NuttyProfessor And His Herd Of Indigenous Microorganisms

well it looks like ill be sticking this watering out that i am doing , i have uploaded my last almost finished autos to these half way through girls, i would be crazy not to keep plugging on with this , the last pic is the orange punch that was started top watering , they where bathed today again, the 7 gallon pot took up 6 litres , then a half litre on top, the smaller 5 gallon got about 2/3 litres all in , The plant i top watered the other night is still heavy and feels like too much water is in there , If i get better and bigger plants with bottom watering I do not mind the extra work , ill start them in baths then suck the water that is left out after 15 mins of soaking , then there is no heavy work involved :Rasta:

not bad for autos :ganjamon:

P1150984.JPG
P1150985.JPG
P1150987.JPG
P1150989.JPG

Why is microbial activity less in dry soil?
Researchers investigate how microbes respire in dry conditions. Research has shown that microbial activity in soil reduces as soil moisture levels decrease :rip:, a result of both physiological stress and physical factors. :nerd-with-glasses:

Letting your soil dry out is like a human not drinking water for a week. Its not going to kill you but you will not function properly. Once peat based mixes dry out they become very water repellent, and as it may seem as if your watering alot, its just running right out the bottom....

Dry soil conditions impact on nutrient availability​

These extended periods of very dry soil conditions can reduce Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K) availability to plants.

Nitrogen​

For N, low soil moisture decreases soil microbe activity. Microbes play an important role in breaking down organic matter and converting organic N to inorganic nitrate nitrogen, a process called mineralization. In dry soils with low N mineralization, there could be less plant available N in the form of either ammonium (NH4+-N) or nitrate (NO3--N) nitrogen. In dry soils, the risk of NO3--N loss through leaching or denitrification is reduced. While this means there is more soil N available to crops, plant uptake can be reduced. When the rains return there a can be a sudden increase in soil nitrogen. If this occurs late in the season it may be detrimental for perennial crops going into dormancy.

Phosphorus​

Reduced soil microbial activity in soils with low moisture can reduced organic matter decomposition and the mineralization of organic P to inorganic P. Phosphorus moves from higher concentrations in the soil to lower concentrations in plant roots by diffusion. As soils become drier, less diffusion occurs. This is because the water film around the soil particles becomes thinner, making diffusion to the plant root more difficult.

Potassium​

Decreased movement of K to the plant roots occurs in dry soil. As soil dry, clay minerals become dry and shrink, trapping K tightly between mineral layers. Once trapped, K is unavailable to plant roots for uptake. This K is released and plant available again when the soil moisture increases. Reduce K uptake during extended dry soil conditions can show up as low K levels in tissue samples or high K levels in a post-harvest soil sample.

Remember " what is visible represents what is invisible " :ganjamon:
Thanks Nutty! I've been guilty of serial underwatering in the past and it's not pretty! Finding the balance is key to a happy rhizosphere.

However there is a place for it in the end days. Are you aware of the boost in trichome fullness with a controlled drought late in flower? I can't find my source at present but there's a few studies now on it.

Happy 420!

and back at you :passitleft: @copperrein :yahoo: a have a little purple bud to try at 4.20pm
Happy 420 @NuttyProfessor
I have a little purple ill fire up with you.
This is my first 420 that I'm smoking again. Quit when I left high-school.
Anyhoo 420 pm there is different what time is it now so I can make sure I'm ready when you are?

Thanks Nutty! I've been guilty of serial underwatering in the past and it's not pretty! Finding the balance is key to a happy rhizosphere.

Happy 420!
i think a few living soil growers are beginning to see the light ,, its one of these things if you do not try you will never know , i like a little gamble so if i come through and all being well this journal will set the record straight for some of us , i put a lot of effort into this grow and a lot of over thinking .
I haven't even mulched these pots because i want the top to dry quicker to save pests digging

Anyhoo 420 pm there is different what time is it now so I can make sure I'm ready when you are?
well mate , i was thinking about what you said about being to sore to lift the pots in and out , if this works you can have your pots in tubs from the start , so not lifting in and out , just add the 10 litre leave 15 mins , then after 15 mins suck out the left overs :) :thumb:

However there is a place for it in the end days. Are you aware of the boost in trichome fullness with a controlled drought late in flower? I can't find my source at present but there's a few studies now on it.
There's another reason to get a hoop house here. Harvest season outdoors here is always wet and cold and angry. Lot's of plant shaking in the mornings.

My 420 started yesterday because that was the eve of the holiday. That's how we do this thing, right? Just like Christmas but with better trees, right?

yes i have seen a few things about it , never looked into it much as yet , i want to get to the back of this before i get distracted , if i try too much ill not know what i did wrong ,

I am ready lol been ready from 12 midnight to try this purple bud :ganjamon:, soon as you reply ill light up :blunt:

yes i have seen a few things about it , never looked into it much as yet , i want to get to the back of this before i get distracted , if i try too much ill not know what i did wrong ,
One day give me a nudge and I'
ll hook you up with the paper. I use the technique and it visibly works to my eyes. Maritimer weighs and has the numbers. It's worth it for me.

There's another reason to get a hoop house here. Harvest season outdoors here is always wet and cold and angry. Lot's of plant shaking in the mornings.

My 420 started yesterday because that was the eve of the holiday. That's how we do this thing, right? Just like Christmas but with better trees, right?
That's the way! Carry on!

mate , i think i have made a lovely strain , my self and the missus love it , its one of the highs where you forget everything your meant to be doing, do you want salt on your chips ohh i mean my legs are rubberized so yeahhh i think its a winner lol :ganjamon: you got the fruity earthy taste , its wicked

Sorry, what was the cross?
mate the problem i have , i bred three plants one male i sprayed , used it to do two others , but i had a large box of seeds in little different parts , when i lost the power in my arms for a while i dropped them , so i think there is some Red Poison , compassion lime and blue diesel , i think the purple has come from the red poison and the other i grew has the color of the compassion lime so i am thinking these 2 where hit by the blue diesel , they had a three way lol

Every day i see growth , its amazing , cut the purple down yesterday , shes was marked to be finished yesterday so she got the chop , make room for these big girls that are taking over . I also poured the full bucket of my microbe solution into my compost heap , this is my future soil , i am also going to get more microbes where i got them to start with , I trust the balance now , when you let your pots dry your disrupting whats going on around the roots , roots do not search for water, its a hoax , they grow in damp but not soaked soil ,
the way im looking at it now , the microbes are billions of little building workers building my plants , :ganjamon:

P1160004.JPG
P1160005.JPG
P1160007.JPG
P1160008.JPG
P1160011.JPG
P1160013.JPG
P1160018.JPG
P1160019.JPG
P1160021.JPG
P1160022.JPG

and the wet dry cycle works well for weeds but

Marijuana is actually a colloquial name for the cannabis plant. It is a plant, and it’s specifically a genus of the flowering plant family, Cannabaceae. So, biologically, marijuana is actually a flower.

so treat like a beautiful flowering plant & not a weed :yummy::ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom