I’m just using distilled water. I added spikes when I up potted & thus far, one top dressing & they’ll get another top dressing 1/2 way through flower. I do water to runoff each time.

Supposedly, the TLO soil has all the nutrients the plant will need throughout it’s lifecycle with minimal supplementation. That’s what attracted me to the TLO method - not mixing & measuring nutes & not worrying about PH. That’s not to say that problems won’t arise, I’m just not sure about how to respond when they do…

I'm wrong about the leaves yellowing on one of the GSC. It seems to be moving upward. I just saturated them yesterday after an extra day of drying out. I've been looking, but I can only find what it might be. One possible solution offered is CalMag & I'll try adding that next watering. But my real question is how does one of two plants of the same strain with the same genetics in the same soil & environment become deficient? You'll also notice the upper most fan leaves curing upward at the tips, so I raised the lights a couple inches to 24"inches above the tallest colas. I did manage to tie down the tallest colas which gave me about another 1-1/2" but they still look stressed to me. Anyway, if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears...
IMG-2363.jpg
t colas,

IMG-2364.jpg
IMG-2365.jpg
IMG-2366.jpg
Ugh I always get that yellowing mid to late flower.... But yea I see what you mean how it's yellowing a bit odd..... If it was over watering the tops wouldn't be praying while the bottoms show drowning.... And cal-mag doesn't look to be quite the issue no rusting, spot damage, or burned edges :hmmmm: I tried adding bone meal(phosphorus) and terpinator (potassium) as the yellowing look can be from the plant canabalizing itself hence the yellow leaves.... But to no avail 😑.

So I'll be watching to see if anyone can give you some advice that I may be able to use.

I'm wrong about the leaves yellowing on one of the GSC. It seems to be moving upward. I just saturated them yesterday after an extra day of drying out. I've been looking, but I can only find what it might be. One possible solution offered is CalMag & I'll try adding that next watering. But my real question is how does one of two plants of the same strain with the same genetics in the same soil & environment become deficient? You'll also notice the upper most fan leaves curing upward at the tips, so I raised the lights a couple inches to 24"inches above the tallest colas. I did manage to tie down the tallest colas which gave me about another 1-1/2" but they still look stressed to me. Anyway, if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears...
IMG-2363.jpg
t colas,

IMG-2364.jpg
IMG-2365.jpg
IMG-2366.jpg
Maybe @Emilya Green has a suggestion…

Maybe @Emilya Green has a suggestion…
Well, it could be several things, but looking at the overall health of the plant I am not too concerned. That canopy is pretty thick and it could be that the plant is just self pruning that stuff down below because it isnt helping much. I don't know how long you cooked your soil either, but this is what happened to me when I rushed my soil to production. Lastly, knowing that it looks like potassium, is there anything about your mix, any shortcuts you took in regard to K?

Well, it could be several things, but looking at the overall health of the plant I am not too concerned. That canopy is pretty thick and it could be that the plant is just self pruning that stuff down below because it isnt helping much. I don't know how long you cooked your soil either, but this is what happened to me when I rushed my soil to production. Lastly, knowing that it looks like potassium, is there anything about your mix, any shortcuts you took in regard to K?
I cooked the soil for about six weeks so I don’t think that’s the issue. I followed The Rev’s instructions to the letter, so maybe it’s just an anomaly? The only ingredient I was unable to procure was the granular humic acid which is recommended, not required. He clearly states that things can go awry & I know that’s true of any grow. I do believe my effort was correct, but as I’ve said before, the outcome is out of my hands. The question I have now is: Should I intervene or just let her do her thing? It’ll be a learning experience either way…

The yellowing is definitely creeping it's way up & the uppermost leaves are now beginning to turn and are also cupping. What I'm reading in the troubleshooting chapter leads me to believe It's deficient in Calcium and Potassium, both of which should be abundant in the soil. One thought is there may be a mineral buildup in the rhizosphere which might occur if there's too high a concentration of worm castings in the soil OR a dead zone in the pot which might occur if the soils aren't properly merged when up potting. The dead zone definitely gets my attention also as if I water too quickly it'll start to run off immediately. With that in mind, I'm reconsidering a good flush, both to wash away any aforementioned mineral buildup and to saturate any dead zones (dry spots) in the soil. @Emilya Green your thoughts? @Bill284?
IMG-2382.jpg
IMG-2385.jpg

I scrolled up and saw your answer about the cooking time. This is in my humble opinion, the entire problem. 3 months minimum to avoid these issues.
Have I misinterpreted the instructions? The book says cooking for 20-30 days is sufficient. And again, why just one plant? They’re all in the same soil. Help me ObieWan…
B9AECEE2-9A66-432C-B9AA-8B980D89D913.jpeg

He also mentions 60 days as extra primo and I said to avoid any of these types problems, 90 days. As far as why one and not the other... not all kids are exactly the same. Sometimes there just isn't an answer.
I did notice you said that. So in your opinion there’s nothing to do? Thanks Em!

I did notice you said that. So in your opinion there’s nothing to do? Thanks Em!
oh no... that is not what I said either. Now that I have you convinced that this was a gardener caused problem, you can recover from it. Since you now know that this potassium and possibly calcium deficiency actually is real and has a cause, all you have to do is supplement. Calmag and Terpinator should help immensely.

I am going to take a leap and say that this is a common problem, since I did this too, on my first run with supersoil. I figured a month and a week or two was good enough and I started my first organic TLO grow. Just like clockwork, when the blooming needs starting kicking in around week 5, I had the same problem you are having. You can work around this and know that next time, your soil will be much better cooked and ready to go.

I am going to take a leap and say that this is a common problem, since I did this too, on my first run with supersoil. I figured a month and a week or two was good enough and I started my first organic TLO grow. Just like clockwork, when the blooming needs starting kicking in around week 5, I had the same problem you are having. You can work around this and know that next time, your soil will be much better cooked and ready to go.
Thanks my friend. I knew all along it was gardener induced. Thanks again for your help!

The GSC each took 5 quarts of water with CalMag today. I went very slowly & waited 1/2 hour between for a total of 5 one quart rounds. The deficient one had quite a bit more runoff - maybe 1/2 cup & the other maybe 1/4 cup but I'm confident they're totally saturated.

The Bruce Banner took it's usual gallon with maybe1/4 cup of runoff. She got a top dressing of equal parts Seabird Guano & kelp meal. I just spread it out, scratch it in a bit then moisten with a sprayer before watering so it doesn't float around.
IMG-2371.jpg
IMG-2374.jpg

The GSC each took 5 quarts of water with CalMag today. I went very slowly & waited 1/2 hour between for a total of 5 one quart rounds. The deficient one had quite a bit more runoff - maybe 1/2 cup & the other maybe 1/4 cup but I'm confident they're totally saturated.

The Bruce Banner took it's usual gallon with maybe1/4 cup of runoff. She got a top dressing of equal parts Seabird Guano & kelp meal. I just spread it out, scratch it in a bit then moisten with a sprayer before watering so it doesn't float around.
IMG-2371.jpg
IMG-2374.jpg
Have you ever tried insect frass or Bokashi?
It's good for your soil and roots.
Will help next time your cooking soil. :thumb:
I apologize I was late answering your question. :Namaste:
The greenhouse has eaten up most of my time and I'm a little behind.
Have you seen it? Starting to stretch now.
Emily has you taken care of, thanks Em.:ciao:
No one better at soil to ask a question. 😉
Have a great day.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Have you ever tried insect frass or Bokashi?
It's good for your soil and roots.
Will help next time your cooking soil. :thumb:
I apologize I was late answering your question. :Namaste:
The greenhouse has eaten up most of my time and I'm a little behind.
Have you seen it? Starting to stretch now.
Emily has you taken care of, thanks Em.:ciao:
No one better at soil to ask a question. 😉
Have a great day.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
I haven't tried those. Do you use both? No apologies necessary...

Bruce Banner is on day 28 of flower - 1/2 way there. As I stated earlier, I didn't let the root system develop fully so she's as tall as her sisters, but not as hefty. The buds are still developing nicely though & she's pretty frosty. I only took one picture of her today. I'll get some pics of the frostiness tomorrow, but here she is from the side...

IMG-2398.jpg

The GSC are on day 31 of flower - almost 1/2 way there. These buds are stacking up nicely & really fattening up. with approximately 49 days to go, I have high expectations from them. I explained early on that I topped them once & did nothing else. I wanted to see how they grew & really have no regrets. Those mains are gonna be fat! The sickly one looks a little better this morning. They all got a dose of CalMag yesterday & I have goods on the way from the zon to address the potassium issue. They are nice & frosty - wish I had a better camera...
IMG-2397.jpg
IMG-2396.jpg

Back
Top Bottom