The Living Medicine Cabinet

Update day 70 from seed- Beginning of Flower

So I'm a little bit more stressed than I was a couple hours ago. I took look into the cabinet...and on the surface everything is business as usual.

WP_20150916_19_31_15_Pro.jpg

But then on closer examination I realized that Afgooey is really starting to yellow.

WP_20150916_19_28_54_Pro.jpg

And C99 too :bitingnails:

WP_20150916_19_30_24_Pro.jpg

Granted Cindy isnt quite as bad...but Afgooey...I don't know why I didn't think anything of it before but a couple of her leaves had small yellow spots right at where the stem meets the actual leaf. It looks like it spread from that point in a few of the leaves. Meanwhile like 3 or 4 of the medium sized leaves all the way at the bottom of the plant have yellowed and fallen off.

I swear they weren't like that this morning. They didn't even look all that thirsty when I checked them. But when I got home, Afgooey was especially droopy with said yellow leaves plaguing her. I'm worried that this is a sign that they have outgrown their containers.....but I can't transplant them at all.

I feel like this is somewhat normal with scroging. The plants quickly drop lower leaves because they get little to no light and there is so much other vegitation. But it just happened so quick, which is what made me think maybe they don't have enough space.

At least afgooey just looks necrotic...but Cindy looks like it may be a worsening deficiency.

Anyways, I topdressed them both to death after my drench. Cindy is really putting out those root tips the more I bury her trunk. Hopefully, they get a little N boost with the topdress + Drench

The Drench was a little stronger this time. 1/2tablespoon Fish, 1/2 tablespoon kelp, and a dash of molasses mixed with 1000ml of RO water. Since the lights went of early I also did a foliar of mostly water and the last dregs of kelp meal left in my spray bottle. Hopefully that makes them feel a little better.

Oh boy...deep breath

On a positive note, I transplanted my tomato plants a couple days ago and put them out side. THEY ALREADY HAVE FUNGI JUMPING OUT OF THE SOIL! Its a little hard to see in the photo. But I only put a little bit of VAM endo in my extra soil a while ago. I potted them with that dirt and woila, successfully inoculated. Now why cant my girls in the cabinet be like that? Maybe its something about being outside?

WP_20150916_18_41_47_Pro.jpg

Lights went on at 6:30am and went off at 8pm today. So today was 13 1/2 hour day and tomorrow will be straingt 12/12. i think that works out alright as jump day. Some people like to let them sit for a day in the dark...but I think that's probably not necessary and puts undo stress on the plants right at the beginning of the jump.

Just to wrap it up, we are 70 days of veg from the time the germinated seeds were put in the soil and probably about 68 since they broke ground.

Wish me luck. :straightface:

Quick Update

My girls are making me proud. They are showing clear signs of sex. I vegged long enough that it was evident before. But you all know how clear it can become after just a few days of flower.

C99

WP_20150919_11_34_53_Pro.jpg

Afgooey

WP_20150920_09_09_10_Pro.jpg

I watered last night right before lights out at 8pm. Here's the before...

WP_20150919_11_28_31_Pro.jpg

And here's the after. Its a subtle difference but look at how eager they are to reach for the light. I'm a proud father. :)

WP_20150920_09_07_54_Pro.jpg

I'll be going out to pick up some more RO water and will be brewing a Tea for Monday night. I didn't water as much yesterday so they should be thirsty a day early. I wanted to give them about a week to get established in flowering mode before I hit them with the Tea so that they aren't still in shock. This should be a fun ride. Stay tuned!

That C99 looks interesting, can you tell me more about the genetics of this strain?
That net is filling nicely, I am tempted to try a SCROG myself.

That C99 looks interesting, can you tell me more about the genetics of this strain?
That net is filling nicely, I am tempted to try a SCROG myself.

I know that it is originally a unique phenotype of Jack Herer known as Princess that was later mixed with a unique Skunk x Herer blend.

The specifics of Female Seeds' strain is here C99 (by Female Seeds) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

Its supposed to very melon and grapefruity...supposed to be a very uppy sativa that finishes in around 7 weeks (we shall see). So pretty much the perfect Sativa. :)

I would like to try my hand with some sativas this coming year. This one looks promising.

If you want to grow regular seeds there are actually some other Cindy strains that may be better quality. Female Seeds' version appears to be the standard nowadays, but even I wonder how often they refresh the genetics.

Look up Classic Seeds. Their packs are cheap and they actually made an effort to stabilize older cuts of C99 before they played around with them. C99 x Strawberry Diesel. Sounds delicious. I'll PM you a link.

Update 11 Days of Flower - 7 Days since Pistils

I was a bad boy and never bought any RO water. Finally did this morning because they closed the office for a bike race.

You guessed it that means no Tea on Monday or Tuesday, but I did another drench with the little RO water I had left. I didn't get to the drench until yesterday so my whole schedule is messed up for now. But at this point the water needs of the plants are cycling so much that at this point I am just watching for when they get thirsty.

The plants always look small from this angle, but I like to let people see the whole interior of the cab.

WP_20150925_14_41_13_Pro_highres.jpg

WP_20150925_14_39_19_Pro.jpg

C99 is looking out of control. I am training a much as I can, but some of the smaller branches are already too stiff to tuck anymore. I'm just going to have to let her go wild. :)

WP_20150925_14_42_08_Pro.jpg

My mouth is watering at how chunky Afgooey is going to get. What a curvaceous full figured shaped she has.

WP_20150925_14_41_46_Pro.jpg

Here's where we are in flower.

WP_20150925_14_33_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20150925_14_33_41_Pro.jpg

BONUS: This is how I transport my RO water from the store to home! ;)

WP_20150925_10_26_02_Pro.jpg

nothin like safety first. wouldn't want water flyin all over the car.

C99 is looking out of control. I am training a much as I can, but some of the smaller branches are already too stiff to tuck anymore. I'm just going to have to let her go wild.

CC can you tie them down to the screen with pipe cleaners or such, and train them that way? That's what I do when I can't bend them enough to move them on and out of squares

CC can you tie them down to the screen with pipe cleaners or such, and train them that way? That's what I do when I can't bend them enough to move them on and out of squares

At this point its only one that is sort of crazy. So I'll let it go. Everything else is pretty well managed ATM.

I'm so excited you're in bloom now. I flip Carnival this week and that'll be my first flip, so I'm pretty excited to watch it all happen. It's all going well here CC. It's gonna get stinky soon. :laughtwo:

I'm so excited you're in bloom now. I flip Carnival this week and that'll be my first flip, so I'm pretty excited to watch it all happen. It's all going well here CC. It's gonna get stinky soon. :laughtwo:

Hey Sue, good to see you. Flowering is clicking right along as you would say.

Day 15 of Flower

The tea was pulled around 7:30pm tonight. It contained the follow ingredients:
-1 1/2 gal RO water
-4TBSP of Kelp Meal
-1 - 1 1/2 ounces of Worm Castings
-Dash of VAM fungal inoculant
-About 1/2 TBSP of BSM. I try to not overdo with the molasses.

-And once the tea was done I mixed with about 1 TBSP of fish fert. I like to blend it at the end because it makes a mess on my air stones.

I didn't measure all that accurately because they were both thirsty and I wanted to thoroughly drench them until they couldnt hold any more. If I had to guess, each plant got about 1 1/2 - 2 quarts of tea. The rest went to my house plants. Then I top dressed both of with a couple ounces of the tea mash that was left over in my brew bag.

Also, the plants are a little more tame now. I dropped Afgooey off her 2x4 blocks, but can't stretch her out too much more because of that break at the main stem. And I really pushed C99 out flat. Save for that one branch in the center that cannot be conquered and a couple on the ends that have no more room to be tucked.

WP_20150930_19_51_56_Pro.jpg

Afgooey

WP_20150930_19_54_59_Pro.jpg

I'm all OCD about that ugly branch sticking out. But the adventurous side of me wants to leave it and see how much it fills out. ;)

WP_20150930_19_55_34_Pro.jpg

I'll get you guy some pictures tomorrow of what they look like after the Tea. They always love the Tea :)

Back
Top Bottom