NuttyProfessor And His Herd Of Indigenous Microorganisms

I have read a very important little sign this week , i noticed my white widow was starting to fall asleep 3/4 hours early the 2 nights before she needed watered she was lowering her leaves 4 hours before lights out , i have been watching her closely , last night she was still praying an hour before lights off she normally does sleep between an hour and two hours before the timer switches off , but i seen the change a mile off .
This has given me signs to watch out for , :nerd-with-glasses:

Every day i see growth , its amazing , cut the purple down yesterday , shes was marked to be finished yesterday so she got the chop , make room for these big girls that are taking over . I also poured the full bucket of my microbe solution into my compost heap , this is my future soil , i am also going to get more microbes where i got them to start with , I trust the balance now , when you let your pots dry your disrupting whats going on around the roots , roots do not search for water, its a hoax , they grow in damp but not soaked soil ,
the way im looking at it now , the microbes are billions of little building workers building my plants , :ganjamon:

P1160004.JPG
P1160005.JPG
P1160007.JPG
P1160008.JPG
P1160011.JPG
P1160013.JPG
P1160018.JPG
P1160019.JPG
P1160021.JPG
P1160022.JPG

and the wet dry cycle works well for weeds but

Marijuana is actually a colloquial name for the cannabis plant. It is a plant, and it’s specifically a genus of the flowering plant family, Cannabaceae. So, biologically, marijuana is actually a flower.
so treat like a beautiful flowering plant & not a weed :yummy::ganjamon:
Congrats ,those are some nice looking buds hanging there.
Bill

that would be pretty cool ..:ganjamon:
with the right amount of light , it's very achievable in your sweet garden :lot-o-toke:

i get between half and one kilo with one plant only ( need to veg heaps ... )
you got many in there, like 4 or 5

it is very doable

check my first harvest from the staggered harvest , it's not the best , but every grow it's getting better and better.
i chop half of the plant , just the top , i got already have a decent smoke stash

MY
with the right amount of light , it's very achievable in your sweet garden :lot-o-toke:

i get between half and one kilo with one plant only ( need to veg heaps ... )
you got many in there, like 4 or 5

it is very doable

check my first harvest from the staggered harvest , it's not the best , but every grow it's getting better and better.
i chop half of the plant , just the top , i got already have a decent smoke stash

my girls are autos so not much veg room , they are at different weeks , some 7 week some 5 weeks , ive no time for regulars , ill get a look :) thanks

Every thing is running well .
I decided my next two i will bury fruit, ash, and fish , the plan is to cut up into small pieces , add to the soil , prime the soil for 4 week inculcating with microbes weekly , by the time i plant up my soil should be very fertile but not overly , the whole method of jadam is keeping soil fertile and full of life , I might even cover crop the tops of pots this time ,

Have a good day folks ,

:thumb:

P1160044.JPG
P1160045.JPG
P1160046.JPG
P1160047.JPG
P1160048.JPG
P1160049.JPG
P1160050.JPG
P1160051.JPG
P1160052.JPG
P1160058.JPG

No more messy floor with this bottom watering :)

and back at you :passitleft: @copperrein :yahoo: a have a little purple bud to try at 4.20pm
Not trying to steal your thread but I just wanted you to know that I have been looking all over the net and asking other growers what they do with there leftover compost tea and you are the first to say what I’ve been doing and I’ve been doing it nervously for two months haha. I also pour my leftover tea on my outdoor compost bin. I have a worm bin inside but don’t add it to that obviously. I’m definitely learning a lot just with your posts, thanks for all the great info!

Not trying to steal your thread but I just wanted you to know that I have been looking all over the net and asking other growers what they do with there leftover compost tea and you are the first to say what I’ve been doing and I’ve been doing it nervously for two months haha. I also pour my leftover tea on my outdoor compost bin. I have a worm bin inside but don’t add it to that obviously. I’m definitely learning a lot just with your posts, thanks for all the great info!
your very welcome , :thumb:

i have some worms coming today , i am starting up my own worm farm , this will also be updated to this journal when the time comes ,
So any worm farmers keep me right please , i have watched a lot of videos about them as my reading is useless

Every thing is running well .
I decided my next two i will bury fruit, ash, and fish , the plan is to cut up into small pieces , add to the soil , prime the soil for 4 week inculcating with microbes weekly , by the time i plant up my soil should be very fertile but not overly , the whole method of jadam is keeping soil fertile and full of life , I might even cover crop the tops of pots this time ,

Have a good day folks ,

:thumb:

P1160044.JPG
P1160045.JPG
P1160046.JPG
P1160047.JPG
P1160048.JPG
P1160049.JPG
P1160050.JPG
P1160051.JPG
P1160052.JPG
P1160058.JPG

No more messy floor with this bottom watering :)
I think these are the best growing bunch yet.
They are loving life.
Bill

Drought in cannabis plants​

In the same way that an excess of water is detrimental, lack of water can also cause the death of the roots and, therefore, the plant itself.

After a prolonged lack of irrigation, the leaves will be droopy, which is a sign that the roots are slowly becoming dry and dehydrated, as are the capillaries responsible for water absorption.

Once the capillaries become dehydrated, they will dry and die, undermining the plant's ability to take up water and food. If you re hydrate them, the plants will recover on a visual level, but many of the capillaries will be dry and useless, reducing the absorption capacity of the plant.

Recurring drought periods limit the productive capacity of the plants, as well as their ability to survive. It's even possible that a plant that has been hit hard by a long period of drought won't recover and end up dying.

Why is microbial activity less in dry soil?
Researchers investigate how microbes respire in dry conditions. Research has shown that microbial activity in soil reduces as soil moisture levels decrease :rip:, a result of both physiological stress and physical factors. :nerd-with-glasses:

Letting your soil dry out is like a human not drinking water for a week. Its not going to kill you but you will not function properly. Once peat based mixes dry out they become very water repellent, and as it may seem as if your watering alot, its just running right out the bottom....

Added this again so i can bookmark :thumb:

Dry soil conditions impact on nutrient availability​

These extended periods of very dry soil conditions can reduce Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K) availability to plants.

Nitrogen​

For N, low soil moisture decreases soil microbe activity. Microbes play an important role in breaking down organic matter and converting organic N to inorganic nitrate nitrogen, a process called mineralization. In dry soils with low N mineralization, there could be less plant available N in the form of either ammonium (NH4+-N) or nitrate (NO3--N) nitrogen. In dry soils, the risk of NO3--N loss through leaching or denitrification is reduced. While this means there is more soil N available to crops, plant uptake can be reduced. When the rains return there a can be a sudden increase in soil nitrogen. If this occurs late in the season it may be detrimental for perennial crops going into dormancy.

Phosphorus​

Reduced soil microbial activity in soils with low moisture can reduced organic matter decomposition and the mineralization of organic P to inorganic P. Phosphorus moves from higher concentrations in the soil to lower concentrations in plant roots by diffusion. As soils become drier, less diffusion occurs. This is because the water film around the soil particles becomes thinner, making diffusion to the plant root more difficult.

Potassium​

Decreased movement of K to the plant roots occurs in dry soil. As soil dry, clay minerals become dry and shrink, trapping K tightly between mineral layers. Once trapped, K is unavailable to plant roots for uptake. This K is released and plant available again when the soil moisture increases. Reduce K uptake during extended dry soil conditions can show up as low K levels in tissue samples or high K levels in a post-harvest soil sample.

Remember " what is visible represents what is invisible " :ganjamon:
One reason that living soil growers have such great success is that we don’t do this silly thing of “drying out” our soil. We approach growing by growing our microbe herd and letting the microbes worry about feeding and growing the plants. In order to do this, we don’t take our soil through huge swings from wet to dry. Instead, we try to keep our soil at a constant moisture level where it has enough water but is also able to breathe. Yep, soil actually breathes in and out in a natural system. The whole “dry out” thing is very misunderstood and taken way too far by a lot of growers. IMO, it came about as a practice to combat the typical over watering that many growers do and to deal with some pest issues (that could be solved with other methods) – not because it’s actually ‘best practice’ for growing cannabis and most other plants.

Your garden looks better every day Professor. You mentioned adding fish to your next soil batch. This reminded me of something I saw as a younger man. While working on an ice maker at one of the local wharfs, I saw a resident fisherman digging up his garden in prep for planting. Difference was he dug it out to about 18" or so and layered mackerel down, then maybe 6" of soil and a layer of dried seaweed (Irish Moss),then the remaining soil. Don't remember returning later in the season to see how he made out, but he did swear by it and said he would do this about every three years or so. Cool. Old is new once more.:lot-o-toke:

Your garden looks better every day Professor. You mentioned adding fish to your next soil batch. This reminded me of something I saw as a younger man. While working on an ice maker at one of the local wharfs, I saw a resident fisherman digging up his garden in prep for planting. Difference was he dug it out to about 18" or so and layered mackerel down, then maybe 6" of soil and a layer of dried seaweed (Irish Moss),then the remaining soil. Don't remember returning later in the season to see how he made out, but he did swear by it and said he would do this about every three years or so. Cool. Old is new once more.:lot-o-toke:
I cant wait to try , i love using different methods , i have Irish moss , lots of seaweed , worms ,sprat fish , and organic bananas :ganjamon:

so 7.5 gallon plastic pot , drilled more holes , bought trays to match , will do pots Monday and will update what i have put into my mix , a little bit of summer loving, bottom watering, fish burring,
nutty experimental fun :meditate:, taking time out for weekend . :ciao:

Have fun , :green_heart: &:peace:

P1160060.JPG
P1160061.JPG
P1160062.JPG

What do u do with it all for the most part
Yeppp 10000%

Back
Top Bottom