I’m a little behind - we have a new family member. Meet Dax. She’s a pit mix, 12 weeks old, rescued from deplorable conditions now helping me understand all the ins & outs of growing. She’s relevant to this journal…
F3E4E85F-6ACB-44B5-86B6-78C63E3E2E7E.jpeg

I’m a little behind - we have a new family member. Meet Dax. She’s a pit mix, 12 weeks old, rescued from deplorable conditions now helping me understand all the ins & outs of growing. She’s relevant to this journal…
F3E4E85F-6ACB-44B5-86B6-78C63E3E2E7E.jpeg
She is adorable. :green_heart:
Hope your having a great day my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hi there :) I hope you don't mind if I take a seat. I am also growing a Bruce Banner the #2 version in LOS, so I searched the site and found your grow. I see some friendly faces too!

Cm
Hi there :) I hope you don't mind if I take a seat. I am also growing a Bruce Banner the #2 version in LOS, so I searched the site and found your grow. I see some friendly faces too!
The more the merrier! Welcome!

I actually turned them up to 100% within a few minutes of your suggestion. 24 hours in- so far, so good...
Three days in with lights at 100% and this afternoon I did notice some upward curling on some of the crown leaves.
The lights are 19" from the tallest colas. I'll raise them a few inches in the morning at lights on & see if or how hey respond. Thanks for the tip on what to look for...

Three days in with lights at 100% and this afternoon I did notice some upward curling on some of the crown leaves.
The lights are 19" from the tallest colas. I'll raise them a few inches in the morning at lights on & see if or how hey respond. Thanks for the tip on what to look for...
Can you just bend the colas over and drop the light. :thumb:
Or at least leave it.

Stay safe

Wow, a puppy is way more time consuming than our hobby is (for me, at least). Much like the girls in our garden, she has short, explosive bursts of energy & growth. Then she rests & gears up for the next round of vittles! (not a bad segue if I do say so myself). Here's an update from yesterday:

The GSC were quite receptive to the partial waterings as far as growth & vitality & probably overall. Now i' going to dry them out for four days & see what they'll take. One of them seems to be water phobic, so I have to go go very slowly. I give them a quart each, and wait at least 15 minutes before round two. I water in a little bigger circle this time still going very slowly & trying to "push" the water to the edges. Then I'll wait 30 minutes to an hour & water to runoff but now trying to focus more on the outer edges of the root ball but still only a quart at a time. I'm sure I'm not the only one who when watering, see the water bead up on top of the soil & run straight to the side of the pot & in my case straight out of the fabric pot. It is truly a test of my patience - I've had ADHD all my life, but this is what it takes for me to fully saturate the soil.

Thanks to @Emilya Green for the term "water phobic" and of course for the watering guides...

Can you just bend the colas over and drop the light. :thumb:
Or at least leave it.

Stay safe
Funny you would mention that. I didn't do any kind of LST on them. I just topped them once & let them grow just to see them grow that way. Now I know. Wishing I had LST'd them. I think I can spread 'em out a little bit. I'll try that tomorrow.

Sorry for not posting. we had house guests for the weekend. The last we had company it was for several days & they don't know about the hobby, so I had to sneak out to water them a couple times. When I was able to turn my attention back to the girls, one had hermied & another one did as well later on. but it gets better. I had a bug infestation delivered by the devil him self. I had spider mites & whiteflies. Essential oils applied as a foliar spray got rid of the whiteflies but the spider mites dug in their heels. I got rid of a good many of them through defoliation, but they were still there at harvest time. The smoke was good - I wet trimmed & washed the buds before hanging, but I'm sure I've been smoking spider mites & their eggs for a few months now... Enough abut the problem. What I did about it was eliminate as many entry points as I could, set off foggers in the shop & then exterminated, so I know I killed 'em off before I started the next grow, and then used the essential oils foliar spray on at least a weekly basis. I've employed the same tactics with the current grow. I try to clean the space & repeat all of the above between each grow. I got paranoid & deleted the pictures off my phone...

Here are the girls side by side. I believe they're finished stretching. One Bruce Banner on the left & the two on the right are the GSC. I increased the light to 100% per @Bill284 's suggestion. I did have to raise the lights a bit as the leaves were beginning to curl upward at the tips. It's the time of year where the humidity will rise & fall dramatically, so I use a dehumidifier during the to keep the Rh between 50% & 60% during the day & a humidifier at night - last night the RH dropped to 38%. I also use a timer for my exhaust fan - on for 15 minutes & off for 1/2 hour. The fan pulls the dehumidified air out of the room & very humid air is pulled back in, so running the fan intermittently helps keep the RH in the zone. I'll be back later with updates on the individual girls.

IMG-2331.jpg

Here are the girls side by side. I believe they're finished stretching. One Bruce Banner on the left & the two on the right are the GSC. I increased the light to 100% per @Bill284 's suggestion. I did have to raise the lights a bit as the leaves were beginning to curl upward at the tips. It's the time of year where the humidity will rise & fall dramatically, so I use a dehumidifier during the to keep the Rh between 50% & 60% during the day & a humidifier at night - last night the RH dropped to 38%. I also use a timer for my exhaust fan - on for 15 minutes & off for 1/2 hour. The fan pulls the dehumidified air out of the room & very humid air is pulled back in, so running the fan intermittently helps keep in the zone. I'll be back later with updates on the individual girls.

IMG-2331.jpg
Beautiful :yahoo:
I see you have string there already, I'd tie those top colas over to the side a bit.
Then you can slowly lower your light.
Get the plants approximately the same height across the top.
This is only my ocd kicking in.
No need for you to panic.
Everything looks fantastic.
Hope your enjoying your day.

Stay safe

The Bruce Banner is on day 23 of flower. She's about half way there, so I'll give her a high P top dressing of Down to Earth brand 0-10-0 Seabird Guano. When I up potted I top dressed with two parts bat guano & one part kelp meal. These will be the only times they'll be top dressed. I use this in lieu of compost teas, as I'm not set up to brew them (for now). After the top dressing I'll add a fresh layer of mulch to keep the microbes happy. She's getting frosty & the buds are beginning to fatten up. She's on a 4 day wet/dry cycle & she'll take a gallon of water if I go very slowly...

IMG-2338.jpg
IMG-2332.jpg

Beautiful :yahoo:
I see you have string there already, I'd tie those top colas over to the side a bit.
Then you can slowly lower your light.
Get the plants approximately the same height across the top.
This is only my ocd kicking in.
No need for you to panic.
Everything looks fantastic.
Hope your enjoying your day.

Stay safe
I spent a good bit of time trying to do just that. Maybe I can get that done with some help, but the branches are pretty strong - when I pull one side the plant leans & doesn't straighten up when I try the other side. But those branches are STRONG. My intent was to top once & let them grow to see what happens - I've never done that, but yeah, next time I'll LST them from the start...

The Girl Scout Cookies are on day 25 of flower. By the way, I count day one of flower when I see pistils, not when I flip. These girls transitioned in 9 days - the Bruce Banner took 12 days. I have to say I'm surprised they didn't stretch more, but they've been at 32" in height for several days now - I guess they were just about finished stretching when I started this journal. They're on a 3 day wet/dry cycle & take 4-1/2 quarts now. I'm giving the an extra day to dry out & from this point forward will have an extra day to dry out every 4th watering. As you can see, some of the larger fan leaves are turning yellow. I'm not too worried about it since they're on the very bottom & it doesn't appear to be systemic. I'll be keeping a close watch on them, but I think they're just not contributing any more. I'll also be top dressing them soon, in about 10 days. I love the way the buds are stacking & fattening up & with 45 days to go, I'm expecting some fat buds...
IMG-2340.jpg
IMG-2334.jpg
IMG-2333.jpg

At night the temp drops to about 68° & goes up to about 82° during the day. There are times I have to manipulate the RH & other times I don’t. It varies wildly here, but what I really wanted to say was thanks for the input. Environmental issues stress me greatly - but I don’t panic. I’ll explain in another post…

I'm wrong about the leaves yellowing on one of the GSC. It seems to be moving upward. I just saturated them yesterday after an extra day of drying out. I've been looking, but I can only find what it might be. One possible solution offered is CalMag & I'll try adding that next watering. But my real question is how does one of two plants of the same strain with the same genetics in the same soil & environment become deficient? You'll also notice the upper most fan leaves curing upward at the tips, so I raised the lights a couple inches to 24"inches above the tallest colas. I did manage to tie down the tallest colas which gave me about another 1-1/2" but they still look stressed to me. Anyway, if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears...
IMG-2363.jpg
t colas,

IMG-2364.jpg
IMG-2365.jpg
IMG-2366.jpg

I'm wrong about the leaves yellowing on one of the GSC. It seems to be moving upward. I just saturated them yesterday after an extra day of drying out. I've been looking, but I can only find what it might be. One possible solution offered is CalMag & I'll try adding that next watering. But my real question is how does one of two plants of the same strain with the same genetics in the same soil & environment become deficient? You'll also notice the upper most fan leaves curing upward at the tips, so I raised the lights a couple inches to 24"inches above the tallest colas. I did manage to tie down the tallest colas which gave me about another 1-1/2" but they still look stressed to me. Anyway, if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears...
IMG-2363.jpg
t colas,

IMG-2364.jpg
IMG-2365.jpg
IMG-2366.jpg
There are a few things that can cause sisters to act differently.
Root size and development come to mind.
Watering issues arise.
They don't look overwatered.
I'd be inclined to try flushing the pot then refeed.
First are you feeding full strength nutrients at 6.3 ph?
If so run 3 x the size of the pot water through her or both of them.
5 gal pot 15 gal of water.
Then refeed right away.
Put calmag in your plain water first, wait 10-15 minutes then nutrients in order according to the schedule.
Then set ph to 6.3 and feed.
Do you water to runoff every time?
Talk soon.

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom