This is amazing!

flowertop

Greetings to all :thumb: and Thank you to 420 Magazine for allowing us to join your forum. :thanks:

Just a little about us . Bill and Cindy here , ok ok not our real names But better then Flowertop :laughtwo: That was Cindy that picked out that screen name .
We are from a Very small town in the USA , Our weather is Hot and Humid, Cold , Colder and Freezing . We both grew up here and wet to school together and still together at the age of 55 . There was about 10 of us that smoked weed back in high school , in fact I think we are still the only 10 in this town that smokes LOL .
We always been very discreet even with our kids , until they moved out and now have kids .We told them how we deal with them bumps in the road and yet keep a smile our face . I'm good at building things and built a smoking room in our bedroom , well ventilated and filtered and you can smoke all you want and come out smelling like a rose .
So we have been smoking weed for over 39 years and never grew it our self . Yeah I bought a few homes for some people I'm sure . I mean we through some seeds from our bags a few times in the back woods and it grew But Never Like what I have seen here WOW ..:thumb:
So last year we decided that I would build me a grow room , this room would have to be completely hidden , as we are well respected in our community and often have guest drop in unexpected . As I said small town and Old ways .
I did build me a room that came out fantastic . I did read up of all the key factors on Building a small grow room . This room is behind a wall in one of our rooms in plane site But hidden. It is sound proof , water proof , fire proof , with sprinkler system for fire , has its own Electric Junction box with 220 volts in for multiple outlets , has its own Kill switch for fire , unauthorized entry , or just paranoid kill button . Surrounded by 8 inches of sound proofing insulation , then 2x4 steel studs , then 5/8" sheet rock , that's just the outer core . The inter core another 6" sound proofing 3/4 sheet rock and vented path ways through 6 compartments. 3 grow compartments , Seed and clone , Veg and flower . 2 mechanical compartments , Electric and Air flow device and a storage compartment. All this in a 4 feet deep 6 feet wide and 9 feet tall area . To test the sound proofing I had a fire alarm going off in the flower room with the doors all shut you could not hear a thing. Each compartment has its own lighting , 400 watt HPS Flower , 400 watt T5s for Veg and 200 watt for seed and clone .
I have many Photos and stories ,we have had some success with our 1st grow with Just bag seeds , Now we are ready for the Good seeds and We need Help . So that is why we are here to lean as much as we can and share our results , and I can help others on any building questions .
We are also in need of direction on posting as we are new to the thread /Forum.
And we are very concerned on posting photos , not that we will revile our personal information with any photos ,it's just can uncle Sam Trace our IP address for doing so ? So please advise.
Thanks
Bill and Cindy
:thanks:

Re: This is amazing !

:welcome: to 420 Magazine, WOW you guys really seem to have great energy and a fun spirit which makes this the perfect place for y'all.

We are so glad to have you guys here and I have no doubt that you will find everything you need from growing to activism and everything else in between. You need look no further because 420 Magazine is by far the best Cannabis forum on the net. We have the most friendly, helpful and compassionate members anywhere, so make yourselves at home and feel free to ask questions about anything Cannabis related...Here the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Re: This is amazing !

WOW thanks everyone for the nice welcoming to this site , Now I need to read on how to navigate around this Forum . Last time we posted anything was when AOL first came out . I mean we have Internet and on it all the time but never really got into the Forums .
And that you Weaselcracker for the Links .. How do we put a photo in our profile ? ..
And I see you have a spot for the Q and A's so this is where we will be heading because we got some sick/ unhealthy Ladies on hand .
So Hits us up anyone , We want to learn all we can and I'm sure we can Give back with some knowledge of some kind . Thanks again everyone :thanks:

Thank you Richard .. We are reading as much as we can to learn about the site and Grow support . Once we have this down We will be posting many photos and getting more in-tune with the site .. :thumb:

You guys are doing great, take your time and don't feel like you have to get it all in one sitting, there is much here to check out and so many things you can get out of this site but no one can get it all over night. You will always have all the support you'll ever need here.

Believe me when I tell you that 420 Magazine is very addictive, to the point of being down right infectious and time just seems to slip by without you even noticing so it's very easy to just loose yourself in it.

I am so glad to see y'all are having fun here :high-five:

As for editing your profile- if you haven't found that yet- it's under Settings- near the top of screen to the right of where it says your login name- then a list pops up- hit the top link, also called 'settings' and you'll find all sorts of options in there. There are a whole lot of options crammed into small spaces in this site. I'm pretty new and probably have just figured out the 10% that I need to get around.

I'm pretty new and probably have just figured out the 10% that I need to get around.

lol, I've been coming here for years and still forget how to do stuff and where things are sometimes and that's coming from someone who used to be a news hawk here. :scratchinghead:

But here's the thing, and probably the best thing about this site, there is always someone here that will pick you back up and help you along if you stumble and that's just something you won't get from any other forum like this and why 420 Magazine is the absolute best place on the net for all your Cannabis awareness needs hands down :high-five:

Personally, what I love most is the people here are fun, funny, warm, compassionate, patient and always willing to help in any way they can and that's such a rare thing these days, this site is just chock full of beautiful people with big hearts. :love:

Woohooo !! I think I did it .. Pic in profile . This is a doddle I did of My wife the Bud in her hand is real It was our first Grow , just some bag seeds But came out very well :thumb:.. We both are in our 50's But she looks like 18 and still get carded when we go to the city for dinner and drinks . My Daughter looks like her twin sister . I think with us smoking weed 75% of our lives it has stunted our growth.
Thanks again every one this site ROCKS !! we have to pinch our self's to let us know this is not a dream . We thought we were on our own doing the grow thingy and by the way this is just for Our personal use . Like I said we live in a small town call it mayberry rfd
So its not like I can drive down to my local Grow store and ask a lot of questions . The nearest Store is over 150 Miles away . Just to give you an Idea Cindy is so paranoid about things she made me stake out the only 2 grow stores in that city for 3 weeks . It was a good thing because the one store on the east side I'm sure its just a sting op .
I went in there one day with suite and tie and said my wife would like to start a hobby of growing indoors , and I wanted to get some general information on indoor gardens she wanted to grow her Tomato plants year round . This Guy says Oh that's not a good Idea the plants would have a hard time because of the lack of good outdoor air . He said in your home in the winter your house is to sealed up and the air they would get is just the bad air we breath out . I was like OMG , I think my grandson knows better then that, plants thrive on that air .. I just smiled and thanked him for his advise . But looking around the place very small by the way it must have had 15 Hidden Cams all the products on the shelf's for sale looked as if they never was moved in months . No posters on the wall and very little products to offer . No meters , Not much of anything and this Guy was Telling me not a good idea to grow indoors ,this is a grow shop for Christ sake .
The next shop was right down town in a industrial area , very large place . I staked it out for 2 weeks while I was on Vacation , never stepped into the place and wrote down all the cars that came and went . and everyone that did go in all looked like stoners to me . And then one Day I see the owner come to work in the morning as normal , but this time this guy pulled in the back and sparks up a joint . I'm High on the hill and have a great view of the store and I have my spy glasses on / Telescope I see every thing in detail .
Well that was it I told the wiffey this is the place . So I got some disguise, Long hair wig, Top of the line and beard , Dark shades from the 70s and fake tat on my arm . I work with a guy from the UK for over 15 years so I have the accent down to a tee . I sound just like him .. I know crazy huh .well that's my wife for you . So anyway this place was great ,everything a guy could ask for and more . I did not talk to anyone I just got what I needed and got out and drove away in a Rented Home Depot truck , I even have fake ID Fake insurance papers , that's all you need to rent a truck for a day at the depot .
Well enough about that, now we have you Great people to ask our questions . I did post some photos of our grow problems and posted in the other room for the questions . please check them out .
Thanks again

You guys are totally rockin the Mag!!! :theband: :yahoo::goof:

Yea, I totally get how refreshing it must be for you guys to finally have a place to safely share your thoughts and experiences about 420 with other like minded people in a world that is totally against you elsewhere. It's like OMG, I finally get to talk to someone about my grow and pick their brain about how to overcome problems without having to be face to face with someone who might either bust me or rip me off! I remember that feeling well and it's like a thousand pounds off your shoulders I know...I am so glad you guys found us, I can tell y'all are going to be regular fixtures around here.

Maybe one day we can get y'all involved in the activism side of things to help change the laws so none of us will have to worry about it anymore, then this site can just be all about helping people learn how to grow exceptional herb in a world that lets us do it freely...That's my dream anyway.

:Namaste:

Woohooo !! I think I did it .. Pic in profile . This is a doddle I did of My wife the Bud in her hand is real It was our first Grow , just some bag seeds But came out very well :thumb:.. We both are in our 50's But she looks like 18 and still get carded when we go to the city for dinner and drinks . My Daughter looks like her twin sister . I think with us smoking weed 75% of our lives it has stunted our growth.
Thanks again every one this site ROCKS !! we have to pinch our self's to let us know this is not a dream . We thought we were on our own doing the grow thingy and by the way this is just for Our personal use . Like I said we live in a small town call it mayberry rfd
So its not like I can drive down to my local Grow store and ask a lot of questions . The nearest Store is over 150 Miles away . Just to give you an Idea Cindy is so paranoid about things she made me stake out the only 2 grow stores in that city for 3 weeks . It was a good thing because the one store on the east side I'm sure its just a sting op .
I went in there one day with suite and tie and said my wife would like to start a hobby of growing indoors , and I wanted to get some general information on indoor gardens she wanted to grow her Tomato plants year round . This Guy says Oh that's not a good Idea the plants would have a hard time because of the lack of good outdoor air . He said in your home in the winter your house is to sealed up and the air they would get is just the bad air we breath out . I was like OMG , I think my grandson knows better then that, plants thrive on that air .. I just smiled and thanked him for his advise . But looking around the place very small by the way it must have had 15 Hidden Cams all the products on the shelf's for sale looked as if they never was moved in months . No posters on the wall and very little products to offer . No meters , Not much of anything and this Guy was Telling me not a good idea to grow indoors ,this is a grow shop for Christ sake .
The next shop was right down town in a industrial area , very large place . I staked it out for 2 weeks while I was on Vacation , never stepped into the place and wrote down all the cars that came and went . and everyone that did go in all looked like stoners to me . And then one Day I see the owner come to work in the morning as normal , but this time this guy pulled in the back and sparks up a joint . I'm High on the hill and have a great view of the store and I have my spy glasses on / Telescope I see every thing in detail .
Well that was it I told the wiffey this is the place . So I got some disguise, Long hair wig, Top of the line and beard , Dark shades from the 70s and fake tat on my arm . I work with a guy from the UK for over 15 years so I have the accent down to a tee . I sound just like him .. I know crazy huh .well that's my wife for you . So anyway this place was great ,everything a guy could ask for and more . I did not talk to anyone I just got what I needed and got out and drove away in a Rented Home Depot truck , I even have fake ID Fake insurance papers , that's all you need to rent a truck for a day at the depot .
Well enough about that, now we have you Great people to ask our questions . I did post some photos of our grow problems and posted in the other room for the questions . please check them out .
Thanks again

That's an outrageously funny post! :rofl:

Your wife sounds like my husband; mega paranoid and with a penchant for the theatrical and dramatic.

Welcome to 420mag, it's great to see another husband wife team - makes things so much better when one has got a partner in crime/fun.

Look forward to following your grow.

Back
Top Bottom