Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

I was thinking about changing my light cycle to come on during the night. Has anyone every done this or know how it could effect the plants??

Its starting to heat up where Im at. My grow room staied in the high 80's to low 90's yesterday. I dont have $3K to spend on an A/C unit right now, so I was thinking about changing my light cycle to come on when its dark and cool outside. Then the lights will go off during the day, when its real hot. I dont know if this will effect my plants in anyway, when it comes to humidity or heat during there night cycle, but my room is air and light tight, except for my vents which brings fresh air in and out of my grow room from the outside.

So has anyone else done this??

yes, been doing it for yrs for the same reason....heat...also no one is around during the night....so its more private to me....and no, as long as you have no light leaks, it doesnt matter to the plants. 12 hrs is 12 hrs....works great for me....lavendar:cheer:

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

wt=weight, ads=advertisment.....thats ok....lavendar

Gottcha. Well the weights that I posted was what I weighed the buds at while they were wet. Then I subtracted 75% of that weight to try and figure out what I would get dry. I ended up losing around 80% of the weight to drying.

Im going to harvest my last plant tomorrow. Then I wont have anymore to harvest for about 5 more weeks. So we'll see how this Great White Shark does. It looks really good and compact.

yes, been doing it for yrs for the same reason....heat...also no one is around during the night....so its more private to me....and no, as long as you have no light leaks, it doesnt matter to the plants. 12 hrs is 12 hrs....works great for me....lavendar:cheer:

Thanks a lot Lavendar. I guess I was just concerned with the grow room being dark and bringing in the hot air from outside. I would think that would rise humidity a little too high for budding plants and possibly cause mold.

Or should I just turn off my ventilation all together at night??

I was thinking about changing my light cycle to come on during the night. Has anyone every done this or know how it could effect the plants??

Its starting to heat up where Im at. My grow room staied in the high 80's to low 90's yesterday. I dont have $3K to spend on an A/C unit right now, so I was thinking about changing my light cycle to come on when its dark and cool outside. Then the lights will go off during the day, when its real hot. I dont know if this will effect my plants in anyway, when it comes to humidity or heat during there night cycle, but my room is air and light tight, except for my vents which brings fresh air in and out of my grow room from the outside.

So has anyone else done this??

Me too, I've been growing at night all along. Started last fall when it was still warm out and needed the cool of the evening. Then in the winter I used it for the additional heat at night, kept the room warm enough that I only needed minimal heat. As Lavendar said, the plants don't know the difference.

Thanks a lot Lavendar. I guess I was just concerned with the grow room being dark and bringing in the hot air from outside. I would think that would rise humidity a little too high for budding plants and possibly cause mold.

Or should I just turn off my ventilation all together at night??

No dehumidifier? U can pick a decent one up for $150-200.

No dehumidifier? U can pick a decent one up for $150-200.

Its usually in the 25-35% range where I live, so I've never had to get one. I actually bought a humidifier to increase the humidity.

I'll probably switch my cycles around in a day or two and see how it goes.

Me too, I've been growing at night all along. Started last fall when it was still warm out and needed the cool of the evening. Then in the winter I used it for the additional heat at night, kept the room warm enough that I only needed minimal heat. As Lavendar said, the plants don't know the difference.

exactly...good to know others do the same....the only diff i made in intake and exhaust, was to move the pipe to intake 50% of its air from in the room, so it got a little more warmth, but that was after i measured the temp..in the middle of coldest weather...now its warmer it can go back to total outside air...lavendar:cheer:

exactly...good to know others do the same....the only diff i made in intake and exhaust, was to move the pipe to intake 50% of its air from in the room, so it got a little more warmth, but that was after i measured the temp..in the middle of coldest weather...now its warmer it can go back to total outside air...lavendar:cheer:

you and I are definitely on the same wavelength. During the winter I couldn't bring in any outside air (I live at about 7,000') wayyyy too cold up here. But now that it is warming up I can start to bring in more form the outside again.

But not today, we're in the middle of a blizzard! It was 63 yesterday, 25 today! I love these mountains, but you never know what to expect!

My buds are turning out very fluffy. not compact even a little bit. Can anyone help me out and tell me why that might be?? Even my Indica dominant strains are turning out real fluffy.

I have no clue as to why. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My first thought is not enough light. Could be wrong, shooting from the hip here, and that kief is rally kickin in.

My buds are turning out very fluffy. not compact even a little bit. Can anyone help me out and tell me why that might be?? Even my Indica dominant strains are turning out real fluffy.

I have no clue as to why. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Heat is always a big factor .

Are your temps over 90 during the lights on ?

Or

Does your lights off temp not drop at least 5 deg from your lights on temp ?

I've had some strains that just grow fluffy buds but if its Indica dom not usually .

Keep us posted man !
MJ420:peace:

My first thought is not enough light. Could be wrong, shooting from the hip here, and that kief is rally kickin in.

Well..... I had one 1,000 watt light for only 6 plants. I kept the 1000 watter about a foot to three feet from the plants.

I was thinking the same thing, but I really dont see how it could be light. 1000 watts should have been plenty for only 6 plants.

Heat is always a big factor .

Are your temps over 90 during the lights on ?

Or

Does your lights off temp not drop at least 5 deg from your lights on temp ?

I've had some strains that just grow fluffy buds but if its Indica dom not usually .

Keep us posted man !
MJ420:peace:

My temps have been really good for that group of plants. They always staied around 78 degrees. At night the temps would fall about 10 degrees.

I have no idea how to correct this and my patients arnt happy with the fluffy buds. Even though there getting them high as hell, there not pleased with how they look and that seems to be a big deciding factor when it comes to buying from me. I really need to figure this out so I can correct it with the batch I have going right now.

Well..... I had one 1,000 watt light for only 6 plants. I kept the 1000 watter about a foot to three feet from the plants.

I was thinking the same thing, but I really dont see how it could be light. 1000 watts should have been plenty for only 6 plants.

I can't argue with that, 1000 watts is a lot! How close is the lamp to your plants?

My temps have been really good for that group of plants. They always staied around 78 degrees. At night the temps would fall about 10 degrees.

I have no idea how to correct this and my patients arnt happy with the fluffy buds. Even though there getting them high as hell, there not pleased with how they look and that seems to be a big deciding factor when it comes to buying from me. I really need to figure this out so I can correct it with the batch I have going right now.

I've got a buddy that used Bushmaster on his grow, it definitely stunted the growth and now his bud are short and squat and packed very tightly. I don't know if I'll try this strategy, but I know exactly what you're talking about, my last grow the buds weren't as tight as I'd like them.

I just thought about something.... I had my nutes up past 2000 ppm. I didnt see any signs of burning, so I thought I was okay. Does anyway think that my nutes being too high could have caused my fluffy buds?? Even though the plants showed no signs of nute burn??

That sounds like high ppm.

You might also look into a product called Gravity. It does really well for some of my strains. Some it helps a little - some it makes them very dense.

Tell your patients if the high is there and the weight is there - that's what counts. Also, if you want the bud to look denser, you can just lay it flat to dry instead of hanging it.

:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom