The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

Also sometimes called "lambsbread" Lots of legend about the strain. Good deal.

Thank you. I'll edit that. :cheesygrinsmiley: :love:

When I'm that high, sometimes things slip through. I can't tell you how many joints got passed that first night. :laughtwo:

When I first started smoking in BC one of our mainstays was Jamaican. It was the first herb I ever smoked, with some friends at the penitentiary, aka school I was in. High speed stuff, we were always overcome with uncontrollable muscle twitches and giggling fits. Wheeee!

I may have written about this before but one of the first crosses that I ever made was in the late 70s or very early 80s with lambsbread that was brought back to me by a band that got a 2or3 month gig playing at some resort on the island. One of my friends brought me a few seeds back hidden in the woven sandals that he bought down there and wore back! Its kind a wild story that I believe Ive told before. Back then I remember it as a fairly speedy weed that grew pretty stemy with flowering nodes almost all mainly on the top and fairly sparse as you moved down. It ended up being a 2year project

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Popped the seeds for cornfield grow in Southern Ill. Only 1 germinate. It was female. Crossed it with one of our first Affies. It got destroyed by a groundhog or other critter . It had one branch with one cola....with one good seed. The next year we grew that seed. Grew into a pretty nice plant with 27 or 29 ounces of really good smoke. But no seeds and thats how that project ended

Good Morning everyone :love:

One of our goals as cultivators visiting Jamaica was to visit some local growers. some of us have been treated to individual visits with small growers, not unlike ourselves, without all the fancy indoor equipment and the base of knowledge we've accumulated. Yesterday we went as a group up into the hills to see a larger grow. You come here hoping to walk through fields, but we know it's February. What we found was more nursery than full-blown grow in action, but the day was an interesting exchange of ideas and another opportunity to share with another grower who knew what he's growing is the best, to share some of Doc's Lemon Paki and watch his eyes light up with surprise and appreciation.

I'll have a write-up on the trip to the grow later. I'll end this with a couple teaser shots. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'm going to breakfast and then on to another joy-filled day. I'm assuming you are all continuing to spread your own reserves of joy far and wide in concert with my own efforts?

Good.... there's a lot of joy to be shared. I started yesterday morning by officiating at the wedding of Nis and Canna Montana, in what I believe was the first :420: marriage. We held a simple but elegant hand binding ceremony on the beach with that luscious ocean view as the backdrop. It was an amazing experience that managed to go off without a hitch. Officiating unions of loving companions isn't something I've ever done before, but I trusted the universe to inspire me, and I believe it was exactly what was called for.

It was wonderful and spiritual and filled with joy. To be able to share that experience with so many new/old friends was humbling beyond belief. The trip just keeps getting better and better.

Those pictures I promised. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_422512.JPG

IMG_423519.JPG

IMG_423615.JPG

Afterwards he took us to his cousin's to show us more of what they had growing, and we had the chance to see some bigger plants further into blooming. That explains this shot. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_4258.PNG

Later everyone. :ciao: :love:

Wow! Sue you gave me a total flashback to a Dead concert in 1980 at the Rosemont Horizon. A buddy and I are walking by this guy and he says ," Will you 2 be my best men at my wedding?" We said , " Sure Man! When is it? We'll be there!" He laughed and said " Youre standing in the middle of it right now!" So we watched this couple get married. Im not certain if it was sanctioned by the state of Illinois...but....it felt good to us! Of course we were trippin nuts so....

Sure, why not? I'm hoping we do the next gathering in Colorado. We'd get more attendance if it were centralized. It's such a blessing to spend time with members I adore so much. It's like being with family. In

I'm gonna toss out a humble opinion here....
CO is over rated. Unless you plan on combining winter sports into your journeys, what unique thing does it offer? I find the answer to that question a bit lacking in verbage.
Again.... just Tead's 2cents.

CO is over rated. Unless you plan on combining winter sports into your journeys, what unique thing does it offer? I find the answer to that question a bit lacking in verbage.

A worthy consideration Tead. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Good morning everyone. :love:

I rode to the airport with Canna and Nis, so I'm here until 3:35. You may see me around for a while. I have hours to kill.

I'll take a moment here to encourage a continuation of your joyful journey. I'm floating on three 5:1 DDA caps. :cheesygrinsmiley: Yes, it feels joyful to the extreme. :laughtwo: It's a long day ahead. Thank goodness there's Carnival at the end of the trail. All these sativas that didn't quite get me there this week......... SweetSue found out this week that just saying "sativa" doesn't tell the whole story.

It'll be good to hit my own bed too. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Then there's this deep longing to see my plants...........

:hug:SS:hug:
Omg I'll bet you miss your babies like crazy.
I'm just in n out, I can relate right now. Though my situation is slightly different. Waiting for people is terrible especially when you- know -they will be late but just can't bring yourself to be just as late.
What beautiful photos you have posted for us. Thank you.
Meghan asked if there were any wedding photos.... )-:
But we shared a smile and reassured one another that it was everything we could imagine.

Sorry I shared those here. I thought I was on your of topic thread.
Please feel free to edit or if I need to I will.
:passitleft: I gotta go n smoke. :rofl:

If I should be invited, San Diego end of California, anywhere in Colorado or anywhere in Nevada would work well for me.

New Mexico has a recreational bill that probably will not pass this year though they are still in session.

You never know, the state is broke.

Best

Maine is very pretty with much to offer especially outdoor harvest time. Jis sayin. Next year, I know of a place that will be serving all cannabis infused meals and drinks with lodging.
Seafood is bountiful and scenery is nothing short of spectacular

Maybe some outdoor and possibly a couple indoor tours could be made available by then. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom