THsea's Outrageous & Just Plain Cheesy Grow

LST362.jpg

Here is LST!

Oh thanks THsea, that looks like fun to try, on of the videos I have on my blog starts to show that I think, but they the guy got sick, or the laws changed in Canada, and he couldn't finish, what I liked was the massive big pot the guy was using, it was about a yard across, and that was the guy that laid the plant on the 45 degree angle rather than tieing it down for the 1st 2 times.

sigh, so many things to try, I'll have to watch you do it and wish I could :)

Thank you OMM that makes sense, will be interesting to watch for sure.

Hi USD, My next grow in a month or so.....I will probably do a little video on both topping and FIMing. I'll talk my through it.

I did a White Widow a few years ago.... LSTed around the whole pot. Was something to see.....Jo had a bad day and stomped it into oblivion. Maybe she wont do it again. I hope!:Namaste:

A video would be awesome, you seem to be a real grower, pity you couldn't make a series of videos, or have you already got a youtube channel.
To you ever grow cuttings or just from seed's?

I would like to see how you do cuttings, so people seem all mystic and extremely hard, of course they are they same people that calling it cloning, cloning indeed, when I first heard you cloned MJ I thought they grew a few plant cells in a petre dish, using a microscope, in a lab, making thousands of plants from bit of a leaf or branch, like we did in the research lab when I was a teen.

First time i saw it done, I said that's not cloning, that's a normal old bloody cutting. Was most disappointed. lol

If I ever got some seeds, after I got a stock for making into cream, I'd like to experiment with so many things, I think I'd have to let the first plants go to seed, just so I could grow enough plants to have a good old play...

About Jo, does know what that is, but glad I don't have one living here, its bad enough when you do something to hurt your girl yourself, but something else doing it, is just a crime.

Hi USD, My next grow in a month or so.....I will probably do a little video on both topping and FIMing. I'll talk my through it.

I did a White Widow a few years ago.... LSTed around the whole pot. Was something to see.....Jo had a bad day and stomped it into oblivion. Maybe she wont do it again. I hope!:Namaste:

A video would be awesome, you seem to be a real grower, pity you couldn't make a series of videos, or have you already got a youtube channel.
To you ever grow cuttings or just from seed's?

I would like to see how you do cuttings, so people seem all mystic and extremely hard, of course they are they same people that calling it cloning, cloning indeed, when I first heard you cloned MJ I thought they grew a few plant cells in a petre dish, using a microscope, in a lab, making thousands of plants from bit of a leaf or branch, like we did in the research lab when I was a teen.

First time i saw it done, I said that's not cloning, that's a normal old bloody cutting. Was most disappointed. lol

If I ever got some seeds, after I got a stock for making into cream, I'd like to experiment with so many things, I think I'd have to let the first plants go to seed, just so I could grow enough plants to have a good old play...

About Jo, does know what that is, but glad I don't have one living here, its bad enough when you do something to hurt your girl yourself, but something else doing it, is just a crime.

USD...no I don't have any videos all ready to go.

The person who's journal we are in...THsea, usually helps me with the videos. I do the the work and he takes the videos. I usually try to look at each journal I do to be based on showing any new growers how to do things for themselves. I try never to forget the new folks who have never done a grow at all. I was there once and I didn't know up from down.
I try to document what I do and why. I don't take cutting usually, if a friend wants one I'm glad to do it for them. I have 2 cuttings from a friend that will be in my next grow. When I first started, I bought a ton of seeds. I'm still trying to grow them all.

I like you're idea of a petri dish full of cells.....maybe some day.:cheer: I'm not too much into experimenting on things......I seem to be busy enough as it is. 20 years ago. I would probably be doing all sorts of things. Not now...have to stay with what I can do.

Jo once was pretty crazy about me growing at all. She still doesn't like it, but she has mellowed out. Thank goodness. I was so proud of that White Widow.

Being an old fart, I don't like changes in 420. I still have to learn how to post pictures the new way. Guess I better get with it. Well, that's enough posting in THsea's journal. See you soon.

Hi Ya THsea looking at your pic on the last page and OMM's illustrations, using (what looks like) long pipe cleaners ....this is a take off of a scrog method . Is that right ?

Hi Ya THsea looking at your pic on the last page and OMM's illustrations, using (what looks like) long pipe cleaners ....this is a take off of a scrog method . Is that right ?

High Clayhead. :high-five:

Actually, we are looking down at a pot. We are bending over the stem very carefully and tying it down. Low Stress Training or LST. We are training our plant to go around the rim of the pot. The numbers represent how many tops we will end up with. Cool eh? :thumb:

Ahhh Yes ! Thanks OMM ! Thanks for taking the time to explain , now that I've gone back I see it ! Sometimes us old farts need a little tutoring!So You are creating a Bush ! Speaking of bushes, keep writting your story (Opps did I say that out loud) :laughtwo:

THsea,

What's up?

REPLY TO OMM, USD, AND BREWLOC
Seems like you all got it sorted out about the various techniques... I'm not using pipe cleaners to train my 2046, infact... I've really been strategically super-cropping for the same effect. We have had hellacious winds, and stem strength may be a factor.
Thanks for the pictures OMM, it seems like you post them in every journal you end up in :laugh:

Ahhh Yes ! Thanks OMM ! Thanks for taking the time to explain , now that I've gone back I see it ! Sometimes us old farts need a little tutoring!So You are creating a Bush ! Speaking of bushes, keep writting your story (Opps did I say that out loud) :laughtwo:
Yo Clayhead, yep... Bushing, with LST or super-cropping you don't have to destroy that top/main cola... However, some plants will have larger cola's from FIM/ topping... I believe GoldenGoose7 did a side by side with... Either BBKush or GDP, two identical cuttings.. One topped, the other not... Topped one had two cola's bigger than the one untouched.

I always figured it would give smaller, yet more even bud size... Then again, nothings ever solid. Trial and error, find what you like to grow and figure out what it likes... Grow the shit out of it. :thumb:

THsea,

What's up?

Not much. Feeling a bit nuts, but I kind of am... One of my meds makes me feel more that way than anything... And it is always tempting, its like feeling drunk... But crazier. I've sworn it off many times... I'm young. As much credit as OMM gives me, I make many stupid decisions. Maybe not as dumb as many of my peers.. That still doesn't really make it excusable. I'm not posting intoxicated, I waited for it to leave my system. Thats why I've been gone.

Cannabis is the best medicine. And when I try to supplement with pharmaceuticals it only back-fires. Be it physical or psychological.

This year will be a busy year, with no time to fool around. Es hora de aprender español!

Hey guys, gonna do a picture update tonight... The LA Cheese has exploded in growth, despite nearly being decimated by the winds... She is staked now... I keep thinking "take a cutting"... But I won't most likely. I like this idea of the Frisian run.

BTW, the only pictures will be the two outdoor girls... LA & Afghan.. Affie is cloudy, the flowers are small and dense... Smells incredible! She will be ready by the end of the month I'm sure.

The rest of the "Cheese" look fairly ragged.. Repotted the Dinafem and BB Cheese today into 5 gallons.. They will go out next week, then everything else goes into 5 gallons... Right on schedule :) Love it when a plan comes together.

Exodus' are outperforming the Cheese, but LA is the queen. Thats about all I can say about the plants... Pictures up after I eat dinner.

Not much. Feeling a bit nuts, but I kind of am... One of my meds makes me feel more that way than anything... And it is always tempting, its like feeling drunk... But crazier. I've sworn it off many times... I'm young. As much credit as OMM gives me, I make many stupid decisions. Maybe not as dumb as many of my peers.. That still doesn't really make it excusable. I'm not posting intoxicated, I waited for it to leave my system. Thats why I've been gone.

Cannabis is the best medicine. And when I try to supplement with pharmaceuticals it only back-fires. Be it physical or psychological.

This year will be a busy year, with no time to fool around. Es hora de aprender español!

THsea

Oh the stories of a young stupid sailor I could tell... don't beat yourself up. You are gonna make me tell a story if you keep it up. It involved 24 hours of no sleep in Spain, hash, wine, a crazy lady, police, machine guns, jail, rescue, Master Chief and one of the first piss tests ever taken in the entire Navy :cheesygrinsmiley:... Dude you got nothing on stupid!!!

I am glad to hear though that your head is clearer now and you are back with us! I know hind sight is 20/20 that is why you will make less and less "stupid decisions" trust me on this

Hey guys, gonna do a picture update tonight... The LA Cheese has exploded in growth, despite nearly being decimated by the winds... She is staked now... I keep thinking "take a cutting"... But I won't most likely. I like this idea of the Frisian run.

BTW, the only pictures will be the two outdoor girls... LA & Afghan.. Affie is cloudy, the flowers are small and dense... Smells incredible! She will be ready by the end of the month I'm sure.

The rest of the "Cheese" look fairly ragged.. Repotted the Dinafem and BB Cheese today into 5 gallons.. They will go out next week, then everything else goes into 5 gallons... Right on schedule :) Love it when a plan comes together.

Exodus' are outperforming the Cheese, but LA is the queen. Thats about all I can say about the plants... Pictures up after I eat dinner.

Looking forward to it.

:popcorn: Sorry THSea, I somehow missed this thread! Can't wait to get caught up...

USD - I think what you are referring to is "tissue culture". A good book on the subject is "Plants from Test Tubes: An introduction to micropropagation" by Lydiane Kyte. Should be available on Am@zon, etc. Great book!

That is one long dinner :cheesygrinsmiley:

USD... Now its a competition :) Ill have to hear your story... So i know what Im up against. OMM already set a high bar.

XL!!! Welcome brother! Man, thanks for the recommendation! Any other good book choices? Botany/growing mainly... But whatever you think would give a little enlightenment :)

Buckshot... Yea, looooong dinner! Ive been dragging. Gonna be working a bit more... Blah. Get it together THsea!

The Afghan is turning purple. Soooo gorgeous! I wish it were bigger, but... This next round is.
If i can figure it out I'll post the pictures from the other day. Just put out... The Dinafem Cheese. 2046 is taking up the tent.

Buckshot... Yea, looooong dinner! Ive been dragging. Gonna be working a bit more... Blah. Get it together THsea!

The Afghan is turning purple. Soooo gorgeous!

:cheesygrinsmiley: No need to totally get your shit in order but you better get us a pic of that girl soon!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

:cheesygrinsmiley: No need to totally get your shit in order but you better get us a pic of that girl soon!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well Sir, I'm back from work... Uploading pictures I took today right now... After that I'll upload the pictures from the 6th... I'll update chronologically on this thread however.

Back
Top Bottom