The Jerky Box Project: OG Kush & Haze 2.0

No the plants adjust to the constant light they get from inside so when you take them outside the lack of constant light gets them confused. I'm talking about plants that are inside for awhile to grow into a decent size, not just newly rooted clones.
The age / roots have nothing to do with the photo period. The amount of light signals the plant to either veg or flower. so any significant light loss will trigger flowering. This was the info given to me by SV. Gonna chat with him later about how to adjust plants he's just a bit busy right now.

So if you take clones close to summer and only have them indoors for a week or 2 then yeah they should be fine.

No the plants adjust to the constant light they get from inside so when you take them outside the lack of constant light gets them confused. I'm talking about plants that are inside for awhile to grow into a decent size, not just newly rooted clones.
The age / roots have nothing to do with the photo period. The amount of light signals the plant to either veg or flower. so any significant light loss will trigger flowering. This was the info given to me by SV. Gonna chat with him later about how to adjust plants he's just a bit busy right now.

So if you take clones close to summer and only have them indoors for a week or 2 then yeah they should be fine.

I'm with ya now, ya they flip automatically at the change in light from indoors to out, and the only way is gas lantern or similiar.
If you pick up anything interesting from SV and don't mind sharing please do...

Well I'm picking up some seeds next week...yay for me. I sent him a bunch of transkei landrace seeds and he traded them with overseas guys. A whole YEAR later and seeds are still rocking up due to the slow post office.

But yeah if I get any info from him i'l pass it along

Damn I remember that convo.... :snowboating:
Well done on that but agreed on the postal took just shy of 5 months for my last seeds to arrive cpl weeks back.
I got some Transkei landrace from another member here that im going to see what comes from it.

So I took the day off from digging holes as overdid it yesterday so lightning strikes to the nether regions were like clockwork every 20min but trooper born and bred....haha

So I did a bit of shuffling the plants today and moved out from the box to a shitty location but they be alright overnight till I get the fans and whatnots inside there tomorrow while the girls are sunbathing in the garden..

They sunning themselves under 2xqb130 v2s so will see how they behave in the next cpl days, the lights are hanging at 1,2m from the ground up.

I don't think those lights were meant to cover so many but that's the job they are needed for right now as the new seedlings will be going into my box under the fluros.

image.jpeg

It's a shitty area they in but oh well.... :rofl:

I used some old mattresses to protect the roots from the cold floor and will be putting in an electric fan heater blowing onto the back of a box fan before it enters the room to raise temps, it takes 10min to heat the room up with the window open for fresh air and cools down in 5-6min so ill put the fan on a timer overnight to come on at 10min intervals and see if that works for the freezing evenings.

So I took the day off from digging holes as overdid it yesterday so lightning strikes to the nether regions were like clockwork every 20min but trooper born and bred....haha

So I did a bit of shuffling the plants today and moved out from the box to a shitty location but they be alright overnight till I get the fans and whatnots inside there tomorrow while the girls are sunbathing in the garden..

They sunning themselves under 2xqb130 v2s so will see how they behave in the next cpl days, the lights are hanging at 1,2m from the ground up.

I don't think those lights were meant to cover so many but that's the job they are needed for right now as the new seedlings will be going into my box under the fluros.

image.jpeg

It's a shitty area they in but oh well.... :rofl:
Yeah buddy!
:high-five:

Take it easy on the back brother. I push myself too hard too & gotta stop it. LoL

Real easy to Jack something up & need another fusion.

Be well homie!
:passitleft:

Yeah buddy!
:high-five:

Take it easy on the back brother. I push myself too hard too & gotta stop it. LoL

Real easy to Jack something up & need another fusion.

Be well homie!
:passitleft:

Scared to jack something up, niggly feeling I have already sadly....
But I got plenty of plants to keep me busy till the next MRI which touch wood never comes...haha

Brother may you have a blessed evening ahead and regards all round..

If you just vegging you should be good with lifting the lights more to get a slightly bigger area. Just keep an eye out to see if they start stretching too much. Can't find the link but there's something to do with the inverse law about height and the cobs working to cover or penetrate more.

I know they helluva strong as I had them on the clones when they were younger but the clones started stacking new branches so tightly I didn't know what to do so I switched them off and moved the clones into the box, but now the box is needed so the lights went back on. I going to watch them for the next next cpl days to see if they stretch and adjust the lights accordingly..
I did notice previously that I needed to add calmag to the feedings when they were 1st under the lights which I've read about before on other journals..
Ive got the lights running at approximately 30% strength which Daniel from growopz suggested I start with so I'll see how they react next cpl days, that link sounds bit higher grade language to me, i need the dummy's guide to using qb's.... :rofl:

You have a wonderful collection in the Head Smeegs.... Should be plenty of fertilizer there huh ??? LMAO.. Gotta do what ya gotta do... I have seen people growing IN the actual toilet.. Actually three toilets... Ironically, he was a plumber... And it was an out of order bathroom, OBVIOUSLY... LOL... Green evening to ya Smeegs... and to all

You have a wonderful collection in the Head Smeegs.... Should be plenty of fertilizer there huh ??? LMAO.. Gotta do what ya gotta do... I have seen people growing IN the actual toilet.. Actually three toilets... Ironically, he was a plumber... And it was an out of order bathroom, OBVIOUSLY... LOL... Green evening to ya Smeegs... and to all

Morning mr.Hacks I do believe you are right...haha, trying to creep outta bed slowly without disturbing my 2 mutts as they moan at me for disrupting their warm spots...haha
Onwards and upwards, coffee beckons and a smoke, green days ro ya brother.

Hey brother Smeegs hope you had a cracker of a day and taking it easy this evening, with all those beans popping you're sure gonna have your hands busy the next coupla weeks, you putting those beans into basic soil in solo cups or whatcha got planned for them? :passitleft:

I'm impressed with some of the crosses from Motherland Smeegs, they've got a lot going on now.
How much did it set you back per pack? I want to run their beans but iv'e not got the indoor space, again i can't wait for summer :nomo:

Hey brother Smeegs hope you had a cracker of a day and taking it easy this evening, with all those beans popping you're sure gonna have your hands busy the next coupla weeks, you putting those beans into basic soil in solo cups or whatcha got planned for them? :passitleft:

Evening brother Irie, got them going into small pots filled with freedom farms mix and feeding biobzz grow and living in the box for now ....

I'm impressed with some of the crosses from Motherland Smeegs, they've got a lot going on now.
How much did it set you back per pack? I want to run their beans but iv'e not got the indoor space, again i can't wait for summer :nomo:

I was fortunate to inadvertently find out I know who motherland genetics is when he revealed himself under his real name to me so I got distribution price of R250 each.
I've also been keen on motherland als because of the crosses....haha
I'll be taking clones when the time comes so will give you shout if you want to add to the cheeseboard brother..

Back
Top Bottom