THsea's Outrageous & Just Plain Cheesy Grow

THsea, thank you for the welcome
I was interested to read about you building up the dirt around stem to get more roots, have you done this before? Don't suppose you have photos of the results?
I thought about doing this, I have done it with tomatoes, just because they were too lanky, and it worked a treat.
'bout the 2oz plant I have wondered if I could start a blog, just talking and pictures about my experience so far, I have learned so much, in just 1 1/2 grows, I had aa stroke mid second grow, so things for me came to a screaming halt :( ( about 18 months ago now), is that allowed, or do blog have to be for current grows.

I was interested to read about you building up the dirt around stem to get more roots, have you done this before? Don't suppose you have photos of the results?
I thought about doing this, I have done it with tomatoes, just because they were too lanky, and it worked a treat.
'bout the 2oz plant I have wondered if I could start a blog, just talking and pictures about my experience so far, I have learned so much, in just 1 1/2 grows, I had aa stroke mid second grow, so things for me came to a screaming halt :( ( about 18 months ago now), is that allowed, or do blog have to be for current grows.

Hi up side down.:thumb:

I will answer your question, since I taught THsea about placing more soil around a plant that shoots right up. It without doubt causes more roots to form on the stem. Truthfully it would mess up the roots that have formed if you uncovered them to take a picture of the new roots. Guess you'll just have to accept it as truth.

It does work. :high-five:

Part 2 of your question: A Blog would be a great place to show your experiences so far in growing. It could help others to see what you have done.

Sorry sorry you had a stroke. An awful thing to happen to you. Glad your back growing again. That tells me allot about you as a person. Good for you my new friend. :thumb:

Hi up side down.:thumb:

I will answer your question, since I taught THsea about placing more soil around a plant that shoots right up. It without doubt causes more roots to form on the stem. Truthfully it would mess up the roots that have formed if you uncovered them to take a picture of the new roots. Guess you'll just have to accept it as truth.

It does work. :high-five:

OldMedMan Yeah, guess it would, I was thinking about a photo after harvest, but that's ok, I can accept it is true. I'm just a very curios type and love pictures.
And thanks about the blog, I have tried to start a couple, I need to be able to delete posts, or move them around. Will see what happens.

OldMedMan Yeah, guess it would, I was thinking about a photo after harvest, but that's ok, I can accept it is true. I'm just a very curios type and love pictures.
And thanks about the blog, I have tried to start a couple, I need to be able to delete posts, or move them around. Will see what happens.

Good luck with your blog. I created a blog for all the stories I tell about when I was a bad boy and a wheeler dealer when I was in Greece years ago. I was a bit crazy back then. I would be glad to read yours. OMM:thumb:

Good luck with your blog. I created a blog for all the stories I tell about when I was a bad boy and a wheeler dealer when I was in Greece years ago. I was a bit crazy back then. I would be glad to read yours. OMM:thumb:

Hi OMM Ok, I think I have the blog sorted.. well sort of lol... take a look and see what you think.

I have started to read your story, got upto the part, about the cars in Egypt :) Interesting so far. I got lost a couple of times, but still enjoying.

Now I want to find that post about the stem and dirt, I want to copy that to my blog that was interesting.

Hi OMM Ok, I think I have the blog sorted.. well sort of lol... take a look and see what you think.

I have started to read your story, got upto the part, about the cars in Egypt :) Interesting so far. I got lost a couple of times, but still enjoying.

Now I want to find that post about the stem and dirt, I want to copy that to my blog that was interesting.

I've just came from your blog. Very good things you have posted already. You certainly are not new to growing. Thanks for doing your blog. :bravo:

I will answer Buckshot at the end... Its a point of contention between island growers... Which is a pretty secretive group, for obvious reasons. It may be a.. boring answer for some.

I can take a picture of the root development where my soil has fallen off from watering... Certainly!! I hope your able to grow again! And thank you my good friend OMM, for answering the rest of our new friends questions... :).. Pictures of the roots tomorrow, they are sleeping now.

I might be.. abrupt-ishly changing plans. It may be just crazy talk/ thoughts... We shall see. Thats all on that, but if things do change... I'm sure a dear friend will foster my orphans.. ;).. however, I put the LA Cheese out today, it was nearly in the light... Should yield well, roots are already growing through the sides... :yahoo: Some of the smaller cheese are getting yellow leaves.. Just lower ones, doesn't really concern me to much.. They will be good on nutes once they are repotted and given OC+.

I've just came from your blog. Very good things you have posted already. You certainly are not new to growing. Thanks for doing your blog. :bravo:

OMM coming in with the win! Figured I'd just respond to your last post... I've checked out USD's creme recipe... Very cool, we need more innovative ways to use our medicine.

Better growing, and better buds are great... But you can really be so much more efficient with other methods of ingestion besides smoking... I enjoy a smoke, and with buds of unknown growing conditions... I feel its safer than tinctures, but it doesn't compare for my medical issues to it.

What? ... I was sure that island plants were measured in pounds not ounces! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Now for you!! I've read some things that sounded really honest to me... It claimed that for outdoor growers (who grow outdoors from seed) that the yields in most seasons (not our "long" season, which is maybe... idk 13 hours of light?) are more like... A quarter ounce on a plant... Growing small plants like this became popular after all the helicopter shtuff, and the word from MOST old school growers I've heard from is that you expect some of your outdoor crops to be confiscated.. Plain and simple.

Some people claim otherwise, and I'm sure with certain equatorial/ tropical sativa's this is true... I'll show you my FIM'ed and nearly outdoor from seed Afghan Kush.. Exactly what I thought, it may get over a quarter... But not much more... But it looks fine, and everything I've ever seen grown here outdoors... Looks fine.

So for older strains... Like the 1970 Kauai Electric.. The story goes it was grown indoors... Even the guy I received what I do believe to be authentic KE (both 1970 stock and modern stock)... They didn't have anything to add on its origins, they are just local and got it from what they had bought and saved it, labeled.

Now... I have a first hand account for the true Maui Wowie, obviously I don't remember names (which is convienient as I would not mention them anyway :grinjoint: ).. But my father worked with a guy who was from the family that grew it, and actually went to the site on Maui... My father was never a smoker, he had tried it in Vietnam once upon a time and was unimpressed. Mind you, being in a war is a buzz kill...

From what I recall, he said the Maui Wowie was pretty big. Not as big as the plants in Vietnam, but good sized... The growers never made a name for it, they were simply try to grow fine :yummy:... I was told the major customer/ buyer is really who made the name... And as it sounded more like a "work in progress"... So who knows? I don't remember if they were vegged inside, but I... Well, being acclimated, maybe it was a hybrid leaning in large yielding sativa? We can only speculate... Unless some real old timers from the islands decide to join us. But I'm weary of Internet people...

I have a strong feeling for those of us here growing indica's or most hybrids... you veg indoors or grow many plants. I could be wrong, but this has been what I've seen as a grower coupled with talking to serious/ quality growers.

I'd like to add this too... This is a huge, huge business here. These buds never see other shores usually, and are priced at what most would say is outrageous, and maybe it is... But growers spread misinformation. I believe this is a tactic to essentially prevent competition... I talk to everyone I know who smokes about all they've heard... You wouldn't believe the nonsense some locals spit out, things that will kill or seriously effect your plant negatively... Unless its like a super-plant.

Especially from dealers... They lie to dealers the most.. For real, people are careful here... If your a greedy dealer.. They I've heard the craziest of BS from... When you actually meet growers and such, and they know you are good people.. You hear what sounds like real/ normal growing.. Just my thoughts.

BTW, I likely won't be heavily on the forums for a bit. I'll do a little picture update (time willing tomorrow) for USD... But hopefully I'll be busy. Nothing bad, things are actually... Quite great :) so don't worry! Everyone enjoy their holidays! Aloha.

THsea & Buckshot, I guess we now know where that saying, The grass is always greener, came from in more ways that one :)

I enjoy a smoke, and with buds of unknown growing conditions... I feel its safer than tinctures, but it doesn't compare for my medical issues to it
I'm not as sure that cream is safer or better than tincture for MMJ of unknown origins. At least if you swallow something its got to get through the stomach, before it works, with rubbing it into skin, it absorbs immediately, after making cream with mj just brought off the street, and applying the cream I have been in worse pain than I was in, someone I know traced back to grower, and yes he had using insecticide and then harvested early.
I've had massive exposure to 2,4,5-T or Agent Orange as a teenager from working an a farm, and am highly sensitive to any chemicals now.
That's the main reason, I'm willing to grow now, knowing I could be jailed, so I know I will have true MMJ, I'd rather trash my plants than put anything on, I haven't made myself.

Cheers USD

I will answer Buckshot at the end... Its a point of contention between island growers... Which is a pretty secretive group, for obvious reasons. It may be a.. boring answer for some.

Now for you!!

THsea

Thank You! ... I did not mean to hit the bees nest with a stick! I was just fool'in around.

Very interesting though. I have some similar stories in my quest to find local "skunk weed". Reality is the genetics are most likely lost or far underground. I do know how it was developed. Back in the day many moons ago I became fiends with a road boss of an infamous motorcycle group (not H A) I was “from away” and in the service so I was a curiosity to him. He has passed but the group is strong so I will be vague. One of the things he did was collect seeds... many pounds of them. This seed stock was the next crop. The crop was culled by the short season, eventually a strain that favored the climate rose to the top like cream and it was “skunk weed”. In the fall you could smell some of the fields as you drove (most folks thought they were actually smelling a skunk) This was many years before they started using helicopters and the P3's to find “blueberries”. Since then everything has changed, my friend passed away (from natural causes) years ago and most commercial growing has gone out of sight...and smell. Some day Our Lady of Cannabis will hear my plea and come through. Did you manage to get any genetics?

THsea & Buckshot, I guess we now know where that saying, The grass is always greener, came from in more ways that one :)

I'm not as sure that cream is safer or better than tincture for MMJ of unknown origins. At least if you swallow something its got to get through the stomach, before it works, with rubbing it into skin, it absorbs immediately, after making cream with mj just brought off the street, and applying the cream I have been in worse pain than I was in, someone I know traced back to grower, and yes he had using insecticide and then harvested early.
I've had massive exposure to 2,4,5-T or Agent Orange as a teenager from working an a farm, and am highly sensitive to any chemicals now.
That's the main reason, I'm willing to grow now, knowing I could be jailed, so I know I will have true MMJ, I'd rather trash my plants than put anything on, I haven't made myself.

Cheers USD

Misunderstanding!! I meant to say that with buds that I haven't grown... I feel uncomfortable making my tinctures... I'd rather use my own cannabis, that I know is clean from chemicals and who knows what!

My tinctures are certainly more... Concentrated than your creme, but its for very very different things... Whats important is we find safe ways to medicate that work for us! I'm very glad you have found a thing that works for you :).

THsea

Thank You! ... I did not mean to hit the bees nest with a stick! I was just fool'in around.

Very interesting though. I have some similar stories in my quest to find local "skunk weed". Reality is the genetics are most likely lost or far underground. I do know how it was developed. Back in the day many moons ago I became fiends with a road boss of an infamous motorcycle group (not H A) I was “from away” and in the service so I was a curiosity to him. He has passed but the group is strong so I will be vague. One of the things he did was collect seeds... many pounds of them. This seed stock was the next crop. The crop was culled by the short season, eventually a strain that favored the climate rose to the top like cream and it was “skunk weed”. In the fall you could smell some of the fields as you drove (most folks thought they were actually smelling a skunk) This was many years before they started using helicopters and the P3's to find “blueberries”. Since then everything has changed, my friend passed away (from natural causes) years ago and most commercial growing has gone out of sight...and smell. Some day Our Lady of Cannabis will hear my plea and come through. Did you manage to get any genetics?

Its fine, honestly I kept most of the bee's inside.. If OMM said that inperson he would know hes in for a good half hour discussion :laugh:

All the local genetics I have are Kauai Electric... thats a modern stock and a 1970's (original) version... The original is supposed to be a pure sativa, adjusted to indoor growing... The modern one, I would put large stock that it is a hybrid... Most things are hybridized here, Kona Gold (from what I've heard) was a Thai x Afghan cross... Maui Wowie was certainly a hybrid.

Oahu Plumeria is a pure Sativa I think (could just be heavily leaning, but I don't think so).. Indica leaning stuff tends to be more rare, I do remember some buds called Banana Bud and Banana Patch that were from the Big Island, I think those were indica... Or its effects were!

Then again, that was when I started going from just "buds".. To fine quality and strain names... Everything may have felt narcotic then!

Its fine, honestly I kept most of the bee's inside.. If OMM said that inperson he would know hes in for a good half hour discussion :laugh:

All the local genetics I have are Kauai Electric... thats a modern stock and a 1970's (original) version... The original is supposed to be a pure sativa, adjusted to indoor growing... The modern one, I would put large stock that it is a hybrid... Most things are hybridized here, Kona Gold (from what I've heard) was a Thai x Afghan cross... Maui Wowie was certainly a hybrid.

Oahu Plumeria is a pure Sativa I think (could just be heavily leaning, but I don't think so).. Indica leaning stuff tends to be more rare, I do remember some buds called Banana Bud and Banana Patch that were from the Big Island, I think those were indica... Or its effects were!

Then again, that was when I started going from just "buds".. To fine quality and strain names... Everything may have felt narcotic then!

Cool! I would love to listen for as long as you wanted to talk!

THsea is pretty amazing isn't he Buckshot?:bravo:

Today he was here cleaning and repairing his best friend's solid silver flute and then playing it. She is a very beautiful friend too.

He was offered a very good job from a master flute maker. THsea is a master himself.
:allgood:

My tinctures are certainly more... Concentrated than your creme, but its for very very different things... Whats important is we find safe ways to medicate that work for us! I'm very glad you have found a thing that works for you :).
Is your tincture alcohol or glycerine/oil based.?
If you are ever in the mood to try something different, and it is glycerine/oil based, just pop 1 eyedropper full into say 2 tablespoons of coconut give it a stir and spread some on a pain place is or soft skin of belly or underarms. It workd usually before it's rubbed in properly, so you'll know if its something you could use for something. I have several those tiny pop-top bottles you buy hash from dispensaries, I brought them back from the states, I have about 1 teaspoonful in each pop-top, and they are left close to places I usually sit or lay, so if i kick my toe or whatever I just grab the closest bottle and pop a tint bit on... you prolly know what coconut oil is like to spreadon skin, a tiny bit goes a mile.

Cheers USD

Today he was here cleaning and repairing his best friend's solid silver flute and then playing it. She is a very beautiful friend too.

He was offered a very good job from a master flute maker. THsea is a master himself.

That is very cool. As a lad I played the clarinet but never went anywhere with it. Several of my friends still make some extra cake playing out. The first time I really saw someone abuse the flute to a point I really dug it was Ian Anderson playing with Jethro Tull at the Shea Stadium. It freaking blew my mind to watch him sing play his instrument (of course I had a bit of help :cheesygrinsmiley:) I just looked at his pic... he sure is full of himself. You can tell him that for me Thsea! :cheesygrinsmiley: I was big into the concert scene for a while and still go to a few select shows. I just had front stage tickets to Zappa plays Zappa... Dweezil is awesome and his band is tight... OK now I am just rambling

I gotta go move snow :cheesygrinsmiley:

Last concert I saw was Ozzy. I too had a bit of help. I went two nights in a row. Oh! Yeah!
The big guys don't come here any more. They don't make any money. Although Michael Jackson sold out Aloha Stadium. Of course he did that every where.
:high-five:

In the old days Elton John came here many times...he loves Hawaii. :ganjamon:

Cool! I would love to listen for as long as you wanted to talk!
Same here buddy :high-five:

Yep! Ive got a few very solid friends.

Im okay at a little repair work... I don't think master is appropriate for my skill level, but you said it not me!:thanks:
I was offered help for some decent jobs... The first was in Texas, repairing/ quality controlling some Japanese brand of flute as they are imported... But Texas? No offense Texans, but no thank you!.. besides, Boston or New York would be the best places to make flutes... Boston would have been my choice..

Alas! Another lifetime ago! (Can you say that at 25?) ;)

Is your tincture alcohol or glycerine/oil based.?
If you are ever in the mood to try something different, and it is glycerine/oil based, just pop 1 eyedropper full into say 2 tablespoons of coconut give it a stir and spread some on a pain place is or soft skin of belly or underarms. It workd usually before it's rubbed in properly, so you'll know if its something you could use for something. I have several those tiny pop-top bottles you buy hash from dispensaries, I brought them back from the states, I have about 1 teaspoonful in each pop-top, and they are left close to places I usually sit or lay, so if i kick my toe or whatever I just grab the closest bottle and pop a tint bit on... you prolly know what coconut oil is like to spreadon skin, a tiny bit goes a mile.

Cheers USD
Alcohol, I use 190 proof. If you evaporate all of it your left with oil. But its a bit pricey, most people would use other solvents to durrive oil.. i keep mine as tinctures.

That is very cool. As a lad I played the clarinet but never went anywhere with it. Several of my friends still make some extra cake playing out. The first time I really saw someone abuse the flute to a point I really dug it was Ian Anderson playing with Jethro Tull at the Shea Stadium. It freaking blew my mind to watch him sing play his instrument (of course I had a bit of help :cheesygrinsmiley:) I just looked at his pic... he sure is full of himself. You can tell him that for me Thsea! :cheesygrinsmiley: I was big into the concert scene for a while and still go to a few select shows. I just had front stage tickets to Zappa plays Zappa... Dweezil is awesome and his band is tight... OK now I am just rambling

I gotta go move snow :cheesygrinsmiley:
Neat! I started listening to Tull after a few years of playing the flute... Hes very... Interesting sounding.

Interestingly enough, im not super into concert scenes or whatever... My good friend took me to a comedy show last night.. i should get out more but.. eh, there arent many people i like going "out" with. Truth be told Buckshot, im kind of a prick.

Last concert I saw was Ozzy. I too had a bit of help. I went two nights in a row. Oh! Yeah!
The big guys don't come here any more. They don't make any money. Although Michael Jackson sold out Aloha Stadium. Of course he did that every where.
:high-five:

In the old days Elton John came here many times...he loves Hawaii. :ganjamon:

Why does your last show being Ozzy not shock me? Lol, your a crazy guy OMM.

We get musicals here on occasion... Thats more my thing.

Back
Top Bottom