The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a few people were posting about adding Calmag to MC so I thought I would mention I just did a comparison test on two Sensi Northern Lights clones from the same mother adding Calmag to one plant and not the other.

The plant I added Calmag to did produce 3% more bud which is hardly significant but in addition to the small increase in bud mass the plant with Calmag also seemed to have denser lower buds; the plant without Calmag had light flarfy lower buds not worth collecting but the one with seemed to have lower buds of any size well worth harvesting because of superior density.

My water is 132mg/L hardness and here is the water report. Water Quality Reports - Niagara Falls - Niagara Region, Ontario

I am not sure I will be using Calmag with MC because the difference was so small but there was an improvement from using it. Just reporting the facts. If you want to see my post on it with pics here is the address.

I see a few people were posting about adding Calmag to MC so I thought I would mention I just did a comparison test on two Sensi Northern Lights clones from the same mother adding Calmag to one plant and not the other.

The plant I added Calmag to did produce 3% more bud which is hardly significant but in addition to the small increase in bud mass the plant with Calmag also seemed to have denser lower buds; the plant without Calmag had light flarfy lower buds not worth collecting but the one with seemed to have lower buds of any size well worth harvesting because of superior density.

My water is 132mg/L hardness and here is the water report. Water Quality Reports - Niagara Falls - Niagara Region, Ontario

I am not sure I will be using Calmag with MC because the difference was so small but there was an improvement from using it. Just reporting the facts. If you want to see my post on it with pics here is the address.
How would u compare mc harvest to your previous nute line?

How would u compare mc harvest to your previous nute line?
My previous nute line was some concoction from the local grow store who said it was complete and I also used worm castings in my soil with it and my plants were not happy in it at all. @MrSauga rescued me early on recommending to switch to MC and it works infinitely better.

My fan leaves yellow a bit in the last few weeks with MC which is why I did my MC experiment but the consensus seems to be late-life yellowing of leaves is a natural part of the plant's life cycle. Calmag didn't seem to stop the leaf yellowing.

I found the pic with the label from my first nute.
!cid_50d88671-2ac8-44ec-82b7-a4ffa2529bbf@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Thanks, very helpful to see that you saw some benefit from cal-mag even with hard water.
You using LEDs?

My tap is 6.6 hardness, Mg 0.64, Ca 1.8

Thanks, very helpful to see that you saw some benefit from cal-mag even with hard water.
You using LEDs?

My tap is 6.6 hardness, Mg 0.64, Ca 1.8
Yes, I am using LED's. I started out with blurples and didn't like them much and then was fortunate to be selected for Journal of the Month and received a MegaLight from Nextlight which I love.

Hey all

Haven’t run into any major issues since switching to MC (not nutrient related anyways) Not sure how you all get away with running MC over 5-5.5. Soon as I get over 5.5 (around 720-750 ppm) it’s starts to build up in the water causing ph drop and a spike in ppm as the plants are drinking more water than Nutes. Easily burnt my tips running at 5.5.

How long do you all flush for when using MC? I’m about 2.5 weeks from harvest and am starting to slowly dial back my Nutes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
@Rdwcfishing nice looking crop there!
I wouldn't worry about reaching a particular number. Go with whatever makes the ladies happy! Higher ppm does not equal better anything. I'm sure everyone remembers nutes are just building supplies for the plants, the light is the real food.
Flushing? Like with straight water for a week? YMMV in dwc, but personally I've come to believe it doesn't do anything useful, thus don't flush per se.. I do reduce nutes once the plants start drinking less near the end. I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences.

Hey all

Haven’t run into any major issues since switching to MC (not nutrient related anyways) Not sure how you all get away with running MC over 5-5.5. Soon as I get over 5.5 (around 720-750 ppm) it’s starts to build up in the water causing ph drop and a spike in ppm as the plants are drinking more water than Nutes. Easily burnt my tips running at 5.5.

How long do you all flush for when using MC? I’m about 2.5 weeks from harvest and am starting to slowly dial back my Nutes.

i go to water 3 days before chop now. MC does not build up the same way as other nutes. i used to run a feed / feed / water schedule but have dropped the water side as well since switching.

currently just under 7g / gal 4 wks after flip. we are mixing 11g / 6L RO. was surprised when we hit 10g, no idea what to think now

... Should I order sweet candy or bud explosion to use with mega crop in flowering?

Do we get the option of voting Neither, and just continue to use Mega Crop alone?

Do we get the option of voting Neither, and just continue to use Mega Crop alone?

i'm with farside..

grow it out a couple times first with just the MC alone @NewLedFarmer .... greenleaf includes both of those in the MC mix already

My question is should I order sweet candy or bud explosion to use with mega crop in flowering?
You can have my bags. I started using them below the recommended amounts and weird things started going on with my leaves. Horrible looking. Stopped using them and just upped my mc amount and they turned around. They still bear the scars tho...
Ive since started using pro-tekt and calmag like some fellow members as i was having some cal issues still.
Not saying you would have the same experience i did and not discrediting the product, i just feel they're not really necessary for what i have going on.

currently just under 7g / gal 4 wks after flip. we are mixing 11g / 6L RO. was surprised when we hit 10g, no idea what to think now

thx friend. interesting to see the max solution mixture creeping up still. mega crop says max at 6gr per gal,, then folks were suggesting 6.5 g per gallon.

now you are at near 7gr per gal.

interesting because i have upped my mixture to 14 grams per 8 litres, from the recommended 12.7g per ltr. that is very near, tho a bit higher, than the 6.5 gr per gal.

but i am noticing that perhaps i am not quite high enough yet. hang on,,:volcano-smiley:,, ah, better now,, ha

with my solution percentage i mean,, haha. i think i need to go a bit higher still

P1170769.JPG

this honduras sativa is showing the most affects,, curious if y'all have any opinions on this issue. plant is growing insanely quickly,, bulking up,,

is this simply a case of the nutes not being able to keep up with growth?

tiny bit o tip burn as well,, the colour shown is pretty close,, a bit pale perhaps

P1170765.JPG
this the full plant cpl days ago

quite a few of the lowest fan leaves have really faded and rusted

whoa is me friends,,

Hey guys, got bored this morning after doing some maintenance and decided to take some pictures of my MC plants. I’ve grown better with bottle nutes but that’s because I’m familiar with them... I’m just surprised how well the MC does.
This one is my Purple Kush, it’s very early in flowering still but if you zoom in close you can see some purple on the calyx already... hopefully a sign of good things to come.
8F9D5B04-B8B0-455C-950E-59002103650B.jpeg

3FEDA94C-6558-4548-86BA-4F83A224E09C.jpeg

This last picture is a group of plants the 2 in front are pre98 bubba kush, one started flowering 2 weeks ago the other just started a few days ago and has not went through its stretch. The plant in the back left is a sky walker that was just switched to 12/12 few days ago so needs to stretch too and to the right of that is a black domina that started flowering the same time as the purple kush so it’s further along... not a lot of stretch on that one and the nodes are stacked.
BE85D9F2-7A93-4EC8-BA04-ED642EB0F42E.jpeg

Thanks for looking guys let me know what you think of the plants so far!

Attachments

• 01C54A2A-CD27-4FC0-A35E-008F522672F9.jpeg
    01C54A2A-CD27-4FC0-A35E-008F522672F9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
My next crop is planted, seeds went into water, cracked open and then popped into jiffy cubes. Once they sprout and give me a set of true leaves they'll be going into solo cups of Promix HP soilless medium. When and what weight to start is the current experience/recommendation for introducing MC for a soil less medium?

thx friend. interesting to see the max solution mixture creeping up still. mega crop says max at 6gr per gal,, then folks were suggesting 6.5 g per gallon.

now you are at near 7gr per gal.

interesting because i have upped my mixture to 14 grams per 8 litres, from the recommended 12.7g per ltr. that is very near, tho a bit higher, than the 6.5 gr per gal.

but i am noticing that perhaps i am not quite high enough yet. hang on,,:volcano-smiley:,, ah, better now,, ha

with my solution percentage i mean,, haha. i think i need to go a bit higher still

P1170769.JPG

this honduras sativa is showing the most affects,, curious if y'all have any opinions on this issue. plant is growing insanely quickly,, bulking up,,

is this simply a case of the nutes not being able to keep up with growth?

tiny bit o tip burn as well,, the colour shown is pretty close,, a bit pale perhaps

P1170765.JPG
this the full plant cpl days ago

quite a few of the lowest fan leaves have really faded and rusted

whoa is me friends,,
Go by the leaves in the lower half of the plant where the growth is slower, or has stopped. The 'greenness' of the leaves is determined by the nitrogen. The fast growth at the top is still pulling it in and will be lighter.

Question on adding Si with MC...

Once I hopefully get a viable Bday Cake mother cranking out clones I'm going to be quadlining at least two plants. Supporting my colas becomes the logistical issue at hand.

Being in DWC buckets I hate scrogging. Yoyo's are a pain in the arse to work around. My ideal solution is to grow tree trunks that can support their own weight.

I've never used Si and would like some feedback from those who have.

Any Si out there that won't fubar my npk ratio?

I've read it really raises your pH quite a bit. I wouldn't say I battle high pH once adjusted but I do go through pH down like it's PBR on a Saturday night getting to 5.8 already.

Does it increase branch diameter or just strengthen the structure?

Thanks for any input y'all can offer.

I'd like some input on problems with my current grow.

These are small plants of an unknown Nirvana sativa crossed w/ BFarm LSD. They are in coco and were flipped to 12/12 under Quantum board lights three weeks from sprout. I use RO water and they have been fed Megacrop since the beginning. Every gallon pH'ed to 5.8-6.0. They are currently in their 4th week since the flip and are at 5 grams per gallon. It's been a while since I've grown these seeds, but I believe they usually finish in 10 weeks.

Last week I began noticing some discoloration in the leaves and thought it was probably a Ca+ issue since I'm using LEDs and RO water. I added 2 ml/g of Callimagic and fed that last week without seeing any improvement. Yesterday I added 5ml per gallon and will see if that helps. I'd like some thoughts on whether I'm on the right track or if I should increase the MC dosage. I'm hesitant to do that since I've seen some folks have lockouts with too high of a dose.

Thanks for any thoughts you might be able to share!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom