The Jerky Box Project: OG Kush & Haze 2.0

howdy guys n gals, so it's been a quiet day, beautiful sunrise this morning but no pic, not functioning that early.. So I think that tomorrow is going to be a pollen collecting day first time for everything and you have to start somewhere. I asked around and @Van Stank kindly advised doing it this way...:high-five:

"
Smeegol.....please don't collect the sacs. The sacs really need to pop. Here is my suggestion....but do it away from any girls you don't intend to get pregnant because it will happen.

Get a mirror or something else smooth and flat. Bend your branches over and gently tap the branches so the burst pollen falls onto the mirror. From there just use a credit card and scrap it up into a pile and place in a vial. You can put some flour in to mix it to cut it a bit. Also I add a bit of rice into the vial to absorb any moisture that might make the pollen nonviable. From there, put it in a freezer.
Pollen doesn't store well at all in their little pods. Wait for them to burst and harvest. I usually harvest ever 2 days.

One other warning. Don't go near any flowering plants after messing with the boys. Shower and change your clothes and wash your clothes immediate. The pollen is very potent and you will have accidental pollination even if you don't want it. You have to be very careful.

So for anyone wanting to collect pollen I'll take 1 for the team and let you know how it all turned out....lol

Otherwise on a surprising note, you know that 1 seed that doesn't want to pop a taproot..?? A cpl weeks I popped a regular Purp Crack seed in water with h202 and nothing happened for bout 2 weeks no sinking nothing so as you do I forgot about. Opened the cupboard this morning and here's the forgotten seed with a taproot.......so didn't know what to do, but nothing to plant in at hand I had to improvise......:rofl:

Hopefully the toilet roll will do well by me till I have a decent pot lined up if PC comes up...???
Anyhow as the Brits say " toodle-loo " got some scots in me close enough...lol

good afternoon guys n gals, been a awsome afternoon it really has, my brother @ShipwrecKed joined up today so I'm stoked. That means that I'm going to be mainly focusing on what I have going on here at my place as my brothers journal will cover the farm girls....

So my happy moment today was when I saw the haze2.0 she has totally turned purple blackish color now I can only assume that is because of the cold....???

Then this girl is also a haze auto but from a random pollination. She was an April fools baby from day 1.

Now this girl has been covered with a humidity dome for 3 weeks now and she has got massive compared to 3 weeks ago in this pic below...
It's the 1 bottom right in the box, the rest got pulled as they were males, but that humidity dome really worked well I think as she loved it. This is the domes my brother uses.......

So that bout sums it up for the farmyard guys......

I can't fight the temptation anymore... lol

I'm gonna plant the rest of my seeds in a small outdoor patch. Way out on the back of my property. I've got 5 Blueberry auto seeds and one last Amnesia Haze auto. Hopefully they will actually behave like an auto (finish in 3 months)... my last couple have grown 4-5 months. I doubt I'll still be in this house in 4-5 months. But.... if this works out, I should have a fat stash to hold me over until I get a crop running at the new place.
:passitleft:

Once you start growing it’s hard to stop I wasn’t going to and I cave in too lolseems to be the general consensus around here lately lol

Hiya @NaturalSpirit, those boxes are on the farm and it was my test run... But these are the ones I'm going to do here in town where I live..... also vegetables ....lol

These are about 1m ( waist high ) so I won't have to bend much.....:high-five:

Totally missed This :eek:

Its awesome! These projects are so awesome ^^

Hope all is well:Namaste:

morning guys n gals, howdy @Kingjoe83 , thanks all for popping by, so I have a 1lt bottle of CS that I'm planning to use in the future but I don't know the ppm, also lost ph pen after 1st time I used it too....:rofl: But I found this deal online this morning and it's cheap and suits my needs, works out to $23 and change without tax for me....
View media item 1546298@lazyfish, I wish I could've contorted for better pics but alas the body dosent allow....lol but I agree on the cold factor as been looking and all I've seen are stellar green all over type girls....
So if I may ask a question please, that color trait it is now displaying would be only due to shock from the cold, it would not be a genetic trait is that correct. As its outside she might have seeds from rouge pollination...??
@NaturalSpirit, I'm going for my 1st check up appointment after my operation on Wednesday and I have found a supplier that sells 200litre Lithuanian Peat Moss bales about 20miles outside the city my doctors in.......:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: so there starts the first steps of filling those boxes for summer 1 at a time, my 1st big attempt at building a LOS soil and I'd like to have at least 2 boxes of " Smeegs " LOS soil attempt. I can't do any of the heavy work yet but I have started collecting all the ingredients that are necessary to make this soil. There are 2 working examples of this mix around and doing so amazingly well and was kindly shared with me so thanks I'm going to try my best and learn according to what I've been told/coached and to be experienced 1st hand come summer....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Some ingredients might not be totally in agreement but I promise the eye candy is very real....:hug:
so when I do my 1st mix I'll share what I've done and then the real learning starts cause I'm more of a prac kinda guy, theory can only take you so far without practical understanding.

Did I say I'm excited guys.......:thanks::hug::hug::hug:so looking forward to you guys all sharing this big jump into my big adventure....

morning guys n gals, howdy @Kingjoe83 , thanks all for popping by, so I have a 1lt bottle of CS that I'm planning to use in the future but I don't know the ppm, also lost ph pen after 1st time I used it too....:rofl: But I found this deal online this morning and it's cheap and suits my needs, works out to $23 and change without tax for me....
View media item 1546298@lazyfish, I wish I could've contorted for better pics but alas the body dosent allow....lol but I agree on the cold factor as been looking and all I've seen are stellar green all over type girls....
So if I may ask a question please, that color trait it is now displaying would be only due to shock from the cold, it would not be a genetic trait is that correct. As its outside she might have seeds from rouge pollination...??
@NaturalSpirit, I'm going for my 1st check up appointment after my operation on Wednesday and I have found a supplier that sells 200litre Lithuanian Peat Moss bales about 20miles outside the city my doctors in.......:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: so there starts the first steps of filling those boxes for summer 1 at a time, my 1st big attempt at building a LOS soil and I'd like to have at least 2 boxes of " Smeegs " LOS soil attempt. I can't do any of the heavy work yet but I have started collecting all the ingredients that are necessary to make this soil. There are 2 working examples of this mix around and doing so amazingly well and was kindly shared with me so thanks I'm going to try my best and learn according to what I've been told/coached and to be experienced 1st hand come summer....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Some ingredients might not be totally in agreement but I promise the eye candy is very real....:hug:
so when I do my 1st mix I'll share what I've done and then the real learning starts cause I'm more of a prac kinda guy, theory can only take you so far without practical understanding.

Did I say I'm excited guys.......:thanks::hug::hug::hug:so looking forward to you guys all sharing this big jump into my big adventure....
Cs should be aroud. 60 ppm I believe I heard . As far as ph goes I keep it 7 I guess ... pennywise would have more into on pollination.

I will trying it next winter more then likely . On an atf female ..

Sup Smeegs.. Long week end , see you were busy.... Like the toilet paper roll idea... Your Hot boxes, are very unique idea... Good you put out some pics like that for the outdoor growers, I think that people let growing get a little outta hand monetarily... At some point if you paying hundreds of dollars to produce 40 grams of weed, it doesnt make more sense than buying it huh... Anyway Green Day, and evening now I guess for ya bro....

Smeegs!
How's your day going?! Can't wait to see the next update. Sounds like you're on track to have one bad-ass garden. :welldone:

Excited for you...:high-five:

so as I was mentioning earlier ( hiya to anyone joining me as you in for a treat.) So after putting off my pollen collection all weekend I finally decided to do it today as its been miserable and cold weather and I didn't feel like getting outa bed on the weekend either.....:welcome:

So the quickest of my 2 story's is Laurel and Hardy, both are haze2.0 auto regular seeds from a rogue pollination outdoors. Laurel is the smallest but the oldest.

So Laurel-25cm pot and Hardy-20cm it looks like Hardy is the faster of the 2. With Hardy so far ( he for now ) he has nice stacking on the branching so far. They are both under a 85w actual each CFL, I'm thinking about repotting Hardy in about a months time I think to a bigger container, Laurel I think has a month to improve growth or she might find outside being a bit colder than where she is now...

With Hardy due to the box I'm thinking of topping and trading out after transplant, any ideas on that guys n gals.....??? I've only been spraying with rain water so far, they are 2 weeks old tomorrow... should I carry on spraying for another 2 weeks or can I introduce a feeding regime start building those side roots outwards. I'm going to use BioBzz for feeding with Bioblmm...??

there is all sorts of treats on the counter so please don't feel shy... main attraction....:cheer:

Haze2.0 auto male pollen Collection...

So I won't lie he has been spewing forth like a gusty ol volcano. What I used to collect was a mirror, plastic card, container and subject matter. I was quite nervous I won't lie but it wasn't the nail biting stuff Imwas expecting, actually it was rather fun and awsome.
So guys if you just joining then you a green as I am so have fun as I try to explain....lol

So the next cpl pics is just showing the height of the plant - 25.5cm, popped above ground 1st April outside hence fast flowering in shorter daylight hours....

Hope you with me so far, so next I used all the stuff needed to collect the pollen eg. Mirror, tweezers for pollen sacs, h202 ( hydrogen peroxide ) for sterilizing container, plastic card , plain flour and rice....

I hope all the bits of info on the bottom of the pics help guys, if not please ask away and I'll try and explain...

This is the root ball of the plant in 20cm pot nice and healthy..

Now that was my big amazing day guys, so if you ain't excited don't worry cause I've hot enough excitement for all of us, now to wait for the chem fruity to reveg so I can take a cpl cuts for clones to use the pollen on and to try a CS reversal......excited yet......:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::high-five:

So chem fruity started her 18/6 cycle at 10am this morning so she'll come back on at 4pm so might do a small update later if I see anything crazy.....:cheer:

Cheers guys n gals and if you see anything I missed please shout....

morning @lazyfish, the mom was a haze2.0 auto that got rogue pollination outdoors so the male is haze genetics with an unknown factor, so it makes it more interesting me thinks. Need to have a chat with my brother and see if he has anything going into flower on the farm that I can spread some pollen love on ( hope he's willing to sacrifice a branch or 2 in the name of science ) and get some freebie seeds on the go.... ain't it funny a year back all I wanted to do was grow some smoke, now it's smoke and meds and experiments galore.....:high-five:

Sleep well lazy.....
Experimentation is fundamental in life in general. Keep em green smeegs!

Back
Top Bottom