To everyone:

canna_christmas_tree_11.jpg

If anyone interested I am a chef in proffesion for 14 years now...If you need any advice , recipe or some advanced culinary executions like molecular cuisine siphon etc. I'll be glad to help you out and give you tips on how you can get the maximum output from raw materials...
keep up
Subed

If anyone interested I am a chef in proffesion for 14 years now...If you need any advice , recipe or some advanced culinary executions like molecular cuisine siphon etc. I'll be glad to help you out and give you tips on how you can get the maximum output from raw materials...
keep up
Subed

Actually.....I do have a question for you. I'm going to be making a batch of caramels for a friend. She absolutely loves lemon...in everything!
I was curious if you know what would happen if I squeezed fresh lemon juice into the caramel mixture as it's cooking? Would it cause it to seize up like chocolate? Would the acidity cause issues somehow?
I was thinking if I couldn't use the juice, I could mix in some lemon zest just before pouring it.

Not sure what lemon and caramels would taste like, but you never know...it might give it a nice kick to contrast the over sweet.

Whatcha' think?

Actually.....I do have a question for you. I'm going to be making a batch of caramels for a friend. She absolutely loves lemon...in everything!
I was curious if you know what would happen if I squeezed fresh lemon juice into the caramel mixture as it's cooking? Would it cause it to seize up like chocolate? Would the acidity cause issues somehow?
I was thinking if I couldn't use the juice, I could mix in some lemon zest just before pouring it.

Not sure what lemon and caramels would taste like, but you never know...it might give it a nice kick to contrast the over sweet.

Whatcha' think?

you can add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the boiling syrup at same time as vanilla. you can also add some sea salt on top of finished caramels. :thumb:

lemon juice may make the caramel lighter in color than it would be :)

Lemon extract might be a better choice than fresh lemon juice. If you're going to top the caramels with sea salt you can also mix the salt with finely grated lemon zest and let it sit out to dry for a day or two to make lemon salt to sprinkle on 'em. If you have a mortar and pestle use it to mash the zest into the salt.

Back
Top Bottom