Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

So here's my buds. You cant really see how fluffy they really are from these pictures, but you can kinda see what Im talking about.

PPP Bud
DSC_04321.jpg

Lemon Skunk Bud
Clipboard017.jpg

OG Kush Bud
DSC_0436.jpg

Main Cola of my Great White Shark.... very skinny
DSC_0438.jpg

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Nice fluffy buds !

Are you Lollypopping your plants ?

Or

Do you trim out fan leaves ?

MJ420:peace:

I have not idea what Lollypopping is. Im very curious though.

I dont like the idea of trimming off fan leaves. I usually tuck them out of the way if there blocking a cola. So almost all of my buds were in direct light, except for a few small ones under the canopy.

Nice and sugar coated man!

Thanks a lot. Yeah... they do look nice and sugary. I have another crop due for harvest in 3 more weeks. Im going to dry them differently and see if I can get them a little more compact that way. I also raised my lights just a little so its not over 80 degrees at the canopy. I think heat may have been my problem for the last crop. I had those lights right on top of the buds. The light didnt burn my hand or the plants, but the temps around the canopy had to of been in the 90's.

I have more light (2x 1000 watts) instead of just one. Plus I added CO2, another intake fan and 2 more osilating fans. So there looking good so far. Im going to crank up the nutes here in a few day to try and pack on as much weight as possible in these last few weeks. I went up to 2,200 ppm this last time, but this time Im going to keep it under 1800 ppm and see how they do with that.

Thanks a lot. Yeah... they do look nice and sugary. I have another crop due for harvest in 3 more weeks. Im going to dry them differently and see if I can get them a little more compact that way. I also raised my lights just a little so its not over 80 degrees at the canopy. I think heat may have been my problem for the last crop. I had those lights right on top of the buds. The light didnt burn my hand or the plants, but the temps around the canopy had to of been in the 90's.

I have more light (2x 1000 watts) instead of just one. Plus I added CO2, another intake fan and 2 more osilating fans. So there looking good so far. Im going to crank up the nutes here in a few day to try and pack on as much weight as possible in these last few weeks. I went up to 2,200 ppm this last time, but this time Im going to keep it under 1800 ppm and see how they do with that.

My plants are almost at 7 weeks and I'm letting the ppm go down. Looking at the charts from AN they recommend reducing late in flower to a final week of flush. I know there are people who recommend pushing to the end I'm checking the ppm every day and trying to respond to what my plants are using.

Interestingly they were eating about 50 ppm/day. Then yesterday I changed the res and guess what, they ate 150 ppm over night! I didn't add any more nutes, I want to see how they do tomorrow, but if they eat like they did last night I'm adding more.

You're plants look fine... if anything, I think the only thing you should do is just not worry as much :p Plants will be plants, and expecting perfection is going to be hard when growing things. And I always say, if you want more production out of a plant... just veg it longer! Nothing wrong with a couple extra weeks of vegging to add another oz of product.

BTW how is that FIM going? You're the first person I've seen try it. I just read about it a week ago and was going to try it on a few of the next clones I get.

My plants are almost at 7 weeks and I'm letting the ppm go down. Looking at the charts from AN they recommend reducing late in flower to a final week of flush. I know there are people who recommend pushing to the end I'm checking the ppm every day and trying to respond to what my plants are using.

Interestingly they were eating about 50 ppm/day. Then yesterday I changed the res and guess what, they ate 150 ppm over night! I didn't add any more nutes, I want to see how they do tomorrow, but if they eat like they did last night I'm adding more.

I did notice that before on the AN feed chart. Since I only have about 3.5 weeks to go... I was going to push the PPM up for maybe a week or two. Then for the last week I was going to bring it down to around 500ppm and then pure water for the last 3 days.

You're plants look fine... if anything, I think the only thing you should do is just not worry as much :p Plants will be plants, and expecting perfection is going to be hard when growing things. And I always say, if you want more production out of a plant... just veg it longer! Nothing wrong with a couple extra weeks of vegging to add another oz of product.

BTW how is that FIM going? You're the first person I've seen try it. I just read about it a week ago and was going to try it on a few of the next clones I get.

I FIM'ed one of my outside plants. It was looking good with 4 strong shoots, but I ended up just giving it away to a friend. I have gardeners, so I have to drag my plants inside every week so they dont see them. Right now Im down to one outside plant. Its small but has a nice fat cola. The buds and a lot of leaves are purple too. I have no idea what strain it is, so we'll see how that turns out.

Now that I think about it, I may have FIMed my Church plant. I'll have to check it out and get back to you. My lights are off in my flowering room right now.

This time around I super cropped all of my plants. So far Im getting some good results. I'll definitely be super cropping everything in the future. Big main cola's and it gave the side branches a chance to catch up with mains. So it definitely something that I will continue to do.

I'll be posting some new pictures today of everything.

Oh... and as for the extra Veg time... thats what Im doing this time around. They just hit week 3 of veg and there a little over a foot tall. I'll transfer them to flowering once there 2 - 2.5 feet tall. I transferred the others at a foot and a half.

Here's a single plant that I have outside. I really dont take care of it much. I usually water it with the hose and give it some used res water every now and then. The buds are purple. Not sure if thats because of a nute deficiency, cold weather or just the strain. I got the seeds from a dude that usually has pretty nasty weed. So I really haven't had much interest in taking care of it. But it sure is growing.

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

Outside5.JPG

Close up on the purple calyxes.
Clipboard018.jpg

I'll be posting some pictures of my 3 rooms later today. Got a few more hours before the lights come on. I have about 10 new strains.... somewhere around there.

So here's a quick update of my Seedling/Clone room. Im having a few issues with a couple of my Super Lemon Haze seedlings. Not completely sure whats up with them. I made an adjustment the other day, so Im waiting to see if they start to recover. So here's what I got going on in this room....

Setup....
18 Gallon Tote/Res
Homemade Flood & Drain Table (Holds 18 plants) made from an under-bed tote.
4 - 4ft T8 Tubes (2 cool, 2 warm)
PPM - 150-300
PH - 5.5 - 6.0
General Hydro 3 Part Nutes

DSC_0495.jpg

Got some new seeds sprouted here. Not all of them sprouted because of some crap that I threw in the water that I shouldnt have. I should have just left the water untouched.
From left to right...

Big Bud by Homegrown Fantaseeds
Jack The Ripper by TGA Subcool
Third Dimension by TGA Subcool
Cloud 9 by DinaFem
DSC_0496.jpg

Some Clones and Seedling mixed together.... Starting from the back...

The Church by GreenHouse seed
Sweet Deep Grapefruit by DinaFem
Third Dimension by TGA Subcool
Lemon Skunk by GreenHouse Seed
Unknown Strain that we decided to call Superman
Great White Shark by GreenHouse Seeds
OG Kush, clone from a local collective
Super Lemon Haze by GreenHouse Seeds
DSC_0497.jpg

Here a few clones that I have left over from my last batch. I dont have room for them, but at the same time I dont want to throw them away.
DSC_0499.jpg

I'm too lazy for hydro, I just use soil and some organinc fertilizer for vegging. Good luck with that OG, I am jealous, absolutely my favorite.
First Grow Journal-Mystery Clones

Too lazy for Hydro...?? Huh..?? Lol. Hydro has got to be the easiest way to grow. The only thing you have to worry about is PH and PPM. As long as you keep those 2 things in check your good to go. With soil you have to water them each one by one... then you have to worry about all of the run off. I guess if your growing outside or have a built in drain on the floor indoors then it wouldnt be a big deal. I do like how forgiving soil is. Its harder to mess up your plants with soil. Hydro... if your PH is off just a little for a day.. you'll see it in your plants.

But when it comes to laziness... hydro has got to be ideal for the lazy grower. All you do is stick a meter in your res a few times per week.. put a cap full of this.. maybe a cap full of that... and your good to go for another couple days... maybe longer depending on how stable your PH is.

... And here's my Veg room. Everything is going well in here. I have a few plants that got stunned because I accidentally ripped of a big chunk of root mass while transplanting them. I did that on about 2-3 of them, but there fine and growing now. There a little ways behind the rest, but there not too bad.

Here's the whole veg family...
Clipboard019.jpg

From a different angle...
DSC_0514.jpg

I was too cheap to buy a pre-made Ebb & Gro system... so I made my own for super cheap. I get these barrels for free. They dont look pretty, but they do there job. I clean them out really good first of course. 55 Gallons each. I made my own controller unit too. That can use a little improving... but it works.
DSC_0500.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of my Lemon Skunk by GreenHouse, but I got the rest of em on here. Check em out...

Super Lemon Haze by GreenHouse
Super_Lemon_Haze2.jpg

White Widow by Nirvana
White_Widow17.jpg

Snow White by Nirvana
Snow_White2.jpg

OG Kush, clone from a local collective..
OG4.jpg

Pure Power Plant by Nirvana (3 of them here)
PPP6.jpg

Kali Mist by Serious Seed
Kali_Mist1.jpg

LA Woman by DNA Genetics (this is one that got roots ripped off and was stunned for a little while)
LA_Woman1.jpg

Great White Shark by GreenHouse
Great_White_Shark3.jpg

Here's my RO system. Pumps about 100 gallons per day. PPM of this water is 3. Pretty darn clean water. When I used to get RO water from the front of grocery stores, that water was around 30-50 ppm. So it works good so far.
DSC_0504.jpg

Another free barrel that I got to store my water in.
DSC_0503.jpg

Ok... so here's my Flowering room. I only have this running at 50%. Im still planning on throwing 24 more buckets in here, 2 more 1000 watters and some rails for those guys. I should be doing that in about a week.

These plants are at about 4.5 weeks. Got about 3.5 to 4.5 more weeks to go.

I moved these plants into flowering way too early, so there not doing too much. I also screwed up earlier on in the flowering. I didnt check my PH for almost an entire week and when I finally did, my PH was around 4.2. So I was locking out a crap load of nutes that caused some harm to my plants, but there recovering nicely now.

So here's what Im working with in here...

16 Plants total. Moved them to flowering at 1 foot. There coming near there fifth week in flowering.
DSC_0528.jpg

This is my intake fan. Somewhere around 500 CFM.
DSC_0530.jpg

The other side of the intake fan....
DSC_0529.jpg

Here's my exhaust fan... rated around 900 CFM.
DSC_0531.jpg

My exhaust outlets...
DSC_0519.jpg

Another one of my home made Ebb & Grow systems..
DSC_0515.jpg

My CO2 tank and regulator... I have a few bottles to prevent from me having to make constant trips to the gas shop for refills.
DSC_0516.jpg

My Ballast and light timers. Not top of the line stuff, but it does its job.
DSC_0517.jpg

And here's a few bud shots. I was drunk while taking these pictures. So they didnt come out very good. I'll be taking more probably tonight, so I can capture what my buds really look like.

This is my PPP
DSC_0538.jpg

I think this is the Church..
DSC_0537.jpg

Forgot what this one is...
DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

Horrible buds shots. I need to make some adjustments on my camera that I couldnt figure out while drunk. I have one of those big DSLR cameras with a million settings, that you seriously have to go to school for just to be able to work it.

Anyway... I'll be posting some better ones probably tomorrow..

taking pictures under HPS light sucks... the camera sucks in all the red light and doesn't give you a very crisp picture. So the best thing to do is wait till the lights are out, or drag one out of the Chamber of Flowering... lol reminds me of some lame RPG thing

taking pictures under HPS light sucks... the camera sucks in all the red light and doesn't give you a very crisp picture. So the best thing to do is wait till the lights are out, or drag one out of the Chamber of Flowering... lol reminds me of some lame RPG thing

Yeah.... dragging them out isnt really an option to me. There all connected by hoses. So I would either have to take the next pot out and stick it in another mobile bucket, or disconnect the hoses and probably get water all of the place.

I have a pretty decent camera. You just turn the flash on and adjust a few settings and it gets rid of a lot of the yellow from the HPS's. Im about to post some pics right now. If I had a brighter flash, then I'd be good, but the pictures Im about to post are as good as there gonna get for right now.

So I played around with my camera a little right now and I figure it out some. I took these picture under my HPS lights and I was able to get most of the yellow out.

If you have a DSLR camera... these seem to be pretty good settings to have your camera at, shooting under HPS light.....
ISO: 100
Shutter Speed: 1/160
Aperture: F20
Flash: On

Anyway... enough camera talk.... check out the new buds shots. I think these came out a lot better then the last.

Clipboard025.jpg

Clipboard0111.jpg

Clipboard025.jpg

Clipboard044.jpg

Clipboard053.jpg

Clipboard063.jpg

Clipboard073.jpg

Clipboard082.jpg

Clipboard091.jpg

DSC_0691.jpg

DSC_0693.jpg

DSC_0694.jpg