-May 1.5m)
Yield: Fast
Harvest outdoors: End Aug - September

Purple #1
A strong plant (50% Indica, 50% Sativa), easy to grow. Purple Afghan seeds have been crossed in Holland with Indica and Sativa varieties since 1983. The plants are fully adapted to the Dutch climate and have a respectable yield. This variety has calyxes that turn purple, starting at the beginning of flowering. Up to 90% of the plants turn purple. Has a rough, but subtle aroma and a very good high.
flowering period: 8 weeks
harvest time outdoor: 2nd half of Sept., 1st week of Oct.

sounds like hella good crosses to me, and i will have fun creating some new strains for sure!!:thumb:

Hey brotha, just a thought, with your bulbs blowing out on you...

just a thought... I'm sure it's not the issue, just want to check it off on my list... when you screw the bulb in... you either use a rag to screw it in, or at least wipe down the bulb free of finger prints before firing it up... right?

:peacetwo:

well i must be cursed or something, my new ballast has stopped! i was in there hanging out and the light went off, i checked it found nothing out of order it was not to hot just a little warm to the touch, i unplugged it waited a bit then i tried the other bulb i have no go, i plugged it into a different outlet with no timer or anything still no go, i contacted them and will call em in the morning, so once again i put them on cfl uuuggghhh! i curse at the hps gods! much more of this and i will give up this hobby!!, well i did get an exhaust fan installed so i can vent the heat and pull in fresh,but still this grow is so effed!

well i must be cursed or something, my new ballast has stopped! i was in there hanging out and the light went off, i checked it found nothing out of order it was not to hot just a little warm to the touch, i unplugged it waited a bit then i tried the other bulb i have no go, i plugged it into a different outlet with no timer or anything still no go, i contacted them and will call em in the morning, so once again i put them on cfl uuuggghhh! i curse at the hps gods! much more of this and i will give up this hobby!!, well i did get an exhaust fan installed so i can vent the heat and pull in fresh,but still this grow is so effed!

Wow! That's 2 in two months. Is this one the jd lighting 600w hps? Are your lights on a surge protector? You might be getting power spikes causing your problems... is there a little reset button?

Wow sorry to hear that. Are you dealing with the same people you bought 400 Watt from?

Sent from my LG-P505 using Forum Runner
no not those ppl they have been cool except for the bulb replacement its taking forever to get it, we paid shipping and handling before i even started talking to the new light ppl, (sigh) so no back up except cfl

Wow! That's 2 in two months. Is this one the jd lighting 600w hps? Are your lights on a surge protector? You might be getting power spikes causing your problems... is there a little reset button?
i always run surge protectors, ever since i was a pup and started using high power/delicate music/studio equipment,,no reset button,no fuse, just cord in,out and power setting knob, i know the first 400 ballast was a defective unit, they replaced it with a totally different ballast, and changed all their ads to show the new unit, i have had no storms or power outages in a couple months, im thinking i just have crap luck,:thumb:

That's to bad. :( Sorry to hear, hope things turn around soon :)
it will be ok im sure,,im gonna get a tent soon so i can monitor things closer, well i am thinking on it real hard anyway:thumb:

Sorry about all the bad luck, BID. Man I sneak in and nute my GDPs real quick and dive out before they see me. DreadedPurpsPhobia, I call it..... :bitingnails:

The purple colors are coming in nice, though. :goodjob:

Time for a bowl... It will settle down the problem to a more tollerable level.

Time for some better luck for Big Irish. Wishing it your way brother.

Back
Top Bottom