The Jerky Box Project: OG Kush & Haze 2.0

Evening all so summers not quite here but a head start on the season never hurt anyone I reckon..haha
I'm basically all harvested apart from a few stragglers which I'm going to turn into meds as there isn't really any decent bud to them, well at least I think so.

I want to have a cracking summer this year and have something worth to put on the table after harvest is how I see it, so if I put in the hard graft now I'll hopefully reap the rewards later, my back will thank for the meds later.... :passitleft:

So this year I want to have a solid foundation for the plants that are going outside so I set about digging can ya believe it, my cousin threw his weight behind the digging as well which I'm grateful for as it would of taken me ages to dig them out.
I'm going to skip the whole xmas tree style this season ( mostly ) as I wasn't to impressed by the quality of the buds and with proper training I would like to achieve a better plant overall which is what we all strive for.
This year I want to aim for the start of a no chem all natural approach which I want to maintain with a no till approach for the future in the tunnel be it canna or veg.

Ya so let's see.........

image.jpg

So these are my mixed clones at the moment, was going to label them individually but didn't get to it so its on my to do list for the morning. SinCity and Critical Kush and 2x Purp Trainwreck.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Excuse my photobombing pooch ( carrot is her name ), so last season I had 16 plants in the tunnel the above which was a handful to maintain I won't lie, I wasn't personally happy with the end product but I can't complain as it made wonderful needed meds for many...
I was proud of my grow last season but this season I want to be fooking excited about my grow...haha

So this season I decided to go with 10 plants but 10 plants grown well and properly I hope so I went about getting theses holes dug, I used 1 of the plastic tables the clones are sitting on as a template for the holes. Each hole is just shy of knee deep as you can see by the plastic barrel 20lt and spade for length and depth reference.

For my soil mix it will be a mix of the top soil, coco, composted Kraal manure, veg scraps from the veg market, egg shells, banana peels and I need to order some organic additives and start working towards a good soil for the long run so any help or ideas or advice is more than welcome guys as I tend to overthink what I'm planning to do sometimes....haha @MaddHacker @Strainyourbrain @dynamo1 @irie lion @Lerugged @Skottelgoed Spons @Bilbo'n'Milly @JohnWick...

So I dropped a cpl strains tonight as I want more variety this season so this is what I've got...

LuckyStar - Amadeadly ( saffa genetics )
Blitzspear - Amadeadly ( saffa genetics )
Bushfire OG - Amadeadly ( saffa genetics )

C99xBlueberry - Comparative
Alaskan Purple - Comparative

Yoo-hoo @SeedsMan they are swimming brother....haha

ATF - AlaskanThunderFuck ( gifted )

NY GreenCake - GreenSmokeRoomZeeds

OGK Bagseed.

And finally...haha I received some Transkei/Pondoland landrace from @Strainyourbrain a cpl months back so we shall see what comes from those as I'd love to have a good hard hitting sativa that makes your head spin....haha

image.jpg

The tin in the middle is some reg autos which will be on the side line somewhere, KushVonStitch X Kush fem... They are indica dominant and I'm hoping for a hard hitting smoke as I haven't had the chance to properly grow them out yet.

Hope you all have a pleasant evening......:passitleft:

:thumb:Go with the flow Smeegol and what feels good , don't overthink yourself:rofl:or next thing you know you will be arguing with yourself.:hmmmm::thedoubletake:

I did that last season and shot myself in the foot mid lost a good few weeks of growing and stunting due to relocation and transplanting, thank you for the advice mr.D....:snowboating:

Nice job on the holes Smeegs! The soil around here is filled with clay and rock. I couldn't even imagine how long that would have taken me. Carrot looks happy to be photo bombing. Give the pooch a treat for me will ya? Good to see you got a jump on the summer and it's gonna be fun to watch you grow again.

Looks like a great line up for the next grow Smeegol. Keep em green.
Nice job on the holes Smeegs! The soil around here is filled with clay and rock. I couldn't even imagine how long that would have taken me. Carrot looks happy to be photo bombing. Give the pooch a treat for me will ya? Good to see you got a jump on the summer and it's gonna be fun to watch you grow again.

Morning gentleman I'm so excited I figured I was never going to get to grow anything again this year at least.....haha

So a bit of info on the South African genetics but there isn't much out about them apart from 2 out of 3, but I will try and find out about the ' Blitzspear '....

Bushfire OG BX1...

Special covert cut of Rascals Fire OG which has Ben back bred on the South African high veld which is higher lying plateau inland so that would be Mpumalanga somewhere I guess...
Excellent for extracts and her high is described as obliterating..

Lucky Star...
( SensiStar X Mudqueen - Madkush X Queens Kush )

BlitzSpear...
( MadKush X Bushfire OG Bx1 )

NY GreenCake.... NY Diesel X Gelato

Greensmokeroom is a South African seed company that imports seeds as any other company but what I found interesting is that they have also been crossing and making new genetics and most interestingly is their operations are based in the USA for many years now.

My brother grew this strain towards end of summer and I smoked a cpl nugs over the last week or so and thoroughly enjoyed it, great for aches and pains....

Bra... I've got tunnel envy. I wish I could grow in the ground again. Well my own Plants anyway. Looks like you are going to have a smashing season. Are you gonna do gas lantern to stop flowering? Ill have to keep a spotlight on then until 8 each eve until end Oct prob mid Nov to be sure.
I'm sure a trip down to the beach would do well. Some shells and kelp. Maybe a couple crayfish shells smashed into powder. With the arrival of the little one I've yet to finish my soil. It's all here in bags driving the missus nuts.
Looking forward to watching this work out great for you Smeegs

The tunnel is looking good man! I made my own compost I worked through my soil for my outdoor cheese and man are they happy with it. the fan leaves has 10 fingers per leave because of this compost. I am currently busy making new compost and in a bigger 210liter drum I sank in the ground for the next season. Maybe start looking at that option. Saves a lot of money than to buy stuff.

I am going to keep tabs on this and want to see ow this is going to turn out. It seems you have a solid plan going and it is great man!

Goodluck brother!

Brother Smeegs, it was a cracker of a season for you previously, looking forward to the tunnel grow coming up!
Those holes you and your cousin dug are impressive, no doubt that'll be enough root space to grow some monsters.
This year I want to aim for the start of a no chem all natural approach
For my soil mix it will be a mix of the top soil, coco, composted Kraal manure, veg scraps from the veg market, egg shells, banana peels and I need to order some organic additives and start working towards a good soil for the long run
Sounds good to me, with the addition of the trip to the beach as brother Lerugged mentioned. Wash everything from the beach off real good to avoid adding too many salts to your soil mix, beach and crab shells grinded up are great for the addition of calcium. Seaweed would be an important addition for me, and cannabis loves it. Easy to dry out and grind up and add to your soil, but i actually prefer to do a seaweed tea to extract all the good shit outta it and add it to feedings. Some perlite for sure. Looking forward to your soil mix!
Loving all the genetics! And looking forward to see how the Amadeadly's do as there's a couple growers here in the Wetsern Cape running their beans, the Bushfire OG looks impressive too!
:passitleft:
i wanted to check with you how your rosin press is treating you? Have you had a crack at it yet? He popped me a new mail as they've got a new model just released that's seriously peeking my interests! :headbanger:
New company in Somerset West offering the service of 5 presses for R750, including bags - which is not bad. Things are warming up.

Are you gonna do gas lantern to stop flowering? Ill have to keep a spotlight on then until 8 each eve until end Oct prob mid Nov to be sure.
Now that's a plan!

Smeegs, Nice to see you have come to your senses bro han.. I think you will be super impressed with what you get out of 10 plants.. I myself believe less is more.. I average around 1.75 to 3.00 pounds per plant outdoors because I take the time to LST, and trim properly... If a person has a job, it is quite difficult to keep up with a large amount of plants.. That being said I have always tried to maximize what I get PER PLANT, not maximize the amount of plants..

...I simply love the elegant simplicity of your tunnel..

...Now on to that rock hard looking stuff you call dirt... The soil is much the same where I am, just not as many SMALL rocks.. Just large ones..LOL... A good rule of thumb when building a good composted style soil mix is not to mix too much organic material in the mix especially when using immediately... It is best to freeze all your plant material for 3 to 5 days, then thaw and pulverize it in a blender/food processor... Once you do that then you add it to a soil mix such as Pro mix HP, or just some garden soil that can be purchased at most local green houses or Big chain stores..

...Surely can be purchased online by you, in that weird spot.. 3 weeks shipping from anywhere... LMAO... Not funny, but kinda is.... It would be my suggestion to mix the pulverized material with some rain water for soil mix saturation, especially if PH is a concern for you and your water... SO Here is a BASIC little formula for you to follow for hard soil replacement...

.... You need to get at least a bale or two of Pro Mix HP/Garden Soil, and perlite/Peat Moss... Mix as follows : 3 parts Pro Mix, 1.5 to 2.0 parts Original Soil, 1.25 parts perlite... Adjust with more perlite if needed, and remember most styrofoam shredded up is Perlite... LOL.. I use recycled NON FOOD styrofoam all the time.... This should be mixed really well such as a rototiller, or something like that... If nothing like that is available then mix up, and get it quite wet and smash it together then dry well... It really needs to be mixed well.. I am afraid to say that using fresh produce and the like attracts bugs, and causes excessive bug control measures... Remember from my older threads that I make compost piles for FUTURE uses, and Rarely use it even in the same year... That being said we can discuss further as you get started with your mixing.. Remember that I am an Organic PermaCulture Farmer, and Cannabis grower.. I have access to Great Compost all the time anyway, but only because we continue to build compost piles all the time.. Most of the time my compost is more than a year and a half old... So DEFINATELY start a compost pile for next year at the same time this year buddy ol' pal... LMAO....

....I am loving your ideas on going with what strains work for ya... I am no longer gonna get caught up in growing the new craze as far as strains go... I am moving on from growing for flower, to growing for breeding and genetics ONLY... With my meds mixed in of course... I will be watching man, I am wishing you much success, and of course an ABSOLUTELY Green day.... and to all

Bra... I've got tunnel envy. I wish I could grow in the ground again. Well my own Plants anyway. Looks like you are going to have a smashing season. Are you gonna do gas lantern to stop flowering? Ill have to keep a spotlight on then until 8 each eve until end Oct prob mid Nov to be sure.
I'm sure a trip down to the beach would do well. Some shells and kelp. Maybe a couple crayfish shells smashed into powder. With the arrival of the little one I've yet to finish my soil. It's all here in bags driving the missus nuts.
Looking forward to watching this work out great for you Smeegs

What does the Canna Bible say mr.Rugged...? Thou shall not covet another mans tunnel.... :rofl::rofl:
Says the man with the rooftop and table mountain chilling in the background...haha, the seeds I popped yesterday will only be going out beginning Oct I reckon all depends on how big they get I had to juggle space to make a home for the new kids. I was going to do 18/6 - 16/10 -14/10 and then introduce them outside... Need to think bout the gas lantern route as it can't be bright and seen from the road...

The tunnel is looking good man! I made my own compost I worked through my soil for my outdoor cheese and man are they happy with it. the fan leaves has 10 fingers per leave because of this compost. I am currently busy making new compost and in a bigger 210liter drum I sank in the ground for the next season. Maybe start looking at that option. Saves a lot of money than to buy stuff.

I am going to keep tabs on this and want to see ow this is going to turn out. It seems you have a solid plan going and it is great man!

Goodluck brother!

Cheers for that info brother it's much appreciated, I'll keep you tagged if anything of interest or tips n tricks that might be of use to you....:snowboating:

Brother Smeegs, it was a cracker of a season for you previously, looking forward to the tunnel grow coming up!
Those holes you and your cousin dug are impressive, no doubt that'll be enough root space to grow some monsters.

Sounds good to me, with the addition of the trip to the beach as brother Lerugged mentioned. Wash everything from the beach off real good to avoid adding too many salts to your soil mix, beach and crab shells grinded up are great for the addition of calcium. Seaweed would be an important addition for me, and cannabis loves it. Easy to dry out and grind up and add to your soil, but i actually prefer to do a seaweed tea to extract all the good shit outta it and add it to feedings. Some perlite for sure. Looking forward to your soil mix!
Loving all the genetics! And looking forward to see how the Amadeadly's do as there's a couple growers here in the Wetsern Cape running their beans, the Bushfire OG looks impressive too!
:passitleft:
i wanted to check with you how your rosin press is treating you? Have you had a crack at it yet? He popped me a new mail as they've got a new model just released that's seriously peeking my interests! :headbanger:
New company in Somerset West offering the service of 5 presses for R750, including bags - which is not bad. Things are warming up.

Evening brother ya I'm 3 hours from Durbs so seashells from the seashore has to be planned trip to see family that's there but that's not often though..

I haven't used the press yet...:thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Long story.

Smeegs, Nice to see you have come to your senses bro han.. I think you will be super impressed with what you get out of 10 plants.. I myself believe less is more.. I average around 1.75 to 3.00 pounds per plant outdoors because I take the time to LST, and trim properly... If a person has a job, it is quite difficult to keep up with a large amount of plants.. That being said I have always tried to maximize what I get PER PLANT, not maximize the amount of plants..

...I simply love the elegant simplicity of your tunnel..

...Now on to that rock hard looking stuff you call dirt... The soil is much the same where I am, just not as many SMALL rocks.. Just large ones..LOL... A good rule of thumb when building a good composted style soil mix is not to mix too much organic material in the mix especially when using immediately... It is best to freeze all your plant material for 3 to 5 days, then thaw and pulverize it in a blender/food processor... Once you do that then you add it to a soil mix such as Pro mix HP, or just some garden soil that can be purchased at most local green houses or Big chain stores..

...Surely can be purchased online by you, in that weird spot.. 3 weeks shipping from anywhere... LMAO... Not funny, but kinda is.... It would be my suggestion to mix the pulverized material with some rain water for soil mix saturation, especially if PH is a concern for you and your water... SO Here is a BASIC little formula for you to follow for hard soil replacement...

.... You need to get at least a bale or two of Pro Mix HP/Garden Soil, and perlite/Peat Moss... Mix as follows : 3 parts Pro Mix, 1.5 to 2.0 parts Original Soil, 1.25 parts perlite... Adjust with more perlite if needed, and remember most styrofoam shredded up is Perlite... LOL.. I use recycled NON FOOD styrofoam all the time.... This should be mixed really well such as a rototiller, or something like that... If nothing like that is available then mix up, and get it quite wet and smash it together then dry well... It really needs to be mixed well.. I am afraid to say that using fresh produce and the like attracts bugs, and causes excessive bug control measures... Remember from my older threads that I make compost piles for FUTURE uses, and Rarely use it even in the same year... That being said we can discuss further as you get started with your mixing.. Remember that I am an Organic PermaCulture Farmer, and Cannabis grower.. I have access to Great Compost all the time anyway, but only because we continue to build compost piles all the time.. Most of the time my compost is more than a year and a half old... So DEFINATELY start a compost pile for next year at the same time this year buddy ol' pal... LMAO....

....I am loving your ideas on going with what strains work for ya... I am no longer gonna get caught up in growing the new craze as far as strains go... I am moving on from growing for flower, to growing for breeding and genetics ONLY... With my meds mixed in of course... I will be watching man, I am wishing you much success, and of course an ABSOLUTELY Green day.... and to all

What a gent mr.Hacker cheers kindly brother for that info, we do get promix here in the land of giraffes and rhinos I think...haha I'll have to check with Irie as I reckon he'll know more than I being from the city.
I need to get a compost heap going this season and I do remember watching you build your compost heaps in your old journal before you went off a gallivanting...

I'm def going to follow this and ask a good few questions too as I've been heading this way but kinda don't get to take the next step.
Veggie scraps are plentiful and I got a blender, I was wondering if the mix I'd had in mind would've been to not and the cool down period thereof...
Got a old rototil that's out of commission but mixing by hand ya gotta do what ya gotta do but I'll get help as my back would tell me to fook off long time ago...haha
Blessed evening brother, found a cpl whopper rocks too....haha

Forgot some clones and me being weird.....

image.jpg

These were clones I took off a WW and a uk cheese which are busy flowering right now, I actually have pics I'll show ya, they've flowered, revegged and that's when I snipped them clones, got 2 ww and 3 uk cheese I planted them into the pots 19/6 and they were struggling and I snipped off all the dead bits you see this morning. I actually forgot bout them cause they so small....

The moms....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

U.K. Cheese on top and WW last pic..
Both are looking very ravaged and both love powdery mildew, I've sprayed with all sorts but it keeps coming back so fingers crossed they go full term...

The weird me.....

Another WW reveg and a Critcal....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

WW on top and critical below....haha just random fooling around see what comes from it, maby a cool sculpture type thingy....haha can see i smoke to much.....:rofl:

Oh tunnels looking good matey. Do you have supplement lighting in there seeing as you starting so early?

Cheers for the kind words brother, not yet brother but I do have 24 50w led boards on order for that reason as the tunnel is def getting plastic over this season.
At the moment I carry the girls outside daily due to space constraints indoors and its serving me well, the new lot will be under fluros and outdoors for now...will post pic of LED later .

Nice, yeah I'm trying to figure out how to get the indoor vegging plants to adapt to outdoors without flowering. Apparently even in full summer they'l try flower 1st because of the constant indoor light.

I don't know if you remember when I had those big ol boxes in the tunnel beginning of sept/oct last year before i took them out, I took clones off the graanys balls that i had going and once they had rooted and spent a week under lights I introduced them outside daily and 2nd week I started leaving them out overnight and they carried on vegging fine..

I might be mistaken but something I've wondered about which I'm going to try because I reckon if you take clones once rooted I don't believe that because it's been under 24hr lighting and is same age as parent that it should first flower then revert to vegging. If you take a clone with new established roots and it goes outside it should grow as from seed according to light schedule and not flower from day one but then you need to keep an eye on root development to test the theory out from the word go....

Dunno if it will work and I will try closer to summer when I take some clones off the new kids and report back as it worked last time but maby it was a fluke..

Back
Top Bottom