So Gee, or anyone else who knows, is there anything special or different I need to do on the Saturday feeding as the Geo girls flip? It’s a full Bloom nute/EWC/a little Veg nutes, watered in with RGR, kelp and wholly mackerel the way I see it for all the plants. Does this sound okay or is there something more (or less) I should do?

Thanks!
Im not exactly sure how your nute line works but my view on organics is you do today for what you need in 10 days.

So stretch is violent vegging, be ready for a super-veg event 5 days before flip.

Flower starts about 10 days after flip, and I mean budlets really start to develop, stretch is about to slow and flower is accelerating hard, so be ready for that 10 days before.

I topdress for flower on flip day. I let my soil handle stretch. Stretch requires a bit extra nitrogen. Nitrogen requires water. I water a bit more in stretch. Treat it as the pinnacle of veg.

Jeez aren’t we all around 60 here? Remember that lime green, big round bud bags of the Humboldt? At the time it blew away everything else we ever got, least for me it did. When I finally made it to Cali to see the Dead in the early 80s I suddenly found heaven.
We called it California Redhair, and it had seeds that grew outdoors in British Columbia. It is the origins of BC Bud❤️❤️❤️ It grew like crazy on Vancouver Island. Still does😎

Screenshot_20231012_061619_VPD Calculator.jpg

This is why you don't react to morning VPD. The plant closed it's stomata to keep warm and raised its own VPD. It tucked itself in at night. So don't panic and raise your light. Wait 10 hours to adjust.

So recovery time is over. Its time to grow. The ladies are fat with water so its time to crank up the lght and get that water moving. We go to 950PPFD today. 850 yesterday afternoon settled into a 3 degree leaf temp gap, so they can handle more now. Light is food, and they are hungry. Here we go.

I use FFOF as base for my LOS too.
I use a product called Bluesky Organics Supersoil. Its pretty much the same as FF, so if you live in British Columbia, its a great soil to start with. Very safe and with 10 gallons and some spikes it will grow fantastic weed for your 1st run before a rebuild on it.

Here's a freebee for everyone who grows anything outdoors that sort of fits into our VPD convo. Its a big picture thing.

At night air shrinks. Water condenses as rain or dew if the temperature difference between night and day is enough to shrink the air enough to squeeze out drops.

Now in the day the sun comes out, the air expands, and all the moisture gets sucked back up into the drier air as it warms.

Pretty straight forward.

So when all the air is warming and all expanding where does it go? It cant go sideways because the air next to it is pushing back equally as hard, so it must go up or down.

Up pushes against the edge of the atmosphere and it resists, so now the pressure has to go down into the soil.

Thats how air gets to your roots. The soil breathes as the air expands day and night.

If the air expands a little bit further every day as it breathes, it pushes harder against the atmospheres edge, and a high pressure ridge forms and the earth below gets a big breath.

This is real, Im not screwing with you.

So here is the good part, How far into the soil that breathe can be pushed to allow a rhizosphere to develop in that air, is mainly controlled by 1 thing. Calcium.

When calcium is correct, soil opens up. It loses its compactedness. Its called tilth.

Calcium is a nutrient, but its equally important as a soil conditioner. Earth worms cycle calcium.

Water flows beautifully in tilthy soil. So does air.

If calcium isn't correct you aren't breathing properly.

I use a lot if cuttlefish. I crush it into powder and dig it in when I plant my covers. When that has a nice thick mess of cover. I dig that in with some castings. Let it settle for a week max and I plant my seeds. That all decomposes throughout the 9 month grow. I then add in what it needs every year. Organic should be easy. I have not tested brix or anything so I have nothing to add. You can see when soil is healthy. A massive amount of chopped and dug in sweetpeas dug deep into the soil and calcuim I have a luxury of a long season and three outdoor Harvests a year.
My indoor plants have been having all sorts of issues with calcuim and seeming root bound. Now that they are outside , they are green and thriving. I've now seen LEDs and calcuim issues.
Have a great evening. 👍

Here's a freebee for everyone who grows anything outdoors that sort of fits into our VPD convo. Its a big picture thing.

At night air shrinks. Water condenses as rain or dew if the temperature difference between night and day is enough to shrink the air enough to squeeze out drops.

Now in the day the sun comes out, the air expands, and all the moisture gets sucked back up into the drier air as it warms.

Pretty straight forward.

So when all the air is warming and all expanding where does it go? It cant go sideways because the air next to it is pushing back equally as hard, so it must go up or down.

Up pushes against the edge of the atmosphere and it resists, so now the pressure has to go down into the soil.

Thats how air gets to your roots. The soil breathes as the air expands day and night.

If the air expands a little bit further every day as it breathes, it pushes harder against the atmospheres edge, and a high pressure ridge forms and the earth below gets a big breath.

So here is the good part, How far into the soil that breathe can be pushed to allow a rhizosphere to develop in that air, is mainly controlled by 1 thing. Calcium.

When calcium is correct, soil opens up. It loses its compactedness. Its called tilth.

Calcium is a nutrient, but its equally important as a soil conditioner. Earth worms cycle calcium.

🧠💥

Perfectly mind blowing Gee!

Hey @Carmen Ray, how you be? I have the Blimburn photo version. I didn’t know those two were the same - I guess Chocodope auto is Chocolope x Ruderalis?
No because they do a photo fem Chocodope too. It's Victory Seeds who do the Chocodope.
"Chocodope is mostly sativa strain, meaning you can expect an uplifting high, that is more suitable for daytime users. Its ancestors are Mexican, Colombian, Thai and Indian sativa strains, that resulted in Cannalope Haze. On the other side, O.G. Chocodope Thai was developed from only Thai sativa. Later on, those strains were mixed and so became Chocodope."
"Chocolope, also known as "D-Line," is a popular sativa marijuana strain made by crossing Chocolate Thai with Cannalope Haze. The result is a delicious homage to the chocolate strains that were popular in the 1980s."

I use a lot if cuttlefish. I crush it into powder and dig it in when I plant my covers. When that has a nice thick mess of cover. I dig that in with some castings. Let it settle for a week max and I plant my seeds. That all decomposes throughout the 9 month grow. I then add in what it needs every year. Organic should be easy. I have not tested brix or anything so I have nothing to add. You can see when soil is healthy. A massive amount of chopped and dug in sweetpeas dug deep into the soil and calcuim I have a luxury of a long season and three outdoor Harvests a year.
My indoor plants have been having all sorts of issues with calcuim and seeming root bound. Now that they are outside , they are green and thriving. I've now seen LEDs and calcuim issues.
Have a great evening. 👍
Cuttle fish, I believe you once said, or someone did anyways, that thats where cuttle bones for birds come from? Those big soft chalky bones that are easy to wear down that they chew on? Thats ingeneous👍
I use oyster shells pretty much the same way. They are a waste product from the food industry so ground oyster shell flour is really cheap around here.
No because they do a photo fem Chocodope too. It's Victory Seeds who do the Chocodope.
"Chocodope is mostly sativa strain, meaning you can expect an uplifting high, that is more suitable for daytime users. Its ancestors are Mexican, Colombian, Thai and Indian sativa strains, that resulted in Cannalope Haze. On the other side, O.G. Chocodope Thai was developed from only Thai sativa. Later on, those strains were mixed and so became Chocodope."
"Chocolope, also known as "D-Line," is a popular sativa marijuana strain made by crossing Chocolate Thai with Cannalope Haze. The result is a delicious homage to the chocolate strains that were popular in the 1980s."
That sounds really good with a coffee😍☕️.

🧠💥

Perfectly mind blowing Gee!
It's amazing what the Weather Man can teach us🤣

Day 5 of Flower
20231012_142131.jpg

They still aren't recovered but they are turning around.

20231012_142200.jpg

The taller one in the back right corner is the one I split. I can't strap it down like the others.

They are all on 3" risers so I can lower it.

The other 3 are about 950 PPFD, the taller one is 1015 PPFD.

You can see that they are still water heavy. Droopy up top.

20231012_142141.jpg

Stretch is just starting. Fat heavy leaves.

20231012_142144.jpg

This one has nice structure. Thats a tasty bud in the making😎.

20231012_142319.jpg

So I brought out the big guns.

Each pot now has a heat mat under it. The pot is inside the milk crate and the heat mat is under the milk crate so it worms the pots without touching them. Lets get the soil bacteria multiplying. Cause a soil infection🤣

They are 17 watts each and water proof, all hooked up to a controller with the temp probe hanging in the ambient air.

Then I warm the pots to a bit warmer than the air, which gives the actual soil a temp a bit less than the air.

So 68 watts and it heats the tent more than you would think.

Way cheaper to run than a 1500 watt heater, and cheap to buy too. @VIVOSUN makes them so support a sponsor to lower your heat bill.

They are perfect for Spring and Fall.

Outdoor 10 gallon Purple Kush Rootball.
Part 2.

20231012_150032.jpg

Pyjamas stripped.

20231012_150240.jpg

This is the mulch layer.

20231012_150623.jpg

Shakedown.

20231012_150631.jpg

More shakedown.

20231012_150757.jpg

The bottom. Square like the milk crate.

20231012_150811.jpg

As shaken out as I can get without water.

20231012_150903.jpg

So this is why I prefer to sprout directly into my final pots and never up-pot.See those big white roots?

20231012_150924.jpg

Here is the solo cup rootball that they are attached to. It never fully integrates with the entire pot, it just sends arteries out to the next layer where the new soil is and featherdusters that outer ring, but if you sprout from seed in a big pot, the feather dusters are tapped directly into the tap root, and you get more feathers.

Those layers, thats a bottleneck.

20231012_151544.jpg

Here she comes.

20231012_151549.jpg
Theres the solo cup.

Still some good roots though😊.

Im not exactly sure how your nute line works but my view on organics is you do today for what you need in 10 days.

So stretch is violent vegging, be ready for a super-veg event 5 days before flip.

Flower starts about 10 days after flip, and I mean budlets really start to develop, stretch is about to slow and flower is accelerating hard, so be ready for that 10 days before.

I topdress for flower on flip day. I let my soil handle stretch. Stretch requires a bit extra nitrogen. Nitrogen requires water. I water a bit more in stretch. Treat it as the pinnacle of veg.
That’s perfect, thanks. According to that I’m on the right track. I’ll use about 75/25 or 80/20 bloom nutes to veg nutes. The RGR will fill in any veg gap for the stretch, hopefully. We won’t go straight bloom nutes till two weeks later, and at that point maybe I give them their first tea? By then we should have budlets and the stretch should be over or close to it.

We called it California Redhair, and it had seeds that grew outdoors in British Columbia. It is the origins of BC Bud❤️❤️❤️ It grew like crazy on Vancouver Island. Still does😎
Lol. I remember the first bag of that BC bud I ever got. Never had I seen such dense nugs. I was so thrilled. Then I found that without a grinder that bud was useless and burned down to a piece of charcoal. Lmao. Now it’s good but at first it was fools gold. Lol.

Pretty straight forward.

Pretty sure you need to move to Pa, southern Chester county area. Lmao!

Day 5 of Flower
20231012_142131.jpg

They still aren't recovered but they are turning around.

20231012_142200.jpg

The taller one in the back right corner is the one I split. I can't strap it down like the others.

They are all on 3" risers so I can lower it.

The other 3 are about 950 PPFD, the taller one is 1015 PPFD.

You can see that they are still water heavy. Droopy up top.

20231012_142141.jpg

Stretch is just starting. Fat heavy leaves.

20231012_142144.jpg

This one has nice structure. Thats a tasty bud in the making😎.

20231012_142319.jpg

So I brought out the big guns.

Each pot now has a heat mat under it. The pot is inside the milk crate and the heat mat is under the milk crate so it worms the pots without touching them. Lets get the soil bacteria multiplying. Cause a soil infection🤣

They are 17 watts each and water proof, all hooked up to a controller with the temp probe hanging in the ambient air.

Then I warm the pots to a bit warmer than the air, which gives the actual soil a temp a bit less than the air.

So 68 watts and it heats the tent more than you would think.

Way cheaper to run than a 1500 watt heater, and cheap to buy too. @VIVOSUN makes them so support a sponsor to lower your heat bill.

They are perfect for Spring and Fall.
What temp are they set at? Or are they adjustable?

Back
Top Bottom