Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

mmmm they're looking gggreeeeat! haha looks like some frosted pot buds for cereal :p Ya, the camera's super fast shutter speed seems to be getting rid of a lot of the yellow/red spectrum. Everything is looking good!

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Those church plants look fuckin sexy i should have some of my own here real soon

mmmm they're looking gggreeeeat! haha looks like some frosted pot buds for cereal :p Ya, the camera's super fast shutter speed seems to be getting rid of a lot of the yellow/red spectrum. Everything is looking good!

Man... I was thinking the same thing. I just want to bite them right off the stem, they look so tasty.

Yeah... the shutter speed helps too, but the thing that I noticed takes the most yellow out of the picture is the ISO speed. Turn the ISO down as low as it goes on your camera and it will take a lot of the yellow out. I set mine high... to around 1600 and it looked super yellow. Then I toned it all the way down to 100 and it got rid of almost all of the yellow. Im still playing with my camera. It has a lot of settings. So Im sure I'll get it down a little better sooner or later, but I cant complain so far.

Those church plants look fuckin sexy i should have some of my own here real soon

Haha.... I was just in my grow room staring at them right now. Im trying my hardest not to yank off bottom buds so I can smoke them. The buds on the very bottom have a little size to them.... otherwise I probably would have pulled them off already. Im tempted, but trying not to. I cant wait till there done. I've heard a lot of good things about the Church. Endorsed by Snoop Dog and raved reviews from a lot of patients that have smoked it. Very excited about this one.

Then with my next harvest after this one.. I have about 5 new strains coming through on that one. Im really excited about the Super Lemon Haze though. I loved the Lemon Skunk. Awesome taste and very smooth smoke. Never had Silver Haze but heard its some of the best. So SLH has to be some great stuff. 2 Cannabis Cup championships two years in a row too.

So I cant remember exactly who asked about the plant that I FIM'ed and I appologize to that person, but I took some pictures today.

I FIM'ed my Church plant. I almost forgot that I chopped it up. Well here it is.

I probably wont ever FIM a plant again. It seems like I get much better results from SuperCropping over FIM'ing a plant, but I did get 4 new mains. Even though 2 are smaller then the other 2. Check em out.....

So here's where I FIM'ed it at a while back....
Clipboard0112.jpg

As you can see, I have 6 tops on this plant. The 4 in the middle are from the FIM and the 2 off to the sides are just bottom branches that came up after I chopped the top. Not too bad I guess. I get a lot more with SuperCropping though.
DSC_000411.jpg

Here's a side shot. Its kinda hard to see whats going on here, but you can kinda make it out.
Clipboard026.jpg

haha it was me, no worries :bong:

ya i'm thinking that FIM'ing may take all the plants energy into growing so many chutes at once... you might get production, if the vegging time is prolonged... but if you get more via super croping @ the same veg time, then go with whats tried & true. I tried FIM'ing a few of my strawberry kushs, I suppose we shall see how that goes! If anything, some good clones should come from them.

haha it was me, no worries :bong:

ya i'm thinking that FIM'ing may take all the plants energy into growing so many chutes at once... you might get production, if the vegging time is prolonged... but if you get more via super croping @ the same veg time, then go with whats tried & true. I tried FIM'ing a few of my strawberry kushs, I suppose we shall see how that goes! If anything, some good clones should come from them.

Yeah.... well thats the whole reason why I FIM'ed the plant in the first place. It was started way before all the rest of them, so I figured that I'd FIM it and give all the other plants a chance to catch up. Worked out pretty good. My canopy is around the same height in flowering, except for 3-4 plants out of 16.

Yeah... when I super crop, a crap load of lower shoots make there way to the top and I even get to keep my main shoot, with the nice main cola, thats just off to the side instead of right in the middle. I think Super Cropping is great. My only plants that I probably wont do it again to are my Sativa dominant strains. I didnt see it make much of a difference at all with my Sativa dominant plants.

MMRC,

What an inspiring grow! Makes me appreciate my two little ones. Beautiful plants, how I'd love to rip on one of those pretty buds once cured. Wow.

BTW, I thought a journal was completed after the harvest was shown? But I'm new here so I don't know much.

Anyway.. :nicethread:

MMRC,

What an inspiring grow! Makes me appreciate my two little ones. Beautiful plants, how I'd love to rip on one of those pretty buds once cured. Wow.

BTW, I thought a journal was completed after the harvest was shown? But I'm new here so I don't know much.

Anyway.. :nicethread:

I did show my harvest. lol. A few pages back I believe. I have a perpetual garden that produces 16 plants every month. The buds above are from my new crop coming through. I just posted it here because I have a lot of people subscribed to this journal and not the new one that I started.

You're a "maniac" running two journals.

+props to that bro!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

SF

Haha... well I really dont want to, but I dont want to lose all the people that are subscribed to this one.

Im going to take it off of my signature and see how things go.

Very, very nice. Looks like you have this growing thing wired. Very nice looking plants. Great job.... Not sure I agree with the hydro being the lazy mans way to grow. I guess you have you system wired but from my limited experience, I had to stay on top of my system twice a day and when I did have to go away for a couple of days. Good by plants. I am sure its just me but soil for me has much less issues and is way more user friendly... Just my opinion.

Again very, very nice job....

beautiful, just gorgeous, and the photography wow....lavendar:cheer::bravo:

Very, very nice. Looks like you have this growing thing wired. Very nice looking plants. Great job.... Not sure I agree with the hydro being the lazy mans way to grow. I guess you have you system wired but from my limited experience, I had to stay on top of my system twice a day and when I did have to go away for a couple of days. Good by plants. I am sure its just me but soil for me has much less issues and is way more user friendly... Just my opinion.

Again very, very nice job....

User friendly I agree with.... but to me soil seems like a whole lot more labor and its messy. My PH in my hydro systems needs adjusting maybe once every 3-4 days. While I adjust the PH I usually top off the reservoirs with fresh water first..... and thats it. Im done. I spend more time looking at my plants then I do anything else.

I think if you had a cool soil setup... like with a drain in the floor, so you wouldn't have to deal with the run off, and a big reservoir with premixed nutes that are at the correct PH that is hooked up to a hose long enough to reach your plants... then I think soil would be a piece of cake. But you still would have to worry about watering them on time, and not too much and not too little... and your more likely to get rootbound plants in soil.... With hydro, everything is automated. The only thing you really have to worry about is PH and water levels in you reservoirs. I set them at 5.5... they slowly creep up to around 6.0-6.1 and I drop them back down to 5.5. That usually only requires about 10-15 minutes of my time every 3 days to a week. One time my PH staied between 5.5 and 6.0 for 2 weeks straight.

Back
Top Bottom