Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Here's a shot of one of my OG Kush buds. This one was picked about 2 weeks early. Actually it wasnt picked, but I broke it off on accident. So we'll see how she turns out. Looks good though.

Resized_DSC_0030.jpg

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Buds look good. Try using a manual type setting and change the white balance to tungsten, helps a little under hps. :bravo:

I use a manual setting always. The pictures look horrible if I dont. I adjust more of the shutter speed, aperture, ISO and the flash. I did see the white balance settings on my camera. I'll have to give that a shot and see how it works. Thanks.

Looking good man! Quick question, what type of camera are you using to take those close up pictures of the trichomes? My camera is pretty outdated, I'm thinking its time to invest in a new one.

Looking good man! Quick question, what type of camera are you using to take those close up pictures of the trichomes? My camera is pretty outdated, I'm thinking its time to invest in a new one.

I have a Nikon D60.

Its overkill if you just want it to take close ups. The thing that sucks is that you have to buy a Macro lens and those things can run from a couple hundred to close to a grand for just a lens.

What I did was I bought a Macro filter set for about $25. There little lenses that fit onto the front of the lens you already have. So its pretty much like sticking a magnifying glass on the front of your lens.

Here's a link to some.

Amazon: Digital Concepts +1 +2 +4 +10 Close-Up Macro Filter Set with Pouch For The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, DMC-L10 Digital SLR Cameras Which Have A (14-45mm, 45-200mm) Lens

1667507325447.png

I have a Nikon D60.

Its overkill if you just want it to take close ups. The thing that sucks is that you have to buy a Macro lens and those things can run from a couple hundred to close to a grand for just a lens.

What I did was I bought a Macro filter set for about $25. There little lenses that fit onto the front of the lens you already have. So its pretty much like sticking a magnifying glass on the front of your lens.

Here's one.

Amazon: Digital Concepts +1 +2 +4 +10 Close-Up Macro Filter Set with Pouch For The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, DMC-L10 Digital SLR Cameras Which Have A (14-45mm, 45-200mm) Lens

Wow, looks like I might be spending a little more than anticipated. That's pretty crazy a lens can be that expensive! Thanks for the information and link though, really helps out. I'm fairly computer and technically savvy, but when it comes to cameras I have no idea what's going on.

Wow, looks like I might be spending a little more than anticipated. That's pretty crazy a lens can be that expensive! Thanks for the information and link though, really helps out. I'm fairly computer and technically savvy, but when it comes to cameras I have no idea what's going on.

It's all in the glass brother. Big money in optics. "Consumer" lenses and "Professional" lenses have a huge price spread. Tip. When shopping usually the higher f-stop numbers 4.5+ are way cheaper than 1.4-2.8.

MMRC. I've been really thinking about the D60 or the D90 for the movie feature. What's your feedback on the D60? Do you shoot other subjects?

Thanks man.
SF

Well... the Macro feature in a camera is what you really want. So you dont have to go buy a high tech camera... but what you do want to look for is something with a good macro setting. The closer you can get to what your trying to take a picture of the better. My camera lets me take pictures of stuff that is almost touching the lens. So the closer you can get to it, the better.

Another good thing is pixels. If your camera has a high pixel rate, then you can use that to zoom in really close to see those trichomes. So you could probably get a camera for under $100 that could take some good trichome shots. You'd just have to search around for a bit.

I like taking pictures way better then trying to sit there with a microscope.

It's all in the glass brother. Big money in optics. "Consumer" lenses and "Professional" lenses have a huge price spread. Tip. When shopping usually the higher f-stop numbers 4.5+ are way cheaper than 1.4-2.8.

MMRC. I've been really thinking about the D60 or the D90 for the movie feature. What's your feedback on the D60? Do you shoot other subjects?

Thanks man.
SF

I used to be into photography, but ended up not having the time for it. So Im still learning. The only thing I know about F- stop numbers are that they represent the aperture range of the camera. Mine goes somewhere between F-4 and F-30.

I've had my D60 for about 2 years and I love it. Best camera I've ever had. I dont know if the newer models have the video options, but mine doesnt. I know for sure that the new D90's have the video mode, but I just use my High Def camcorder for my video stuff.

I usually leave my camera on the manual mode so I can adjust everything how I like it. The only time I dont is when Im in a hurry. Very nice camera though.

So my wife just came home with some HUGE strawberries.

Here's a picture of one I found online. The ones we have are about this size.
4349414473_54ba544e3f.jpg

My question is... does anyone know how they get them to grow this big?? I have a strawberry plant outside and there just regular size. Very interested in this.

Wow that thing is a monster! I'm going to have a couple strawberry and blueberry plants along with a bunch of assorted vegetables around my backyard here in about a month. Would be pretty cool to get some gigantor strawberries like that. Thanks for the info on the cameras too, probably gonna go grab one this weekend with a good pixel count and macro feature.

So my wife just came home with some HUGE strawberries.

Here's a picture of one I found online. The ones we have are about this size.
4349414473_54ba544e3f.jpg

My question is... does anyone know how they get them to grow this big?? I have a strawberry plant outside and there just regular size. Very interested in this.

I bet they grow them in hydro!

i dont know how it is now, but it used to be special plants and alot of ferts with steroids....i prefer the normal ones that grow, and ours get the size of fifty cent pieces i f the plants get old enough....I dont care for the big ones as much....i prefer the taste of the smaller ones....but the large are definately something to look at....thats some pic....lavendar

i dont know how it is now, but it used to be special plants and alot of ferts with steroids....i prefer the normal ones that grow, and ours get the size of fifty cent pieces i f the plants get old enough....I dont care for the big ones as much....i prefer the taste of the smaller ones....but the large are definately something to look at....thats some pic....lavendar

True. I just figured that if you can do crazy stuff like that to fruits, then it could be done to bud as well. I'd like to find out exactly how they grow those suckers and experiment with some marijuana plants.

So I have a questions....

I've never bread my own strain before, but I have a very strong and nice looking male Kali Mist plant. Its from Serious Seed and that plant looks great. Sucks that it had to be a male, but now I finally get to make some seeds.

I plan on pulling it out of my garden in about a week. Its been in flowering for 1 week so far and I can see the bananas starting to form. Im going to pull it out and put it in a closet under a low wattage light. Then collect the pollen and pollinate a few buds.

My question is, what strain should I cross it with. I have a crap load of strains to work with here and I've never done this before, so I was wondering if someone could give me some input on this. I can always pollinate one bud per plant, and see how each of them come out, but I dont want to get too crazy with pollen in my grow room, so Im looking to only pollinate one or 2 plants for now.

So these are the strains that I have. What would be the best to cross a healthy male Kali Mist plant with....??

Super Lemon Haze - GreenHouse
Lemon Skunk - GreenHouse
Great White Shark - GreenHouse
The Church - GreenHouse
White Window - Nirvana
Snow White - Nirvana
Pure Power Plant - Nirvana
LA Woman - DNA Genetics
OG Kush - Clone
Jack The Ripper - TGA Subcool
3rd Dimension - TGA Subcool
Sweet Deep Grapefruit - DinaFem
Big Bud - Homegrown Fantaseeds

I was thinking about crossing it with my Super Lemon Haze. 2 Sativa dominant strains. I could call it Super Kali Haze... or something like that. Looking for others thoughts on this...

Its a nice problem to have Eh?

Back
Top Bottom