THsea's Outrageous & Just Plain Cheesy Grow

Thsea, I planted corn for the first time and it was beautiful I'm mean I really babied it. But...., I planted it too close together and one day
we had a tiny little thunder storm that produced 5 drops of rain and one big gust of wind that folded my corn over in one big pile. There were only 4 stalks that survived good thing I had just medicated when it happened. I just laughed it off and a few weeks later we enjoyed
our 8 ears of corn. I should of read up on vegetable growing, just like I should of read up on cannabis growing to start with lol!:peace:

:high-five: haha, aren't we all a bit medicated? I'm having a medi-shake right now... Threw some medicated butter into a chocolate protein smoothie... :) Should keep my leg from hurting while standing at work today.

Now.. This 2046 plant, its all sativa baby! A sativa hybrid, meaning it isn't a landrace... Its a "pure" haze supposedly, so a mix of Mexican, Colombian, Thai, and.. Indian Sativas? I think I've got that right... Its supposed to take around 105 to 120 days... But hey, if you've ever had a killer batch of Haze... Thats what I'm talkin' about... Luckily none of the cheese really go past 70 normally :)

While I like things like Arjan's Strawberry Haze.. It really doesn't seem like a haze to me, in effect. It really felt more like the more mild Hawaiian Sativa's... Lovely taste, but not hard hitting like I expect of hazes... OMM knows I'd love to do a Strawberry grow and just run Strawberry Cough and Arjan's Strawberry Haze... Erdbeer (i think) if I can find it... :) But I've got lots of other seeds to collect now.. And I wouldn't be getting around to it for a long time..

The next grow will be a project kind of thing... I might throw in a few fem seeds as I'm running selected mothers to make seeds... I don't know. Maybe not, blah...

Winds have been hellacious, but my cannabis plants don't care! SSSDH is getting... kind of close I think. My corn is getting wrecked however...

Your enthusiasm with Sativa make me wanna try, to be honest, never gave them much of a thought, because of the long flowering times. But I hear over and over how great the smoke is :)
Gonna b great following along and 2 learn something new :high-five:
Heard great things about Strawberry Cough, thought it where Indica tho?
How's the corn doing by now?
:Namaste:

Thsea, I planted corn for the first time and it was beautiful I'm mean I really babied it. But...., I planted it too close together and one day
we had a tiny little thunder storm that produced 5 drops of rain and one big gust of wind that folded my corn over in one big pile. There were only 4 stalks that survived good thing I had just medicated when it happened. I just laughed it off and a few weeks later we enjoyed
our 8 ears of corn. I should of read up on vegetable growing, just like I should of read up on cannabis growing to start with lol!:peace:
( yea man! Corn looks really pretty! I love Silver Queen, the slight red in the leaves and stalk are lovely!... I've got a variety developed here, it grows more robust. Idk, whatever tastes better will be in the garden.. Not sure if either will make it really.

Experience is a great teacher ;) I read tons, worked with OMM... Still doing mediocre with my weed!! I figure in a few years I'll have some serious buds. ) X 2

Your enthusiasm with Sativa make me wanna try, to be honest, never gave them much of a thought, because of the long flowering times. But I hear over and over how great the smoke is :)
Gonna b great following along and 2 learn something new :high-five:
Heard great things about Strawberry Cough, thought it where Indica tho?
How's the corn doing by now?
:Namaste:
Strawberry Cough is mostly sativa actually... Erdbeer, and Strawberry Fields are indica varieties I think.

Sativas are lovely, especially if you and run them long outside... I love indica, but will pick certain sativa's over everything... Any day. They are strong enough to put you down... One bowl for energy, two to go sleep... Oh yea!

Mainly just Plumeria. I kind of think waiting longer tends to yield something special... Not always true, but the best examples of sativa's are more notable in a lot of ways than indicas... This may just be opinion, but whatever :)

Edit! A lot of sativa's won't put you down, regardless of how much you smoke! Which is neat in itself, but certain special sativa's are like I described.

All this corn talk reminds me I have to read... I am starting a garden in the spring

All this corn talk reminds me I have to read... I am starting a garden in the spring

Oh yea! One thing I can tell you, don't grow corn in containers! Well, you could start them, but why bother?

Just took a few pictures... I think I'll start repotting over the weekend, so I will hold the OC+ til then... But pictures up after I eat some dinner... Medicated-cheese sandwich ... :) the butter is so-so IMO Mr.OMM! But it's fine for general comfort. I have an edible before bed and wake up with much less nausea... Alright! :high-five:

Hey guys! Now that was the best sammich I've had in a long time :)
Starting to feel the effects already! Woohoo!

Well, here are the pictures... First is with the lights on, then with the camera's flash and the LED's out...
DSCN01757.JPG

DSCN01777.JPG

DSCN01789.JPG

And heres a look at protruding roots!
DSCN01799.JPG

If you are wondering about he order... it is still the same.. Back row LA Cheese, Exodus 1 and 2... Front row is Dinafem Cheese, Buddha Cheese, and 2046 (going left to right of course!)...

Since I'm seeing roots I figure they would appreciate a repotting... I may hold off on the smaller plants... But will probably change the LA and.. Eh, maybe the Buddha and Dinafem ones... Save the two Exodus and 2046 for in a few weeks.. Looks like FIM'ing will take place after the potting :thumb:

Its getting exciting :) The sooner I can supply myself the better! I figure... None of these girls will go into flower this year. I'm not counting on it anyway... At least there are all these quick Cheese plants ;) I really don't see the 2046 going out before February... Maybe even the end of.. Actually, that would work out perfect for when the OC+ loses its steam... Lining up the harvest and such..

Edit: forgot, watering today! I'm out of Molasses so it will just be Kelp and a good dose of... Whats it?... Superthrive, that stuff!

Looking nice and healthy my Friend. Surprised by the roots showing through already...they be a growing fast. This is going to be the one that stocks you up with a good stash! my friend. :bravo:

Man, I'm hoping!!

I've been trying to decide if I want to LST the 2046... I'm really tempted to not FIM it or anything... But i may have to do one or the other... Well, maybe not.. Since my tent is really two shelves put together, and the shelving can move... :thumb: I can do a split level tent I suppose... Eventually the tent should just be the 2046 and the next Afghani grow...

And their off. I love them smart pots. They even clean up for 2 or 3 grows before they trash. GL with the cheese's. I got one myself going, from Greenhouse. I'll peek back soon Keepem Green

Molto bene, mio ​​amico!
Grazie mille, amico mio!
(hopefully Jandre doesn't see my other tab, with google translator open!) :)

And their off. I love them smart pots. They even clean up for 2 or 3 grows before they trash. GL with the cheese's. I got one myself going, from Greenhouse. I'll peek back soon Keepem Green
Woohoo! You know what? The guys are the hydro store all told me I should be vegging in regular 1 gallons, as these are difficult to repot from...

Not my experience! It really just kind of peeled off. I'll have to wash it vigorously to get all the roots out, but who cares? A few grows is good for me :) I was expecting to lose the one for the LA Cheese, but that seems to not be the case. I'm really impressed with the smart pots, don't get me wrong.. I like my airpots... But the smartpots are easier, and without all the open holes... They hold moisture better... Just my two-cents.

Hey Norcali! My two Exodus Cheese are from GHS too.. Honestly, all these plants are doing very nicely.. Not like your grows though :circle-of-love:

Just FIM'ed Dinafem, Big Buddha, and LA... Yikes! I know OMM's fingers get itchy when his girls get taller... But I feel like a prick chopping on my babies! :laughtwo:

LA is in a 5gallon.. None of the others are yet... She will be the first out. I can fit 4x 5 gallon pots in my tent (without anything else)... Well, you all will see. I'll post pictures before I goto work. They all have about six nodes before the FIM.. The Exodus will wait behind a bit from the BB and Dina... Since they are less vigorous seeming, they will get extra veg time...

Talking to OMM, I've decided to LST the 2046... Maybe I'll do that to the two Exodus also... Instead of FIMing...

While I love the all natural growth look... Gotta do something to increase yields! So-so side branching + one nice cola just will not do!

LOL! I was wondering if it was translated in your head or in G*0gle's

I wouldn't lie to you buddy. You know what? I was going to send you and Xlr8 a PM... Asking about any pro-tips for taking cuttings in flower... Well, after checking my PM's to make sure I hadn't before :) If you feel like ranting/ talking/ whatever... Feel free to add some tips right in this here journal! ;)

One thing I noticed... The one flowering cutting that I know rooted, and revegged... Was a Matanuska Tundra that OMM was growing... It got infested with mites from some crappy soil I used so it went the way of Ol' Yeller... But it didn't start new growth until I took off the flowers.. It was heavily into flower already.. Probably stands to reason that you should remove them, but no one told me originally! If thats wrong, and happened by coincidence.. Hey, let me know!

Pictures in the next post!

Here they are! :thumb:
with LED
DSCN01808.JPG

Natural lighting
DSCN01827.JPG

Back up!
DSCN01837.JPG

Aerial view? Thats where the sun shines in!
DSCN01867.JPG

Lets look close at LA Cheese's mutilation!
DSCN01877.JPG

Get well soon girl! :love:

Alright, thats all the pictures! Once these crazy winds are gone... I bet the LA will be ready for flower. Probably be supporting her just in case...

Now to talk about smoke... I got some Kush Berry (nice taste, decent stone), OG Kush (great flavor, great initial high), and... What I thought would be ChemDawg.. Was Chemdawg D... Which most people would be excited about, but to me... Hey, you just screwed up some wonderful Chem Dawg with that Diesel garbage! :lot-o-toke:

Man, now if that were the only problem in my life... Which high quality cannabis is the worst... :yahoo: that would be rockin' :theband:

I wouldn't lie to you buddy. You know what? I was going to send you and Xlr8 a PM... Asking about any pro-tips for taking cuttings in flower... Well, after checking my PM's to make sure I hadn't before :) If you feel like ranting/ talking/ whatever... Feel free to add some tips right in this here journal! ;)

One thing I noticed... The one flowering cutting that I know rooted, and revegged... Was a Matanuska Tundra that OMM was growing... It got infested with mites from some crappy soil I used so it went the way of Ol' Yeller... But it didn't start new growth until I took off the flowers.. It was heavily into flower already.. Probably stands to reason that you should remove them, but no one told me originally! If thats wrong, and happened by coincidence.. Hey, let me know!

Pictures in the next post!

ROFL! I was just discussing this over in my journal...It's all very complicated, are you sure you wanna see this?

My rooting technique:

1. Dip Rockwool starter plugs into 5.5 pH water.
  2. Insert prepared cutting.
  3. Place under humidome.
  4. Spray indside of DOME, not plants, daily.
  5. Wait 7-15 days.

I actually got TANGERINE DREAM(one of the hardest sativas to grow) to root and give 2" of root below the plug in 12 days this way. no hormones, no special chemicals, nothing. Tap water+pH down to balance at 5.5. Dip, poke, place, spray, wait.

the one thing special I would do if taking the cuttings in flower is the same I would do for taking cuttings regularly. 1 24" singular 24w HO T5 24/7 12" away from tops.

My thumb and forefinger is twitching looking at where your thumb is. Just bit of a squeeze and you would have more tops......just saying. :thumb:
Hahah! Look closer, between those lil' fan leaves.. All gone! ;) the LA, Dina , and BBuddha were all FIM'ed today... Hope your happy! :) I know I am! Just took a while to get over hurting my babies!

ROFL! I was just discussing this over in my journal...It's all very complicated, are you sure you wanna see this?

My rooting technique:

1. Dip Rockwool starter plugs into 5.5 pH water.
  2. Insert prepared cutting.
  3. Place under humidome.
  4. Spray indside of DOME, not plants, daily.
  5. Wait 7-15 days.

I actually got TANGERINE DREAM(one of the hardest sativas to grow) to root and give 2" of root below the plug in 12 days this way. no hormones, no special chemicals, nothing. Tap water+pH down to balance at 5.5. Dip, poke, place, spray, wait.

the one thing special I would do if taking the cuttings in flower is the same I would do for taking cuttings regularly. 1 24" singular 24w HO T5 24/7 12" away from tops.
Cool! Hm... I've never used a dome to take cuttings. Maybe that will help with flowering ones... Thank you!! Honestly, I should just be a good boy and take cuttings in veg... Lol

I like when people don't use extras :) our plants are very capable, just need the right treatment.
goodluck with the Tangerine Dream! I think I remember people saying those are hard to germinate... But no problem for our Jandre!

Good on you THsea! You are learning...mistreat those girls.:bravo:

Trying! :) using what you learned me.

The girls look great this morning... I might do a watering and take another set of pictures... Hm... Maybe close ups, I did change the order..
Maybe just the 2046... It's such a pretty plant!

Trying! :) using what you learned me.

The girls look great this morning... I might do a watering and take another set of pictures... Hm... Maybe close ups, I did change the order..
Maybe just the 2046... It's such a pretty plant!

They look great THsea!!

Back
Top Bottom